Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    It depends, I only know that I'm good at table tennis

Do you often want to kiss your self-created sims
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    No.

Do you?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    I don't want to kiss anyone. I usually don't hugely mess with my sims much anyway, the most I'll ever do is change hairstyle or makeup.

What was the last photo you took? (don't have to send it, can just describe it if you would prefer :) )
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    edited March 2022
    Last photo was 2 years ago when I had my drivers license renewed. I don't want to go into too many details but for my entire adult life I have been deeply uncomfortable about having my picture taken if it wasn't absolutely necessary. If I spotted someone with a camera even remotely pointed in my direction I made sure to keep my back to them. I'm still like that, but I can feel a shift towards, if not embracing having my picture taken, I'm becoming more comfortable with the idea.

How much time and care do you put into creating a new sim?
    Probably like an hour. XD

Last song you listened to?
    832XG3D.gif
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

Same question
    edited March 2022
    It Don't Mean A Thing (If You Ain't Got That Swing) - Dr. John

Love this question, same.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I couldn't figure out what I wanted to listen to tbh. Was skipping around my playlists and nothing appealed.

finally hit on something, this is what's playing right now:

https://youtu.be/fYf6G2MO49U

Though this is also the "what music are you listening to right now" thread.

Here's a question: I have this vague restless feeling, unsatisfied, feeling like I can't get into or focus on anything properly. I feel like I'm missing something but I don't know what. Feels like an absence of forward momentum. But I can't pin down a cause. What's your diagnosis (silly or serious answers are equally welcome)?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    I couldn't figure out what I wanted to listen to tbh. Was skipping around my playlists and nothing appealed.

finally hit on something, this is what's playing right now:

https://youtu.be/fYf6G2MO49U

Though this is also the "what music are you listening to right now" thread.

Here's a question: I have this vague restless feeling, unsatisfied, feeling like I can't get into or focus on anything properly. I feel like I'm missing something but I don't know what. Feels like an absence of forward momentum. But I can't pin down a cause. What's your diagnosis (silly or serious answers are equally welcome)?

Silly diagnosis, more caffeine. Serious diagnosis, depression. I have it, and I have a lot of those same feelings a lot of the time.
    edited March 2022
    @ignominiusrex I have so much more to say but I'm at work. When I get home I will jump back in here to talk some more.
    @ignominiusrex I'm finally home and back on my computer.

As I was saying, what your describing, restless, can't focus, and I'm guessing by absence of forward momentum you mean you don't feel motivated to do anything, you don't have the initiative to start anything? That all sounds very familiar, I have had those same feeling for years and never knew what they were. I always told myself and everybody else, I'm not depressed, I'm happy, everything is great. It's only now that I'm discovering what those feelings were. The restlessness, I have that bad. At times I can't sit still even if my life depended on it. I feel this absolute need to get up and just pace around the apartment. It can last for hour. The inability to focus is another thing I wrestle with. You mentioned not being able to get into things, I have that a lot even with the game. I will go in ready to start a new save, and I may make 2,5, 10+ runs at that new save, some end in CAS, others I can't make up my mind which world to put the story in, and on and on. I look at what you wrote and I see myself. I'm not a therapist, I'm only offering my thoughts on what you wrote and how I see myself in them. If your not seeing a therapist, talk to your doctor, tell them what you told us, tell them you wonder if you may have mild depression. I'm only two sessions in with my therapist and oh what a difference it makes just talking. And that leads me to something I was going to come in here and post about later, but why not now.

I was over the moon about a month ago when I finally made the call to the service we have through our insurance at work that is offered to LGBTQ employees and family. Once I came down off that high, I ran head first into all the lies I told myself while I was in denial. One of the side effects of having to keep my struggles with my gender identity secret was it became impossible to function is social settings outside of home. Even at home I couldn't be me, I had to cram all those feelings and instincts in a box in my mind. I had to analyze everything I did or said so that I didn't slip and reveal the real me. Over time it just became easier to be, effectively, a hermit. I lied and told myself I was happy that way. I didn't need people. After I came off that emotional high, I realized how truly, utterly alone I was, and that I wasn't happy that I was alone. I. Hated. It. That's where my depression really came from. While I was able to lie to myself and believe it, the depression was mild, like what you describe Iggy. Once I confronted the lie, the depression got way worse at times. A black cloud will come over my mind and it's hard to think anything positive about myself. The future feels very, very bleak. I want to stop for a second and assure anyone who's stuck with me this long, I'm not a suicidal person, never have been. I just wanted to get that out given the turn this story is taking to put peoples minds at ease.

Yesterday was one of the worst episodes. That cloud settled in yesterday morning and lasted most of the day. Thank God I had an appointment with my therapist already scheduled. Those of you who saw me posting yesterday morning and afternoon, probably had no idea how horrible I felt inside. When I got to the therapy session, we started right in on how I was feeling at that moment, and I explained how those moments when I confront how lonely I am trigger those episodes. I explained to her, I only have a few friends online, one of them very dear to me. I told her not having friends makes my feel so pathetic. That's when she pointed out to me what I hadn't truly wrapped my head around, so what my friends aren't right here where I can see them anytime. Friends are friends even if they're online and spread all over the world. IN time as I deal with the aftermath of the choices I made I will have that group of friends I can see everyday, right alongside this great group of friends here. That's a long way around to get to what I wanted to say, which, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a wonderful community, for being so friendly and welcoming!🥰 So many wonderful people, you Iggy, @Elliandre, @WhatCobblers, @DeKay, @Stormkeep, and so many others I can't even begin to name them all!💖 I can't put into words how it feels to be able to come in here and just be me. I don't have to put up the facade like I still have to in public, I can just....be. Thank you so, so , much each and every one of you I named and didn't name.

Alright, enough being serious, let's have some fun!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    @DaniRose2143 wow thank you and thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry to hear what you have been through and am glad to hear things are improving and that you are able to express yourself on this forum.
    I agree that one of the best things about this forum is that we can all just be ourselves and just release! If we want to just go mad and have fun, we can do so. I hope things continue to get better for you. 🙂

Now a question... Hmm...
    If you could travel across space and time, anywhere in the universe, where would you go and what would you do?
    edited March 2022
    I'd go wherever the computer Deep Thought is and say 'Once and for all what is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything? And don't you dare tell me it's 42!'

If not that just take me to Norway so I can take in those beautiful fjords and all that lovely scenery.

ETA: Sorry I didn't come up with something more substantial. That was a really great question and my mind is a bit all over the place, in a good way, so it was hard to really come up with anything better.😁
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I hope you are feeling better today. :heart:

For the question: I would go to the dinosaur age, just for like a second to see some dinosaurs, and then quickly leave before I got eaten by one.

Next question:

What's your favourite thing to do to unwind and relax after work or a long day?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @DaniRose2143 that was beautiful and insightful. I have a therapist thankfully, and will be seeing him (via telehealth) tomorrow in fact. I hadn't considered real depression because I've been seriously, should-have-been-hospitalized depressed before and this didn't even ping my radar but your advice is welcome, I will mention it to him.

A lot of what you said rang true to my own experience, startlingly a lot.

hoping someone else can ask a question.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    @Elliandre I was feeling better today, now after opening up like I did I'm feeling even better than I was before!

@ignominiusrex I am so happy to hear you have a visit with your therapist tomorrow. That's the thing with mild depression is it masquerades as other issues, or at least that's what I'm finding personally as I come to grips with it. If you ever need a friendly ear I am a dm away. That goes for anybody. I may not have the best advice yet, I'm still learning so much about myself as I learn to let go and let my thoughts and emotions run their course instead of trying to stifle them.

I love to unwind and relax with music or a really good stand up comedy special on Netflix or something. I have watched and re-watched Aziz Ansari's stand up shows and they always leave me not only with sore ribs from laughing so hard but just feeling happy.
    My favourite comedian right now is Chris Rock, poor guy just got smacked by Will Smith at the Oscars lol. @DaniRose2143 What was your next question?

Next question: What are you watching lately on Netflix or YouTube?
    The latest obsession on Netflix is Good Girls. And I need to dive into Bridgerton. I have had that on my list for a while and I keep getting sidetracked. I'm dying for the next season, and sadly last😭, of Dead To Me.
    @DaniRose2143 I've heard the Bridgerton show is good and want to check it out, didn't realize how popular it is. I think it is the 2nd or 3rd most popular show and I'm curious why but it looks good

Same question again
    edited March 2022
    Hmmm. Bruh, I don't even know what I'm watching in YouTube anymore. And I don't have Netflix. I mean, on YouTube, I usually just watch new episodes from Good Mythical Morning. From time to time, I would watch Photoshop tutorials. That's about it, I guess.

What's a movie that you plan to watch soon when you have the time?
    832XG3D.gif
    On Netflix I really want to watch Penguin Bloom with Andrew Lincoln next. I really liked him in Walking Dead :smile:

Easter treats started appearing in stores, do you have favourite Easter candy or chocolate?
    Reese's peanut butter eggs, or just regular old peanut butter cups. I am powerless to resist the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. I'm also powerless to resist chocolate by itself too.

Same question.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    Reese’s eggs, or chocolate marshmallow eggs. All flavors.

What’s the best and worst thing about spring?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    I also love the Reese's peanut butter eggs but my all-time favorite Easter candy is Sweet-Tarts Chicks, Ducks, & Bunnies. I also love the Cadbury caramel eggs and Whoppers Robin Eggs. I absolutely hate Peeps.

What's your favorite and least favorite things about spring?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 our psychic powers have finally manifested….

Love the warm spring weather. Hate the tornado and allergy season.

Have you ever seen a Moonbow?