Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    I looked up to my oldest brother. He's 11 years older than me. He always seemed larger than life to me. Now that we're both adults, I still admire him but the hero worship is gone. He's still awesome but I'm not a kid anymore so I just see him as a regular guy. I'm proud of his accomplishments and I'm sure the people he's saved (he's a paramedic and was a firefighter) still see him as a hero.

I also admire my other older brother, the youngest of the three. He's hilarious and caring, even though he doesn't show it. He's been through a lot in his life and he's stronger for it.

Both of them, along with my parents, have been huge influences in my life. They taught me what it is to be a good person but to also know you can't save the world.

That's a really good question, same question.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Don't think I have one.

Fav family member of yours?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    one of my cousins. We really seem to get each other, and have so much in common and enjoy each other's company so much.

Same question!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    My husband, our kids, my nieces and nephews, parents, and siblings. I can't choose a favorite.

When it comes to aunts and uncles, I do have a favorite. My dad's oldest brother is my favorite uncle.

Do you have a favorite uncle or aunt?
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,651 Member
    My aunt Judy is my favorite. She is throughly lovable, feisty, and game for trying just about anything.

What is a main dish you really look forward to at large family gatherings?

Never experienced a large family gathering but I read about them and saw them on TV.

I make good pies on the holidays so that's something.

What are you doing to celebrated spring if anything?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    I don't celebrate spring, I do celebrate Easter. I usually go back home to visit family either before or after. My mom makes some kind of nice dinner with some dessert (usually chocolate pie). Easter is one of her favorite holidays, along with Thanksgiving. She always makes a big deal out of it.

What's your favorite holiday, if you celebrate any?
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    I like most of the big ones: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Don’t really make an effort for Valentines Day or New Year’s Eve.

Is there anyone you would consider to be a mentor?
    Perhaps I should have worded it more carefully, like "what do you celebrate, in the spring?" which would include any celebrations that occur in the spring, whether they are directly celebrations of springtime itself, or something else, like Passover, Easter, Holi, or many other celebrations that take place in the spring. :)

That chocolate pie sounds great, is it a chocolate cream pie or some other type? What else does she make for the Easter feast?

My favorite holiday is Halloween and was even as a kid, and it wasn't about the candy, (there was candy and/or too many sweets, at every other holiday too), it was about the pageantry, the chance to wear costumes and be out after dark with no grownups, with that thrilling sense of adventure. All the grownups stayed home to answer the door, and they went out of their way to let us have a great time, the way their parents' generation had done for them. Some of them answered the door in costume, or else just pretended to be scared of ours. Or impressed, depending on the costume. Sometimes we kids would prank each other.

As an adult, I have thrown a Halloween party once or twice, but one was in a basement and was more like a rave (in my 20s) and that was a major undertaking that I wouldn't attempt lightly, again. More recently, I've collaborated with neighbors to do a sort of neighborhood outdoor Covid-friendly block party. I always make sure to have a bowl of treats, and another bowl with non-food-treats, so that if we get a trick-or-treater, we have options for anyone, even if they have food allergies, or their parents would rather not have more sugar.

Nice question, so..same question!
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Nobody right now is a mentor for me.

Fav type of chocolate brand?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    The two main contenders for me are Swiss and Belgian chocolate. Of the two, Swiss being the inventors of milk chocolate, Belgian tends to win my heart because I prefer Dark chocolate. Comparing two equally low-sugar high-cacao bars of dark chocolate, one Belgian, the other Swiss, I can detect the Swiss is a bit "cleaner" in flavor profile, the Belgian a bit more sharp or acidic. But the Belgian has a more complex taste. The Swiss seems harder and denser, but seems a bit flat by comparison.

What chocolate do you like best?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    I'm not really a chocolate fan. I prefer white chocolate. It's the best one. XD

What's a dish/food item that you really want to try but haven't yet?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    That chocolate pie sounds great, is it a chocolate cream pie or some other type? What else does she make for the Easter feast?

It's a chocolate pudding pie with a Graham cracker crust. She usually makes a turkey breast because that's her favorite. Sometimes she makes something else. This year, I think she's making a chicken casserole because that feeds a lot of people for a cheaper price.
    DeKay wrote: »
    What's a dish/food item that you really want to try but haven't yet?

I'm a picky eater so I don't really know. I don't like seafood. Maybe pan au chocolate (or however it's spelled) or tiramasu.

Same question because I like food questions.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't know, I always try new foods on purpose

What's the weirdest food you've ever eaten?
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Cactus paddles. I have recipes for them in one of my cookbooks but haven't yet found anywhere in my country that sells them.

What's the most elaborate/ complicated dish you've ever cooked?
    I haven't done any that most people would call elaborate, maybe Red Velvet Cheesecake bars?

This is great question, let's stick with it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    3 layer coconut cake with a custard filling. My mouth waters just thinking about it. Only baked it twice though because it requires so many ingredients and takes a while to bake and assemble.

Are you an only child?
    No, I'm the youngest of 5.

Are you a risk taker?
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. My rule of thumb is not to voluntarily risk anything I can't afford to lose. But I will risk what I have to, under emergent circumstances.

What was the most harrowing experience you ever came through?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited March 2022
    That I got through, an asthma attack so bad that I was making my peace thinking I was going to be dead soon. Ironically that was the last bona fide asthma attack I ever had. I had a few other occasions where I start wheezing or get a little Short of breath, but never another full blown attack. And I haven't had any trouble of any kind for at least 6 or 7 years now.

And if an experience can be both harrowing and beautiful at the same time, I'm just getting started.

Have you ever taken a ride in a hot air balloon?
    No.

What's your fav thing about The Sims games?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Currently? The Sims2 and how you can train a cat to use the human toilet just like in real life, which I totally would do if I could have a cat. And all the cute realistic details like spooning in bed together, how when one Sim is in the bath, the morning after, the other will like just stroll into the bathroom in his undies and then lean into the mirror squeezing his face....gross but such a real-life, natural detail, you know people on the team knew the real-life stuff they were depicting.

It's so immersive, I don't even need any gameplay-altering or -enhancing mods, just a few key ones that help the game run smoothly. Even the food is way more real-looking than later Sims games, and the preparation also more realistic.

So the big thing for me is gameplay depth, and things like memory, attraction/chemistry, and consequences, because otherwise it feels like nothing actually matters, so there's no excitement in anything you do if you can do literally anything and the Sims just don't care.

I've deleted Origin off my laptop and have only been playing Sims2 and am having way more fun.

Same question! I know you won't have an answer DeKay, because you said you don't play at all, so maybe someone who does will have something?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    The ability to create whatever story and world I want. If I want a perfect world, I can make that. If I want chao, I can make that.

I also love the Build/Buy mode in TS4. I can spend hours building and creating. As someone who isn't crafty or artistic, I can still be creative and make something that looks nice.

Plus, I loved playing with dolls and Barbie as a kid. I would always make up little stories to play out. Barbie was rarely named Barbie and her life was never the same. The sims translates quite well with my childhood playstyle and I won't get weird looks playing the Sims the same way I would as a 30-something adult playing with Barbie :D.

Can you relate to my answer to DeKay's original question?
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    Sort of. I don't really create stories since I'm not a creative person at all. I do find building fairly easy though and can make houses that I'm satisfied with.

I never played with Barbie as a kid but did play with Lego and Minecraft and stuff like that. Again, I never really had stories but I would usually have a theme that I would work towards with whatever I built. I've only really recently started to build proper buildings in The Sims but maybe I'll end up building specific types of lots like lilsimsie does

What is your all-time favourite game?
    The Sims 1.

Are you good at sports?
    FwDXXd5.gif