Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Earrings in one ear?

There has got to be a way to put an earring in one ear only but I can not figure it out. Tried all the likely shortcut keys I could think of. Any hints?
(I'm on a Mac)

Comments

• spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I don't think there is without a mod. I have tried to do that to a million ways. I am about to breakdown and buy Eco lifestyles just so I can have new piercings and dye's for My Vampire Gang, lol.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think there is one or two models of earrings in game that are only for one ear.
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    I'm not sure this is possible
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm pretty sure there is no way to do it unless the earrings themselves are set up as a right ear/left ear variant rather than a pair. One of my biggest gripes when it comes to accessories in the Sims is that they don't have more earrings set up that way. It's made even worse by the fact that most cc creators who make earrings also don't do it. >.<
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think there is one or two models of earrings in game that are only for one ear.

Yeah, it’s only the feather from CL and the triangle from Vampires that work for one ear. If you want something else, you’ll have to look for CC, I’m afraid.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    Well that's kind of disappointing... thanks for letting me know :neutral:
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I would love this option and lashes that aren't cc.

Cc lashes are great but still I would enjoy them for people who can't get Cc or don't want it
    Cc one earring option is... you know I can't recall finding any so I wonder if there's a reason they can't do one side only. I've seen dominant one ear while a tiny stud for the other ear so it makes me wonder if it's not possible? Still would love this option
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'd love to have more earring options with only 1 earring. But, I'd like them to be for each ear, not one or the other. I think there are only 1 or 2 single earring options, and they are always on the wrong side for the sim I try to use them for because their hair on that side is always in the way.

For that matter, I wish they gave us the reverse of any one-sided hairstyle. Can it be that hard to mirror it?
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I would love this option and lashes that aren't cc.

Cc lashes are great but still I would enjoy them for people who can't get Cc or don't want it
    Cc one earring option is... you know I can't recall finding any so I wonder if there's a reason they can't do one side only. I've seen dominant one ear while a tiny stud for the other ear so it makes me wonder if it's not possible? Still would love this option

They do exist, there just doesn’t seem to be as many options as with sets of earrings.

If I remember correctly, the only ones I have in my game at the moment that can be used in just one ear are the ones from Simple Simmer. They are just hoops, feathers and studs, but I like that they can be used for either ear (or both) and that the hoop and stud sets are stackable and also work with other cc earrings as well as the ones in game. Links in spoiler:
    You can also do an image search for “sims 4 earring in one ear“ - or something to that effect 😁 - though most options still seem to be various hoops or studs 🙂
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there is no way to do it unless the earrings themselves are set up as a right ear/left ear variant rather than a pair. One of my biggest gripes when it comes to accessories in the Sims is that they don't have more earrings set up that way. It's made even worse by the fact that most cc creators who make earrings also don't do it. >.<

The one creator i can think of who makes single ear earrings is Pralinesims. But, there's always one, I think a lot of their single ear creations are multiple piercings for that one ear. They may have a few single piercings for one ear, but the multiples run the gamut from mild to wild.
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'd love to have more earring options with only 1 earring. But, I'd like them to be for each ear, not one or the other. I think there are only 1 or 2 single earring options, and they are always on the wrong side for the sim I try to use them for because their hair on that side is always in the way.

For that matter, I wish they gave us the reverse of any one-sided hairstyle. Can it be that hard to mirror it?

Pralinesims single ear piercings are usually offered in L and R versions.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Thanks for the tipo, @DaniRose2143. I've just downloaded every earring she's ever made... :lol:

(It helped that about 7 or 8 pages into her set there's a download of "all earrings previously made" package.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

@DaniRose2143 Thank you, but I play vanilla. If I ever started downloading CC or mods I would not be able to stop and my computer would melt from the overload. :/

@DaniRose2143 Thank you, but I play vanilla. If I ever started downloading CC or mods I would not be able to stop and my computer would melt from the overload. :/

That's a good idea. Just look @Stormkeep. That's the second time I've lead him into binge downloading. I'm a notorious bad influence when it comes to cc.😉