Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• KC_13KC_13 Posts: 15 New Member
    Is there a way to remove those cards in world mode (when you're choosing what family to play) that say something like "sage estates" with a description of that place in the world? I'm okay with it being a mod, but I'm not finding anything. Maybe I'm not typing in the right words in the search bar?
    I want to make my own personal custom save for myself, but those info cards make it hard for me to do so. Thanks
  • HeckHazardHeckHazard Posts: 2 New Member
    is there a mod out there that changes the Potion of Immortality's immortal trait to something more like how vampires don't age, but have a "days lived" counter?

i was under the impression that's what the immortality potion did, but my sim continues aging, and honestly that is extremely frustrating to have gone through all that work to get the stupid potion.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    HeckHazard wrote: »
    is there a mod out there that changes the Potion of Immortality's immortal trait to something more like how vampires don't age, but have a "days lived" counter?

i was under the impression that's what the immortality potion did, but my sim continues aging, and honestly that is extremely frustrating to have gone through all that work to get the stupid potion.

Zero has a mod for that: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-potion-of-29983141
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited March 2022
    is there any mod that allows me to see and remove hidden traits? in particular the one that causes sims to always behave like fans even if they aren't marked as fan or are celebrities themselves?? i truly hate how extremely dominant this annoying fan behavior is in this game and like to be able to dial it down a bit. not every sim needs to be a brainless celebrity drone imo and i am tired of my club members doing nothing but whisper or talk smack about some celebrity i do not care about because there always is at least one around wherever i go and it truly ruins the immersion for me if everyone does nothing but gawk at celebs all day.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    is there any mod that allows me to see and remove hidden traits? in particular the one that causes sims to always behave like fans even if they aren't marked as fan or are celebrities themselves?? i truly hate how extremely dominant this annoying fan behavior is in this game and like to be able to dial it down a bit. not every sim needs to be a brainless celebrity drone imo and i am tired of my club members doing nothing but whisper or talk smack about some celebrity i do not care about because there always is at least one around wherever i go and it truly ruins the immersion for me if everyone does nothing but gawk at celebs all day.

Bienchen might have something helpful: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/
  • OceancatOceancat Posts: 21 Member
    I am looking for a mod that will add onto the in game achievements since none have been added since Get to Work (I believe). I have looked but couldn't find anything, I wonder if modding these achievements is even possible.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

Yes, Bienchen has LessCelebReact which tones it down a lot! I don't think there is a hidden trait that causes that behavior, I think the game just spawns random Sims to freak out and it is really annoying.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    I'd like to see a Mod that makes Toddlers crawl again.
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Yes, Bienchen has LessCelebReact which tones it down a lot! I don't think there is a hidden trait that causes that behavior, I think the game just spawns random Sims to freak out and it is really annoying.

i have this one but it also removes the few beneficial parts about celebs, like the inability of stupid random generated trash to rush flirty greetings on my sims. i do not mind some fans around for realism but having celebrities and good friends act like idiotic fan drones is just stupid and a clear signal sims do get infected with some sort of hidden fan trait when they have been spawned as a fan once. why else would a 5 star celebrity gawk like a fan at some other celeb? and why would my sim's BFF whisper and make fun of her BFF while gawking like an idiot?? it is classic lazy EA programming in my eyes and a mechanic that clearly needs tweaking...and since EA only cares about exploiting gamers with poor DLC and lootbox gambling for children i turn my hopeful eye to the modders, the true magic workers of gaming these days...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2022
    like the inability of stupid random generated trash to rush flirty greetings on my sims.
    It clearly does not do that.

Fans do have hidden traits assigned, but there is absolutely no point in removing them using cheats as the game will constantly reassign these traits on every other occasion. Also, the reactions you describe are not all tied to these traits, but also partly to broadcasters.

If you want to have less celebrities spawn at places you visit with your Sims, you could try my townieoverhaul_lessfame.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    like the inability of stupid random generated trash to rush flirty greetings on my sims.
    It clearly does not do that.

Fans do have hidden traits assigned, but there is absolutely no point in removing them using cheats as the game will constantly reassign these traits on every other occasion. Also, the reactions you describe are not all tied to these traits, but also partly to broadcasters.

If you want to have less celebrities spawn at places you visit with your Sims, you could try my townieoverhaul_lessfame.

i am currently using that because it was also a bit annoying that there are 24/7 celebs around. it made celebs a nuissance instead of a rare occurance
    edited March 2022
    83bienchen wrote: »

you are wrong about this: if you give sims at least one celebrity star they will never spawn as fans again. the problem i have is that they do keep this hidden unremovable trait causing them to behave like fans even though they aren't flagged as fans. i can live with a few of these pests around but i'd like to be able to select sims i do not want to be fans and just make them celebs.

edit: let me elaborate a little better: sims do not spawn as fans ever again if they have at least one celeb star, however here is the catch: once they have been infected with this hidden fan trait they will behave like fans even though they aren't flagged as fans pretty much rendering the sim useless since all fans ever do is whisper about celebs or lick their heels like fools. this doesn't happen if yopu give them celebrity BEFORE they spawned as fans ergo at the very start of your save, because once you start and a celeb shows up (which is pretty much always -.- ) this fan trait will spread like the black plague! and this is the main reason why i desire a mod which allows me to remove this trait since it also will stick on a sim even if you save them to your bin: it is 100% impossible to get rid of it atm.

Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2022

- deleted-
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 702 Member
    @Babykittyjade were you the one who had updated Coolspear fiid 8 bite update?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @Babykittyjade were you the one who had updated Coolspear fiid 8 bite update?

Yes that was me. When it broke after a patch I never updated farther because I honestly have no idea how to mod or check what broke in a mod😅 nor the time to really dedicate to it.
    I was just desperate lol.
    But coolspear did come back to modding slowly. I'm hoping he will get to updating it if he didn't already. I haven't checked in a while.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 702 Member
    Thank you very much for your answer @Babykittyjade. I hope he will because 4 bites is really too slow for a family dinner.
  • GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm just wondering if there's a mod for Bowling Night Stuff that disables the use of bowling uniforms for groups of people playing some frames of bowling in a nightclub, lounge or bar, and they instead wear their normal everyday clothes. Irl I never see people wearing bowling uniforms in alleys. I don't want to keep using MCCC Dresser to switch them back into what they wear most of the time.
    and does anyome know of a mod or MCCC setting that will stop the game from sending the same old bunch of sims to every place i visit??? i am getting tired of being stalked by the Fengs, that annoying couple from Sulani and the Landgraabs (Geoffrey in particular! i do not mind Nancy's company that much) wherever i go every single savegame i fire up! it would be great to actually meet some single young adults in the club for once instead of the same old bunch of married midlifers and pearshaped grandpas with terrible taste (randoms...) all the time
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm just wondering if there's a mod for Bowling Night Stuff that disables the use of bowling uniforms for groups of people playing some frames of bowling in a nightclub, lounge or bar, and they instead wear their normal everyday clothes. Irl I never see people wearing bowling uniforms in alleys. I don't want to keep using MCCC Dresser to switch them back into what they wear most of the time.

@GameBoy2936: sims4me_roleoutfitdisabled_bowling will disable everything but the special bowling shoes.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/outfit-mods-outfit-mods/
    (OM-26 roleoutfitdisabled_bychoice)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @DanmanNefarius Sim Spawn Overhaul
    edited March 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    @DanmanNefarius Sim Spawn Overhaul

@telemwill works like a charm! thanks a lot for this one, having sims from the actual world visit instead of the same old Landgraabs Fengs and whatever that couple from Sulani is called...Kalahahawhatever.....liverlips and perky midlife crisis lady!! haunt your every step whichever world you visit is such a big bump in immersion! plus now the game actually uses sims i normally never ever see when ai controlled, like Zoe Patel or Summer Holiday
    edited March 2022
    anyone aware if MCCC has a way to blacklist certain CaS items when the game floods the world with garbage randoms? because nowadays they also seem to receive vampire and shark teeth.... great for a comedy game but really stupid to have around if you're playing serious! as if the randoms already weren't bad enough due to generic pear males and obese females with a fashion sense that would make a clown frown in disbelief. and if not any mod on the market that helps with this?
  • IsabellaHamiltonIsabellaHamilton Posts: 42 Member
    I'd love a mod that prevents sims from autonomously dancing. As soon as my sims have leisure time they all just go to whatever stereo is playing to dance. I can't have music in my restaurants because sims will leave their tables to dance. I don't want to add the "dislikes dancing" to each and every sim in the game to stop this from happening... :| Maybe if there was a "disable autonomous dancing" that goes for all lots except nightclubs, that'd be awesome. And maybe being able to enable or disable it on certain lots, too, in case someone wants a swimming pool + dancing area, for example.
    pvza8x8vky60.png
    I'd also love a mod that makes my other sims and npc sims finish university without me playing them... It sucks when I have a group of friends that begin university together but by the time my sim graduates and I log in to those that are not in my household, I'll be asked if they want to sign up for another term and they've done nothing in school... :| Really takes away from a lot of the fun with the expansion.
    pvza8x8vky60.png
    Is there a mod that disables celebrities from visiting a lot? I hate how disruptive they are to my gameplay, especially my restaurants... I keep having to cheat with MCCC for them to leave, but that takes effort and time and it drives me insane.

It would be SUPER COOL if there would be a mod that only enables sims with a certain income to visit certain lots. When I create these lower-class or working-class neighbourhoods, it always ruins the immersion for me when the Landgraabs or global superstars keep walking the streets. Same with seeing these regular joes walking around the expensive areas in Del Sol.
    pvza8x8vky60.png