Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error Code 0 Workarounds From SimGuruNick

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
I posted these tweets in my Sims On Social Media thread but am posting here for discussion.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Thanks @simgirl1010. Looks like the team is taking this seriously.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    Video from Pixelade summarizing the community reaction to the bug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgUbVfMhEiQ
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I don't really think a video from Pixelade is necessary in this thread. Is he offering any suggestions in addition to what SimGuruNick has outlined?

ETA: This is simply a video showing tweets from other simmers who've experienced the error and a reading of the tweets from SimGuruNick.
  • Options
    Tagging simmers who indicated in another thread that they were experiencing this problem.

@GalacticGal
    @EgonVM
    @Catzilla
    @Echo1224
    @pandie00
    @ladybreid
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this @simgirl1010. I don't do Twitter so wouldn't have seen this information without your help. So far, I haven't encountered the code myself and thought possibly it was because I don't have Wedding Stories yet. I think I'll fire up the game really quickly and follow SG Nick's recommendation to turn off Join a Career. It very well could be that I've just been lucky so far.
  • Options
    Echo1224Echo1224 Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks for the tag @simgirl1010
    I never got to reply to that other thread because it was closed. Still can't believe that I have been playing since Sims 1 and I did a "save and exit" :D
    I went back to that save and while I had lost a little progress I was able to play and save going forward. Now I am a little concerned that it is potentially a corrupted save. Luckily it is just a scenario save and I don't care about the sim past that. I will try these work arounds going forward though! I haven't had a wedding but maybe the neighborhood stories one messed things up for me.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Echo1224 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tag @simgirl1010
    I never got to reply to that other thread because it was closed. Still can't believe that I have been playing since Sims 1 and I did a "save and exit" :D
    I went back to that save and while I had lost a little progress I was able to play and save going forward. Now I am a little concerned that it is potentially a corrupted save. Luckily it is just a scenario save and I don't care about the sim past that. I will try these work arounds going forward though! I haven't had a wedding but maybe the neighborhood stories one messed things up for me.

Wait is save and exit bad? I do it all the time lol. Ik ppl had a lot of problems with corrupted saves in previous games and im glad I've never experienced that lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited March 2022
    I don't really think a video from Pixelade is necessary in this thread. Is he offering any suggestions in addition to what SimGuruNick has outlined?

ETA: This is simply a video showing tweets from other simmers who've experienced the error and a reading of the tweets from SimGuruNick.

Is this not the thread where we’re talking about the error code? Is there another one you can point me towards?

What would be a necessary post in this public thread?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Deleted to keep thread on topic.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Deleted. Didn't realize Kaiwrysims posted.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I recently encountered the same problem. This is in a new temporary save I used to test the neighbourhood stories while trying a scenario. I will disable neighbourhood stories and see if that works. Thanks for posting this info, I don't follow twitter so this is very appreciated.

I could not save but do a 'save as' I hope that file is still safe to use?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I couldn't find an actual link to the report in Nick's tweets so here is the report on Answer HQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Save-Code-Error-0/td-p/11317078

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

Is this not the thread where we’re talking about the error code? Is there another one you can point me towards?

What would be a necessary post in this public thread?

I personally have zero interest in what Pixelade has to say about anything but I don't think there was anything wrong with you posting that video. It didn't break any forum rules that I'm aware of. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    I couldn't find an actual link to the report in Nick's tweets so here is the report on Answer HQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Save-Code-Error-0/td-p/11317078

Thanks for posting the report Logion. 🙂
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    Luckily have not yet ran into this
    *knocks wood desperately*

I have wedding stories though

but so far not in main save
    or my test save for neighborhood stories

I never did try to do anything with the new cakes yet though and now i will definitely reconsider very hard before i interact with them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Kinda relieved it's not just me, but still sucks. Lost a day's worth of play when I did a Save and Exit and it flashed the error code just before closing. Been working around it by using Save As when I get the message and making sure I get a successful save before exiting.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I had this error the other day and I just did Save as instead and it saved fine, I have been noticing that some things seem extra bugged after encountering it though. Example=Any commercial lot you make such as Vet's office, Pub or Diner will not function correctly at all if you go to save then get error code o. Even if you save around that with Save As, when you go to the lot it does not work like it's suppose to so You have to scrap the lot ( the functioning parts) and start over with a clean Save As. I hope that did not sound to confusing. So far I have managed to play long sessions without to much trouble from that error code 0 bug.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Honestly, I think you should delete the file:

localthumbcache.package

That worked for me and cleared everything up.

Note: The game will lag for awhile after that after you load it again, but that's ok. It's the 'cache' rebuilding itself anew.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    I posted these tweets in my Sims On Social Media thread but am posting here for discussion.

Thank you @simgirl1010 for posting.

I’ve disabled join a career and now Save As. So far so good! 🤞

I wonder what it is about joining a new career causes a bug?

Although I also disabled leave a career until they fix it. With frequency of joining and leaving, all my Other Households Sims would end up unemployed! 😂

I’m not touching weddings until the big fix patch anyway. Elopement or marry at City Hall for the present.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    omg this thread had me in stitches this morning.

Problem 1:
    Simmer: Help! I have a problem with my game.
    Me: Oh no. I oddly don't have this problem. I don't want to get it though. What should I do?
    Guru Nick: Okay, solution, if you have Neighourhood Stories, disable Join a Career.
    Me: Hahahaha are you kidding? :lol: You think I'd let this feature pick my Sims job after some of my Sims quit their high paying careers to wash dishes? Not only is it disabled for everyone, I even went back and put everyone back in their original careers.

Problem 2:
    Me: Oh no. I oddly don't have this problem. I don't want to get it though. What should I do?
    Guru Nick: Okay, solution, if you have Wedding Stories, do not set a cake for your wedding in the calendar feature. Cancel and reschedule the event without a cake.
    Me: You must be joking? :joy: Do you think I would trust that buggy calendar feature with a Sim's wedding cake? The bride and groom in my game carry their own unperishable cakes made with the Fresh Chef trait in their backpack inventory to their own weddings.

Problem 3:
    Guru Nick: Okay, solution, those of you with Neighbourhood Stories, have you clicked on the mailbox lately to check for story updates? Maybe there are some uncleared story updates.
    Me: Have I clicked on the mailbox to check for updates? :bawling: Hahahahahaha. *falls off chair laughing* Well if that is causing it, this is an error message I will never see, because I click on that mailbox all Sim day long now. I'm good.

I can't wait to see the next problem.
  • Options
    Thank you @simgirl1010 for posting.

I’ve disabled join a career and now Save As. So far so good! 🤞

You're welcome. 😊 I've never used Save, always Save As so hopefully that shields me from the error. For good measure though I did follow all of Nick's suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top