Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my March 24th post above! As always, I'll get started on comments/replies, but might not finish them until morning. *sigh* I really need to try to play earlier instead of so late in the day. o.O Anyway, hope y'all have a wonderful day/night tomorrow! <3
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 25
    *This event needed an update all to itself, but we'll be back with Aaron for tomorrow's update :smiley:
    I figured I'd dragged this out long enough LOL
    tyRfiNh.png
    "Hunter? I didn't know you were back in San Myshuno..."
    zgO0XwO.png
    W0sOOCY.png

"Yeah, um my boyfriend became a spellcaster and I attacked him, so I figured maybe I should just leave."
    "...So did mine."
    "Cale became a spellcaster?"
    "Yup..." She grimaced suddenly.
    "Are you alright, Aster?"
    FgyK0ZK.png

"Fine, just this blasted back pain..."
    Pm05Hg7.png

"I'm sorry," he muttered, unable to think of anything else to say, and she shook her head.
    "Don't be, you're not the one responsible."

"So when's the little one due?"
    "Not today, hopefully..."
    (fun fact: I have 21 day pregnancies in my game, and she naturally entered the third trimester on the Sunday, I triggered labour on the Tuesday 5 days before she would have actually given birth because I was getting impatient :joy: )
    "Okay, scratch what I just said-"
    JIU0Q8I.png

"Please don't tell me you're in labour."
    LOswudn.png

"I'd be lying if I- oh hell! Can you call Cale?? Please!"
    GzC93vy.png
    1BngBzV.png
    uAkgm0a.png

"You've got this, babe. I believe in you."
    "I'd like to see you try push a baby out of your-"
    btBvDbt.png

"That's not possible... is it?"
    bVGKPU5.png

"My mother's an alien Cale, or did you forget? On Sixam they abduct and impregnate men all the time-"
    "They do WHAT???"
    Kum7Csf.png

And after much yelling (mostly from Cale to be honest)...

"Welcome to the world, Leo Orion Conrad..."
    fGKcOzy.png
    (okay so I knew I wanted to name him after a constellation or star to fit with Aster's name (meaning star) and Cale's love of stargazing. I was originally going to name him Perseus (Percy for short) but then I was just like nah. Leo is also a constellation and is a name that I've always loved (way back when I played with my simself, I named one of her sons Leo haha). I decided his middle name could be Orion (but in game his name is just Leo Conrad). Oh also he's not a spellcaster but I love how the spellcaster bassinet looks so I placed it in Aster's room ages ago lol)
    Y0WdRtR.png

Cale crossed the room and gazed down at his son before reaching into the crib and picking him up.
    8kZOjk3.png
    (Aster's mother Regan knitted that onesie :smiley: )

"He's amazing, Aster... so perfect."
    "Just like you," Aster murmured as she watched Cale cradling the new, tiny love of her life in his arms.
    1Ljxgqd.png

"Aren't you the best, most wonderful little man?"
    WSWee7r.png

He smiled at Leo and made his way to the bed where Aster waited for him.
    sfMiWY9.png
    EMr2ToM.png

And then he finally said those three magical words (and added three more).
    "I love you so freaking much..."
    AvieyCk.png
    (I was tossing up between having this as the daily pic and the one I chose, so I'm going to just put it here haha)
    BxA8BEu.png
    <3<3<3

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @RememberJoy
    Mar 24: Love that daily pic with Adam and Carol high fiving!
    That idea of having each of them find different things in a scavenger hunt is so fun!
    Those bugs that Carol is catching are huge!
    I have never seen that type of spectre before :o

@permanentrose
    Mar 24: I couldn't stop smiling at the daily pic! <3
    So glad these two finally got together! They're so cute haha.
    EWWW IT'S BRANDI GROSS :joy:
    UGH if she calls Cale 'Caley-Waley' one more time I'm going to kill her myself :D
    HAHAHA love that he morphiated her into a fish :joy::joy:
    Kate's little "Daddy, look, fishy!" is killing me LOL
    Love how proud of himself Cale looks!

@Karababy52
    Mar 23: Ooh that is one hot kiss that Cale is daydreaming about!
    Oh ho ho, it's magic, you know... I don't know if you know the song Magic by Pilot but that's what I thought of instantly when I saw this caption haha
    hvLIp8S.png
    (Yeah...magic.)
    Oh so Sandy is 23, hmm? I love hearing all of her internal thoughts about him and what they might have together.
    OMG angry Cale with that pepper :joy: I don't think I've ever seen that animation before!
    "Watch it boy, I made you, I can take you out!" :joy: me yelling at Aaron to stop being so stupid LOL

~~~
    The Devs really did a fantastic job with them eh?
    Yup the TS4 toddlers are definitely the best in the series! They're excellent.
    Ewww! Aaron! What the hell man, leave the cake alone!
    It was entirely autonomous, again... He's an idiot LOL
    So glad both Robin and Melissa were able to help him talk it out. Very good friends indeed!
    Robin and Melissa probably have the highest friendship bars with Aaron excluding Hunter so I decided it'd be perfect for it to be them.
    Oh man, are you trying to make me cry again?
    Not intentionally! :D
    Oh YES! YES! After a good night's sleep he finally defeats Simeon in a duel!
    You have no idea how much I celebrated when he FINALLY won against Simeon :joy: After how many failures???
    I love the wand so much!

~~~
    Mar 24: Look at Joe's little angry face in that daily pic :D He is definitely a little version of his daddy :joy:
    Omg yes toddlers in the bath are adorable!
    Cale and Joe dancing together is too cute! Also I love Joe's outfit so much haha
    "I fy away t'morrow." Okay Joe needs to stop killing me with his cuteness :D
    Cale looks so proud when he realises Joe is just like him HAHA
    Ugh Cale looks so handsome in that final pic NO i do NOT have a thing for him

@LegacySims2017
    Mar 15: Great series of snowpal screenshots! DJ's facial expressions are great haha

Mar 16: Another win against a sage, DJ is on fire!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 25

OmgmPGF.jpg
    Yes, first things first, I did change Robin's hair. I wanted to do a little passage of time, so it's grown longer, and this is the hair I plan to keep for her next month. From what I can tell, it is VERY similar to the Dream Home Decorator hairstyle so you can use that if you don't want to download any new CC but still want to update her look. For anyone who does want the actual hairstyle though or doesn't have that pack like me, you can download it here

So Posey and Robin have been quite taken with each other.
    Bj7aEYV.jpg

They are officially girlfriends now, and their relationship has been going smoothly. Robin loves having a cute girl to call her own again <3 And Cale has been very supportive of them, realizing that he wasn't in the right place to be in a relationship anyway. Plus, there's a lot of other pretty girls out there for him :D (I was gonna have them have a fight over it, but there's enough going on in my story right now, so I just want to keep things happy with Cale and Robin)
    k4qQueM.jpg
    VytEg2Q.jpg

Robin does sometimes wonder if she's falling too fast for Posey, but that's a problem for future Robin to worry about ;)
    kK6ZiPS.jpg

I actually do want to keep these two together for a bit, and I do want to explore their relationship more and have them chat more and develop things between them when I have more time :) Idk though, just kind of seeing where things go too.

And as time as passed, little ones have grown bigger too <3
    xIA0Aki.jpg

"Unca Morgyn!"
    5EMD7El.jpg

"And where are your parents little munchkin?"
    PYB4cdh.jpg

Otherwise occupied :D
    6gQ5Z8O.jpg

"Alright, I do have a bit of time to play with you."
    "Yay!"
    Q2pt7CH.jpg

"Thank you for entertaining Nessa, darling."
    0mZnoxT.jpg

And Nessa isn't the only toddler spellcaster to roam the Realm these days. I totally forgot that I gave Rose and Carrie another kid. I was missing them having a little tot, so along came Evie :)
    3SAeHH9.jpg

She is still warming up to Nessa's bubbly personality.
    6bbLcZI.jpg

Robin did one of her mermaid screeches and it looks like poor Evie is terrified.
    Np6m3qI.jpg

"Don't worry, peanut, Mommy's here."
    9lHRYKf.jpg

Also just a cute close up of Nessa. I feel like she's gonna look a lot like Simeon :)
    adsGx3j.jpg

I may have gotten a bit sidetracked in my screenshots today, but the main goal of my play session was to get Robin closer to Virtuoso so she can finish these aspirations. She still has a bit of her bar to fill up, but she made some progress.
    mrlpUgB.jpg

Enjoying her snacks as she watches the duel :D
    IT6PUsC.jpg

Victory for Robin (I honestly can't even remember what I had her duel for haha)
    h36MhOh.jpg

I'll conclude this update with a screenshot of L. and Morgyn dueling, with Simeon looking a bit protective as he looks on haha.
    F9rvphB.jpg

Okay, so my goal is to at least catch up on reading your updates today. Sorry to have gotten so far behind, but I want to stay up to date and involved in this challenge for sure! Hopefully can do some brief comments too :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2022
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Mar 23 - Is it Granite Falls? Where can they go swimming there? Or is that a staged shot from another world?

It's a lot I downloaded from the gallery. It's a lovely build that uses pools to simulate a lake or pond. I forgot to give credit to the builder and I don't have the game open right now to look. I'll try to remember to add an update with credit when I do my next post.
    @SoulGal7
    I'm so glad I was able to capture her looking so touched. I only wish she could've held him. I should've added her to the family so she could, but I was scared she wouldn't be a Sage anymore and that would make me sad. Yes! I remember that movie, I loved it! I must've subconsciously remembered that tumor line when I wrote that. :D

Sandy had actually already moved in with Cale to help take care of Joe, so yes she was there for his birthday. Actually, Joe won't count for the 100 Babies, so he still will need 100. ;) If they ever fix the glitch so I can update the first post in the thread, I will definitely keep track of all the baby Mamas and names of the babies. I plan to have Cale take a selfie with all of them anyway and have a wall in his house for them, kind of like the 'Conquest' wall he has now in the greenhouse.

No, I didn't make Sandy. I wanted to seed my game with a bunch of spellcaster NPCs after I got a mod so the game wouldn't pull any Sims to the Realm for that role unless they were already a spellcaster. So I found a bunch of cute spellcasters from the gallery and put them all in a household together. Here's just Sandy by LilRedRidingSim:

Alessandra French

I just changed her make-up and updated her wardrobe a little. Incidentally, I also have the Sim you used for your Fairy Prince from last year in that household. ;) Thanks about the reno on the house. I agree all toddlers are so adorable! I did roll for his toddler trait, but it came up clingy. So I changed it to charmer. hehe Oh well...

hehe Yeah, the play animation looks like they're either flying like a plane, or maybe a bird, so I went with bird. :)

I so, so, SO wanted her to get so emotional over him singing that to her that she would kiss him. But not possible because of the age difference. But soon, very soon! I can't wait!

They didn't actually 'kiss' in Cale's dream for real, it was a pose! So I guess it really was just a dream for him eh? I finally downloaded pose player and found a few poses I just love, that was one of them. I didn't even know if it would let them pose like that with the age difference, but it worked! Yay! I'm going to have so much fun with that mod. :)

Don't worry, they'll be together, whether it's soon or later in the year remains to be seen. I can't say much more than that without spoiling anything. I have BIG plans for the start of April. ;)

@LegacySims2017
    He sure does! He wants her so much, is so much in love with her. Totally Smitten. <3 Hmm, you know, maybe she did cheat so he'd win instead of cheating for herself. I never thought of that. Sounds just like something she might do. :)

Very cool idea having DJ make a couple Snowpals! Why not take advantage of his free time, eh? He never did get to make his Snowpal army like you talked about in another update back in, January? I think. hehe Have fun with his free time the next few days. :)

Yay! Only one more Sage to go! Just like Cale, he still needs to beat L. Hopefully he will before the end of the month. :)

@afai1261
    Aww, you're so sweet making an entire update centered around Aster having their baby! Thank you for that! The impending birth freak out for the baby Daddy/Mommy is just so hilarious! I always laugh my butt off seeing it. :D

I'm so glad she met up with Hunter in SM. Nice of him to call Cale for her when she goes into labor. 21 days for pregnancies? o.O You've got a lot more patience than I do. hehe

HAHA! The convo about pushing the baby out of his...er, dingle is just hilarious! HAHA! Aww, and there he is, another Son for Cale. Love his name! My Step-Dad's name was Leo! Perseus or Percy would've been cute too though.

So he's not a spellcaster or an alien, just a normal Sim. Well that's cool, had no idea that could happen when two occults have a child together. Oh man, my heart - "He's amazing, Aster... so perfect." "Just like you," Aster murmured as she watched Cale cradling the new, tiny love of her life in his arms. *sniff* So sweet, I love that! And this one too - "Aren't you the best, most wonderful little man?" Very cute onesie Regan made for Leo too!

Gah, you're just filled with words of love in this update. He finally said he loves her, YES! Okay, got choked up at that last image. What a sweet pose with them cuddling on the bed and little Leo snoozing away beside them. I'm SO glad I finally got pose player so I can find some sweet poses like this too. Perfect screenshot, just perfect! One of my favorites you've ever taken in fact. Thank you for this entire update, you made my day! *Hugs* <3<3

I was actually thinking about that song when I wrote that, so yes I do know it. :) That kiss was my very first time ever trying out a pose. It's pretty easy to do really. I was so relieved! Imagined it would be hard, but nope. Cross your fingers I don't go crazy looking for and downloading a ton of pose packs now. :D I only have 5, maybe 6 at the moment, but I'm sure that number will go up! ;)

Wasn't sure how much older she should be than Cale. I didn't want TOO much of an age gap, even though age really doesn't matter all that much when it comes to love. I mean it does, of course, but not when people get older. In my head canon Josh was more like 25 when he met Essa and I imagined her to be around 15-16 so you can imagine why he was so hesitant at first. Life has a way of making us more mature than our biological age too, so there is that as well. :)

Sandy is in love with Cale, but she doesn't want to admit it, even though her thoughts clearly show that she is. I think her heart knows, she just needs to convince her mind to that fact. :) OMG! That angry animation with pepper was so unexpected! I've never seen it before either! hehe Hilarious! :D

I bet you did celebrate when Aaron defeated Simeon, finally! I want that wand! hehe

Joe was really just angry from being tired, but his little pout made me laugh, so cute! I've seen that same look on my Grandson's face when he didn't want to go to bed, so just ran with it. hehe The little puppy on that shirt is so cute, I agree! I was hoping Joe would do that spin dance with his arms out like he's flying, but I don't think his motor skills are high enough for it, but it's still cute when they just bob and wave their arms. I love how that screenshot looks like he's trying so hard to do the same moves as Daddy. Just a lucky pause, but so sweet!

hehe I love trying to think like a toddler and what they might say. He was so annoyed Cale was making him go to bed, I figured he might say something about running away from home. hehe Yep, Cale is a proud Papa thinking Joe is just like him. It's so fun trying to get just the right facial expression from our Sims to tell a story. :)

I love that screenshot of Cale, I have many, many more of just him and have to restrain myself from posting ALL of them. HAHA!

@permanentrose
    So happy for Posey and Robin! They look good together! And glad you didn't have Cale and Robin fight about it. You're right, Cale has moved on with Piper or other girls, so I'm sure he's happy for the two of them too. :)

Aww, Unca Morgyn keeping Nessa occupied while Mommy and Daddy duel is SO cute! Nessa is adorable! Oh my gosh, so is Evie! Gah! I love red hair! She's a little cutie pie. Bummer she didn't want a hug though. hehe Aww Mommy comforting her after Robin did the mermaid thing is so sweet! I think you're right about Nessa, she does appear to look mostly like Simeon. Congrats to Robin for defeating Posey and Morgyn defeating L. hehe

Had no idea toddlers could go to the Realm. Cale needs to go there to duel L. and try to defeat her, but I've been dragging my feet. I didn't want Joe to go to daycare, and I worried about Joe and Sandy's needs if I just sent Cale. Now I know he can go with them! \o/ Cool! :)
    edited March 2022
    Okay, so I still do need to catch up a bit on reading. I have read some of your posts/skimmed a lot of them too, but it's just been scattered what I've gotten around to over the last week, I apologize, but I thought I'd at least comment on your latest posts.

@afai1261
    Aw, sweet moment between Astrid and Hunter, and then of course you trigger her labor :D Poor Hunter looks so confused. He also looks kind of rough, did you add dark circles under his eyes or am I just imagining things? Things must be rough for him right now. Love your commentary during the birth, perhaps Cale will get abducted in your game too haha ;) Leo Orion is a lovely name, and I love the thought you put into his name. Very sweet that Regan knit that onesie too! I've just been having my sims with babies shop on plopsy for onesies haha. That's a very sweet pose at the end too <3 Perfect little family. Love that Cale seems to have settled down in your game <3

@LegacySims2017
    Nice work with DJ these days, and very cool he has successfully beat two sages now! Robin has only beat one so far, but not for lack of trying haha

@Karababy52
    Aw, look at that little grumpy face <3 Sorry I haven't properly commented since Joe has been born, but I loved all the stuff with ze doctor and his birth, and I love how meaningful his name is too. I've also loved seeing Sandy interact with Joe too <3 Those are some seriously cute bath pics too. Fun dance party too! Seriously, you're getting great screenshots of Joe and Cale together, it's melting my heart. I love the pics of Joe walking on the furniture, glad it's not a glitch haha, very in character for toddlers. Lovely little bedtime scene too, even though the little one was grumpy haha. Cale is such a good dad. Reminds me that around this time last year, I was in the place as you with Jules and Ruby <3 I think I keep giving everyone else babies to prevent myself from giving Robin one too soon, since unlike last year, her having kids will be a very intentional decision since she's gonna end up with a girl haha.

I just might not have read this yet if you talked about it in another post, so I apologize if you have, but do you have a reason for not keeping Cale a spellcaster like you did with Essa last year? I was just curious :) I've decided I am gonna keep Robin as one, just since I want to keep exploring stuff from this pack since it's all still so new for me, and I think I can make her a vampire without taking away her mermaid or spellcaster forms, which is kind of a fun idea haha

@SoulGal7 sorry ran out of time and i have to find your last post haha, will comment later :)
    @Karababy52 yeah you can just select Joe to travel with them to the realm I’m pretty sure or just bring him there after Cale gets there. Idk I often use MCCC to summon toddlers there since Robin isn’t the one traveling there with them but I think they can travel there normally
    @permanentrose
    No worries, I know you've been busy and haven't been feeling well. I hope you're feeling a bit better now! *Hugs* :) I have to stop myself from taking and posting screenshots of Joe! I love toddlers and I don't play with as many as I should. I think Gloria was the last toddler I had, but I didn't play with her. Josee & Jessah were the last toddlers I actually played for any length of time. I'm having fun with him! Love that little guy! <3

Ohh yeah, that's right! Almost exactly the same timeline when Jules had Ruby! I wasn't going to have any teen pregnancies this year, just like I didn't last year. But, I needed Cale to get abducted and impregnated for story reasons mostly. Didn't get the alien baby I wanted, but that's okay, Joe still works for what I have in mind. :) Who knows, maybe he'll get abducted next month. It could happen! ;)

Ah, that makes sense. You still get to play with toddlers, but Robin doesn't have to go through what her Mom did. It works out. I'm sure whoever Robin ends up with in the end (probably Ophelia), they'll have some little nooboos! I think that's pretty much a given knowing how much you love toddlers, genetics and just children in general. :)

Yeah, I stated in the guidelines I wanted to make it much harder for Cale this year, so he wouldn't be keeping his occult states after the month is finished. That's mostly the reason. :) I haven't done a lot of the things I intended for Cale this year though, including no story. hehe But that will definitely still be a thing this year. I knew you were keeping occults for Robin since you said something about having a mod so she could ultimately end up being a mermaid, spellcaster and vampire without any glitches! Looking forward to when that happens! Should be tons of fun for you. Plus yeah, you're new to the pack so I can understand wanting to explore everything about it more as well. :)
    @permanentrose

Opps, didn't see your additional comment about toddlers in the Realm. I don't have MCCC, but I'll try it and see if Joe can go there without it. Thanks again for the tip! :)
    edited March 2022
    March 25th: Magical protection

tNYIX9d.png
    I was rudely awoken early the next morning when Temperance appeared by my bedside.
    PDTfVgz.png
    I admittedly kind of freaked out and ran into the next room to call up Bonehilda.
    o3nstcQ.png
    After a quick incantation, she appeared and I led her downstairs to where Temperance was.
    pA6Dpx3.png
    q8ovYkk.png
    Bonehilda got right to work and the two had quite the fight!
    B6ABYSW.png
    Bonehilda lived up to her guardian reputation, kicking Temperance's ectoplasma, and sending her packing!
    tNYIX9d.png
    I sat down with Guidry and ended up asking him if he knew anything about vampires. He admitted he knew very little except that they too practiced a twisted sort of magic, drawing energy from a darker dimension than the one spellcasters used.
    eqBVVw1.png
    "The originals were an early type of spellcaster," he explained, "but they called upon darker energies and slowly lost their humanity until they became neither living nor dead. Now they crave what they no longer themselves have, plasma." I rubbed my neck, "Will they die without it?" Guidry shook his head, "The only way to kill a vampire is sunlight, and even that won't work on the older and stronger ones. No, without plasma they just get more unpleasant."
    I thanked Guidry and returned to the Magic Realm. I couldn't find Morgyn right away, so to pass the time I challenged Darrel to a duel. Kaori came down to watch us and cheered when I sent him flying.
    oYeXRb7.png
    Morgyn found us a little later chatting on a bench and asked us to follow him into the library.
    nMTFcmp.png
    We sat down and I asked if he had news on the vampire.
    j6Dm4aO.png
    Morgyn sighed, "Yes and no," he said. Kaori gave me a shocked look, "There was a vampire here?" she asked. Oops, I guess I still hadn't told her about that. I quickly explained what had happened and then asked Morgyn to continue. "We set up a watch," he explained "but whoever it was never showed up again. We ended up using a spell that reveals magical residue and," he paused and looked up at me," there was indeed a vampire lurking outside your house." Kaori reached over and took my hand, "Do you think it was after Adam?" she asked. Morgyn rubbed his eyes, "It's hard to say," he said. "It could have just been after spellcaster plasma in general, and got spooked when Adam saw it." Morgyn looked at me hard, "You told me back at the pub that you had met a vampire once. Do you remember the specifics of the meeting?" he asked.
    oMLYFkk.png
    I placed my elbows on my knees and rubbed my eyes, trying to pull up more of the memory. "I was fairly young," I said, "around six, and I was in one of my mother's homes. I can't recall which one," I looked up sheepishly, "she's very rich and we moved around a lot." I closed my eyes again and continued, "I was suppose to be in bed, but I heard voices downstairs, so I snuck out to the landing and looked over the railing. There was a man wearing all black talking to my mother and they seemed to be having an argument of some kind. Suddenly the man turned and looked directly at me. His eyes were blazing red and when I tried to turn and run, I found myself paralyzed. He smiled cruelly at me and when I saw his fangs I remember panicking and then... nothing." Kaori squeezed my hand and Morgyn nodded thoughtfully. "So your mother might have known this vampire," he said. "Did you ever discuss what happened with her?" I laughed, "My mother was never the nurturing type," I said bitterly, "I always felt like I was more of one of her experiments than her son. We rarely talked, and when we did, it was fairly clinical. I left her care as soon as I was able."
    5At5y1o.png
    Morgyn sighed and stood up, "Well until we can learn more, be careful Adam. We have reinforced the charms around Glimmerbrook so you should be safe there, but you are always welcome to stay here as well." He left and Kaori and I sat in silence for awhile. "I'm sorry I've dragged you into this Kaori," I finally said. "You deserve so much more..." Kaori cut me off, "Adam," she said looking me in the eyes, "No. Neither one of us can change the past, and I don't regret choosing you." She leaned over for a kiss, "We're in this together, whatever may come next."
    zbiMppZ.png
    I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I wiped it away. "Thank you Kaori," I said snuggling up to her. "You and Carol are the only stable things in my life right now, and I don't know what I'd do without you."
    By now it was 3pm and Carol would soon be back from class, so I went to meet her. After some food, we sat down to play chess and chat about school. Carol was very good, but I was able to just beat her.
    mbEkVhY.png
    I think I need to work on my logic some more. She asked if we could go fishing, so we went up to the gardens and finished the evening with some fishing.
    ycKmucY.png
    After I returned her to Kaori, I headed back home for the night. Morgyn had said it was probably safe, and I didn't want to live in fear of vampires. Besides, I still wanted to get in touch with Kaori's grandparents to find out what exactly had happened.
    AVswpqE.png
    I reached out in search for them, but once again all I found was a melancholy ghost.

Granite falls lake build I forgot to credit earlier: The Falls Clear Lake by kiyomilovee
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar17.jpg
    March 17: Anton Von Haunt!

dj-03-118.jpg
    dj-03-119.jpg
    dj-03-120.jpg
    dj-03-121.jpg

Side Notes:
    • No storytelling for this daily image. Figured I'd give some toddler shots of D.J.'s son he still doesn't know he has as of yet.
    • Anton grew into the toddler stage with brown hair, so I assumed Caitlin's natural hair color was brown and changed hers to that from the blue and then pink she had.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    March 24th Comments:

@afai1261
    Good for Aaron having that talk with Robin. And finally resting. I think Yoshi is excited about seeing Hunter again, too. :smile: I hope winning the duel doesn't go to Aaron's head. He was doing so well with that talk with Robin.
    Cute, harmless dust bunny...but not to D.J. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    What a fun ending to their vacation trip. Love the photos he put out for display. A spectre with glasses. :lol: A nerdy spectre? :joy:

@permanentrose
    Ha, ha! :joy: I think Brandi deserved that. I wonder if she'll remember that when she turns back. Too funny!

@Karababy52
    When I first got the Bust the Dust Kit, it was horrid. The dust level was ridiculous. A Sim would clean and the dirt would appear 6-12 hours later. Thankfully, EA/Maxis did an update so that wouldn't happen and then also allowed the dust part to be turned off. I like getting the extras that come with packs and kits. Am glad I was able to find good use to show off the dust bunnies this time around.
    Aww, now it's 'big boy Joe'. Cute. :blush: The angry facial expressions did crack me up. Yup, just like daddy. Did Cale win the chess game again? Did Sandy try and cheat...again? :lol:

@SoulGal7
    Yeah, some of those potions look not so good to drink. I like how it shows what's in them, though. Or a basic idea. I do like the dust bunnies. I normally turn off the dust portion in my gameplays, but I had to turn it on for this one.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    March - Day 25: "If you're happy and you know it, show your teeth!"

80mPoEx.png

Notes

I've been busy doing background things in preparation for next month all day. I'd show you what I've been doing, but I don't want to spoil anything. ;) I might update this post later, but not sure I'll have time before I need to get some rest. In the meanwhile, hope you like this screenshot of Cale looking very happy. Hopefully I'll be able to at least post comments/replies. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I wanted to update you all on why Feb became a struggle and why I've been struggling to catch up since. I decided to divorce my husband and he's finally moving out next Friday. I've been dealing with everything that comes with making the divorce happen as civily as possible. So I'm going to keep trying to catch up. But things are very crazy right now.
    Hopefully soon I can catch up.
    @LegacySims2017
    Aww! Anton is so, so cute! Good idea changing Caitlin's hair color to match his, you're probably right her natural is brown. I hope DJ finds out he has a Son soon so he doesn't miss out on the toddler stage.

Oh, neither one actually won, they didn't play a complete game before they had other things to do. Nobody tried to cheat this time though. hehe Glad they updated Bust the Dust for those who like the kit. Nice that you can turn it off, I guess. Not sure why anyone would buy it if they weren't going to do the gameplay though. I mean, doesn't it just come with vacuums, dust busters and a couple aspirations? What else would anyone want to have the kit. Just curious. Like I said, I don't have it, so maybe there's other stuff to do in the kit?

@Shadami

Oh man, so sorry to hear about your divorce. :( Don't worry about the challenge dear, just take care of yourself and do what you need to do. *Hugs* <3
    edited March 2022
    March 26
    *I might go back to short, no commentary updates for a bit because I'm ill again and I'm pretty sure it's covid this time, so can't focus on writing story at all. I'll get to comments/replies if I can but I'm just so fatigued right now.
    0lhxhNM.png
    Not that these screenshots even need much of an explanation though haha
    fWYsvOt.png
    TQHLgfJ.png
    U8y8iPF.png
    BwsHLvX.png
    AHpTwo2.png
    NXclDGV.png
    RjzFJ1a.png
    YXguP4P.png
    DE2ASD2.png
    BTt3X77.png
    q1InzK6.png
    3E5amND.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @permanentrose
    Mar 25: Robin's new hair is perfect for a timeskip!
    And Robin and Posey are just so freaking cute together <3
    Awww "Unca Morgyn!", love it haha. Nessa is adorable!
    OMG a little redhead, I love Evie!
    I'm running out of words to describe how cute toddlers are in this game

~~~
    YES I wondered if anyone would notice Hunter's new eyebags! He's been having a tough time, yeah. I also changed his beard and hairstyle to give the illusion of a time skip :)
    HAHA maybe I need to arrange an abduction for Cale next month :joy:
    I always think I put way too much thought into names for my born in game sims, like each of my families have a theme that I like to stick to, and in Aster's family both she and her brother have names that mean 'star', so for Aster's kid I wanted a name that reflected that. And it's a fun coincidence that Cale loves stargazing so choosing a name like that was perfect.
    Regan is creative so I figured she'd be all about knitting clothing for her grandson lol
    I'm glad you liked the pose, and yes Cale is pretty much settled down in my save haha.

@Karababy52
    I figured these two were important enough to have a whole update dedicated to their story haha instead of just an addition at the end.

In my headcanon, Aster and Hunter actually dated before Hunter met Aaron, but they broke up amicably and remained friends because it wasn't what they wanted. In game they are just friends from being in the club together but I thought it would be nice to include him in some capacity since they do both live in San Myshuno. And their boyfriends are both spellcasters ;) I do think though since I've decided that Aster and Cale will be together for the rest of the challenge that I might turn him into a vampire some time soon :)

Well my patience was wearing thin because her pregnancy was only 16 days :joy: since I made her go into labour early. I just knew that I didn't want her pregnancy to be the default 3 days because that felt too short.

I'm so glad you loved the update, I hoped you would!
    If you want that exact pose that I used for them cuddling on the bed, I can track it down for you :) Just not right now because I don't have the energy to be looking through tonnes of tumblr pages. But dang maybe I should have gone with my first instinct and made that posed pic be the daily pic...
    One of your favourite screenshots I've taken??? Oh wow thank you! <3 AND I made your day??? Aww you have no idea how much that means to me!

HAHA I can't believe I didn't realise that it was a pose! Lol I have like 122 pose packs right now according to my pose folder :D Downloading them is very addictive!
    I've been using poses for almost 4 years now and I remember being completely mind blown the first time I used one haha.

Toddlers have some really great facial expressions!

~~~
    Mar 25: Look at that smile! Cale knows you're taking pics, he's totally posing ;)

@RememberJoy
    Mar 25: Great capture of Bonehilda beating up Temperance! She never did actually fight her in my game, strangely enough...
    That first pic of Adam under the spoiler, love his facial expression :joy:
    Ooh more lore development, very nice! Love that he asked Guidry too.
    And Adam's mother had a thing with a vampire??? :open_mouth: The plot thickens!

@LegacySims2017
    Mar 17: Anton is very cute! I think he looks a lot like DJ right now!
    edited March 2022
    March 26

vLnQ8B1.jpg
    Still trying to have Robin beat L. and Simeon in a duel. But today was not that day....
    8iBkmut.jpg
    pt1fUyA.jpg

After she dueled L, she overcharged since I wasn't paying good enough attention, whoops :D (daily pic obviously). But L.'s reaction was just so entertaining haha.
    osJ6XgV.jpg

She also got the curse of awkward hugs from losing too many duels. So, there's a lot Robin needs to do get back into a good place haha.
    jDiDZ48.jpg

First, lets get her needs stable.
    mOzyQJu.jpg

She does know the Scrubaroo spell now, and as she cast it, a very filthy Pepper joined her. Wish you could Scrubaroo pets too haha.
    wRtSnjd.jpg

This works though :)
    tdR5vbi.jpg

And finally, a Decursify spell put her right back where she needed to be :)
    G9Ivoec.jpg

Shortly after, I noticed Cale annihilating Bianca, one of my spellcaster sims, in a duel.
    uKb1JS7.jpg

Of course, since Bianca is a pretty lady, Cale felt the need to get flirty. (Cale is actually a YA as of now in my save, just in case he fathers any more children, it will ensure that the genetics won't glitch, so it's actually very reasonable for him to pursue Bianca, who is a YA. I also just viewed it as Cale being slightly older than Robin, so that's why he has reached the YA life stage slightly before her haha. I do think it will be time for Cale to settle down soon, but for now, I was just letting him have some fun haha)
    6B5mjHY.jpg

Oh yes, what an exciting idea ;)
    ONR0r4u.jpg
    a6FJYBa.jpg

L!!!!! WHY??? :joy: (She did leave shortly after haha)
    SUwDKcg.jpg

(I checked, no baby, whew! Lol. I think I figured out what was wrong with my pregnancy settings - I had two mods that were both affecting risky woohoo and the settings for both of them weren't lining up so it was accidentally ridiculously high, but I think I have them at a good setting now haha)

And what was Robin up to autonomously this whole time?
    r5gsOG1.jpg

I decided to let her milk the beastly thing.
    Ciuzjld.jpg

And this is what she retrieved :joy:
    BnwBPSy.jpg
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited March 2022
    Feb 24 - True Confessions - Part 1

sofia-jimmy-leg.png
    Dylan woke up early and immediately checked his phone.

woke-up-and-no-text-fropm-morgan.png

There was still no text or voice message from Morgan. Dylan texted her again out of habit. He just couldn't believe what had happened last night. He was still reeling from the shock of Morgan walking out of the Chain Breakers meeting, and out of his life. Everything had been going so great, and now...disaster. Tonight was another dance practice and Dylan had to make a decision on what to do about Sofia. He really didn't want to replace Morgan or DJ on the dance crew, but he might have to.

he-got-a-text-from-dj-rev.png

Speaking of DJ, there was a text message from him! Finally! But it was rather cryptic and just said that he was coming over early tonight and needed to talk. Dylan still didn't know if that meant DJ would be coming to tell him he was leaving the Chain Breakers or not. Well, Dylan would find out tonight.

he-was-miserable.png

And he also had to tell Jade what had happened last night. He wasn't looking forward to that, as he felt he had somehow let her down by being responsible for this whole scenario. Gah! The day hadn't even started yet and he felt miserable.

Dylan decided to distract himself and went outside to tend his garden. It had been several days, and it needed some work.

dylan-worked-on-his-garden.png

Afterwards, he came in and decided to do some programming and up-dated the Scout website for a Scout badge he had been working on. Pretty soon, it was time to head to school.

worked-on-some-programming-for-his-scout-badge.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Dylan arrived home, he changed into his Chain Breakers outfit and immediately called Jade. He told her what had happened last night. At times, there was complete silence on the other end of the phone, and Dylan wasn't sure if she was there or not. She told him not to worry about anything, and that she would be over in a bit.

dylan-chatting-with-jade.png

Almost as soon as he hung up, there was a knock on the door. It was DJ.

Dylan: "Hi DJ, come on in." , he said and noticed that DJ wasn't wearing his Chain Breakers dance crew outfit.

DJ came in and sat down heavily on the chair.

dj-sits-down-heavily.png

Dylan looked at him strangely, "So, DJ what happened last night?"

so-what-happened-dj.png

DJ decided to just lay it on the line with Dylan, "I screwed up, Dylan. I was approached by a girl at the club the other night, and she manipulated me. She played me. She said she wanted to be with me...ha...that's a laugh...but, because I was in another dance crew, she couldn't socialize with me during competition month because of some club rule. But, if I joined the dance crew she was in, we could be together. I believed her, but it was all a lie...I really don't know what happened...she had this strange hold on me..."

dj-whining-1.png

Dylan had heard that rule before, "This girl...she was a Starlight...right?"

DJ: "Yes! How did you know?"

she-was-a-starlight-right.png

Dylan: "I have a friend who is...er...was...a Starlight...and she told me about that rule when we first met. It was before I formed the Chain Breakers..."

DJ: "Oh...anyway, Dylan, I'm sorry...I joined the Starlights because this girl was a Starlight...and I wanted to be with her. And I was at a Starlight practice last night...but I found out some things about this girl...and how she had lied to me about a few things...and I quit...I am done with those Starlights. I made a really bad mistake, I can understand if I can't come back to the Chain Breakers...but I promise you, I will work so hard...harder than I've ever worked before..."

dj-whining-2.png

Dylan nodded his head, "Ahhh...DJ...I am not going to kick you out of the dance crew. We were all kind of wondering what happened to you last night. I just wish you would have talked to me about it. Some of the other dance crew members thought that you might have gone to the Starlights. In fact, that girl tried to use her charms on Cale, too,.."

DJ: "She tried to get Cale to join, too? Oh gosh! Now I feel like a complete fool..."

im-not-kicking-you-out.png

Dylan: "No, don't be...but some other stuff happened last night, too...and things have become complicated..." he said and then brought DJ up to speed on everything that had occurred last night.

morgan-left-the-chain-breakers-no.png

DJ: "Morgan left the Chain Breakers? Nooo! She is one of the best dancers..."

Another knock on the door, and it was Jade.

dylan-are-yuou-alright.png

Jade: "Dylan! Are you all right? I can't believe what you told me all happened in one night!"

The other members started to arrive and when Sofia entered, DJ looked shocked to see her.

DJ: "You! I think I know you...weren't you at the Starlight practice last night? What's a Starlight doing here?" he asked narrowing his eyes.

hey-what-a-starlight-doing-here.png

Dylan: "It's okay, DJ. This is Sofia. She's a friend of mine. She was kicked out of the Starlights last night..."

this-is-sofia-she-is-a-friend.png

DJ: "Oh wow, so that was what was going on at the Starlights practice last night. Hmmm...you were being ousted...and you're Sofia...the reason Morgan left the dance crew..."

More conversation ensued, and then Jade asked everyone for their attention.

Jade: "I probably should have told everyone this at the start. But it's rather important that I tell you now, based on what has happened. It may come as a shock to you, but I was a Starlight..."

i-ws-a-starlight.png

Adam looked shocked: "You were a Starlight?" There were several more gasps from the group.

you-were-a-starlight.png

Jade continued, "Yes, Captain of the Starlights, in fact. I created the Starlights, and brought the group to champion status. And when I became a young adult, I handed the reigns over to a new recruit, who was a very good dancer. She was dedicated, and a fair leader, and had great ideas for the Starlights. Her name was Luna Villareal. Later that same year, Luna's cousin came to live with them, and for some reason, Luna's cousin became the Captain of the Starlights. Luna's cousin was not the same leader that Luna was, and suddenly things changed. She started making new rules, "poaching" dancers from other teams, and holding auditions and belittling those who didn't make the Starlight dance crew. But they kept the champion status, winning year after year.

mean-looking-cale.png

This was not the dance crew that I had created. It saddened me to think of what the Starlights had become. I wanted to find someone to go against the Starlights and maybe even take the championship away from them. So, I started looking at teens and was hoping that I would find a teen who would be strong enough to lead a dance crew to victory. But I couldn't find anyone. But then I met Dylan...and I was immediately impressed with his dance moves. I finally had hope that perhaps Dylan and his crew would be the ones to go against the Starlights. To actually give them some competition.

oh-gosh-forget-i-said-that.png

Unfortunately, it appears that Luna's cousin somehow found out that I was mentoring the Chain Breakers, and has decided to exact her revenge on Dylan and the group. I believe this has all happened because she is trying to get back at me for some reason. Maybe she feels I have betrayed the Starlights. I don't know. But, I just never thought that Luna's cousin would outright try to destroy the Chain Breakers, and I truly apologize. I feel this is somewhat my fault."

i-feekl-this-is-my-fault.png

Everyone was silent and had mixed reactions about Jade's confession.

Wolfgang: "Jade...I had heard a rumor that you had been the Captain of the Starlights once, but I never knew you started the dance crew. I just didn't really believe the rumors, because your dance crew now, Partihaus, is so fun and friendly. I figured that the rumors were false..."

i-had-heard-some-rumors.png

Jade: "Thanks, Wolfgang. But, no, it's true, I started the group...and that's how the Starlights used to be...lots of fun...we'd meet up with other dance crews and have fun dance battles together. It was a good time..."

Sofia: "I wish I had been a Starlight when you had been Captain, Jade. It sounds so different than it is now..."

i-wish-i-had-been-a-starlightr-when-you-were-captain.png

Dylan: "Jade...what puzzles me is that I don't even know the Captain of the Starlights..."

bur-i-sonr-knoq-rhia-girl.png

Cale: "It's that girl, Dylan! At the club the other night...the one who was trying to get DJ and I to join the Starlights...I'm sure of it...'

its-that-girl-from-the-club.png

Dylan shook his head, "I never saw her Cale..."

Sofia looked livid: "Veronica was at the club trying to get you and Cale to join the Starlights? Unbelievable!"

veronica-cillareal-one-and-the-same.png

Dylan heard the name, "Um, Sofia...did you say her name was Veronica?"

Sofia: "Yes, Veronica Villareal. One and the same! Oh that...#**&#!" and Sofia shouted forbidden words and looked really angry.

veronica-it-cant-be-the-same-one.png

Dylan was rather confused. He suddenly remembered a girl named Veronica whom he had met at Discotheque Pan Europa after Sofia had left from their night of dancing. At least he thought her name was Veronica. That night seemed to be a bit of a blur in his mind. But, it just couldn't be the same Veronica, though. From what he remembered, that Veronica had been so sweet...she had even texted him the next day to see if he was alright. He only responded a few days' later and told her he'd see her after the dance competition was over. She seemed so nice and he thought that they could be friends. She had told him she was in a dance crew, but never mentioned which one. There were so many dance crews...it just couldn't be the same Veronica! The Captain of the Starlights had to be someone else.

lets-have-a-practice-wolf.png

Wolfgang: "Well, now that everything is out in the open, I think that if anyone is unhappy about being in the dance crew, or wants some changes, that they need to speak to Dylan first. There is less than a week until the competition, and I know I am going to give it my all to become the best dancer I can be! So, let's get practicing. Dylan and I talked at school today, and I think we've come up with a fantastic routine..."

Jade: "...And I want everyone to practice those light spins...if there is a tie, there will be a showdown...and the judges normally want to see a light spin..."

Aaron: "Well...we'll leave the light spins to Morgan...she's the best..." he said and then realized his mistake, as Morgan was no longer in the group.

oh-gosh-morgan-is-gone.png

Sofia spoke quietly, "I know I'm not Morgan...and I am sorry that she's gone, too...but if anyone needs help with light spins...I can help if you want..."

ill-help-you-ribin.png

Dylan: "Thanks, Sofia...that would be great...and Sofia..." he said handing her a dance crew outfit which Jade had brought over,"...this is for you...welcome to the Chain Breakers..." Sofia thanked Dylan and then changed into the new dance crew outfit.

robin-looking-at-sofia-and-dylan-rev.png

Robin looked at Sofia and Dylan and gave a sigh, "So...Morgan isn't coming back, is she?"

Dylan shook his head sadly, "I don't think so...but Morgan will always be a Chain Breaker...that doesn't change..."

but-morgan-will-always-be-a-chain-breaker.png

DJ spoke up then, "If she comes back, Dylan, she can have my spot. Morgan is a much better dancer than I am...and I kind of deserted the Chain Breakers for another dance crew..."

morgan-can-have-my-spot.png

Dylan: "Thanks for the offer, DJ...but knowing Morgan, she wouldn't take it. And you earned a place on this dance crew. You are a Chain Breaker, DJ, and don't forget it..."

knowing-morgan-she-wont-take-it-dj.png

Wolfgang: "Alright, let's get in dance formation and prove that we are the best dance crew ever! We are the Chain Breakers and we are going to win this Dance-Off Competition!"

dance-pracrice-with-sofia.png

And they practiced and practiced, and as Jade had suggested, they practiced their light spins.

light-spin-cale.png

lite-spin-adam.png

light-spin-practice.png

Robin looked at everyone doing their light spins and as hard as she tried, she was having problems. She wished that Morgan was still there and she could practice with her.

robin-fail-at-dance-spin.png

poor-robin.png

The practice ended and everyone bid each other good night and headed their separate ways.

Aaron and DJ were heading to the The Narwhal Arms to continue practicing their dance moves. They invited Robin along, but she declined. She had other plans...and hoped that she wasn't making a big mistake.

heading-home-robin.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited March 2022
    @afai1261 - So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, and I do hope it is NOT COVID. Take care of yourself!

@Shadami - I am so saddened to hear of your pending divorce, and am thinking of you as you go through this difficult time.

Hugs to you both!
    big-hug-emoji.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited March 2022
    March 26th: A bit of mischief

antTZKB.png
    As soon as I stepped through the portal Kaori raced over and asked if we could duel. "I've been practicing with Morgyn and he thinks I'm ready to test my skills against yours!" she said almost giddily. I smiled, "He does, does he?" I said. "Let's do it." We got into position and our duel began!
    FrqX5Ua.png
    Immediately Kaori got in a few good shots and I couldn't help but be impressed by her improvement. With a sudden burst of energy she broke through my defenses and whipped me around her head, flinging me to the cobblestones below! Ouch.
    MiAg3Oh.png
    Y0Vp1JI.png
    She fist pumped the air and cheered as I gingerly pulled myself up off the ground. "Nice one!" I said giving her a high five, "You've come a long ways and I'm so proud!"
    GdcGFvp.png
    She grinned, "I couldn't have done it without you Adam," she said, "Thanks for all your lessons!" We began to walk back into HQ and she asked if I'd help her create her first batch of the plentiful needs potion, as she had finally learned the recipe. Together we took turns stirring the cauldron and I shared some tips that I'd found made the process go more smoothly.
    wSuLmoP.png
    When we were finished, Kaori bottled it up and tested one. Perfect!
    0d1JcYG.png
    She was feeling fairly confident, so I challenged her to another duel. Morgyn came down to watch just as I flipped Kaori into the air in victory.
    fCJ4XtM.png
    Apparently he disapproves.
    I was grinning when Kaori sprang up from the floor with an impish smile. "We'll see who's smiling in a minute!" she laughed, waving her wand at me.
    TxGfjXm.png
    With a poof of black smoke her spell backfired, and suddenly Kaori was dressed like a very sad clown.
    NCVcQNx.png
    "Kaori!" I yelled and than caught myself, good thing nobody was close by, "I mean Katie! What happened?" Kaori covered her face, "Ugh, that backfired spectacularly," she said wiping a tear off her made up face.
    NW5NSF1.png
    "L taught this one to me yesterday," she said, "it's called the Tragic Clown. I guess I had it coming." I tried not to laugh, she looked so sad. "You just need more practice," I said trying to be encouraging. "How long does this last?" She sighed, "A couple hours." I positioned myself behind her, "Perfect!" I said, "Just enough time for a magic lesson!"
    ALi2MS8.png
    We practiced until her clown curse wore off. As I was turning to go upstairs I heard her mumble what sounded like a spell. I turned, "Did you say someth..." I was interrupted by a wave of sadness and clown makeup.
    d70mPBy.png
    "Yes!" Kaori laughed gleefully, "It worked! Thanks Adam!"
    EntF4yB.png
    A tear fell from my face, "Don't mention it," I said wiping the tear away. "Ever." She laughed again and gave me a hug.
    gnE0P0W.png
    When she pulled away I felt the curse lift. She smiled, "That's the cure," she whispered, "A hug from the spell caster." We sat down to chat and soon Carol came down to join us. "Guess what?" she asked excitedly, "I got an A on my test today!"
    kcgHHlh.png
    Kaori clapped, "That's awesome sweetie!" she said pulling her into a hug, "I'm so proud of you!" Carol came running up to me and asked if I'd help her with her homework that night. While we got to work, Kaori made a plate of food and watched me struggle with basic math.
    bxt9C6F.png
    "Maybe Carol can tutor you if you ask her nicely," she giggled when I had to ask Carol how to do something for the fifth time. We finally finished and I needed to relax, so I called together a yoga class and invited Kaori and Carol to join me.
    OP4yXl2.png
    The class went beautifully, and Carol excitedly told me that she really loved yoga and asked if we could do it again later.
    5soIYeO.png
    "Any time you want kiddo!" I said giving her a high five. Kaori than told Carol it was her bedtime and they left together. I myself was feeling quite sleepy, so I returned home and fell into bed.

(The spell is a mod, for those who were curious.)
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 26: "Anything is possible, if only you believe..."

p0gGf3n.png

Notes
    hHLFKnJ.png
    I watched James Turner do the Too Many Toddlers Scenario and he gave some great tips on how to quickly increase the toddler skills. One of them was for the Imagination skill. It goes up insanely fast when toddlers play in the tent! Joe hasn't played in that yet, so I thought I'd give it a try. So cute watching him make believe in there.

r24Iqpn.png
    He looks like he's contemplating exploring the jungle or something with that toucan behind him eh? Adorable!

ROz5vRh.png
    He wore himself out playing in there, so he curled up and went to sleep. Aww, so dang cute! Love this little guy! <3

L83AYq1.png
    Meanwhile, Cale still needs to increase his Logic for the Nerd Brain aspiration. He and Sandy have been playing a lot. She tried cheating again, but doesn't look as confident about it this time. Of course, Cale fell for it again. Silly boy...or is just playing along with her. ;)

a9l4Ju6.png
    Oh, well maybe she is confident she'll win now. Look at that smug face.

ZRuafvl.png
    Didn't work though, again. Cale beat her without any problem. Although he's only Level 5 at the moment, she's just Level 2.

HX7dZJl.png
    Cale wanted to show of his ballet moves for Sandy. Nice pose Cale!

fsPYcV5.png
    Just kidding, of course! He was getting ready to cast a transportalate spell to take them all to the Realm. Sandy has the day off and their needs are all pretty good. Let's see if it works for Joe to go too.

otb6wMR.png
    Yes! It worked! Cale looks quite pleased with himself. I had to laugh at Morgyn and Simeon cheering for him. Almost looks like they're proud of his accomplishment too! They always meet them at the portal and cheer for him though.

2c7G6kB.png
    Joe is trying to figure out where they are. He looks curious. Anyway, he brought along his Wabbit tablet and sat down right there to draw some shapes. Cale went in search of L. to challenge her to a duel, the entire reason they are here. Sandy had a chat with Simeon and Morgyn.

uEOhuDF.png
    He found her upstairs perusing some shelves for tomes. She agreed to the duel and they walked to the portal to the dueling grounds. I love this bridge, so pretty!

qx8ePPK.png
    Unfortunately, she defeated him, again. *sigh*

UZKBNRO.png
    Cale was not giving up that easily though and challenged her again.

vFGB0v8.png
    Annnd she beat him, again! Gah! I know what's going to happen next...

Ka65fKR.png
    Yup, he got a curse! Guess which one. ;) I was tempted to make him keep it for awhile, but decided against it. Cale used the Decursify spell and discharged himself.

tS05bt6.png
    Will the third time be a charm? I hope so!

FI67YdW.png
    Come on Cale, get her, you can do it!

AWnO8jm.png
    He did it! YES!! Wahoooo! Finally!

9ChP6wM.png
    Cale has now defeated all the Sages! One of my goals for the month for him. L. looks kind of elegant flying in the air I think.

1CP8VG6.png
    wYRyNBL.png
    He's so happy and so am I! Congratulations Cale, you did it! Did he get a wand?

zgARB9L.png
    Nope! Dangit! But he did get the two rarest familiars; the Veild and the Skull! They are the first two on the top shelf.

I was going to have them stick around in the Realm, visit with the Sages and go to Caster's Alley. Perhaps Cale could buy some rare wands there. However, when I checked on Sandy and Joe, they were both burning up! What!? It wasn't hot, so why? I was confused. I thought it was a glitch so I cheated away the moodlet, but it came right back again! o.O

I sent them back home to avoid a catastrophe. Joe would've been fine, but I didn't want Sandy to die from burning up. Once they got home I noticed something. They were both wearing cold weather outfits. It was cold in Glimmerbrook, but warm in the Realm. It was my mistake. D'oh!

Ah well, I think next time I'll just send Cale while Sandy is at work and let Joe go to Daycare. I didn't want to do that, but there's still a lot of artifacts Cale doesn't have yet for his collection of brooms, wands and familiars. He won't collect all of them though, only the regular brooms, crystal and rocket variety and hopefully can get just the rarer wands. We'll see if he can get them before then end of the month. :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 26th post above! Obviously, yesterday's post won't have a story for it. I had planned to do that today, but I didn't get to play until later this evening and still wanted to play for today's post. Ah well, at least all my background preparations are as complete as they can be until April begins. So excited for it, you have NO idea how much! :p I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @afai1261
    Oh no! I hope it isn't what you think it is! :( Hubby and I have both had it, didn't get tested, but we're sure that's what it was. I'm actually still recovering. Please just take care of yourself, don't worry about anything else, your health is much more important! *Hugs*

Love the daily post pic of Aaron on that rocket broom! He looks so happy! YAY! He beat L.! Fantastic! Congrats Aaron! Wow! That last image is epic! I have got to get Cale to fly his now. hehe :)

I'm so glad you love Aster and Cale the same as I do. :) Oh, good idea having Hunter and Aster actually dating before they met Aaron and Cale. Makes sense really. YES! Oh I'm so happy now! You're keeping them together for the rest of challenge! I was hoping that would happen. Ooo, a vampire eh? I bet he'll make a hot one! ;) That makes sense too though, considering your lore for vampires/spellcasters hating each other. Can't wait to see Cale's dark mode in your save now! Have a bit to go before he'll change in mine so it'll be fun to see what you do! Oh and please do post how the game makes him look when he's turned. It's usually something ridiculously hilarious! hehe

It just looked so sweet with all of them lying there sleeping, that pose is so good! Don't worry about finding it, no hurry! Wait until you're 100% again. Oh, I did also get a mod by the way. I think you might have the same one. It allows Sims in a romantic relationship to cuddle together in bed instead of sleeping apart. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited for it. :)

I have no idea where to look for the best poses, so any tips on who are your favorite creators would be very welcome too. But again, NO hurry on that! :) I did manage to find a few romantic poses and a couple I needed for something else, but those were very specific, not general poses that will be used very often, probably just once. Can't say more than that, but anyway...

Holy Simoly! That's a lot of pose packs! o.O I thought the half dozen I have were a lot. hehe Nope, just a noob. Oh, believe me, I was blown away! I sat here and just stared at them for awhile before trying another. Josh and Essa were my testers before I dared trying them with Cale. I still can't believe it worked for that kiss between them. I guess they are just poses though and aren't designated by age or something. I'm sure some are though, they'd have to be. :)

hehe Yeah, Cale poses for me all the time and looks straight at me as if to say, "I know you're watching me, here, I'll smile for you." Just my imagination of course, purely coincidental, but it's fun to imagine! ;)

@permanentrose
    Oh man! I find it pretty cool that you, afai and I all had our Sims duel with L. in our latest updates! hehe Poor Robin though! So glad she didn't die! o.O Thank goodness she knows the Scrubaroo spell now. I wish that spell worked on pets too! And toddlers! *sigh* Oh well...

Hey! Go Cale, very cool he beat Bianca. Um, yeah, no hard feelings on her part I see. hehe Ah, YA now, that's cool. So nice there's a handy, dandy convenient bed in HQ eh? lilsimsie thought of everything. hehe Ohhh, glad you got the risky woohoo figured out. L.! HAHA! She's hilarious waving at them like they're going to uh, stop and wave back or something! I literally laughed out loud when I saw that screenshot. :D

AND the last one too! OMG! So funny Cale got eaten by that beast when he was flirty! :D I hope he wasn't flirting with that beast and it took offense is why he got eaten by it! :D Of course I know that's not why, but would be funny! He probably was just hungry from expending so much energy with some lovely lady, went outside and "Oh! Cake! Yum!" hehehe Fun update! :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh boy, Jade thinks this is all her fault because she was the leader of the Starlights and what happened with Luna and Veronica. I wish she had told them all right from the beginning, but it doesn't matter. That's not why she's trying to break up the Chain Breakers, she wants Dylan. o.O So sweet of DJ to offer to quit if Morgan comes back so she can have his place. I have a theory about what Robin is going to do. I'm guessing she's going to talk with Morgan. Oh! I had no idea Dylan wears glasses! Or did the game just give him those for his sleep outfit? It does that sometimes. I have no idea why the Devs did that. I guess maybe they thought it was a funny. hehe I'm wondering too what Dylan will think once he finds out the Veronica he met really IS one and the same. We shall see how it all shakes out soon. Great update! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top