Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Virtual Group Hug!

:joy: Right?! That was a lot of emotion for the off-topic games section, but so cool to read that I agree such a cool question and chance to reflect on some childhood memories. Virtual hug back to you. :heart:

Do you mean something in other people that is rare? I really like poetry so I always instantly like people who read or write poetry. I don't think too many people read poetry or write poetry so I guess that is uncommon.

Interesting question not sure I understood and answered it correctly but same question to the next person.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Honesty, loyalty, and respect. I'd much rather someone tell me they don't like me rather than pretend they do. I believe you don’t do anyone any favors by lying to them.

I don't care what your beliefs are or anything else, if you're honest and loyal to me, we can be friends. We may not always agree with each other on certain topics but I'll respect your opinions if you respect mine. That's all that matters to me.

I don't think that's that uncommon these days but there are still some people who are like that.

That's a pretty thought-provoking question, same question.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I love openminded people. It feels so rare in world where everyone seems to want to force everyone else to fit their narrow definition of what it and isn't acceptable. The truth of who I am has put me and others like me on a path where it often feels like everyone wants us to not even exist. I'm getting tired so this is a bit of a rambling answer.

As @SweetieWright_84 and @Elliandre said, this is a really deep question and I'll keep this question going because I think we've only scratched the surface of it.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited March 2022
    What was your childhood like?
    I think I can answer this question from an uncommon angle.
    I grew up in a new money family and both my parents work. I was always considered as precocious, many of people think I'm above average IQ. My parents are very avant-garde for the late 90s/early millennium, my dad taught me play the what was considered as violent games when I was in preschool, my mom taught me sex education when I was just in elementary school (I think they do it largely because I was precocious)
    When I was a child, I was not the only one who always felt that I was more mature than my peers, and I was isolated by some classmates because I was different from others, but it doesn't affect me much (probably because I'm an independent type). My parents taught me to read and understand certain things very early on, so I knew a lot more than my peers at the time. I heard from my parents that when I was reading a book when I was very young, someone thought I was pretending and turn the book upside down on purpose, then I reverted it right. I also haven't many child and/or teen issues.
    Now I'm still considered as above average IQ, but I'm just a normal people being. I don't think I'm more mature than my peers now, or at a certain age, maturity is largely determined by socialization, my socialization possibly lower than many peers. Now I live with my parents and they rarely manage me.

What do you like in other people, that you think is an uncommon thing to life?
    My contact with most people is superficial, so I don't know what's uncommon. Then I say forgiving (I don't know if this is uncommon), because I'm very aware of the impact of lack of forgiving on someone and people around someone, and I thought at that time that I must never be such a person (though someone also said this to me, but even if there is no one I would not be like that).
    This really gives me some good evaluations, and it is neither psychologically stressful nor affecting the people around me. For people who are considered "unforgivable", even if I attacked them with bioweapons in my mouth again and again (I'm an accepted silver-tongued and witty person), I'll just treat them like normal people if I ever meet them.

Same question
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    Validation would be the first thing, I'm aroace and non-binary so I have enough people already in my life who invalidate that, don't need any more o:). After that, it tends to be quite easy since I have a lot of varying interests and so can hold conversations on at least one topic with most people. The downside to that, though, is that I don't really have many friends since most people (especially if they're neurotypical) don't have such varied interests. With that, the second thing would be people who, like me, don't 'fit a mould' as I tend to find it easy to just be myself and speak naturally with them.

Let's keep the discussion going, same question
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member

Virtual Group Hug!

What do you like in other people, that you think is an uncommon thing to life?

Virtual group hug back! 🙂

Regarding the question, imagination, thoughtfulness and a silly sense of humour. I too like open-minded people who can imagine things from other people's perspective.
    Would also agree with the above comments of loyalty, honesty and respecting people for who they are (instead of trying to make others fit the same mold as oneself). I admire people who are not afraid to be themselves and be true to themselves regardless of other people's opinions.

Same question again!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited March 2022
    What is even happening over here? 🤣

I'm assuming it's this question?: What do you like in other people, that you think is an uncommon thing to life?

I don't really understand the question cuz I don't know what an uncommon thing to life qualifies. I'mma just say someone's music taste. 🤷‍♀️

What will you be doing this weekend?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Video editing, going to the football (soccer) and then whatever we're doing for Mother's Day since it's tomorrow in the UK. All I've really done so far is watched the new Olivia Rodrigo documentary on Disney+ I am not sponsored.

Same question
    Cooking meals for the week ahead, laundry, and cleaning. After that, Netflix and Sims.

Same question
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @DeKay it was a typo. I meant to type "an uncommon thing to like" LOL

My weekend as of right now, is when my timer runs down (I can't have anything to eat or drink until a certain time after taking a medication), I might ask my love if he wants to go get some Starbucks with me because he has a rare long weekend and we've decided to use it to do a deep decluttering/spring cleaning and both of us are terrible hedonists who would far rather spend the whole time pampering each other.

So a Starbucks brunch might help us kickstart the day, which I realize is approaching noon already. We did go out last night though, and he's an early riser so it probably wore him out to be up til the ungodly hour of 9:30. It was pretty good except the band was way too loud for how small the space was, so we literally couldn't talk to each other, because it meant leaning over and shouting into each other's ear, that is way too loud for a restaurant. I wish they'd stop trying to pretend it's a rock concert at hole-in-the-wall taverns with The Twangy Brothers putting a country spin on extremely tired old songs from 30 and 40 years ago, and dial it down so that people can actually talk while eating! Rant over.

At least the food was ok. We hadn't gone out together in months so it was needed.

When did you last go out with someone for fun and what did you do?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Last “for fun” activity was in July. My best friend and I had concert tickets held over from 2020 when the concerts got canceled due to COVID. In July, case rates fell enough that it was actually safe to go to a concert with 20,000 other people, so we did a long weekend away and went. A few weeks later, Delta surged and that was that. Other activities have been family time. I’m hoping for some family get away trips this summer.

Same question

2019. I took my mom on what turned out to be her last vacation. We spent a week in the French Quarter, trying all the incredible food and listening to live jazz. There is a place called Cafe Beignet, they have 3 spots in the Quarter, but the one on the west end of Bourbon St has outdoor seating and live jazz. We sat out in the mornings having beignets and coffee and just soaking up the music and warm sunny weather.

I'll put a spin on this same question, What plans are you making/have made with friends and family since we are getting back to something like normal?
    People are throwing away the masks aren't they? I am really excited about the new change in my city this week and also the weather. I want to be online less and outside more. I have plans to hit the bookstore with my brother this week, tomorrow go out for dinner with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while and miss her a lot. And I made plans to go see the new Batman movie which I am really looking forward to. I don't really do anything exciting. I just go out for coffee/tea, dinner, bookstore browsing, movies, OR home dinners and watch a movie on netflix with friends, then chat over coffee/tea about the movie and books we are reading lol, and life in general. I want to do that more often now, but I can only do the second at my other friend's houses since my own living room/kitchen is shared with too many people now that I gave up my apartment to move in with family. This morning I was going to do chores, but a friend wanted to go out for bubble tea and to buy a blender, so I chose bubble tea with blender shopping over cleaning and bought a new blender for myself too. I don't think we will ever go back to normal though. I think we are a changed society. I think people will continue to wear masks when they have a cold or need to go out for medical appointments etc.

Fun question, same to the next person.
    DeKay it was a typo. I meant to type "an uncommon thing to like" LOL

Oh, yeah, I was wonder if you meant that cuz that would have made more sense. 😂 😂 I guess my answer stating music taste is still kinda relevant.

I don't have any plans really. In fact, it's gonna feel worse cuz my mom is so paranoid about it still and probably won't let me go out much. So while everyone is having a fun time outside, I'd be locked inside. Woo, how fun. 🙄

I'm so tired of her getting paranoid about this kinda stuff. She knows I don't ever get sick from catching any airborne diseases from anyone so I don't know what the big deal is. I don't think I've gotten flu from anyone before. One time, my uni team mate has TB and she was coughing the thing in my face for four months and I was fine. I can even recall all the times I was sick and they were all cuz I ate something I shouldn't or walked in the rain. 😂

But there's nothing I can do cuz mom's mom, I guess.

Anyways.... Next question. XD

What is your fav story trope/plot?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Depends on the genre. In general stories, I like “talented but troubled kid gets their big break” tales. In sci-fi, I’m partial to AI or non-humanoid aliens. In fantasy, I go for The Chosen One tropes or fantastic worlds. In fact, my game moved from a Chosen One story with Morgyn to a fantastical world story with The Myst as his story resolved. As a result, I went from playing a couple of households to rotational play to build The Myst.

Related, what’s your favorite literary genre?
    I'm not really into literature, so can't name one.

Do you own an iPad?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    No. I just don't trust Apple as a company at all.

Are you binge-watching any shows at the minute?
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    No

Have you ever had any "weird but reasonable" names for your sims? (First and last names are normal but they can be weird-looking together, e.g. Gore Grieve)
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    When I play scenarios, I tend to just randomise the names and the other day I got Precious Durham

New-signs-to-mark-historic-boundary-between-the-North-Riding-and-County-Durham.jpg

Not sure what their residents will think of that.

What was the last game other than The Sims you played?
    DOOM. And it's not even like the latest one. It's like the original one and DOOM 2. I guess I'm just not a gamer. LOL.

Do you 'game' even less than me?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Nope. I tend to play games a lot, but I wouldn't be classed as a 'hardcore' type gamer because I don't really play competitive games, asides from Fifa, Rocket League and some minigames on Minecraft servers.

Do you live near any landmarks?
    Not really. The closest that most people would recognize is the WW1 museum, part of the Liberty Memorial in Kansas City. That's over an hour away from me.

Do you live in a large metropolitan area, a small city, or a rural area?
    A city

What are your favourite pizza toppings?
    Italian sausage, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

What is your favorite ethnic food type? Japanese, Indian, etc
    Italian. Love me some pasta.

Who was your childhood hero?