Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the gameplay kit packs?

justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
So many CAS kit packs but only one with gameplay.

Bring cemeteries as kit or a CAS ghost, something that refreshes the game.

I might atop buying kits until they release more gameplay centered ones.

What do you all think?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think the CAS and BB kits are just easier to make.

Also Busted Dust had to be fixed. It probably means gameplay kits are in the works (there must be ideas) but need a lot of reviewing before implementation.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    but that’s no excuse for going radio silent regarding gameplay kit packs.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I could be wrong, but I think that Kits were created as "something to do while waiting for other team members of the main pack you're working on to get back to you" But for business reasons, they can't actually admit that.

If I'm right, then the reason we haven't gotten any gameplay kits is because all the people who actually work on Gameplay are, well, working, while the artists and modelers are churning out kits so that they're not sitting around twiddling their thumbs.
  • aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    I thought maybe it was because of the bad launch of Bust the Dust. I love Bust the Dust and it's working really well for me. But I never really played with it right after release.

Gameplay kits are such a good way to release things like vacuums, because what other pack would they fit in?

I remember a long time ago reading about a blender that was cut from Cool Kitchen and I'd love to see that in a gameplay kit with maybe some other small kitchen appliances like a toaster or the deep fryer we had in Sims 3.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    When kits were first announced, they sounded promising with the possibility of gameplay kits. I would like some more gameplay kits.

I think bb and cas kits are just easier and cheaper to create. Bust the dust proved that gameplay, even in small kits needs to be well thought through and playtested.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    While more gameplay kits would be fun, I am loving the CAS and BB kits! Keep 'em coming, I say!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2022
    They have almost released 11 kits since they were announced (which are way too many imo).

If their plan was to make so many kits in a year, then maybe they made the decision that it would not be possible to make gameplay kits with the people that they had available.

I hope the reason is because their engineers and programmers are working on the sims 5.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Bust the Dust was a bust and I think the team likely took it as a sign that they wouldn't be well received or wanted. Just my speculation of course.

But here we are...1 kit out of 11 are game play oriented.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Don't worry, Mow The Lawn kit will be coming in 2022.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I actually love the idea of a cas ghost kit. It could include historical clothing to make ghost look like they died during previous time frames...
  • aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    I'd take a hard pass on mowing the lawn. :#
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Ew, I hope not.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    aparkison wrote: »
    I'd take a hard pass on mowing the lawn. :#

Same here. I didn't buy Bust the Dust because I'd rather have my sims writing or painting than cleaning if they're going to do something not particularly interesting to watch. And the vacuum cleaner sound hurts my ears (I make my hubby vacuum irl and hide in a different room.)

But I honestly do hope that every chore people want in the game comes in a future Gameplay kit (or even multiple in one kit) Because then I don't have to get them. :wink:
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I bet they are kicking themselves that they put sinks in the base game. They could have made so much money from a Wash the Dishes kit.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I think bb and cas kits are just easier and cheaper to create. Bust the dust proved that gameplay, even in small kits needs to be well thought through and playtested.

I agree with the above. I think the devs have simply decided gameplay kits are not worth the time and effort needed to make sure that they run properly.

I'm personally not a fan of kits anyway. I would much rather see stuff packs return.
    Sad to hear all of this. Kits where supossed to be small stuff that could inprove the game, even cars could be a kit. But now kits are mostly niche clothing that actually doesnt inpact so mich the gameplay.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I bet they are kicking themselves that they put sinks in the base game. They could have made so much money from a Wash the Dishes kit.
    My first clogged sink?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

😂

I can imagine the advert. Plates everywhere, Sims getting sad or angry with their environment. Then a flash of light and a sink appears. Now your Sims can wash their dishes!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Thank you Thank you like since this entire kit pack started we only had one gameplay kit and that's when it started like come on. I would like a workout with dumbbells and an excersise bike, excersise ball, jump rope.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited March 2022

I actually wouldn't mind that. At least it's some gameplay.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member

😂

I can imagine the advert. Plates everywhere, Sims getting sad or angry with their environment. Then a flash of light and a sink appears. Now your Sims can wash their dishes!

for the low price of 7 euros, your sims can go wash the dishes in the bathroom sink and get an inspired moodlet out of it!
    In my opinion , if they don’t resume releasing gameplay kit packs, they could be falling under the “false advertisement” category.

Just because gameplay is more difficult to make it doesn’t mean we are stuck with the easiest cheapest way to get our money (CAS kit packs).

There I said it.