Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I didn't realise dogs could swim in the ocean in Sulani!

nfIZTLd.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I didn’t know that there was a smart speaker in the game! I’m going to have to hunt it down and use it in one of my households…

Yup and the smart speaker can even auto order a maid for you if it notices your sim hasn't been cleaning a lot. :3
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Hey wonder why your sims unnecessarily grabbing drinks or water often?

Apparently there's a hidden 'thirst' buff. Makes me wonder if it was originally planned to be a need. Same with hand washing when they get this need to wash their hands that probably seems so random. :3
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    New thing learned today. Two-fisted drinking is a thing in Sims 4. I had never thought to try having a sim grab a second drink while one was already in hand....but it works, and they do drink them both.

46f8524954edc46e1fe848b0bb89ca7abdd9b2fd.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    New thing learned today. Two-fisted drinking is a thing in Sims 4. I had never thought to try having a sim grab a second drink while one was already in hand....but it works, and they do drink them both.

46f8524954edc46e1fe848b0bb89ca7abdd9b2fd.jpg

This is a fantastic way to have a bladder failure quickly.

I have used this method to have it happen faster. ;)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Found this out by accident. A Sim can "Take Photo" while sitting down. Gives a lower angle for the photos.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I've had Snowy Escape for over a year now, spent a lot of time in Mount Komorebi because it's one of my favourite worlds, yet I did not know until today that there's actually two different-looking types of spirits you can encounter in the woods. One is a group of translucent floating paper tissues that come in various recolours, the other is called "Kodama" and looks like this:

kodama-begegnung011ajw6.jpg
    kodama-begegnung022ek2u.jpg

Granted, the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration does tell you to look for "a kodama or forest spirit", but I always assumed those were two names for the same thing (more precisely, that "kodama" was the Japanese word for "forest spirit"), especially because I kept running into the same one. Today's encounter was sheer coincidence, but very enlightening.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know that if you leave your lot and call a sim for a date you can have that date in your home. It works great for those serial romantics. Nobody can see them kissing a sim. So they won't get caught by another girl or boy friend. It makes it so much easier to complete that Aspiration. And its like any other date you have things to do.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2022
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Did you know that if you leave your lot and call a sim for a date you can have that date in your home. It works great for those serial romantics. Nobody can see them kissing a sim. So they won't get caught by another girl or boy friend. It makes it so much easier to complete that Aspiration. And its like any other date you have things to do.

You don't even have to leave the lot first. You can select your home (or theirs) as the destination without leaving it.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You don't even have to leave the lot first. You can select your home (or theirs) as the destination without leaving it.

I've tried that and it wouldn't let me choose it because I was already there. Thats why I tried other ways. But when I went on a date somewhere a sim he was dating would always show up and they would get so mad. This way it's completely private, I finished the aspiration in no time.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I've tried that and it wouldn't let me choose it because I was already there. That's why I tried other ways. But when I went on a date somewhere a sim he was dating would always show up and they would get so mad. This way it's completely private, I finished the aspiration in no time.

Actually, I have done that often. Have the sims on the home lot of the played sim, sometimes both live in the same household, sometimes not. As long as the active played sim is on his/her home lot, just go on a date right there. They don't even change what they were doing prior to the 'dating' event. If there is anyone else on in that lot, they stay there too.

Often useful to get a couple through 'dates' quickly for aspirations. :)

P.S. Thanks for posting this as something you didn't know. Helpful.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    I just learned Bonehilda is Temperance's sister and Guidry fell in love with her and dumped Temperance for her.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Mkins wrote: »
    I just learned Bonehilda is Temperance's sister and Guidry fell in love with her and dumped Temperance for her.

Wait, what?!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Mkins wrote: »

Wait, what?!

It's written by Guidry in a message in a bottle in Wedding Stories. He said he fell for Temperance's "calcium-rich" sister. Guess that's why they are so flirty when they appear and Temperance is angry.
    I was wondering if having the baby was tied to when she got pregnant. So, I wrote down the time she tried for baby, and it was. She tried at 10pm, 24 hours later trimester 2 and 24 hours later trimester 3 and 24 hours (10 pm ) she had the baby. It was the same three out of three times so far.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited April 2022
    One of the great things about Paranormal stuff pack is that if you want an elder to die by old age on long lifespan, you can shorten the wait by having them give their soul to a specters.
    I was wondering if having the baby was tied to when she got pregnant. So, I wrote down the time she tried for baby, and it was. She tried at 10pm, 24 hours later trimester 2 and 24 hours later trimester 3 and 24 hours (10 pm ) she had the baby. It was the same three out of three times so far.

The pregnancy lasts 3 to 4 days depending on when you do the pregnancy test. If you have your sim do the pregnancy test, the first trimester begins and 24 hours starts ticking from there. If you don't have your sim do a pregnancy test, then they may discover they're pregnant after 24 hours.
    So in short, pregnancy test shortens the pregnancy. Without it, it lasts 4 days (96 hours) but with it you can have it last for 3 days (about over 72 hours).
    So yes, if your sim tries for baby at 8:00 AM Monday and doesn't do a pregnancy test, they'll give birth on 8:00 AM Friday (if my math is correct).
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    I learnt today that toddlers can play tag with the waves in the ocean! It's so cute! It doesn't seem to be an activity you can choose for them to do, but my toddler started doing it autonomously after "playing in open water".
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • FruFralerFruFraler Posts: 28 Member
    TIL pets can catch fire. Gladly, I don't know if there are consequences as my sim quickly put the fire out. :)

https://imgur.com/CPjK1Iw
    https://imgur.com/aEs9oRH
    https://imgur.com/doUpzcv
    094iEYuhMlk.jpg
    My household has a Servo, and it has the Techie lifestyle. It has a permanent +3 Inspired moodlet because of the lifestyle, which is pretty useful if you want your Servo to build creative skills!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @Lucy_Henley That is pretty awesome. Good thing there is no Inspired emotional death :)

gen3-banner.png

I didn't know that if you (a household) hires a butler, then that butler is attached to that household. Another household that wants a butler gets a different person as a butler.

Pretty cool actually. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    Today I learnt that the "Spice Hound" trait from City Living (i.e. tolerance to spicy food your Sim gets after eating a bunch of them) can be passed down to a Sim's child! Saw it on my toddler and thought that's super cute!
    @Lucy_Henley That is pretty awesome. Good thing there is no Inspired emotional death :)

That would be funny! Dumb, but funny!
    "Jim O'Connel died of being over-inspired." :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member

You're not kidding. I had a sim hit +24 inspired once. I had a lot of mods and custom traits installed at the time in order to get that high. I think that would be a 'I'm feeling so creative I think I might explode' death. All you'd see is a tiny baby blue mushroom cloud when they died.
    The only thing is that the Servo in question has the painting aspiration (having already completed a wellness one that came when he was created). It’s a little difficult to have him find different emotions to complete the “three emotional paintings” goal. I did get him focused enough to complete a mathematical diagram, but other emotions will be tricky. I might remove the Techie lifestyle temporarily and then cheat it back once he’s completed the emotional paintings goal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top