Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! I need a quick tip! Sim dying!

So, my sim is dying of laughter. I paused it immediately. But, there are no options to "Calm Down," either for herself, another sim, or on the mirror. I cannot exit either. What do I do? Would letting it happen and THEN exiting without saving work?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    There should be an option on that mirror for calm down. Maybe try a different mirror (buy another type if you have to)?

You could try getting your sim to quickly go to sleep or take a nap. Moods disappear while a sim is asleep, and hopefully some of the playful or happy moodlets that are stacking it up to the danger level will wear off before they wake up.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Exiting without saving may be your only option since she’s already dying. Maybe testingcheats and shift-click reset sim could work?
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited March 2022
    They must've changed something, because she has NO interactions at all. Oh, and I can't save, even if I wanted to. They're greyed out. For all intents, I see no way to avoid this. I hope it doesn't auto-save this way. Maybe a Task Manager termination is in order?

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    edited March 2022
    Oh, right...you can't do the interactions once the sim is actually in the process of dieing. It's too late. You needed to do the calm down before death started.

Try pushing Alt-F4 which exits the game. The game sometimes prompts me to save when I push that even though I couldn't save manually.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Try to fight with the other Sim, maybe they will slap your Sim and instantly turn your Sim angry instead
    Ok. I got it resolved. The trick is to just exit. It'll say it can't save, which is what I wanted anyway. Reloaded to last save. Lost about a day in game, but that's okay.

Oh nm sounds like she’s already dying, try to exit after without saving
    Oh good she survived!!! Next time she should try to be more serious ... read the encyclopedia on the computer, watch the news channel, drink strong black oolong tea ... having a sense of humour or being playful is so dangerous in this game, some jokes, a prank or two, too many bubbles in the bath, an afternoon of laser tag with a cat, and then that’s it, only Death is laughing and having fun :wink:
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I instantly save my game when my sims get very playful because mine like to die of hysteria. This way the save point is there if needed (I always edit without saving if I want them to survive) but I get them to a mirror to calm down pronto. It's like their favorite way to die for me.
    Yeah, I already save often, but I've stepped it up. Also, I turned off all the object "Auras" I could find, and that seemed to help too. They were all on. And I'm keeping an eye out for the attribute "Very [X]" instead of just [X]. The problem with this sim was that she was downstairs and I didn't notice. lol

They really should take another look at this mechanic. I mean, dying by electrocution because they attempted fixing an electronic device at an early level is somewhat expected. But this? Sims should be able to die, sure, but make it reasonable for crying out loud.

edited March 2022
    When the game first came out, it was actually a bit of a challenge to intentionally kill a sim with emotion. But a TON of packs have added ways to stack up happiness, which amplifies the emotions. At this point, a decorated house which does laundry and has a few other happiness boosts is almost a gauranteed death sentence if you have a toddler in the household.

I've disabled playful deaths because of this.
    I never understood why they get a playful buff from the fresh laundry. I always thought a happy or confidence buff would make more sense.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I never understood why they get a playful buff from the fresh laundry. I always thought a happy or confidence buff would make more sense.

Yep, I agree with you there. That is one of like 3 or 4 moodlets which make no sense to me.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

Yep, I agree with you there. That is one of like 3 or 4 moodlets which make no sense to me.

I'm curious, what are the other ones?
    edited March 2022
    @Elliandre,

The moodlet for gift giving for starters, the person giving the gift gets the moodlet, either positive or negative, depending on how the receiver liked it and the receiver gets no moodlet at all. Imo, the person getting it should get either the positive or negative moodlet and the person giving it should get a positive one regardless of how the receiver felt.

The moodlet for a clean home. It's "Fine" and then "focused" at super clean. A clean home should just make a sim happy, imo. (Unless they have the slob trait, then it should make them Uncomfortable).

The moodlet for being super low on energy is "uncomfortable". ....when you're that tired, you stop having much feeling at all, imo. Dazed makes more sense to me. Unless it's a child/toddler sim, then angry. And I think that's what it is already for them.

And, the last one I can think of is the moodlet from stargazing. It gives "focused" but I think it should give "inspired".
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited March 2022
    yeah if sim is already dying there is nothing to do with that sim in that moment you have to do it before they are actually dying

for future you could have another sim in the household try to beg grim reaper to spare the sim he is good guy and often spares sims

or if that doesn't work
    then find way to resurrect sim
    (ambrosia or otherwise im actually not so sure myself of the multiple ways its been very long time since i had accidental death instead of caused one :lol: )

but for that you'll need to get ghost in your household as soon as they appear as ghost because game is very quick to cull any lonely ghosties

or then yeah you could just exit household without saving and lose whatever you did after the last save point

also if you can't figure what sim could do to get rid of moodlet causing death fast enough its always good idea to tuck them in bed for sleep because that puts on the sleep moodlet that makes others secondary to it then while sim sleeps you can find thingies you are supposed to click to help lower the moodlet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Elliandre,

The moodlet for gift giving for starters, the person giving the gift gets the moodlet, either positive or negative, depending on how the receiver liked it and the receiver gets no moodlet at all. Imo, the person getting it should get either the positive or negative moodlet and the person giving it should get a positive one regardless of how the receiver felt.

The moodlet for a clean home. It's "Fine" and then "focused" at super clean. A clean home should just make a sim happy, imo. (Unless they have the slob trait, then it should make them Uncomfortable).

The moodlet for being super low on energy is "uncomfortable". ....when you're that tired, you stop having much feeling at all, imo. Dazed makes more sense to me. Unless it's a child/toddler sim, then angry. And I think that's what it is already for them.

And, the last one I can think of is the moodlet from stargazing. It gives "focused" but I think it should give "inspired".

Yes, I agree with all this 100%. I like the focused mood from stargazing, but actually that is probably my favourite mood in the game, but inspired would be nice. It would be nice to have double moodlets for some things, like those Happy-Sad moments, but maybe it would be too hard to show mixed emotions in the game