Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new logo for maxis

GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
edited July 2023 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
i need replace old maxis with new one
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Hm who knows. Companies rebrand all the time because ig with time the logo can look outdated I guess. It could also mean they are going to release a new game soon or there is some changes happening in the company.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I have not noticed at all that they have changed it.

After reading the article and looking at the logo, it does feel like they are expanding. But we haven't really felt it here, they have released mostly kits for The Sims4.

Hopefully they are happy working again in their studios as they showed in the promotional video in the article.

I wonder if we might know more about their next game soon.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    I don't understand it. Why all the colors and the little icon that looks like a strange light bulb, with part of the NBC bird feathers in the middle. I had to say it that way because the filter used to censor the type of bird with all the pretty feathers. I just don't understand the logo nor all the colors. Do they mean as a company this is the logo, or do they mean as a gaming company this is the type of games they build. It's like changing The Sims logos from seeing all the type of Sims on the front of a box into just colors and some weird logo light bulb. Maybe I'm out of touch because I don't get it.

Maybe it's an inside thing and the average person won't get the meaning. And the word maxis reminds me of the script or font used in The Jetsons' cartoon show.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2022
    the new logo is not vibing

looks like kids charity organization logos
    which i also find disturbingly eerie for absolutely no logical reason
    well besides watching too many shows where happy wholesome places are false fronts of criminal organizations and human test labs
    *xfiles theme*

yeah thats probably it.

+I liked the old one cause planet sixam reference
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    I wonder if this could mean a new game is coming? Doesn't really make that much sense when TS4 is their only current PC title, along with the mobile spinoffs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    This is their third rebranding since 1992. I quite like it. It's a lightbulb.

wYf3JlZ.png

Lightbulbs in a logo are usually symbols of innovation, intelligence, creativity and problem solving.

1- Innovation
    The light bulb is a popular symbol of innovation. As a motif, it’s used to represent the origination
    of a brilliant idea, a sudden insight or flash of understanding of how to achieve something,
    usually in a new or different way.

It’s commonly used in popular culture, from cartoons to movies as a physical representation of a
    new idea. For example, when a character from a cartoon comes up with a plan, a light bulb appears
    above its head to represent this idea.

2- Intelligence
    Light bulbs are a symbol of intelligence. Light, in general, is associated with intelligence, wisdom,
    awareness, and the known, meanings which transfer to the light bulb as well. By switching on a
    light bulb, the dark becomes light, representing ignorance being dissipated by knowledge.

3- Creativity & Problem Solving
    Light bulbs are commonly regarded as symbols of creativity and problem solving. They represent
    a Eureka moment, signifying a sudden burst of inspiration.

https://symbolsage.com/light-bulb-symbolism-meaning/

And another article that might shed some light on the rebranding experience.

Rebranding: Why is it important?

Branding is critical to business. It is your identity, sets you apart from the competition
    and presents a memorable impression. This recognition increases company value, provides
    insight, sets expectations, and makes acquiring new customers easier.

Over time, a brand can become dated. That’s when rebranding has to be considered.
    Even big brands like Coca-Cola, Target, Dunkin’ Donuts and Disney know this. Apple
    has rebranded three times. Starbucks? Four. And Pepsi has rebranded 11 times.

https://tedigitalmarketing.com/branding/rebranding-why-is-it-important/?cn-reloaded=1
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2022

wYf3JlZ.png

Mmmh yes. I preferred that 1992-2012 one

the one before that looks like soft drink its fun but bit too fun

2012-2022 feels backwards and slightly wrong in annoying way like alternate reality where things are slightly altered but still acceptable i can understand its more balanced and modern this way i guess

the new one just looks like... too flat and cheery kinda generic maybe I'll get used to it if i pretend its a hot air balloon instead of lightbulb

maybe its actually cause it looks like phone app icon with this less wide arrangement and shape
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited March 2022
    A lot of new company logos go for minimalism, often removing their letters, which I often don't like, so I like that Maxis did not go this route. All the letters are still there.

I wonder if there will be an animation where those colored shapes will change into the light bulb.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022

wYf3JlZ.png

Lightbulbs in a logo are usually symbols of innovation, intelligence, creativity and problem solving.

1- Innovation
    The light bulb is a popular symbol of innovation. As a motif, it’s used to represent the origination
    of a brilliant idea, a sudden insight or flash of understanding of how to achieve something,
    usually in a new or different way.

It’s commonly used in popular culture, from cartoons to movies as a physical representation of a
    new idea. For example, when a character from a cartoon comes up with a plan, a light bulb appears
    above its head to represent this idea.

2- Intelligence
    Light bulbs are a symbol of intelligence. Light, in general, is associated with intelligence, wisdom,
    awareness, and the known, meanings which transfer to the light bulb as well. By switching on a
    light bulb, the dark becomes light, representing ignorance being dissipated by knowledge.

3- Creativity & Problem Solving
    Light bulbs are commonly regarded as symbols of creativity and problem solving. They represent
    a Eureka moment, signifying a sudden burst of inspiration.

https://symbolsage.com/light-bulb-symbolism-meaning/

And another article that might shed some light on the rebranding experience.

Rebranding: Why is it important?

Branding is critical to business. It is your identity, sets you apart from the competition
    and presents a memorable impression. This recognition increases company value, provides
    insight, sets expectations, and makes acquiring new customers easier.

Over time, a brand can become dated. That’s when rebranding has to be considered.
    Even big brands like Coca-Cola, Target, Dunkin’ Donuts and Disney know this. Apple
    has rebranded three times. Starbucks? Four. And Pepsi has rebranded 11 times.

https://tedigitalmarketing.com/branding/rebranding-why-is-it-important/?cn-reloaded=1

I think most of us understand what a lightbulb insignia means, Eureka! lol. However, if they are trying to say they are very innovative and solve problems what did the moon and crescent moon symbols mean? Yes, big companies rebrand, however, it hasn't been so profitable to Coca_Cola nor Pepsi lately.

Symbols represent trust of a company, too. I think the second one is probably my favorite. The new one does look like a cartoon symbol from the '60's to me (funny how our memories play a part in what we take away from an icon) and possibly phone app icons.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited March 2022
    It's also weird that this has not been mentioned at all when it comes to the sims, no update on twitter, no update on the forums, still the same old logo on the site, nothing.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    @Cinebar I was just responding to your first comment in your first post, 'I don't understand it.' Guess I took it too literally. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it changed if not for a tweet on Twitter. 😄
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Whatever.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    It's like one of those inkblots. Am I the only one that sees bunny ears? Does this mean I'm crazy?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think the filaments inside the bulb look a bit like a firefly. I quite like it. I also like that that mostly kept the same colours.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It's also weird that this has not been mentioned at all when it comes to the sims, no update on twitter, no update on the forums, still the same old logo on the site, nothing.

Maybe they are due to announcing something 🤔
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It’s ugly.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited April 2022
    Finally we met Catharina Mallet. "Nice to meet you !"

(Note : now Lyndsay become VP Creative, she was Executive Producer and GM of The Sims franchise)

https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/maxis/
    maxis-10.png
    Catharina Mallet
    VP & GM, Maxis and The Sims

“We know that in order to create authentic experiences for our players, we need a team that represents the broad range of what life really looks like. We embrace remote development and have team members across the US and Europe.”

maxis-logo-footer-1.svg

It seems Maxis and EA Mobile are no longer together.

SimCity BuildIt, The Sims FreePlay and The Sims Mobile are excluded from the portfolio.
    edited April 2022
    I wonder why they changed it...

Because Maxis is a phoenix.

Maxis logo disappeared with The Sims 2, EA tried to replace it by EA Games and later EA Play.
    The Sims Studio became Maxis after SimCity (2013) was released.

Maxis was in troubles because of SimCity (2013) and The Sims 4, EA tried to merge it to EA Mobile.
    But finally The Sims 4 become the 4th most of profitable game after FIFA/Madden Ultimate Team and Apex Legends.

It's the birth of a new Maxis, this time Will Wright's footprint is gone for sure.

A new beginning looking to the future, not the legacy.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Dukemon20Dukemon20 Posts: 38 Member
    I wonder why they changed it...

It's the birth of a new Maxis, this time Will Wright's footprint is gone for sure.

Now I am worried.^^
    Will Wright was one of EAs best creative employees. TS1 had a great humore. TS4 cannot match that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top