Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you done with Diego Lobo?

I feel like a lot of people might hate Diego based on what I've read but Diego Lobo is the one and only pre made I fully adore.

He's been used in every single save I have. He's been married multiple times. Had children. He's oddly been a wonderful father and husband. He's usually maxed in friendship with my sims. They always invite him to holiday get togethers. He tags along on vacations. My sims are constantly interacting with Diego.

Even when he's unruly during an angry phase and causes chaos I can always count on Diego to change the course of my game for better and worse.

Do you interact with him? What's your experience with Mr. Lobo.

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I don't actively play him, but I like having Diego around as a townie in all my games.

In my current save I had a bit of a situation with the family father of one of my main households having flirted with the landlord. That landlord is one flirty sim, who also has affairs with Raj Rasoya and Diego Lobo. So my wife-sim made her an ultimatum: Enter a committed relationship with Diego and keep your hands off my husband, or suffer the consequences! The hook-up interaction was succesful, so Diego is now going steady with the landlord.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited March 2022
    I moved a female sim in with him.
    I might post some pictures later.

Here is Lobo with his roommate or whatever she is Saya Maedo.
    22_03_13.png
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Nothing. Though he recently adopted a dog thanks to new neighborhood stories :). I do feel like I want to keep him around. I never delete premades anyhow but I might not care much for some. Diego is distinctive enough for me to kinda protect him, for possible future endeavors or just to have a colorful individual around.
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member

IF i were to pick a favorite pre-made Sim, Diego Lobo would be close to the top of my list, if not at the top. He is almost always polite and kind to the vendors and less fortunate souls drifting about town. As @wahini2024 said above: "He's been used in every single save I have. He's been married multiple times. Had children. He's oddly been a wonderful father and husband. He's usually maxed in friendship with my sims. They always invite him to holiday get togethers. He tags along on vacations. My sims are constantly interacting with Diego."

In my book, Mr. Lobo is a keeper.

~happy simming~
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't generally "do" anything with him beyond an occasional light makeover, but he's one of the few premades that I usually allow to live in most of my saves for his whole life. Usually.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I don't do anything with him, since I very, very rarely play premades. However, I don't kill off my premades either, I have made over versions in my "start a new save" save, if that makes sense. I didn't even give Diego a makeover for that save, though, he's perfect as is! However, I'm on gen 4 of a legacy and he's long dead. RIP Diego.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Deleted.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I haven't done anything with him, I tend to ignore the premades, and just let them exist in my games.
    I only ever touch them if my Sims marry them, then they get a makeover, and I play them.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The only thing I noticed about him besides that he's a hothead, is that he looks so much like Wolfgang Munch that Wolfgang could be his son, but in my mind, Diego Lobo has to be gay, so that seems unlikely, so I tend to imagine Lobo as Wolfgang's typical "gay uncle". We've never seen Wolfgang's father, so he could have been Lobo's brother, and Diego Lobo could be a professional name that he took, because Herr "Something-German" Munch didn't have the right zing.

This makes me wish I could fix my Sims4 game, just to play that out. Wolfgang goes to live with his rich gay uncle who has power in the arts world, in hopes of turning his pathos and creativity into an illustrious art career. I mean what could be better? Uncle Lobo being a hothead, I could see him and Wolfgang getting into it regularly and him threatening to throw Wolfgang out, lots of impassioned sulking and Wolfgang being a pain in the neck and having emotional outbursts that Lobo will not tolerate, so that Wolfgang has to learn to control himself or he will NEVER succeed in art, not if he alienates his connected uncle enough.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I once killed him in a mass culling I did. Burned right up.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I hooked Diego up with Izzy Fabulous and had them both become drag queens. That save unfortunately is long gone. Wouldn't be too difficult to recreate though.🤣🤔
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    I changed his name to Daisy ! He was cute as a girl ...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    I hooked Diego up with Izzy Fabulous and had them both become drag queens. That save unfortunately is long gone. Wouldn't be too difficult to recreate though.🤣🤔

I did that once, too! Except I decided that Izzy was actually a gay transman, and neither of them did drag. They lived in a cute micro eco home, and had a cat. I had forgotten about it til I read your post :)
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @LMLS2143
    I hook them up regularly and they are always extremely happy together.

I often give him a makeover both clothes and hair. He is the premade with the most saves in my library because I make him different every

Everyone seems to match well with him despite his hotheaded trait. He is very popular with all my sims.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hm. He usually ends up a neighbor, in a bridesmaid but never the bride type of way. However, several times he has ended up a father and a husband. I occasionally redesign his face, though.
    @ignominiusrex I can definitely see that storyline for Izzy. I may resurrect them as a couple for my NOLA based save, though not as drag queens....well, never say never. However I play their story their flamboyant fashion sense would fit right in! Everyday is Mardi Gras for them.

@Becka28 Diego would be in my top 5. Hands down the most used for me is Venessa Jeong, by miles. Second would be.....Diego! I always thought I was alone in appreciating him but I think we're well on our way to a Diego Lobo fan club!!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Currently he is with Ulrike Faust. I don't yet know if it will work out. It has been a while since I played him though.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I have had him with his "agent", Izzy, and Cassandra goth as I remember I think with another sim he's always loveable and fun to make over.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    In my game he has been a gay party boy from day 1. With an inferiority complex because he starts as a high-level art critic but has zero painting skill of his own. He is the author of various books including Why You Shouldn't Paint and How Your Painting Reveals Your Personal Shortcomings.

He has developed a little more recently, as he was fired from his job due to an art forgery incident, and became a journalist instead. Also, one of his more regular sweeties was discovered to be an alien, and Diego's friend Victor Feng the National Leader recently had a baby from alien abduction. Diego has been interviewing Victor and investigating the whole space issue on his own. He's talking about opening a science center for the public, but no one really believes he'll ever be organized enough to pull it off.

gen3-banner.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I do have a soft spot for Diego. He is a played sim in many of my saves, he ends up a spouse or friend in most of them. He's had both straight and gay relationships, its not a given that he's gay in my head. I always have to make his voice deeper, I love the brash voice, but not that high pitch. I also always change his walkstyle. There are a very few walkstyles I like, that's not one of them.

Been meaning to get Diego and Izzy hooked up, but not gotten around to it yet. I think we need an Izzy fan club too :)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Nothing, yet. He did adopt a toddler into that big apartment of his though. Reminds me that I might want to make him over and involve him somehow….
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I've only played his character once. He got really good friends with his talking toilet before he met his boyfriend. They live together now and have a dog, afghan named Shiloh.
    I don't see him often on my other saves.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I kept all of the premades, including a ton of the EA gallery premades as well as a couple dozen TS2 premades from the gallery which I filled homes with when I started this new game. But after that I left them to their own devices and let MCCC story progression determine where the winds would blow. The Lobo line, unfortunately, just didn't have it what it took to survive.

I'm at 3 generations in with generation 4 entering the child/teen stage; his family line has completely died out. There are no Lobos left in my game.
    In comparison the Lothario line has 4 different households and the Feng line has 3.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    LMLS2143 wrote: »

I always picture them together too, but haven't actually managed it yet. I think it's the matching floral fashion. I think they might enjoy a maximalist home too :p
    @EmmaVane There are romances that are meant to be and that is one. I picture the walls of their home decorated with paintings by Van Goff and Piccolo. I know what you're all thinking, don't you mean Van Gogh and Picasso? No I mean paintings by Vern Van Goff and Peter Piccolo. Diego may be an art critic but no one ever said he knew what he was doing or that he was very good at it. I know Maxis paints his🤔 backstory thusly...

Established and novice artists alike shudder in anticipation for the day Diego Lobo steps his critical foot into their gallery. Impress him and you'll have it made for life. But if one brush stroke is off, if just one hue is not quite to his liking, you may never work in this town again.

Nothing in that says he's good at it, he just makes artists shudder. In my mind they shudder because their work is being judged by a man who can't tell the difference between Van Goff and Van Gogh, Piccolo or Picasso. I'd shudder too. He's in way over his head but since there was an opening for an art critic and nobody else was willing to submit their knee caps to the wrath of the San Myshuno artist collective, Diego got the job in spite of knowing absolutely nothing about art. It was a paycheck, and one that provided him with a nice penthouse apartment in the most exclusive neighborhood in San My, a fabulously outrageous wardrobe, and no shortage of flamboyant boy toys to choose from. He may be incompetent, but he's such a nice guy that the artists of San My have come to love him in spite of his being a critic. He so rarely has anything bad to say about whatever artwork he's critiquing, the art community allows him to keep his knee caps on those rare occasions where he does give a bad review.