Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want stop use MC Command Center and use the Story Progression of the game

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
Now than the game really has Story Progression, but then I need find smaller modfs than just do:
- Change game speed (real miliseconds per sim second)
- Change lifespan (each age, no matter if allow or no change pets lifespan)
- Allow same sex try for baby (so per example Thinker household have chance to have biological baby)

Comments

• EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    I wanted to do the same thing as well, but I didn't want to loose all of the features of MC so instead what I did was I just went into the MC folder and pulled out the population and pregnancy scripts. You don't have to use all the modules :smile:
  • Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    You can take out some modules, or change the settings of MCCC to suit what you like.
    Another way besides MCCC to have same sex couples have biological children is to go into CAS and change it so one of them can get others pregnant. I imagine if you do that the neighborhood stories would let them have biological children (I haven't tried this though, just thought that might be something to try).
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Garaya13 wrote: »
    You can take out some modules, or change the settings of MCCC to suit what you like.
    Another way besides MCCC to have same sex couples have biological children is to go into CAS and change it so one of them can get others pregnant. I imagine if you do that the neighborhood stories would let them have biological children (I haven't tried this though, just thought that might be something to try).

The idea is to no need for it. As when edit a household in CAS, it go to your played households
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    The idea is to no need for it. As when edit a household in CAS, it go to your played households

You can remove a household from your played households by clicking on the little heart you see by them in Manage Households so that is no longer colored in. This moves them back to general population.

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Nice find
    According a spanish simmer, same sex couple can have biological babies, using the new story progression, without need to edit them

• RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Well, I may be new to the forums but my 300+ hours on sims show I've played alot.
    In my opinion MC is really useful, but if TS4 added the MC features in Base game Neighbourhood Stories I'd still keep MC for their sulani and seasons cheats.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Under the gender symbols in CAS there are three dots, click on them and you can customize your male Sims to get pregnant.

How to change lifespan in-game settings
    Realistic Lifespans Mod

SuperSpeed Mod
    Simulation Lag Fix
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    Keep in mind that NS may have the "have baby" function but it does not yet have any functionality that will lead to sims entering relationships, getting married, and moving in together. So unless you want to do that manually for all unplayed households, NS has a very real shortcoming when it comes to that aspect of story progression.

Regarding game time speed and age durations, I don't know of any up-to-date mods that do either of those things. For good reason...MCCC exists, is modular, and is widely used, so there's no need to re-invent the wheel.

My advice would be to just remove all of the MCCC modules you feel you no longer need due to NS. The other features you mention are part of the core mod, but the ones replaced by NS functions are in the modules that can be removed.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods