Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3: Ambition Expansion Pack, Commemorative Edition, Photos of All Pages & Memorabilia

EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
I was rummaging through some old containers recently and came across my old physical copies of The Sims 3, all the EPs and the SPs that I have. Of particular note was this.

This special edition of The Sims 3: Ambitions was released alongside the regular editions of Ambitions, June 3rd 2010 in mainland Europe and June 4th 2010 in Britain, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the release of The Sims 1.

Bizarrely, this edition was only released in Europe, with no US version. It contained a book detailing the history of Maxis & The Sims, some interviews with Will Wright, a concept art pamphlet and a unique poster. I've never seen anybody talk about this edition of Ambitions before, and so I thought I'd show it to you guys.

I remember buying it on or soon after the date of release of The Sims 3: Ambitions (June 4th, 2010 in GB), intending to buy the regular edition. But, when I entered my local GAME retail store, I found this unique edition on the stand, and so I was enticed to pick it up. I think I read it beginning-to-end maybe only a handful of times.

A nice piece of Sims history that I don't think is as well documented as it should be.

Comments