Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite neighborhood to play in the game and how many neighborhoods do you play in?

I think Sunset Valley is probably my favorite neighborhood but it's really the only one I have played. I haven't tried playing in more than one neighborhood and switching between them before. I am starting fresh with a new install of the game because of an age bar glitch that unfortunately decided to come back into my game. I might start over in Sunset Valley but I kind of want to try another neighborhood like maybe Riverview but I'm not sure yet.

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I don't play EA made worlds, only custom worlds,
    and mine are: Twin Towns, Meadow Glen, Setra, Saint Yield.
    I have 5 saves going on but I don't keep them all in my game at once.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    When it comes to worlds made by EA: Moonlight Falls. I love the antique, gothic look and it came with my favorite expansion pack so that's a plus. For custom worlds I am a fan of Grey Meadow. I love the amount of lore surrounding each townie and the town itself. My current and longest playthrough is in that town, too. Wraith is a honorable mention because I like the lore for that one but I haven't played it long enough to get a good feel. (Really I like a lot of the custom worlds made Quailhogs. There's just something about the dark yet sarcastic/witty tone that I love.)
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    Aurora Skies...one of the store content worlds. There's just something quirky about it.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I've been really enjoying Dragon Valley over the past... I guess it's been almost two years now. The sims are almost all interesting, not just that they have compelling backstories but that they're each fun to play in their own way, and I've played almost all of them by now. Even with only a few packs enabled, there's so much variety, I don't feel like I'm repeating the same themes or playstyle.

Plus, the scenery is just gorgeous, especially in the half-light.

A4f7RA5.jpg

XWPM5ei.jpg

Even a little cottage becomes more interesting when there are rolling hills and mountains in the background, when it really feels like a peaceful rural setting far away from everything.

i8hqlaM.jpg

Playing in a world with great scenery just makes everything else a little more enjoyable, at least for me. On that note, a trip to Shang Simla can be quite pleasant too. I took this a while back, when I paused the game for about ten real-time minutes just to look around.

CB355pB.jpg

Of the homeworlds that don't cost extra money or SimPoints, I think I've had the most fun in Riverview. But I only play my own sims there, not the premade townies, except for the ones that marry into the family.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Simmer2500 wrote: »
    I think Sunset Valley is probably my favorite neighborhood but it's really the only one I have played. I haven't tried playing in more than one neighborhood and switching between them before. I am starting fresh with a new install of the game because of an age bar glitch that unfortunately decided to come back into my game. I might start over in Sunset Valley but I kind of want to try another neighborhood like maybe Riverview but I'm not sure yet.

I play in Hidden Springs, Monte Vista and Dragon Valley, as well as all the World Adventures worlds.

I tend to play every new save as a Nothing Is Free Challenge though.
    I delete all existing houses and lots prior to starting a save to reduce drag on the game and manage the homeless populations.

Regularly I go through with Master Controller and Annihilate all nonessential Sims.
    If I didn't put them in the town through Create A Sim or Birth, they don't stay long.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Sunset Valley.

Reason?

AVvXsEgSMZLKjDRY_zH2kylfpLwtFuZ6MwnFuWZzbNkQmzrgWNsukYdQLBH8fZWMhMEuOutvJpm883Dcmm_G_lK0gHK-zFXe--dc_waSf8zb2DasXLuxWyk7fOaXG8CizVc9DeMNSNidvSbu1hHf8X5kdnXLhH0WfgMfQJf-2yhAgMkdRpm06m7V4AGgRifAoQ
    My altered version of the daughter of the McIrish clan. 😁
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2022
    I've been really enjoying Dragon Valley over the past... I guess it's been almost two years now. The sims are almost all interesting, not just that they have compelling backstories but that they're each fun to play in their own way, and I've played almost all of them by now. Even with only a few packs enabled, there's so much variety, I don't feel like I'm repeating the same themes or playstyle.

Plus, the scenery is just gorgeous, especially in the half-light.

A4f7RA5.jpg

XWPM5ei.jpg

Even a little cottage becomes more interesting when there are rolling hills and mountains in the background, when it really feels like a peaceful rural setting far away from everything.

i8hqlaM.jpg

Playing in a world with great scenery just makes everything else a little more enjoyable, at least for me. On that note, a trip to Shang Simla can be quite pleasant too. I took this a while back, when I paused the game for about ten real-time minutes just to look around.

CB355pB.jpg

Of the homeworlds that don't cost extra money or SimPoints, I think I've had the most fun in Riverview. But I only play my own sims there, not the premade townies, except for the ones that marry into the family.

Well, the Dragon Valley neighborhood looks like a nice neighborhood from your pictures of it. Riverview is the only additional one I have that's not from an expansion pack. I have one called Apaloosa Plains or something like that from the Pets expansion and there is Bridgeport. I might have played Bridgeport once when I first got the game but its not the best neighborhood if you want to play families.
    Post edited by Simmer2500 on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

My favorite is usually the world I am playing at the moment which happens to be Hidden Springs. I love Moonlight Falls and it has been my go to world for years with its old fashioned ambiance and townspeople are quirky. I also have other stories in Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, and a custom world, Supernatural Island (by @Rflong7). SV is my least favorite world. I quickly get bored in it and move to another town.
    Hidden Springs in spring.
    51845947411_e04eb9a66e_o.jpg
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2022
    My three favourite towns have to be Sunset Valley, Twinbrook and Bridgeport, in that order. I've played in those three the most, and I've played in Isla Paradiso, Appaloosa Plains, Riverview, Sunlit Tides, and Hidden Springs a handful of times in the past. I played Moonlight Falls once when Supernatural was released, though I haven't touched it since. I played Lunar Lakes once. It was a fun gimmick, but ultimately just a gimmick. Starlight Shores has to be the only town introduced in an EP that I've never played in once. I never cared for most of the store towns enough to buy them, aside for the ones mentioned above.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    My favourite Worlds are Sunset Valley, Moonlight Falls and Starlight Shores, but I enjoy playing in the Worlds I own. At the moment I have two ongoing Saves (The Molyneux Save in Appaloosa Plains and The Oakley Save in Sunset Valley). I haven't played in Midnight Hollow, Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, Lucky Palms, Isla Paradiso, Barnacle Bay, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley or Roaring Heights yet. I play Worlds in rotation, in other words once I finished a Save in one World I won't play in that World for a while.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, and Moonlight Falls.

Sunlit Tides - because everything in that world is just gorgeous. Everything.

Monte Vista - I absolutely love the homes and that world is built really well.

Moonlight Falls - because the stories of the families are so interesting and it's an "easy" world to play in, if that makes sense? :D

I play a lot of custom worlds as well but we'd be here all day if I listed all of my favorites out of those! <3
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I don't know if I necessarily have a favorite world. I do mainly play Sunset Valley (technically a custom expanded version) though, followed by Isla Paradiso.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2022
    The one I play in most often is this one: https://pleasantsims.com/sims-3-pleasantview-updated/

Which is kind of odd, because I never played Sims 2. I just find the town's layout to be nice and that it's an easy world to adapt to my own purposes by building and adding new lots.

Among the "official" ones I find I play most often in Bridgeport, Twinbrook, and Starlight Shores.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I own the store, so I've been playing the worlds as they were released. Before I started on my story, I just loved Twinbrook, especially the Bayou feeling of that world which I tried to recreate in my own world TwinTowns (I'm so glad you're enjoying it, @GraceyManor :) ).
    I'm usually jumping between worlds, base camp changing as my story evolves. I am writing/playing in Twin Towns right now, together with CCworlds like Ziwa Bonde and the flash back where I used Devil’s Port, Los Aniegos and Northeney. I've thoroughly played through Moonlight Falls (my madeover version), Monte Vista, Appaloosa Plains and Midnight Hollow as my story evolves. A little less in Aurora Skies, a world I love though... All this rambling just to say that my EA favorite is Sunlit Tides! :p
    NymlADp.jpg
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I play, Hidden Springs, Midnight Hollow, Moonlight Falls and Sunset Valley.
    I like the overall look of Midnight Hollow best, but since I prefer my Sims to live in bungalows, I can't say that I find the houses very appealing.
    For gameplay I think Hidden Springs is the one I've put the most effort in on this installation of the game.
  • ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    Midnight Hollow
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited April 2022
    I've been addicted to Lucky Palms (From the Sims 3 Store) lately. I used to prefer to stick to green grassy worlds, so this has been a change, but I've been loving the gorgeous orange-red mountains and the lighting so much, I'm hooked! Also the beautiful green succulents everywhere!

I've played in most of the worlds, with only a few left that I want to get from the store to try. I've also explored the future neighbourhood, China, France, Egypt, and university too, etc. I actually prefer university neighbourhood over any other neighbourhood sometimes because the other students get so crazy :lol:, but that also isn't a true neighbourhood, so you can't stay there or have a family. So I think Lucky Palms is my new favorite place to play. Before that I was loving Barnacle Bay. When I first started playing the game in 2017 I remember I was a huge Bridgeport player because my sims would be partiers living in apartments, and I was also biased because I was actually born in a hospital in a city named Bridgeport IRL.

I remember in Sims 2 we could start a game straight from in the University, anyone else remember that?

Lucky Palms:
    51843760710_dc68036406_o.jpg
    51842082627_198e4f8aee_o.jpg
    51897196689_89e28e590d_o.jpg
    51859657003_d56876942c_o.jpg
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited April 2022
    honestly i can't remember the name of worlds in ts3 they look so similar to me might have been supernatural world but theres one with lot right in front of waterfall which I always used to have my sims live on and there was nice foggy foggy all around but thats probably just seasons
    and i loved when the water would freeze so my sims could also skate on that pond/lake whatever

...yeah that description is probably not helpful :lol:

it was ep world though cause only non ep world i had was dragon valley and thats not it i think
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    I’ve stated Sunset Valley as my main “go-to” neighbourhood to play in, but my other is Moonlight Falls since I often enjoy playing werewolves; yes that is one of the occults that Sims 4 is missing.

I prefer werewolves because of their campy goofiness (sniff other players, compare teeth size, get into fights, generally be aggressive in nature, howling at the moon, etc.).

It’s an alternative to Midnight Hollow which appears to be more a vampire oriented town considering the fact that it’s dark and dreary -perfect place for Cullen and his gang of vegan vampires. 😝
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @polrbear Holy cow your graphics are amazing!!
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    How many neighborhoods do I play in?
    -I own the store plus all expansion packs, so I play in all of the worlds. Although I spend less time in some than others.

What is my favorite neighborhood in the game?
    -That's a difficult question for me to answer because I make each of the worlds over to fit my vision of the lifestyle I image there. Plus, each one is unique in that it has something different to offer. Of the store worlds, I like to play in Barnacle Bay, Lucky Palms and Lunar Lakes the most.

Of game worlds I would have to say I like Sunset Valley the best, most likely because it is the one I have spent the most time in ;).
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Favorite Maxis worlds: Lucky Palms, Aurora Skies, and Twinbrook.

I have a few Custom worlds but my favorite so far is Evansdale Country.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    I love Twinbrook, but it's a tough world to add more buildings. Sims are ugly, but I don't care anymore.

Appaloosa Plains is my favorite; the fresh country air is amazing here. It can be a bit tough to add some venues, though.

From the store, I had a great time with Lucky Palms
    (numer one in terms of space for new venues) and Aurora Skies.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2022
    My favorite world is Appaloosa Plains, it's the only neighborhood where it doesnt lag as much as my saves progresses eventhough it has pets, next in Sunset Valley due to premade that I already familiar with, Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso after.

For custom world is Evansdale Country, and Cape Garner if it the townie isnt getting routing issue every few seconds.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • paladinx333paladinx333 Posts: 11 New Member
    For me, Sunset Valley defines the Sims 3 experience. Currently I am using a version of the neighborhood that was made in 2020 with some fixes applied to it. There are also some extra roads and additional lots to make Sunset Valley a little bigger.