Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you take a break from the game to watch a TV show, then you return to the game to create the characters of the TV show as sims.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited March 2022
    When you start your first (non-casual) job, and the message that pops up in your head is:
    “TinySpaceFox just went to work for the first time. 50 more years of the daily grind and she can retire!”
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    When people say you should go out more, and you think about it for a while and then you let your selfsim visit the festival park in your game.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    When even after 13 years and well over 1,000 hours of playtime, you still boot up the game once or twice annually, become completely addicted again and play another 100+ hours over the course of the next month.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    When you're awake at 2:59am and you wait for everything to stutter like it does in your game when the mod kicks in!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

When you pass your 10 year Anniversary and don't even notice it ... <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXeWhL9LvVY

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited March 2022
    22 years anniversary here as of August.

When I start envying the sims for being able to open the fridge and make anything they want right out of it.

“Awwww, @Featherbelle, do we have to drag out the car again and go to Superstore?”

“Yes. We’re running out of toiletpaper and the cats are eyeing us like they’re gonna kill us while we’re asleep if we don’t get some kitty kibble and soft food. Now get in the car and drive!”
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    22 years anniversary here as of August.

When I start envying the sims for being able to open the fridge and make anything they want right out of it.

“Awwww, @Featherbelle, do we have to drag out the car again and go to Superstore?”

“Yes. We’re running out of toiletpaper and the cats are eyeing us like they’re gonna kill us while we’re asleep if we don’t get some kitty kibble and soft food. Now get in the car and drive!”

I meant Sims 3 Anniversary, but congrats on your 22 years of marital bliss ... <3

Don't worry about the cats ...
    Mine has plenty of food and luxuries, and still wanders around looking like she wants to kill me sometimes.
    She shuts up and gets her head straight when I feed her baby spinach though.

The dog is covering my six too, so that helps ... :D

@BlackSand - Sims anniversary is only five years. I feel like such a neophyte having never played Sims (the original) or Sims 2. :(

When you're walking down the street...and see a car that you like and think, "Hey...I need to get a car like that (for my Sims)... Has Fresh Prince made one of those yet?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited March 2022
    When you're walking down the street...and see a car that you like and think, "Hey...I need to get a car like that (for my Sims)... Has Fresh Prince made one of those yet?"

LoL @Nikkei_Simmer ... My Sims rarely drive anywhere ... They tend to jog a lot.
    Of course, that means I put All-In-One showers in every public venue.

That also makes it easier since you don't need gender specific bathrooms.
    Your skilled Sim can Upgrade them to Self-Cleaning.
    If they ever break your Sim with the Plumbing Achievement in Handiness can fix them ...
    and they will never need to be fixed again.

If you are addicted to Sims and play the game long enough, you can figure out how to do a lot of things ... :D
    Don't have a lot of stinky Townies running around either

I'm just too lazy to go put updated bathrooms (all-in-ones) everywhere. :D My townie sims tend to be ignored (unless I'm writing a story or having my evil sims fight them or...

You check daily on the Simblrs to find out if anyone has released any new cc for Sims 3...then spend the next six hours downloading and organizing finally getting to play your game around 5 in the afternoon.

Your brain thinks up of some new cc to search for at midnight...and it's three in the morning by the time you finish your search; either frustrated because you haven't found it...or you've found sixty five other pieces of cc that have no relation to what you were searching for, but frankly, you've got them now...because you wanted them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you listen to a song on the radio and can´t figure out why it sounds so weird, until you realize it´s because it´s not in simlish.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    edited March 2022
    When you listen to a song on the radio and can´t figure out why it sounds so weird, until you realize it´s because it´s not in simlish.

I heard a song and couldn't figure out how I knew it.
    It was one of the songs in Sims 3 under the Darkwave selection.

I looked up a few other Sims 3 songs I liked at the Wiki site since then.
    I think it is kind of neat an artist can sing their own songs in a fake language.
    It's got to be hard when you know the words ... :D

Post edited by BlackSand on
  • itsCamriitsCamri Posts: 2 New Member
    > @HappySimmer3 said:
    > When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.

Omg I do this all the time lolll
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    When you see someone is real life that looks like a sim and say to yourself wow that looks like the sim in my game and even say it to someone who does not even play the sims. And get a funny look back.
    When you meet a dog named “Woohoo” and feel relieved that your mask is hiding your smile…
    When you meet a dog named “Woohoo” and feel relieved that your mask is hiding your smile…

Thank Watcher, I wasn’t drinking at the very moment I read that. Would have had to replace an iPhone.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    When your dad tells you about a Netflix show he’s watching that features aliens, werewolves, vampires and zombies all together… and your first thought is, “that’s like The Sims with all expansions!”
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    When you invest in your neighborhoods / legacies to the point of tracking them in charts Pleasant Sims style.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you decide your new laptop can handle the game, spend several hours to research if and how it runs with windows 11, and how to introduce your shiny new graphic card to it, nervously start it - and your laptop, which has been rather placid until now, suddenly starts up all of its powerful fans at once - and you just laugh like a maniac.

(It has only done it that one time and just for a few seconds and is running the base game on the highest settings really well, but it´s initial panic reaction was so funny... :D )
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    You make excuses to buy more stuff in the Sims store. My Sims need that new stove! 😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    When you find the perfect tiny beach house and it's where you've always wanted to live, on the beach in a tiny house, and it's inside Sims.
    When you make your favourite Sim a wizard…
    3eidhyi.jpg

…then a while later you start up a totally different game and this is how you design your custom character:
    NRWiOgy.jpg
    YNa948U.jpg

Suffice to say, I can’t take Hogwarts Legacy seriously any more.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When you watch a movie and say those houses look like something I would create in the sims3. I was watching the movie edward scissorhands.
    :) Smile!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top