Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I just learned recently that curtain can snap onto doorways the same as they can with windows! No need to use free placement or anything, go ahead and try it out! :smiley:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I just learned at this very moment that if you right click the arrows when buying/selling from vendors or pickers like the LICE retail freezer it increases (or decreases) the quantity being bought/sold by 10 at a time. Still wish I could just click the numerical value and type what I wanted, but at least 10 at a time is faster than what I had been doing...
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @Stormkeep that's from UI Cheats Extension :)
    edited February 2022
    somewhsome wrote: »

OH! Well I'll be. I should have read that mod's description more carefully then, because then I would have known it a lot sooner! :lol:
    Thanks for letting me know, now I for sure will never remove the mod. I rarely use any of it's other features that I did know about, so it has always been a potential mod to cut. Not anymore!

Now that you're telling me though, I should have known it was from the mod...right click is sorta that mod's whole thing. I'm a bit embarrassed for not realizing.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I can never remember everything it does so I keep a copy of UI Cheats features on my desktop.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »

OH! Well I'll be. I should have read that mod's description more carefully then, because then I would have known it a lot sooner! :lol:
    Thanks for letting me know, now I for sure will never remove the mod. I rarely use any of it's other features that I did know about, so it has always been a potential mod to cut. Not anymore!

Now that you're telling me though, I should have known it was from the mod...right click is sorta that mod's whole thing. I'm a bit embarrassed for not realizing.

Nothing to be embarassed about! :)
    I've had retail lots in all of my games since they added them and I just discovered the Toggle "For Sale" Tag option on the register this morning...it's so useful and I feel very foolish for never noticing it before. :blush:
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    That you can fail the threaten interaction (criminal career one). I have no idea what the conditions for that are.
    9hocOyM.jpg

That hugging doggos fullfills the Love Day tradition :D
    UUla9hs.jpg
    QOjsmzh.jpg
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @Thrior I discovered hugging a family member (and giving them flowers) satisfies the Love Day tradition, but I didn't know a pet snuggle counted, too. We're pet people at my house, so I think that's wonderful.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    I honestly didn’t know their was a moon that rises up and goes down
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    That hugging doggos fullfills the Love Day tradition :D
    UUla9hs.jpg
    QOjsmzh.jpg

And why shouldn't it, hehe! So cute! <3
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    As part of Neighborhood stories, sims can give you a call to tell you they just moved in near you or sims that you know will call if they adopted a child and will invite you over to see. Thought this was a reallly nice immersive touch.
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited March 2022
    Wow...@LeGardePourpre, I didn't know that either until RIGHT NOW. So glad you shared that.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2022
    :lol: Wait, so it wasn't the headphones?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I didn’t know that there was a smart speaker in the game! I’m going to have to hunt it down and use it in one of my households…
    I didn't know that it's possible to have a Sim working as a Yoga Instructor who is, frankly, terrible at yoga.

My Sim just paid §110 for a course with a doofus who collapsed trying to arch his back and busted his noggin failing at a handstand. At least one of the students was better at the poses than the Instructor, and my Sim, who leveled up to 3 in Wellness during his class, was nearly as good.

Some Sim needs to speak to the manager! ;)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    my Sim, who leveled up to 3 in Wellness during his class

well apparently the class was good for something... maybe the instructor was doing some sort of novel pedagogy there @MoonlightGraham
    gen3-banner.png
    my Sim, who leveled up to 3 in Wellness during his class

well apparently the class was good for something... maybe the instructor was doing some sort of novel pedagogy there @MoonlightGraham

@mightysprite Maybe that's it. "Do as I say, not as I do. Or, better yet, do the opposite of what I do." :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    Might have missed someone else saying it but I just found out Feewa Foona Wabee from Sims 3 was recently added to Retro. I was so happy when it played at the diner my Sim was having brunch at! Sims 3 music was the best!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I like the retro station too! Sometimes I’ll hear a tune that was used in Sims 2 Buy Mode and the nostalgia immediately hits!
  • MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    I like the retro station too! Sometimes I’ll hear a tune that was used in Sims 2 Buy Mode and the nostalgia immediately hits!

I know what you mean! Wedding Stories main theme and cas music is the Sims 3 main theme and it made me tear up a little!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I honestly didn't know that after a household moves into a lot, you can still see the lot information from the map, rather than having to go to "Build" mode.

By clicking on: "Lot Detail Panel"
    ReT7KGL.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top