Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars

Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
I have my sims paint a lot. And for the first time ever she painted a car!!!!! Has anyone else seen this. Could it be?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Interesting. Not that I can think of, but what did it look like and what category was it in?

Speaking of cars, there was a thread in here about cars yesterday that disappeared. I don’t think it was moved because I posted in it and it’s not in my post history. I didn’t see anything controversial to warrant moderation but even then, why delete the whole thread? Was it an accident? Will this one get deleted, too?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    @babajayne, it was probably moved to the forum section for discussing ideas for the game, seeing as that would be the right place for it if it was discussing new ideas. Check there->https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Stormkeep I did look there but it isn’t there. That’s when I checked my post history so I could find it that way. But my post doesn’t exist anymore 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm personally not too fussed about cars, but I know they're a popular request, so hopefully it could be a sign!
  • Options
    SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2022
    There is an object in my wedding stories that the info mentions auto parts on the front lawn.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    There's been a car painting in game for years. The one I know of has a red car on a winding road in the country.

We've even had live edit service stations in game since base game.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There's been a car painting in game for years. The one I know of has a red car on a winding road in the country.

We've even had live edit service stations in game since base game.

I think there was a billboard with a gas station or something car related years ago also.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't think I've seen the car painting before. I will do some painting later and try to see it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think that's a painting from the base game, I don't remember, it's tricky to see all the different paintings in the game because they are different depending on your painting skill and it's easy to become too good so you will never see the lower skill paintings.

edit: I found it, it's a realism painting. Probably low skill.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,928 Member
    edited March 2022
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I liked having cars in TS3, but I really don't see how I could make use of them in TS4, so I'd rather see the developers spend their creative energies on something more useful. Btw, there are cars on several items, I never thought if them as hints. Don't we even have a sort of garage door?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I liked having cars in TS3, but I really don't see how I could make use of them in TS4, so I'd rather see the developers spend their creative energies on something more useful. Btw, there are cars on several items, I never thought if them as hints. Don't we even have a sort of garage door?

Yes, we have the garage doors sims can spray paint on. Don't know if they are hints, but we got new world specific cars with Tartosa and Henford, a Fiat and a Mini Cooper. Cars could be useful for a number of things, not just transportation. They could generate costs such as taxes, fines, repairs, write offs, etc. A lot of people complain that sims earn to much money, so they could spend some money on cars. Then there could be added gameplay, for repairing, building car kits, checking tire pressure, washing the car, makeout in car, etc.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Cars should at least pick you up for work ( and get improved the more you climb in your job like on Sims 1)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2022
    Cars should at least pick you up for work ( and get improved the more you climb in your job like on Sims 1)

I want cars to be playable but I wouldn't mind them picking us up for work. I also want taxis,school buses and police cars back the latter in case we get burglers back.

And while we're at it I want motorcycles back too.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

I want cars to be playable but I wouldn't mind them picking us up for work. I also want taxis,school buses and police cars back the latter in case we get burglers back.

And while we're at it I want motorcycles back too.

This would be great! I’m sure they could designate a bus stop in each neighbourhood that your sims have to go wait for