Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did they make the merman who becomes a mermaid when he changes?

There is one male in the game who becomes a woman (well, a mermaid) when he gets into the water and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out how you assign female traits to the mermaid form but male traits when they are out of the water in their land form? My CAS won't let me do that. It's either one or the other but the character in the game is clearly packing as a man but has breasts as a mermaid (no way to see what's under those scales of course).

Comments

• lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    Wow I have never heard of that before! That’s really strange and I wish I had the answer for you but I have no idea how to change that. Best of luck though!
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited March 2022
    I’ve only encountered one mermaid thus far but I haven’t really explored Sulani yet. Nalani who I think comes with the pack. I moved her into a beach house. She has the tail in the water or bath but legs on land!

I’ll keep a look out for the merman and if I can, move him in and look at his info. Perhaps there’s a way to assign mermaid abilities to male Sims?
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I’ll keep a look out for the merman and if I can, move him in and look at his info. Perhaps there’s a way to assign mermaid abilities to male Sims?

There is, you can do it in CAS, but they are a male mermaid when you do it. I'm honestly not sure what @FlamingoKicker1 is even talking about, because I am pretty sure that I am familiar with all of the premade mermaids, and none of them match what s/he's saying. For the premades, there are 2 female, 1 male and one transgender.
    I guess he might be referring to the transgender one, but he has the same body frame in both human and mermaid forms.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

There is, you can do it in CAS, but they are a male mermaid when you do it. I'm honestly not sure what @FlamingoKicker1 is even talking about, because I am pretty sure that I am familiar with all of the premade mermaids, and none of them match what s/he's saying. For the premades, there are 2 female, 1 male and one transgender.
    I guess he might be referring to the transgender one, but he has the same body frame in both human and mermaid forms.

That was my thought as well. It may be that the issue is more of the way Paka's mer form is dressed rather than body type. I don't currently have him in any of my active saves, so I can't easily check, but he may be wearing one of the feminine-frame tops that gives the appearance of having breasts.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    Paka'a is feminine in style but he's still masculine frame in body even in mermaid form. His fashion style may be flagged as feminine and is why it gives an illusion of him being a girl in mer form but he still has a masculine frame.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    BlueR0se is right! Just choose the feminine style in CAS for the mermaid top and it'll create that effect. Paka'a is a really pretty sim.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    Oh, thanks. That makes a lot more sense. The breasts were what was throwing me off cause he doesn't have them in his land form.