Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding San Myshuno - Recreation Center (SanMyshuno Youth Center) on page 4

Comments

• SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    While going back and forth between families to build up careers, relationships, skills and such, I've also been working on my next build, the italian restaurant on the penthouse lot of the Arts Quarter. It's far from done, but I managed to advance it enough that I at least have something to share, so here's a picture of the WIP. I think I've got the architecture and room divisions down. Most of the layout is done as well, though I'll have to test it, as I'm not sure how much the game can handle. Does anyone know? As of now, the restaurants sits up to 50 sims.

HzoYjNu.png

Of course, I still need to decorate as well, which is why I'm not showing the inside yet.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Your WIP Italian restaurant is looking great! :) It is nice that you have built it on the penthouse lot. The trellis roofing outdoors dining patio is very nice.
    Thank you @rosemow! Your comments are always encouraging. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited February 2022
    @SerraNolwen It looks really pretty :)

I don't know how much the game can handle, and I suspect the maximum number of sims who appear on a community lot may be determined by the computer specs.

But for restaurants, you want to be careful not to have too many customers and too few chefs. That makes orders come very very slowly. The first restaurant reno I built had that problem. One chef station and one waiter station per every 8ish customer seats seems to work pretty well. (I do still have to reset the chefs every time I travel to the restaurant lot so they don't stand outside forever.)
    @mightysprite Oh! I'll need to expand my kitchen, then. I only planned enough room for two (maybe 3) of each. Thanks for the tip!
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    edited February 2022
    @SerraNolwen looks like it's really coming along and I think the Italian restaurant is a nice choice! the pergola is lovely :smiley:
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
    Has it really been over a month? Looks like it. Well, after a lot of time not playing the sims and some more time fidgeting with the restaurant trying to make it look right and work, here it is, Giovanni's restaurant, which can be downloaded on the gallery here : Gallery link

I'll post a few of my favorite pictures here, and you can find some more on Imgur

DSzsk8C.png

lSyvFul.png

ehfyAp8.png

q9bHb7G.png
    Giovanni’s Restaurant is lovely! :) The design is great! The arch windows are very nice.Very lovely trellis covered outdoors dining patio. The round tables are very nice and pretty candles on top of them. It would be very nice dining there at nighttime. The interior layout and furnishings are lovely! The dining tables area is very nice. The pictures are very nice on the walls.
    Thanks @rosemow I'm glad you like it! Yeah, that outdoors area is my favorite.
    Okay, a fairly simple build, this time, as I have renovated an apartment in the Spice District, at 18 Culpepper house.

In my save file, something terrible happened in this apartment and I had the previous resident leave. Rumour has it that it is haunted, now. There is, in fact, a terrible surprise for anyone who decides to knock down the fireplace (not sure it will be there on the gallery). I've set it up with the historical (that one is locked in), chef's kitchen and Peace and quiet lot traits, plus the Spooky lot challenge. The current resident of the lot has an interest for the paranormal, so there are a couple trinkets here and there, but other than that and the chimney, it's a pretty standard apartment.

Here is the gallery link : Gallery

More pictures on imgur.

h8jXInD.png

Y1XCCk5.png

fcs6yNt.png
    The makeover of the apartment is lovely! :) Very nice design, layout and lovely furnishing of each area! Very nice warm brown and white colours. The fireplace sofa sitting area is very nice. Sims will enjoy reading books there from the bookcase or painting on the easel. Very nice angled dining table to enjoy eating meals. The patterned curtains in the bedroom are pretty. Sims will enjoy meditating on the stool near the window :)
    Thank you @rosemow! I had to fiddle around a little to fit everything I wanted (without causing routing issues or making it look cramped) when I added that fireplace, but I'm pretty happy with the result.
    So today I was working on this save file setting up relationships, fame for one sim and doing a touch of redecorating in one apartment. When I tried to "Save and exit", it couldn't save, but the game closed anyways. Ugh. This is the first time I get that failure notice in Sims 4. Good thing I had saved about an hour earlier, so I didn't lose that much, but still. It's kinda disheartening. I didn't think this was something I had to worry about in this iteration of the game. I'll get back to this sometime later.
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    Sorry to hear that it closed on you - that is frustrating! Hope it's not too much work to do again?
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
    @bbdarlingo8s Thankfully, I had saved about an hour prior to the bug, so no, it shouldn't be too much work. In fact, some good came out of it! I played very briefly since then, and the sim I'm trying to make famous got a random event at work that gave her fame!
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    Wonderful reno! I like the fireplace and the layout of the kitchen.
    I'm glad the save error didn't cost you much, and that the work event ended in your Simmie's favor. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2022
    Very pretty Culpepper renovation! I like the colors in the living room.
    When you couldn't save, did you get a "Save Code Error: 0" message? That is this bug here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Save-Code-Error-0/td-p/11317078
    EA is asking for saves so they can track down the problem
    (Also there are a couple of workarounds posted early in that thread)
    @Lissykin It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks the kitchen layout worked out. Thank you for the kind comments!

Thank you @mightysprite for pointing this out. I'll see if I can give them useful data to fix that bug, since it can be a pretty big deal, especially when you don't know about it. And thank you for taking the time to look at the build! I'm glad you like it.
    I'm done with another apartment reno! This one is for 122 Hakim House, in the Arts Quarter. I'll be showing you the people living here soon, but for now, here is the place. Two sims live here, and one of them is an artist whose father was a very strict politician. She kept a lot of her father's fancy vintage furniture, but turned the place into something colorful, eclectic and welcoming so that she could host lots of parties. The Decor to the Max kit came out as I was trying to decide how to decorate the place and I just love it. I used the wallpapers a lot as well as some of the furniture.

You can download the apartment here : Gallery

And look at more pictures on here : Imgur

Here are the floor plan and some of my favorite pics :
    IPfMQPq.png

32ytrih.png

YUjnmhG.png

HefxmVh.png

SybVYGh.png
    Your renovation of the apartment is lovely! :) Very great colors and the wall patterns and patterned rugs are very nice! The patterned furnishings give a great look and feel to the rooms! The items from the new kit look great how you have used them!The music room corner is lovely! Sims will have great views of the City through the windows whilst playing the piano or enjoying sitting there listening. Very lovely bedrooms! The clothes corner cabinet nook is great!
  • LuxAtomica92LuxAtomica92 Posts: 29 Member
    > @SerraNolwen said:
    > I actually gave myself this project a long time ago, but I started with what was probably the most ambitious build of them all, and the scope of the project, a lighting glitch I had to learn to live with (and cover-up slightly) and a very busy schedule in 2021 meant it took... almost a year to complete it? Anyways, here is the first new build for my version of San Myshuno : the San Myshuno Arts Center.
    >
    > I wanted the ground floor to feel like a proper theater with backstage area, making use of Get Famous. Upstairs includes areas for people to learn new skills, and some things to keep children and toddlers entertained. There's a dance studio, recording room (sorta), rooms for music classes and an area for painting. I intend to create a few clubs so that sims will use the different objects at their disposal when visiting.
    >
    > Anyway, here are some pictures. If you want to see more, you can check Imgur : https://imgur.com/a/BhrAc7V Here is the link to the gallery as well : Gallery link

I love your build. Great use of space and color. Can't wait to check it out in game :smiley:
    Thank you @rosemow for your comments! I'm glad you like the patterns (there are a lot! I'm not used to maximalism, but I like it in game).

@LuxAtomica92 I hope you enjoy playing with this lot! I strongly recommend creating a few clubs that hang out there so that the lot is more lively and everything that isn't from City Living or base game still gets used by townies.
    I've just added a household to the gallery : the two sims who live in my 122 Hakim House reno! Gallery link

Carmen is a 3-star celebrity pianist (level 9 of the entertainer career) with high skills with instruments. She is best friends with Jack, who is a writer and on the way to becoming a journalist.

MuXiby4.png

bvIk56z.png

They don't have a romantic relationship, but in my story, they got pretend-married early on so that people would stop pestering Carmen to get married and become a mom (which in her time would have required she also leave her career behind) and Jack wouldn't get so many questions about the people he hangs out with when he discreetly met his boyfriend. They keep each other's secrets and live harmoniously.

Also, in my save, Jack is in a relationship with Patrick, the sim I shared previously, who is an independent author writing horror stories from his haunted apartment. Here is an extra picture of the three of them hanging out at the restaurant :

mxiwUal.png
    Today, I have completed the Hakim House apartment building! 121 Hakim House (gallery link) is fully redecorated, while keeping the original floor plan, and I have also shared the sims living there, two young girls trying to become actresses, one in kids' shows, the other in dramas and musicals : Household gallery link.

Here are a few pictures, and you can find more on Imgur as usual : Imgur link

ts4hunJ.png

hoqpFUB.png

Vanessa mostly takes gigs in kids shows and voidcritter content :
    RFOyBn9.png

This one is Choon-Hee's room :
    YR7gRdK.png

780VnKN.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file