This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Not So Berry Challenge?

Who all on here is doing the Not So Berry challenge? I’ve never done a legacy challenge before or stuck with it for very long but this one I have and it’s so fun! I’m on Grey gen and she just got married to a neat sim. If you all are doing it, what gen are you on and at one point?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    I've never tried it but I like to follow several simmers that have NSB challenge threads in the story forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,811 Member
    I am on Grey gen as well. Her name is Storm, and she is just a preteen (early teen stage via a mod). She has already maxed out fitness. Sims 4 has so many fun activities that contribute to that.

I tend to go back and forth between this legacy family and my rotation. I am worried about the failed relationships Storm will have to go through before finding her balance with a neat Sim.
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I'm in the middle of the yellow gen, taking a break because she had triplets...and I can't handle that right now LOL
  • Options
    wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    I've done this challenge twice, and ALWAYS get bored and give up by the the last 2...third time lucky, I will do it all!! Going to start again tomorrow I think, it's a good challenge :)
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,382 Member
    I tried it once and got half way through the yellow generation. Before stopping it, which I regret doing, it's a fun challenge to do.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,141 Member
    I watch Clare Siobhan doing this challenge, and it does kinda tempt me to have a go, but right now I have my own legacy save going on, so I don't know if I'll ever get round to it or not.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 979 Member
    I had fun with this challenge and it was actually the only challenge I've ever finished.
    Check out my latest Let's Play! The One.
    The-One001-Thumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,407 Member
    I currently have a save for it, but I'm only on the second generation, rose. I have so many saves that it takes forever to play all my saves in rotation and it's a slow progress. I will probably never finish the challenge, but it's okay, I enjoy playing it, as long as possible. :)
  • Options
    @manicobsessive I love Claire's series on this! She is able to inject so much drama and chaos into her streams that make it so fun to watch.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,141 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    @manicobsessive I love Claire's series on this! She is able to inject so much drama and chaos into her streams that make it so fun to watch.

I know! So sad it's nearly over. :'(
  • Options
    astrotealeafastrotealeaf Posts: 1 New Member
    I always get to the yellow gen and drop off on it. im about to restart the challenge again!
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I watch Kelsey challenge. She got me hooked on that and mods so I “blame” her 🤣

I watch Clare Siobhan doing this challenge, and it does kinda tempt me to have a go, but right now I have my own legacy save going on, so I don't know if I'll ever get round to it or not.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I'm currently doing the challenge and I'm at gray but he's still a child and I'm finishing yellow. Yellow wasn't my favorite because i don't tend to enjoy sims who can't have good relationships and it was so hard not to have them as her family was constantly bringing the friendship meter up so I kinda had to let that part go. So far I'm enjoying it. It's a rare legacy challenge for me
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yellow at the beginning was hard for me too. But I ended up enjoying it towards the end. I only had the less relationship when she was younger with her mom and then I had her have normal the rest of her life. Purple so far is my favorite. Not only my favorite color, but just so much is going on with that gen it's fun having to figure out how I want it all to go. Red Sim wasn't my fave.
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I'm currently doing the challenge and I'm at gray but he's still a child and I'm finishing yellow. Yellow wasn't my favorite because i don't tend to enjoy sims who can't have good relationships and it was so hard not to have them as her family was constantly bringing the friendship meter up so I kinda had to let that part go. So far I'm enjoying it. It's a rare legacy challenge for me

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited April 2022
    I’m on Red but she’s still a child. I’m playing with a longer lifespan so I don’t feel rushed and can tell a story with my gameplay.
  • Options
    swissreese79swissreese79 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey...can y'all help me? I read on other posts that you need the outdoor living pack to complete the green gen, but I'm confused why. I have time because I'm just starting, but a clarification would be awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    > @wylmite1986 said:
    > I watch Kelsey challenge. She got me hooked on that and mods so I “blame” her 🤣

LOL...same here!
  • Options
    Hey...can y'all help me? I read on other posts that you need the outdoor living pack to complete the green gen, but I'm confused why. I have time because I'm just starting, but a clarification would be awesome. Thanks!

It's because of the squeamish trait. If you don't want to purchase Outdoor Retreat, maybe you could substitute high maintenance.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member

You could pick another green trait icon. Both materialistic and jealous are green icons. As I went through the challenge that seemed to be the reason behind the traits picked. Each trait icon was the color of the Gen or as close as possible.
  • Options
    > @telemwill said:
    > It's because of the squeamish trait. If you don't want to purchase Outdoor Retreat, maybe you could substitute high maintenance.

Ah...that makes sense! Since I'm just starting this, I have a long way to go! My Mint sim just gave birth to the Rose heir, a boy named Redd (yep...Miss Originality here!). 😜