Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Karababy52 I am not all caught up on reading through your posts and comments properly so I'm sorry if you or someone else already addressed, but I did an experiment with alien genetics one haha. Only full alien babies will have the alien onesie - usually full alien babies are only born through abduction and when two full aliens have an alien baby, though I think it is possible for two alien hybrids/a hybrid and a full alien to have a baby too. Alien hybrids will have a regular onesie. Often they will have colorful skin if the alien parent did, but not always. I have seen aliens and hybrid with normal skin tones. The spellcaster bassinet means that Joe is probably a spellcaster, but he might be an alien hybrid too. Alien hybrids don't have a disguise but they do have a few unique social interactions with other aliens/hybrids, like a secret handshake. So when Joe ages up, you'll have to see if he has that option to know if he is truly considered a hybrid :)

ETA: thisis actual topic where I played around with alien genetics and if they have the ability to be passed down haha. It doesn't take into account other occult states though
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose

Thank you for the information and that link. I read the entire thread. :) Genetics are such an interesting thing in this game. It seems I won't know then if Joe is possibly a hybrid until he ages up. I guess there's still a remote chance he could be a spellcaster/alien hybrid with regular skin. I'm guessing though he's most likely a full spellcaster. Honestly, like I said in my comments back to someone, I think afai, that's fine with me. Makes things even more interesting for the story I have in mind for Joe and Cale. :)
    edited March 2022
    March 18

6ho6yHO.png
    Once upon a time, the Realm was a peaceful place for both spellcasters and vampires to practice their craft, side by side.
    8vCENe3.jpg

Young L. and Elle were the best of friends.
    7hiiRYG.png

They shared everything with each other - their secrets, the boys they found cute; they even practically shared a name!
    ipuQYar.png

L. was quite found of Simeon, while Elle only had eyes for Matthias, another young vampire. (Thanks @afai1261 for loaning him to me!)
    8cluvnn.png

Even the youngest of the spellcasters and vampires were friends as well, especially Inna Cents and Morgyn Ember.
    evaffuo.jpg

L. had a sister she was quite close to as well - Nessa - who tended to be quiet and engrossed in her gardening.
    k1QyxWS.jpg

And as they grew, they remained tight knit, especially as young romances blossomed.
    W16psWw.jpg
    aApTjHf.jpg

--
    So this backstory has been in the works all week, I've been chipping away at getting screenshots and I think I have all I need, but I'll finish tomorrow since I'm so tired tonight. I hope it all makes sense so far - I've really enjoyed putting this together!

Comments coming tomorrow if all goes well :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar08.jpg
    March 8: Devilish Dueler!

As morning arrived, D.J. gets up and heads downstairs to the kitchen. The sisters were getting ready for the day. Prue is sitting at the table going over magic books assumably. Piper is making breakfast. He understood why she ran a restaurant. All her food was delicious. Phoebe is making coffee. D.J.'s been making potions for the sisters as well as reading up on the magic books at the Magic HQ. He thought he'd have a little fun.

Since none of the sisters have acknowledged him in the doorway, he assumes they don't know he is there. Phoebe seemed like the playful one to D.J., so he whispers quietly a few magic words and a sparkle of yellow light starts to form around his hands. He waves them around making the light bigger and brighter. Just as he is about to fling the magic at her, Phoebe turns around and waves her hand. The light heading towards her disperses.

dj-03-041.jpg
    dj-03-042.jpg

"Nice try!" Phoebe says as she gives D.J. a grin. "You think you're ready for a duel?"
    "I'm willing to try!" D.J. responds. "I've been practicing since the day you showed me."
    "Are you sure about that, D.J.?" Prue asks. "I don't think you're ready to take us three on just yet."
    "HQ is also a magic school." Phoebe adds. "We could get some of the students there to duel him."
    "What do you say, D.J.?" Prue raises an eyebrow at him.
    "I'd like to try."
    "Then it's settled." Phoebe claps her hands. "I'll talk to the teachers and we'll set something up for this afternoon!"

dj-03-043.jpg
    dj-03-044.jpg

Later that afternoon, D.J. and the sisters meet up at the Magic HQ. There waiting, Phoebe had found four other teenagers who were practicing magic and were spellcasters of different levels. Three of them were like D.J. and became spellcasters by initiation. One claimed she thought she was born with magic. She was able to do magical things as far as she could remember as a child. There are two males and two females. After they all gather, they make their way to the dueling grounds. This was a safe area where duels could happen without having to worry about anything happening to the surrounding areas in case anything got out of hand.

dj-03-045.jpg

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Piper asks.
    "If I'm going to face my bully, I might as well see where I am at."
    "That's the spirit!" Phoebe exclaims.

dj-03-046.jpg

First up is Blaze Knox. He's been practicing magic for a long time, he considers himself a Master at being a spellcaster. He was doing basic magic tricks since he was a child, with cards and magic sets. He was seen by a spellcaster and offered to join the ranks as one when he got into high school.

dj-03-047.jpg
    dj-03-048.jpg
    dj-03-049.jpg
    dj-03-050.jpg
    dj-03-051.jpg
    dj-03-052.jpg
    dj-03-053.jpg

Next up is Raven Crowley. She started out practicing dark magic on her own. She was approached by the Sages and was convinced to eventually practice the lighter side. She still gets urges to do dark magic, but hasn't done anything to harm another Sim. The Halliwell sisters are still trying to move Raven away from the darker magic. If she can control herself in duels, the Sages think she has a chance. If she can't, she'll have her powers bound and won't be able to practice any magic.

dj-03-054.jpg
    dj-03-055.jpg
    dj-03-056.jpg
    dj-03-057.jpg
    dj-03-058.jpg
    dj-03-059.jpg
    dj-03-060.jpg

After walking off the hard slam to the ground, it was time for D.J. to face Paige. Paige Matthews remembers having some type of magical powers when she was a child and thinks she was born with it. She is adopted and never knew her real parents and believes they were spellcasters. How she found the magic realm is unbeknownst to the Halliwell sisters.

dj-03-061.jpg
    dj-03-062.jpg
    dj-03-063.jpg
    dj-03-064.jpg
    dj-03-065.jpg
    dj-03-066.jpg
    dj-03-067.jpg

After helping Paige up and making sure she was okay, there was one last duel. Pete Lowery is a nerd brain spellcaster. He's more into creating potions and doing magic that way. He was concocting potions in the science lab at school when he was noticed and approached by a higher spellcaster. He is a slow learner when it comes to non-potion magic, but he is willing to give it a go.

dj-03-068.jpg
    dj-03-069.jpg
    dj-03-070.jpg
    dj-03-071.jpg
    dj-03-072.jpg
    dj-03-073.jpg
    dj-03-074.jpg

"Oh, a tie." Phoebe smiles. "I guess I'll be the tie breaker." She motions towards D.J. to begin a duel with her.

dj-03-075.jpg
    dj-03-076.jpg
    dj-03-077.jpg
    dj-03-078.jpg
    dj-03-079.jpg
    dj-03-080.jpg
    dj-03-081.jpg

As D.J pushes himself up, Phoebe gives him a nod. "Not bad, but you need more practice."
    "I don't think I'll ever be able to defeat a Sage!" D.J. exclaims.
    "Don't try and defeat. Try to be successful. That is a true way to win." Piper interjects.

The spellcasters all gather together again before leaving back to the HQ congratulating one another or offering tips how to succeed. D.J. walks up to Paige and asks her if she's all right and apologizes if he hurt her.

"My ego is more sore than my body. You did great out there against me. Don't apologize. Hopefully we can duel again for a rematch."

dj-03-082.jpg

Side Notes:
    • This will probably be one of my few very image heavy daily image posts. I wanted to show off the duels as much as possible. Had a lot of fun taking all the screenshots and deciding which 7 of each to display.
    • I think one of my favorites is the reactions of the Sages (Halliwell sisters) during each duel. Their facial expressions are priceless! :lol:
    • After D.J.'s duel with Paige, he autonomously went over to her and did a 'Flatter' action. I had to select another spellcaster to make them sit back down on the bench. I have autonomous on for a non selected Sim, so when I switched...D.J. took over himself. I thought it was funny. Then, when I gathered them all together, she approached him and started talking. I decided for the story, that he initiated the conversation.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    February 19 - The Spy Who Poached Me

veronicaq-at-narwhal-arm.png
    It was still raining when Veronica arrived at The Narwhal Arms. She looked around and didn't think much of the place. She opened the door and heard loud music and a lot of laughter. The club was quite busy, which would only help her hide amongst the crowd.

the-place-was-pcked-when-she-arrived.png

She looked around and noticed that there were two dance crews here tonight. She recognized the one group. The Boom Shakers, an all-girl group, who were led by Candy Behr's sister, Yuki. She had heard about them from one of the Starlight members, and they were definitely not a threat to the Starlights. The dance crew was uncoordinated, and hardly practiced when they were together. Their Captain, Yuki, had much to learn about leading a winning dance crew.

so-this-was-the-new-group.png

She looked closely at the other crew, and then she thought she recognized someone. She had to look twice, and when she realized who it was, she let out a little gasp.

omg-he-was-good.png

Veronica thinking: "Was that Dylan? Oh my gosh, he is part of this dance crew. The one called the Chain Breakers." She stood there a moment just watching him in disbelief.

Dylan at the moment was doing a light spin.

dylan-spinning.png

Veronica watched in horror as he nailed the spin and then saw Jade Rosa walk up to him and show him some techniques.

giving-some-techniques.png

Veronica thinking: "What the heck is Jade doing here? It looks like....oh gosh...No! She is mentoring them? This is unbelievable! How the heck does she even know any of them? They are all teens! And why is she helping them? She is a traitor to her alma mater! How could she! She was a Starlight once and wouldn't be where she was now without the Starlights dance crew."

Veronica saw some other members of the Chain Breakers and realized that they were all rather good. And then she saw two members who made her stomach turn. Wolfgang and Morgan.

amd-morgan-and-wolfgang.png

Veronica thinking: "Renegades in the dance crew! This is like a nightmare! And Morgan is in the Chain Breakers? Dang!" Veronica remembered Morgan's audition for the Starlights and how she had thought that Morgan was rather good, possibly better than herself. Morgan seemed to be a threat to her, and when Morgan had finished her audition, Veronica had flatly turned her down and accepted Sofia Bjergsen into the Starlights Dance Crew. Veronica had been rather scathing to Morgan about it too, laughing and calling her a clumsy sim with absolutely no dance talent. Veronica thought that she had destroyed Morgan's confidence about ever auditioning for another dance crew again, but somehow, Morgan had auditioned for the Chain Breakers, and was now a member. Veronica felt rather uneasy when she surveyed them all working hard on some dance moves. This was not good.

hugging-morgan.png

Veronica turned her back and busied herself at the bar. She had to think. It wasn't enough that Dylan was in a rival dance crew, and from the looks of it, he outshone all of them. She still wanted him for herself, but would have to wait until after the competition to make him hers. But for Dylan and Morgan to be in the same dance crew together...and seemed...they seemed rather chummy together...that part almost made her shout forbidden words. Her mind was filled with rage at the thought of them together...and then she thought of Sofia. Had Sofia known that Dylan was a member of a dance crew when Veronica had seen them out dancing together at Discoteque Pan Europa? If Sofia had known, it was against the Starlight Code, and would mean immediate dismissal for Sofia from the Starlights. Sofia was a good dancer, but there were so many other dancers out there who could replace her. In fact, maybe one of the Chain Breakers could be swayed to leave the Chain Breakers dance crew and join the Starlights. Yes, break up the Chain Breakers! What a great idea!

they-were-all-good.png

And at that thought, Veronica smiled to herself. She now had a delicious plan in her mind. Lure several members of the Chain Breakers to the Starlights, and then ditch them all on the night of the Dance-Off Competition. Because of competition rules, the names of the dancers had to be submitted the night before the competition, so it would be too late for the Captain of the Chain Breakers to submit their names as dancers on the crew. And of course, she would never list them for the Starlights. What a great idea! Veronica hadn't yet figured out who the Captain of the Chain Breakers was...but she would soon know. Now, who of the Chain Breakers could she work her charms on?

Veronica surveyed the Chair Breakers again, and saw two members who looked like prime targets for her plan.

she-had-to-break-up-the-group.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Veronica didn't have to wait long, as one of her targets sat down next to her at the bar.

Veronica: "Oh hi...I just wanted to tell you what great moves you have. The way you move your hips...you are just such a good dancer. What dance crew are you in?" she said batting her eyes at him.

hi-there-i-like-your-moves.png

DJ was taken aback with this rather cute sim saying how she had watched him on the dance floor, "Oh...you were watching me? I was just practicing this dance move called the Jimmy Leg. I'm part of the Chain Breakers, and we're going to be competing in a Dance-Off Competition..." he replied smiling at her.

Veronica: "Oh...that is so awesome. I am sure that you are the best dancer of the group...you're not the Captain are you?"

he-looks-just-like-the-type.png

DJ: "The Captain of the Chain Breakers? Oh wow...no, it's not me. Actually, that guy over there is a Team Captain..." he replied pointing towards Wolfgang.

Veronica huddled lower so Wolfgang wouldn't see her, "Oh, he looks so...fierce..."

So Wolfgang was the Captain of the Chain Breakers. Who would have figured? Veronica didn't want to be seen talking to anyone, so decided to go somewhere else, "Um...do you mind if we continue this conversation outside? I need a bit of fresh air..." [Note: Veronica certainly got fooled into thinking that Wolfgang was the Captain.]

DJ: "Yeah...sure...I was thinking of getting some air myself..."

cale-looking-at-her.png

As Veronica was about to go out the door, she caught the eye of another Chain Breaker dance member. He glanced at her and just seemed to drop what he was doing and headed out the door with them.

looks-like-two-of-them-are-interested.png

She went outside, and both DJ and this other dance member followed her. Oh how nice. Two of them are interested in her. How convenient.

DJ: "Oh hi Cale! Getting some air, too?"

Cale nodded casually: "Yeah...just some air..."

DJ realized he had forgotten something in the club, and said he would be right back. And then Veronica was alone with Cale.

Cale: "I noticed you in the club and thought I'd introduce myself. The name's Cale..."

Veronica: "Nice to meet you Cale. Are the two of you friends??"

Cale: "Well, we're in the same dance crew...the Chain Breakers. Are you his girlfriend or something? I didn't know that DJ had such a hot girlfriend like you..."

Veronica flirted with Cale, "Oh, er...DJ and I are just friends...and I am VERY single..."

Cale saw DJ coming towards them, "Good to know. Alright, maybe another time then..." he said and walked briskly back to the club.

ugh-i-need-to-apply-some-performe.png

Veronica was miffed at Cale's reaction. But then when she thought about it, it would have been rather awkward if both of them had been there. She was planning on using every trick she had to convince DJ to quit the Chain Breakers...and she was so sure he would. He was like putty in her hands.

Veronica smiled sweetly when DJ walked up to her.

Veronica: "Oh, I missed you so much. I'm so glad you're back."

DJ: "Sorry about that...I just let them know I was leaving for the night in case we were having another dance routine practice..."

Veronica: "But it's so late! You work so hard for your dance crew...they are so lucky to have you..."

DJ laughed, "Yeah, I guess. We meet every night for practice, and it's taking a bit of a toll on me. I've never been in a dance crew before, so really don't know what goes on..."

Veronica: "But I bet you get all kinds of perks, like massages, and soaks in the hot tub...you are so lucky..."

DJ looked at her with a puzzled expression, "Um...no...we don't get any of those perks..."

Veronica: "Really? That's a shame...every dancer should be pampered...especially a good dancer like yourself. Maybe you should think about joining another dance crew who REALLY know how to pamper their dancers?"

baby-i-need-you-near-me.png

DJ: "I don't know...I think all the other dance crews are full..."

Veronica: "Oh, but you're wrong...the Starlights are always looking for new members. You know, they are the best dance crew in Windenburg...and a dancer with your calibre...well, you should really be a Starlight. And the Starlights really know how to pamper their dancers. And all that fame. When you walk into a club, you are immediately surrounded...your name up in lights...the crowd going wild just seeing you...it's a rush..."

DJ had a glazed look in his eyes just thinking about what she said.

Veronica: "Oh, yes...a young, strong, virile guy like yourself would be so sought after...I would really have no chance with you at all..." she said faking a pout.

DJ shook his head, "What? No chance with me? What are you talking about? Oh gosh! You are so cute...I would be like...geez...I mean I'd be interested in you...I mean I am interested in you...oh gosh...I'm sorry I never introduced myself. I'm DJ."

yeah-ill-tell-dylan-tomorrow.png

Veronica thought that this was all too easy, "Oh DJ...you're interested in me?" Veronica deliberately did not mention her name, "I would really like to get to know you better, but, I can't. You see, I'm a Starlight, and we have a rule that I can't associate with a member of another dance crew during competition month. It just pains me, because, well...I just...I just feel we get along so well..."

DJ: "Yeah....yeah I think we do...so a rule....couldn't you break a rule this once?"

Veronica: "Oh DJ...I can't...I'd be out of the Starlights...but if you were a Starlight, too...we could be...you know...together..."

o-guess-it-doesnt-matter-what-group-i-belong-to.png

DJ thought about what she said, "Well, maybe I should be a Starlight then...I mean from everything you've told me...it sounds like the best dance crew to be in..."

Veronica took DJ's hand in hers, "Oh it is...you won't be sorry you switched. And believe me, you're already in," she winked at him, "In fact, why don't we get out of here, and we can get to know each other a bit better..."

DJ swallowed, "Oh yeah...baby I'm yours..."

Veronica smiled and thought, "Oh yes you are..."

dj-how-nice-to-see-you.png

As they walked away from the club, Veronica moved closer to DJ and took his hand in hers and smiled at him. He said he had to go, but promised he would come to the Starlight practice the following night.

Veronica smiled at DJ as he waved good-bye.

you-do-that-dear-dj.png

She stayed there for a moment, and then heard a noise behind her. Well, look who just happened to come along. It was Cale walking her way!

1-down-and-now-for-more-drama.png

Veronica: "Oh Cale, I am so happy to see you. I got turned around and lost my way. I need to get to the ferry..."

Cale smiled at her: "Well, it's your lucky night. I'll be happy to bring you to the ferry..."

Veronica: "Oh I am forever in your debt..." she replied smiling flirtatiously with him, "You know, I didn't want to say anything in front of DJ, but I was watching you dance at the club. One of the reasons I had to get some fresh air...I was just getting so HOT watching you..."

you-are-such-a-good-dancer-too-bad-your-with-a-group-i-really-want-you-for-the-starlights.png

Veronica thought back to the club. Oh yeah...she had watched him all right...going from girl to girl. Cale was a player...and he really liked the company of female sims.

Cale raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

Veronica gave a little laugh, "I was actually going to chat with you but then DJ came over...and well...I just couldn't get away. He's nice and all, but he's just not my type..."

Cale smiled: "I see....and what type are you looking for?"

Veronica: "Well...I like the type of guy who will bring a girl to the ferry. Know anyone like that?"

Cale: "Oh, I think I know someone...." he replied slowly.

cale-hun-could-you-bring-me-home.png

Veronica: "You know Cale...I don't want to speak ill of your dance crew...but you are just wasting your talents there. I am surprised you aren't a Starlight. You have all the right stuff, you know..."

Cale: "A Starlight? Me? I thought it was hard to get into that dance crew..."

Veronica: "Well, I can put in a good word for you. I'm a Starlight, you know..."

Cale: "Wow! You're a Starlight? It figures. I heard that all the girls on the Starlight dance crew were super gorgeous..."

Veronica lowered her eyes, "Oh Cale, you're making me blush. I'm really not gorgeous..."

Cale moved closer to her, "Oh but you are....I wouldn't mind going out sometime..."

Veronica: "Well, what about tomorrow night? I have a Starlight dance practice, and then....oh, but wait...I have a great idea! Why don't you come with me to the Starlight practice...and then you can meet everyone...get to know them...and then join the Starlights. I know you will look sooo good in the dance crew outfit. You will be so famous, Cale. A hot commodity...all the female fans will be screaming your name..."

Cale: "Really? The female fans? That sounds cool. Yeah, okay, count me in..."

ty-for-walking-me-to-tyhe-ferrt-cale-maybe-youd-like-to-come-to-my-place-for-awhile.png

Veronica smiled at Cale as he walked her to the ferry.

Veronica thinking: "That's two down. And now to add some more drama to the mix," she thought laughing, "Oh, those poor sad souls, they will never know what hit them. If only I could convince Dylan to be a Starlight, then everything would be perfect..." But then again, Veronica had other plans for Dylan.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Poaching in this instance means "stealing" away a member of another dance crew. It is a term used in business, when someone can "poach" a client from another firm.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 19
    69uLoJ9.png
    Aaron's emotions were in turmoil, and when Morgyn and Robin greeted him with cheers as soon as he arrived at the Magic Realm HQ after he set fire to his selfie with Hunter, he lashed out and swore at them.
    DRNHdHu.png

He stalked off to the Gardens to fish in solitude, ignoring the shocked look that Robin had given him in the split second before he turned away. Maybe one day he'd apologise and thank her, as well as Adam and Cale for letting him stay with them for a brief while.
    m8wnm7Q.png
    KmimMZB.png

Today was not that day. When he returned to HQ, she was nowhere to be found, but there was Simeon, gazing at him curiously.
    "Duel with me?" Aaron asked gruffly, and Simeon raised an eyebrow in surprise.
    "Given your current emotional state, I don't think that would be wise, Mr. Winterson..." Aaron only glared at him in response, and Simeon shrugged and readied himself.
    K9J3yzX.png
    P6uJtVm.png
    DEoY5Ue.png

Aaron picked himself up off the ground, freshly fuming from yet another loss against the sage of practical magic and went off to find his mischief counterpart, L.
    "Again?" she asked with a sly grin. "I think you'll find that I will, what do the kids call it again? Whoop your a$$."
    twpgapI.png
    wD5nwha.png
    6Xn7Ki1.png

She was right, of course, Aaron stared up at the high ceilings, yet another wave of anger washing over him. His breathing was faster now, more frantic, and he had to win a duel... to forget. Forget Hunter... get a rare artifact...
    "Come on, Rasmodius," he muttered to his Sixam Owl as he stood.
    6yccays.png
    (When he bought his wand from Caster's Alley, the Sixam Owl familiar orb was also there, and so I had Aaron get one. He's named after the Wizard from the game Stardew Valley :smiley: )

"Simeon!" he barked as soon as L had left for another area of HQ, and Simeon shook his head.
    "Mr. Winterson... I think you'll find it in your best interests if I do not accept your challenge."
    Aaron felt that familiar crackling of energy run up his arms again, but he ignored it and raised his wand.
    "It's your funeral, boy," Simeon growled.
    87PwCom.png

The feeling of being flipped like a human pancake was all too familiar to Aaron now as he lost control of his body and Simeon let out a cry of triumph.
    HVy5Hmo.png

Aaron landed flat on his face, the pain and humiliation of losing three duels in a row amplified by something else, something strange... And it wasn't the sensation of being about to overcharge, this was something else entirely...
    (You're... you're cursed!) his familiar spoke in his mind, and he glanced up, raising his hands still crackling with energy. Curse???
    C2y2mod.png

He barely had time to pause and wonder just what Rasmodius meant, when Adam walked up to him like he was on a mission, and raised a fist...
    "What the hell, Adam?!"
    5Lny0Pj.png
    oLNeTpZ.png
    M5Lpezu.png

Aaron dusted off his hands and glared down at Adam, who held a hand to his forehead.
    lsOpPPE.png

... Why did winning a fist fight feel so good?
    (whoop... guess what curse this man got from losing those duels?)

Post edited by afai1261 on
    I was going to get to comments after putting my update up, but it's past 1am (genuinely I need to freaking stop doing this) and I am tired and headache-y so am currently afflicted with the inability to articulate my thoughts properly. Comments later today after I get some sleep :)
    edited March 2022
    Hi All:

Comment time! Have a great day/night everyone! I have finally downloaded Realm of Magic. There's an EA sale on. Yes! I might have a chance for Dylan to go in at the end of the month, but not sure he will be able to . It's month end at work, and I will be super busy. We shall see how things go. :)

@permanentrose -
    Mar 18 - I love how you are developing lore in your story. I love all the spellcasters aged down to kids. lol I have a feeling that some love interest went wrong and that is what caused things to go awry...or...some other intruder entered the scene. Can't wait to read the next update. Cute shot of Inna and Morgyn. lol

@afai1261 -
    So sorry I didn't read all of March's updates, so I went back and read your March updates on your lore. I feel so sad that Hunter and Aaron are apart. But understand. Hunter drank uncontrollably from Aaron. And then that letter to him. And Aaron setting the selfie on fire of the two of them! Wow! That was intense! Mar 18 - Things don't seem to get any better for Aaron, losing 3 duels in a row, and then getting cursed. And then he and Adam have a fight, and Aaron wins and feels good about it. Aaron is beyond mad at this point, I would say. His life is going down the tubes...he definitely needs some guidance...from someone... :(

@Karababy52 -
    Mar 17 - Oh Cale...I think it is time to give birth...no time to see L, get yourself to a hospital. And how funny that Ze Therapist is there to deliver the baby...although in actuality, it is Maralyn Savant who does the actual delivery. And it's a boy! And a spellcaster! Very cool. Also like the name that you gave him. Joe L. fits really well with the story, too. Mar 18 - And now home, Cale has no clue what to do with his baby. Thankfully, the doctor gave him her number and he went to get some supplies. Joe seems to be a good baby, but really likes to be held a lot. Thank goodness the Watcher was there to lend some sage advice! And so, little Joe sleeps peacefully, and so does Cale, who is quite exhausted.

@RememberJoy -
    March 18 - Very sad that they have to return to Kaori's grandparents house...and someone is there with an offer to sell the house. I guess that is a good thing. And then after settling Kaori and Carol in, Adam returns to the haunted house, and Temperance makes an entrance, although she disappears into the house. Luckily Adam was gifted that doll, which will come in handy so Temperance can't summon more spirits. Ugh! Adam...this doesn't look too good.

@LegacySims2017 -
    Mar 8 - I love seeing all the screenshots of the duels. So cool. DJ defeats Paige and she promises to have a rematch with him. Love all the shots of bodies being flung all over the place. At least DJ didn't get cursed.
    edited March 2022
    @Karababy52
    Honestly my very, very FIRST thought was that Aaron would end up dead somehow and then Hunter would kill himself or something Romeo and Juliet style
    Oh gosh this is much darker than I ever hope to go with this story O.O You're right, no I would never do that.
    Oh man, that note is seriously heart-breaking to read in full. I'm glad it was actually longer than the excerpt you posting previously. Oh God, Aaron's reaction, burning the photo of the two of them. Wow! I don't blame him, but you're choking me up again here. So dang sad. :'(:'(
    Yeah when I wrote up my March 9 post, I didn't know exactly what I wanted the note to say but I did want that phrase in it somewhere. It took me far longer than it should have to write it up in full haha but I'm glad the emotion came across.
    Because Aaron is a hothead I felt like he would react in a way that was very rash, and his emotions about the whole thing is what's going to send him spiraling out of control. And so that's why he set fire to the photo.
    Whoa! Jaxon is seriously gorgeous in disguise AND in his true alien form! <3
    Fun fact about Jaxen: he is Regan's uncle and Malachi's alien father :smiley:

~~~
    Mar 18: What a cute daily pic! Also I noticed that Cale shaved ;)
    "Nobody or nothing was going to take him away" - oh no... is Aurora's dad still going to come down and collect Joe? Because then this is some good foreshadowing for how hard Cale will fight to get his son back if it does come to that! Unless Eros comes down and sees that Joe isn't purple and goes "what this is not an alien" lol
    This whole update is adorable and NO I definitely did not tear up when he was singing to Joe, nope! Okay I totally did lol it was very sweet
    Aww poor Cale, his face when Joe is crying and he can't calm him down :cry:
    And now I'm even more impatient for when Cale gets to be a daddy in my game, I'm beginning to regret having such long pregnancies LOL

@RememberJoy
    Mar 18: Poor Adam in the daily pic :cry:
    I feel so bad for this little family!
    Ooh I like this Stuart guy! And he's found a buyer for the house!
    I love how Adam interacts with Carol, he's such a good father!
    Temperance! Quick, summon Bonehilda! ;) I actually love Temperance though haha, she's a fun character. I had no idea that the spectres could give the idol to protect against Temperance!

@permanentrose
    Mar 18: I love that daily pic so much, the pose is so cute! And I love that L and Elle were best friends in the past!
    Oh and there's my little guy, he looks great as a kid! Love that the suit matches his eyes haha.
    The pic of little Morgyn and Inna still kills me lol
    Nessa's going to die isn't she
    Aw that pic with Simeon and L at the cauldron, Morgyn and Inna playing chess, Elle and Matthias and I assume that's Nessa there reading... it's such a lovely scene and I really wonder what happened to cause such a rift between spellcasters and vampires...
    Elle looks so much like Morgan Fyres in that last pic! I guess it's because from this angle her hair covers her eyebrows lol and that was the main thing that set her apart from Morgan haha. Love that posed pic of the two couples, Matthias is looking wonderful in your game. I've actually never played him in live mode so it's fun to see someone else using him instead :D Even if it is just for a story.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!

@LegacySims2017
    Mar 8: Awesome pics of all of those duels, and massive props to DJ for winning two of them!
    Haha I love that he tried to sneakily cast a spell on Phoebe :joy:
    I like all of those teens he dueled, and love how you included their backstories :) Blaze is very handsome, love his outfit!
    I love Raven too, she looks super cool!
    You'll defeat Phoebe in a duel one day, DJ!

@SoulGal7
    Feb 19: Oof Veronica thought Morgan was better than her?! Oh dang!
    Oh and now her ultimate plan is to break up the Chain Breakers... Argh!
    DJ! Oh no... And I'm not surprised that Cale did what he does best LOL he sees a hot lady and his eyes just go YES :joy:
    Okay Veronica is certainly working her magic on DJ, isn't she? And he's falling right for it!
    And now Cale is falling for it too... Oh heck when DJ doesn't show up for Chain Breakers practice, I predict things are going to get out of hand very fast! She's nabbed Cale now? Oh Dylan will not be happy when he sees that two of his crew members have deserted! Can't wait to see what happens next and how everything is going to fall apart...
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 19th: Magical Training

Zf2SRmy.png

I'm sorry, it's going to be a short update today, it was a busy day.
    Today we focused on Kaori's magical training. She was able to win three duels and graduated to Adept spellcaster.
    We started out with some training from myself.
    5BRY54g.png
    First duel.
    aWNJq0F.png
    Second duel.
    8L5tmmF.png
    Third duel and first time beating Gemma.
    c1BiS41.png
    Getting some training from Morgyn.
    IKVTMkU.png
    Practicing delicioso spell until reaching Adept.
    tKS6xS5.png
    I also got my butt kicked by Morgyn again.
    MwpcqQa.png
    It was a good day!
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 19: "There really are places in the heart you don't know exist, until you have a child."

fjeVrWO.png

Notes
    fHlmhNh.png
    About an hour after Cale was supposed to meet L., she showed up at his door.
    "Cale! Oh Thank goodness you're alright! When you didn't show up, I was so worried."
    "I'm fine, and so is the baby. With everything that happened, I forgot to call you. I'm sorry."

RMmQmOD.png
    "Say what now? Baby? What baby?"
    "My baby, I wasn't really sick at all, I was pregnant."

zckX10I.png
    "Yeah, my back started to hurt really bad and then I got these pains in my stomach that kept getting worse. I thought I was dying. So I transportalated to a hospital and gave birth about 30 minutes later."

OpuBi6X.png
    "Noooo, Really? Seriously? You're not pulling my leg or anything. I love a good joke, but come on..."
    "Seriously! He's in the living room sleeping in his bassinet right now."

rmfNxvY.png
    "Ehehehe Ahahaha! You had a baby! A baby! Oh Honey, that is just SO funny!"
    "Didn't feel funny, that's for sure!"

0FxpYQS.png
    "MUWAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh how ironic, I always thought you'd get some girl pregnant, not the other way around! *Gigglesnort* *Snort* "HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry for laughing Cale, it's not funny, but it IS just so...hilarious! Some girl got the biggest horndog I know next to Josh pregnant. HAHAHAHAhehehehe!"

imrWROP.png
    "I know right!?"
    "You must've been so surprised!"
    "I was so shocked, I fainted!"
    "You...fainted? *snort* I...I...HAHAHAHA Oh MAN! EheheheHAHAMUWAHAHAHA!"

YfIkm7i.png
    "Okay, okay, breath L. just breath...okay *snort* hehe! *deep breath* I really do apologize for laughing, you just caught me off guard. That was the last thing I expected to hear."
    "It's okay, really! I know, me too."

hajcvj5.png
    "Would you like to see him?"
    "Yes, of course, I'd love to!"
    "Okay, come on. He was asleep, but maybe he's awake now. But you can still take a look anyway."

qQ1kCRl.png
    "Oh Honey, he's precious from what I can see."
    "He is! Very precious and so sweet. Oh! He's awake, good. Hi little guy, there's someone here I want you to meet."
    "bleppfftblebloboba"

nV1OXKi.png
    "Oh, I haven't heard a baby's voice since...I don't remember. Such a lovely sound."

pd42lie.png
    "Here he is! My Son. Isn't he the most handsome baby you've ever seen? Well, he's a bit grumpy at the moment, must've just woke up, but just ignore that. I love him so much."

y2NQUrh.png
    "Oh Cale, yes, he is, very handsome! Just like his Daddy. Have you given him a name yet?"

6rjjdJ2.png
    "Yeah. I named him after two of the most important people in my life right now, Joel, and you, L. His name is Joe L. Conrad. I just call him little Joe though."

4bdMbDd.png
    "Oh, oh, I think I'm going to cry. You named your Son after me? I...I...don't know what to say. What a sweet thing to do Honey. Oh my heart..."

EOTyNcf.png
    "Well see, Joel is my big brother, my best friend. And you, you've always been there for me when I needed you. Even when I didn't deserve it. I owe a lot to you L., you saved my life too...and....well, I love you! You're like my second Mom or something."
    "You have grown and matured so much. I'm honored to be your second Mom Cale and I love you too Sweetie."

lA7hXGL.png
    Cale showed L. some pictures the birthing machine took of Joe's birth and a few Dr. Savant took of Cale holding Joe right after he was born.

"Oh my, those are just darling. You look so scared at first, but then so happy holding Joe."
    "I was, both, yeah."

7ci2KMs.png
    "So tell me, who's Joe's Mother? You haven't said anything about her yet."

XlWCvCp.png
    "That's just the thing, I don't know!"
    "You don't know? How is that poss-- Oh! Wait! I get it, were you abducted Cale?"

lN0jrBq.png
    "I guess so, at least according to this Bozo Therapist I went to see."
    "You went to see a Therapist? Why?"
    "I didn't know he was a Therapist, I thought he was a Doctor. I was so sick and then I started gaining weight. I'd been eating a lot more than usual so figured that was why. I kept gaining and gaining though. I didn't know what to think. Then the tumor moved and I freaked out."

tQjZkyy.png
    "Tumor? What? Oh, wait you mean Joe moved. Okay. How did you not know you were pregnant though? You knew aliens abduct and impregnate men, didn't you?"
    "No, I didn't. I didn't know aliens were even real. All I remember is going jogging and then I woke up in my bedroom a couple hours later. I thought I blacked out from being sick, not from being abducted."

jglP0PC.png
    "You must've been abducted when you were jogging dear. I don't know how you ended up in your bedroom though. But that's the only explanation. You were abducted and impregnated by an alien."
    "Gah! Maybe. But why isn't Joe green or something? Why does he look, act and sound normal? Does he look like an alien to you?"
    "No, he doesn't, but he's just a baby. I've read of babies that look normal aging into their true form later."

cjpGfHe.png
    "So, you think Joe could still be an alien?"
    "Maybe, I guess it's possible. If he isn't, then something else happened to you."
    "Gawd! This is all so unbelievable. I don't know what to think anymore. I'm just a kid L., how am I supposed to take care of and provide for a kid? I don't know if I can do it by myself and it terrifies me!"

mce330c.png
    "Oh Honey, come here, you don't have to take care of him by yourself. I'll help you and I'm sure all your friends will too. We'll figure this out. Don't worry."
    "I'll try. I really don't know if I want to know though. Why do I need to figure out who is Joe's Mom? What's the point? She obviously doesn't care or this wouldn't have happened in secret, right?"
    "Hmm, that's a good point. Don't worry about that now, focus on Joe. You'll be fine Honey, I promise.I better go now, but I'll give you a call tomorrow and we'll talk some more. In the meanwhile, don't worry about your studies, take some time off and just take care of your Son, he needs you. We'll figure out where to go from there."
    "Okay, thanks L., I'm so glad you came to my door that day."
    "I am too. Bye for now Honey!"
    "Bye."

Yqof6jI.png
    (Hey Little Joe, it's just you and me again.)

3UUWu0o.png
    "We don't need your Mama, do we? No we don't, no we don't. She doesn't deserve a handsome little guy like you. I'll be your Daddy AND your Mommy, okay?"
    "Googa goo goo bleblo pfffffft"
    "hehehe Oh man, I just love you so much Joe. I think it's time we went to bed now. Don't worry, I'll always be here to take care of you and love you, forever..."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited March 2022
    *Updated my March 19th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies but since it's so late, I might not get them finished until in the morning again. I apologize for that... Have a great week ahead everyone! <3
    @permanentrose
    Interesting lore you have going so far for spellcasters/vampires! Love all the Sims aged down, they're so dang cute! <3 Love the different couples as well. Can't wait to see where you're going with this! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Cute how DJ tried to secretly cast a spell on Phoebe. hehe Too bad it didn't work. Ooo, I love seeing all the duels with DJ and the other spellcaster students! He actually pretty darn good there beating two of them. Of course, Piper beat him, but she's a Sage. They're tough! I think Paige and DJ might have a tiny crush on each other since the autonomously got together. Oh, and I love DJ's outfit, he looks very sophisticated, yet casual cool. Great choice! :)

@SoulGal7
    Ohhh Veronica is so deliciously devious! >:) Not surprised both DJ and Cale fell for her feminine wiles. hehe So funny she thinks Wolfgang is the Captain. Boy is she in for a surprise! I have a feeling Cale and DJ won't be so happy once they find out she's been playing them both for fools. Sorry Honey, you're not going to win! So mean what she did to Morgan too. Veronica is such a piece of work, I love it! hehe Great update! :)

Congrats on getting ROM! Yay! I hope you love playing with Spellcasters as much as I do! You're in for a treat, the Realm is absolutely gorgeous and Glimmerbrook is gorgeous too in my opinion.

Ze Therapist was actually just at the hospital to see one of his patients, but almost got roped into delivering Cale's baby because all the other Doctors were seemingly busy with other patients, but then Maralyn walked inside. Lucky for Cale! I was SO wishing he was actually there to deliver the baby. Think how hilarious that would've been! :D

Yep, Cale is really just a kid himself now raising a baby. He has somewhat of an idea how to take care of Joe, but not really. He'll find out though. I can't wait until Joe ages up to a toddler. Then he'll really see what it's like raising a small child. hehe Joe is a good baby though, he really doesn't cry that much, which is good since I can't stand the sound of crying babies in this game. o.O

@afai1261
    Oh man, the look on Aaron's face in your daily pic...says it all. o.O Wow, swearing at Robin and Adam, Gah, poor guy, he's in a very, very dark place right now. :'( Oh man, dueling and losing to Simeon twice and L. once right in a row. No wonder he got cursed. Ah, he got the curse of Unwarranted Hostility. How appropriate considering how he's feeling right now. Adam must've still been miffed about Aaron swearing at him anyway. That look on Aaron's face...if looks could kill R.I.P. Adam. o.O

Oh yeah, I know you wouldn't do that, don't even know why that thought crossed my mind. Yes, the emotions came through quite clearly, very heartbreaking to read. :( I figured Aaron might do something rash like that. Hot headed Sims fly into a rage and get angry SO easily. Cale is angry almost every single time he wakes up! It just gets overwhelmed with other moodlets so he doesn't experience it very often.

Ohhhh, I love that! Thanks for the insight into his genetics. Very cool! Gah, I've said it a million times, but you make such gorgeous Sims it's no wonder their offspring are gorgeous too! :)

Actually the game MADE him shave when he had Joe. I hate when it does that, makes them wear situational stuff or takes off their CC for them. He didn't have eyelashes while giving birth either and when I had him change out of the gown he still had on when back home, I didn't notice he'd lost his beard. I took all those screenshots before I noticed and didn't have the energy or the heart to shoot them all over. I wondered if anyone would notice. :D He has it back now. I toyed with the idea that maybe the hospital made him shave or something for 'sterile' reasons and just not give it back to him for awhile. But nah, I love that beard! <3 So we'll just pretend that never happened. ;)

Um, well, I'll just say that yes, Eros will be paying Cale a visit and leave it at that. ;) Don't want to spoil anything. I'm so glad you liked the song Cale sang to Joe. Of course it's a real song, I changed up some words here and there pretending Cale made them up since he forgot how the song went. hehe It was fun, took way longer than it should've looking up words that made sense and rhymed together, but it was fun!

Cale's actions, his face and freaking out over Joe crying were actually autonomous! I didn't know he'd do that since I didn't tell him to 'Shhh' Joe or anything. It cracked me up! hehe But I felt bad for him too, of course. Aww, I am enjoying playing Cale as a Dad, that's for sure. He's such a sweetheart to little Joe. I think he's going to be a great single Dad to little Joe. Well, I'm going to make him one is what I mean, but you get it. :) I can't wait to see what kind of Dad he is in your game too since he'll be a fully autonomous one would be my guess!
    edited March 2022
    March 20
    *No commentary today because I procrastinated and I'm tired lol
    BApqwSQ.png
    fiDL49n.png
    6BQIRUZ.png
    FQ8RVVK.png

3kZT4p3.png
    P0yjku9.png
    JXDVdYI.png
    V5InaEk.png
    zVupwaY.png

ZAKxqfB.png
    WmMOddi.png
    dQ9QZ14.png

B0D1R3Z.png
    HgE8Plu.png
    lhgtPZu.png
    vG4SaPQ.png
    DMcR9VD.png
    (yes that's Maris in a different outfit)

p42ESLg.png
    (I do feel like I should explain why he appears to be shouting forbidden words all the time - he's going through the Loud phase so he yells all the freaking time but here it's actually good for storytelling as he, um, loses it)

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited March 2022
    @RememberJoy
    Mar 19: Haha I love Carol in the daily pic just watching her parents brutally duel :joy:
    Kaori's progressing fast! And congrats to her for finally defeating Gemma!
    OMG that final pic of Morgyn kicking Adam's butt is perfect, Adam's face has me dying :joy::joy:

@Karababy52
    Mar 19: Aww that daily pic, Cale's expression is so soft, so sweet... he's looking at Joe, isn't he? ;)
    Ah and finally L comes over and he tells her, her reaction is great :joy:
    I love that show off baby interaction, I don't use it enough in my game haha.
    Cale is just such a good dad :bawling: I don't know why I'm emotional over this but I am :joy:
    Wonder when/if Joe's other namesake will come to meet him!
    Well looks like L has two children now, Cale and Essa ;)
    This update did NOT make me tear up again. Nope, not at all. ;) Guess you're just returning the favour for all those times I made you tear up :joy:

~~~
    Yeah the poor dude is just all over the place right now, he's actually going through a phase where he yells all the time but I can use it for storytelling. He's... yeah he's not okay, at all.
    And him having that curse making Adam fight him... he and Adam now despise each other which prompted one of those 'an acquaintance of mine was telling me how much they dislike you' texts from one of Aaron's friends, and you'll never guess who it was from (not Cale though)
    So I'm going to work that into the story too, have plans for a scene where he finally comes to his senses but he'll need people to help him get through it. It's going to be a pretty heavy thing for me to write I think. Still debating whether or not I do want to go the whole way and do the serial romantic aspiration with him too, but we'll see whether I can actually complete that before April lol.

He was not thinking at all when he set fire to the photo, he's just so consumed with emotion that he doesn't know how to deal with. I mean he and Hunter had lived together for... a whole sim year I think? And suddenly Hunter's just gone, and yeah. Aaron needs therapy lol

Jaxen has a number of very gorgeous purple children. His kids with Vlad though? Not so gorgeous :joy:

Yup I hate it too when the game does that! That's so weird that he did lose the beard though, the game shouldn't get rid of facial hair like it does the eyelashes. A beard isn't an accessory! Dumb game.

Ack I'm not looking forward to that update when Eros comes for Joe :grimace: Kinda scared actually lol. But maybe if Cale is awake when Eros comes, then he can kick Eros' butt :joy: Or turn him into a gnome or something HAHA
    @afai1261
    Aww man, he's still dueling and lost every single one. I wondered if maybe he was having a mood swing or you were using a Mod to make him continually shout forbidden words. But yes, those mood swings do make for good storytelling. :)

Yes, I thought so too and he was looking at Joe. <3 I thought it was time she'd come over, worried about him when he didn't show up. Tried to have Cale call her but she was already in the area so he couldn't. No worries though with the focus or lock camera feature we have now it was easy to find her. I just used actions to add her to a group and clicked 'go here together' right inside Cale's front door to get her to come over. That's why he told her right there. That hallway is so skinny though, had to get creative with my screenshot angles. hehe

I like the 'show baby' animation too, but have never used it. I thought it was cute how Joe was so grumpy. I have a feeling it was because Cale woke him up to do that, he really was sleeping there. I thought there was an action to ask if they wanted to hold the baby, but I guess not. Or maybe they have to be in the same household to have that action, I don't know. I don't play with families very often so I'm somewhat of a noob with the interactions they can do. I so, so wanted L. to cuddle little Joe. <3 I guess I could've temporarily added her to his household, but since she's a Sage, I didn't want to possibly mess that up. I have a Mod where they can live in households and still be the Sage, but stuff like that still makes me anxious. :#

He is a good Dad, when I tell him to be and always looking at him with a goofy grin on his face when I don't. He gets freaked out and anxious left to his own actions though. :D It's understandable, he's only a teen yet. I forget that sometimes. I get emotional over the whole thing too so no worries. :)

Joel! Gah! Yeah, I should have him come over to see little Joe. Probably won't happen until he's a toddler, which will happen very, very soon! I don't have aging on, of course, so won't get the notice it's time, but it's been three days. I'm tired of playing without sound so I'm ready. I can't stand how the babies cry in this game, it grates on my nerves. It would be different if he sounded more realistic with some variance, but no, it clearly sounds like an adult mimicking a baby and sounds exactly the same no matter what. 🙄

Oh, well, hey, I guess you're right about L. hehe Funny she ended up playing a Mother figure to both my challenge Sims. I love my L. though so it's all good. :) hehe Paybacks for the emotions you say? Aww, well I didn't try to do that, but I guess you're right. I'm just happy someone feels that way about how I've been writing Cale's experiences in this challenge. I wasn't going to do that at all, write a detailed story, but I'm glad I did now. <3

Aww man, bummer about Adam despising Aaron now. I had no idea the things Sims are made to do as a result of curses actually made them get moodlets that last. I figured it was a temporary thing. I bet it was Hunter, am I right? o.O I'm glad Aaron will get some help sorting through his emotions about Hunter and come to his senses. I figured he'd need someone to help him. It's easy to slip down into a very dark place alone with your thoughts without anyone to tell you what you're thinking isn't all true otherwise. :/

Good luck figuring out if you can do the serial romantic aspiration before April ends. I'm wondering how I'll get Cale set-up for April in time myself. I thought I had a ton of time, but there's only 11 days left in the month now. Sheesh! It goes so fast! He has completed another aspiration though and is quickly headed towards completing another, so he'll most likely have five aspirations for the month completed! \o/

Yes, Aaron does need therapy, or at least a very, very good friend to help talk him down from the ledge. He's out of control at the moment. Poor guy... :'(

hehe I imagine those kids aren't very good looking, yeah. Gloria, Jules' daughter with him is the prettiest offspring of his I've ever had in the game. But then I've only had him breed one other time. However, I read all of Maggie's 100 Baby challenge with him. Yes, she had some that were good looking, but the others? No so much. o.O

It's weird, when he was giving birth, he still had the beard. But once I had him change out of that gown, it disappeared! Ugh! I hate situational outfits so, so much! I don't know if you remember, but Essa actually was given her original hairstyle when she gave birth. So weird seeing her wearing barrettes and looking like a teen again when that happened. 🙄

HAHA! Or maybe he'll do something worse to Eros, or not. We shall see... ;)
    March 17th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Haven't used wands yet for D.J. Not sure if I am going to. The daily image looks like she pointed at Simeon and did a 'pew, pew, pew' towards him. I like the three circles. Too bad she lost, though.

@afai1261
    My guess is Hunter wasn't old enough to have the adult drinks and the bartender knew it. Too bad he didn't have vampire powers to make the bartender serve him. :lol: Of course, being a spellcaster, the bartender would have really been angry with Hunter then.
    I kind of wish D.J. did fall off the broom, so I could have Phoebe comment on it. But he had a successful landing.

@RememberJoy
    Nice of Adam to change the weather so they could have a fun day outside. :grin: Cracked me up the spectre enjoyed the mint ice cream and gave a gift back to Adam. He'll need that gift for sure.

@SoulGal7
    I love how the other dance crews are hanging out with each other. Shows you can still be competitive with each other and friends at the same time. Except when it comes to Veronica. :joy: I think she's a bit jealous there that there's another good team out there.

@Karababy52
    I love Cale's facial expressions throughout at the beginning. Poor guy. Ze therapist showing up at the hospital again. :joy: Too bad he didn't deliver Cale's baby. That would have been more hilarious. I like the name Joe L. Conrad. Glad to see someone else give their Sim(s) a middle name. It fits for this storytelling since he named the little guy after two important Sims in his life. :smile: Will be interesting and fun to see if Joe is a hybrid alien spellcaster.

March 18th Comments:

@afai1261
    Poor, poor Aaron. The letter only made things worse for him. :disappointed:

@RememberJoy
    Oh, boy. Adam gets to deal with Temperance now. The spectre from before kind of gave him a warning...lol. :lol:

@Karababy52
    Little Joe is so cute. :smile: I like the song Cale sang to him. :wink: I think Cale is going to be a great dad. This is just the start for him if he's going to be working on that 100 baby challenge.

@permanentrose
    Aww, we got to back in time. That was neat. Was fun reading about the Sages and your vampires as youngins.

@SoulGal7
    Uh oh. Veronica is working her charm on D.J. and Cale. I hope the two don't just up and leave the Chain Breakers.

March 19th Comments:

@afai1261
    Wow. Aaron really needs to step away from magic right now. He's using it as his go-to place, but it's just making things worse for him. I wonder what that was all about Adam approaching Aaron, though.
    I like the students as well. I may bring them back at a later time to use again. You'll definitely see Paige again. And I was happy to see the game autonomously have her and D.J. talk. It helps for further development.

@SoulGal7
    D.J. actually did get a curse from losing two duels in a row. I just didn't add it to the story. He got the curse of unwarranted hostility. I'm not going to use curses in my storytelling though.

@RememberJoy
    Kaori was meant to be a spellcaster it looks like. I laughed when Adam was flung through the air by Morgyn. :joy: Adam's facial expression....priceless! Ha, ha!

@Karababy52
    OMG...I started laughing when I saw and read L. laughing hysterically. At least Cale didn't take offense to it. It looked like he even joined in the laughter a bit later.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    I was super busy yesterday now I feel super nauseous today. Gonna try to get two screenshots at least to catch up from yesterday and post one today though. Sorry I’m not keeping up as well as I usually do :(
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 20th: A magical day

6qAqYex.png
    As Kaori and I were finishing up a late dinner, Stuart found us and handed over an envelope. "We sold your house, Kaori," he said gesturing towards the envelope, "and that is your bank statement." We looked surprised that he had used Kaori's real name but he waved it off. "Morgyn told me your given name as I needed it for the paperwork," he said. "We've set up a joint bank account under Morgyn's name, since you two are still considered minors, and the 80,000 has been deposited into it. You may draw from it or transfer it elsewhere once you've turned 18, as per your grandparent's will."
    wqpjata.png
    Kaori started to tear up again, so I thanked Stuart for all his help. "Good luck you two," he said rising from the table, "If you ever get into trouble, don't hesitate to ask for help." He left and Kaori and I stood up and embraced. "I'm glad that's over with," Kaori said gripping the envelope tightly. "Now we can start a new chapter on our lives together." She excused herself, saying she needed to go get some rest, and I followed her to her room. Carol came running out, having just woken up, and asked if she could go find Morgyn as she had something she wanted to ask him. We both agreed, as long as she stayed with Morgyn and didn't try to talk to anyone she didn't know alone. She scampered off and I decided to join Kaori for a little nap.
    Fy5Yo7Q.png
    Morgyn later told us that Carol had asked him to help her with her homework, as there were some magic questions she was having a hard time with. I think she's got him wrapped around her little finger.
    rDV0Esq.png
    After our nap, Kaori found Simeon and L and got to know them better, and finally got them to share some spells and potions with her.
    2Hll5kB.png
    I then offered to help her make her first potion, the potion of the nimble mind. I showed her how to use her magic to control the stirring stick, and I do believe she was fairly impressed.
    6qAqYex.png
    We successfully brewed the potion, and after I'd bottled it up, Kaori tugged me over to a quiet corner.
    vxAAIoT.png
    "Since Carol's at school for a few more hours," she said almost flirtatiously, "I was wondering if we could ditch this place and go back to your rental?" I smiled, "Do you mean my haunted rental?" She smiled back coyly, "The more the merrier," she said batting her eyes, "I'm not shy." We used our system to split up and meet in the garden, and soon we were back at my place. The day was brutally hot, and the old house had no air conditioning, so we changed into something cooler. In the kitchen Kaori took my hand and whispered, "It's almost too hot for clothing, wouldn't you say?"
    H2vr69v.png
    I grinned and played along, "You're right," I winked, "around you it's almost too hot to handle!"
    Ms1FU0J.png
    We ran upstairs, and indeed, it felt much better being bare skinned!
    R4Xe6wx.png
    We cuddled for a little while after, despite the heat, before Kaori took a shower and headed back to meet Carol. I decided to stay for the night despite Temperance, as I wanted to tend to my plants; I was also curious to see if the idol would work. I went back outside where the evening had begun to cool things off, and planted some things I'd need for potions later. As I was finishing up, Guidry joined me and I asked him if Temperance was still hanging about.
    uLzx4Ns.png
    "Ah yes," he said. "She's resting now, but she'll almost certainly be back tonight." He stroked his chin thoughtfully, "There is someone you can call on to help ward her off though. An ancient guardian who exists between the world of the living and the dead." He gave me an incantation to say while sitting at the seance table, and I went to give it a try immediately. Closing my eyes, I repeated the short spell and with a pop and burst of green light, a skeleton wearing a maid's outfit appeared before me!
    Zcv5wgp.png
    I tried to introduce myself, but she seemed distracted by the rats running around. Guidry came up to join us and also seemed a bit tense because of the rodents. I finally got both to sit down, and we got to know the skeletal maid.
    6ZuARmH.png
    Her name was Bonehilda, and when we told her about Temperance, she agreed to help me keep her at bay as much as she was able. Satisfied, I turned in for the night, hoping to get a good night's sleep for once.
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar09.jpg
    March 9: Stirring the Pot!

Side Notes:
    • No storytelling for this daily image. I had D.J. spend the day at one of the cauldrons in the Magic HQ. He's skilled enough he doesn't need to use his hands to stir. Plus I needed an excuse to use the title.
    • It was a pretty boring day. He's been working on potions as well as working around the mansion. I have the Bust the Dust Kit and have been working on the Perfectly Pristine Aspiration.
    • I'm still quite a bit behind, but slowly catching up to matching the daily image to the day on time. Today is the first day of Spring, so I am looking forward to my March 20 in-game day as it will be the first day of Spring in my game and no more winter for a long time...lol!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    So I realized that I did have a few screenshots I haven't used yet (I'm just not feeling good enough to finish up my lore post yet, that will have to wait until tomorrow), so here are two brief updates for yesterday and today :) I'll get back in the groove with comments again soon too!

March 19

wd0xbNj.png
    Robin FINALLY finished up her scouting badges, a task I had been ignoring for ages, so I thought it would be fun for her to inferniate her scouting board lol.
    o5mcIrg.png

Yeah, let's take care of that before it gets out of hand lol.
    I7It35i.png

Of course :joy:
    zpuNErr.png
    v1tearz.png

She does look quite proud of herself though.
    fp4Bbpk.png

Somehow, Robin does not know the scrubaroo spell yet, but Cale does, so he lent her a hand.
    EdfwZB0.png
    sx10FCH.png

March 20

E05Vp1G.png
    I thought it was about time this happened :) Might be fun to explore some of the new stuff from the MWS pack too and give them a small wedding at some point too.

JPEeJOM.png
    cINqsJm.png
    ZT3cAV2.png
    jl4v8NI.png
    Uz4RVDl.png
    edited May 2022
    Feb 20 - Meanwhile in Strangerville

it-had-been-more-than-a-week.png
    Nick Alto paced his office and was fuming. It had been two weeks since Antonio had gone to Britechester. He had sent some reports, but hadn't found Dylan yet. What the heck was Antonio doing there?

what-were-those-bozos-doing-in-britechester.png

He had assigned Antonio one of his top hit men, a guy named Odd Job, who, with the throw of his hat, could slice someone in two. Of course, both Odd Job and Antonio had been told that he needed Dylan brought back alive. Obviously, Kirk Sewell, had not understood that piece of information back in Mt. Komorebi. Kirk would have killed Dylan, if not for that unfortunate vending machine accident, and then he would have been no closer to getting the antidote.

this-healy-kid-had-to-be-found.png

That Dylan kid was slick. And if Antonio hadn't found him in Britechester yet, he needed to move to the next town. A choice between Windenburg and Henford-on-Bagley. Where had that kid gone? Time was running out and they had to find him fast.

Just as he was about to text Antonio, he got a call from his brother, Bert, who was down in Selvadorada attending their "farming" operations there.

yes-his-brother-you-could-always-rely-onfamily.png

Nick: "Bert, you got news for me...?"

Bert: "Hey Nick, I just wanted to let you know that the little "customs" problem we had with our new shipment has been solved, thanks to Matteo Villareal. The guy is a real help. I don't know where you found him, but he has been great for the business. Of course, it made things easier that he "personally" knew the mayor's wife...if you know what I mean. Oh yeah, those shipments will be moving very smoothly by tomorrow..."

nick-the-crops-ae-doing-well.png

Nick: "Oh yes, that sounds like Matteo. Always liked the ladies. Yes, I have known the Villareal brothers for years. Matteo has a little "farm" down in Selvadorada, too. He and I do favors for each other from time to time. His brother, Jacques, lives in Windenburg."

Bert: "Yes, so I understand. Matteo's daughter, Veronica, is staying with them while he attends to business down here. In fact, that's why I'm calling, Matteo has to fly back to Windenburg for his daughter's Dance-Off Competition. Some big event, and he hasn't seen her in awhile. He thought he would surprise her. So...he's going to work on the next shipment when he returns."

Nick suddenly got an idea, "Bert, is Matteo nearby...maybe I could talk to him for a moment..."

bert-what-a-pleasant-surprise.png

Bert: "Yeah, he's right here. We were going to go to the cantina to have a few drinks. I'll just put him on..."

Bert handed the phone to Matteo.

my-precious-i-will-be-there-to-see-yiou.png

Matteo: "Nick, so nice to hear from you. What can I do for you?"

Nick: "Well, I just wanted to thank you for helping Bert in the situation he was in, and, of course, your split will be doubled for this shipment."

Matteo: "That's very generous of you, Nick. Please deposit it into the same Cayman account as last time."

Nick: "Of course. And I understand that you're heading to WIndenburg for a few days."

Matteo: "Yes, my precious daughter is in a dance competition and her teen group are the current champions..."

Nick: "Oh, yes, please take a few days off...your family does come first. Listen, while you are in Windenburg, I want you to keep an eye out for a kid...maybe your daughter even knows him...the kid's name is Dylan Healy. He has something that I want...and...well...he needs to be found. He left Mt. Komorebi and took a train...and one of the places he might have gone is Windenburg. I just need you to find him and bring him to Strangerville. I will send you all the info, but just know that the kid may have changed his look..."

Matteo: "Yeah, sure, Nick...I can do that...anything else?"

Nick: "Just have a safe trip...and report to me when you find the kid..."

Matteo nodded and handed Bert the phone. Matteo stood there wondering what Nick had gotten himself into.

what-has-nick-gotten-himself-in-for.png

Bert: "Nick...I'll send you the monthly figures tomorrow. Talk soon..."

we-have-a-little-business-in-windenberg.png

Bert and Matteo looked at each other, puzzled over Nick's call.

bert-i-am-taking-a-little-trip-to-windenberg.png

Matteo: "So, are you ready for those drinks? I saw a señorita in the cantina the other night who I was thinking of getting to know better..."

Bert: "Ah, Matteo, I like your style. No wonder we get along so well..." he said laughing as they walked towards the Cantina El Árbol del Jaguar

lets-go-to-the-cantina-bert-and-meet-some-of-those-female-locals.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After the call with Bert and Matteo, Nick was feeling better. He quickly texted Antonio. Time for the kid to move on to Henford-on-Bagley.

this-should-work-great.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At Pepper's Pub in Britechester:

Antonio looked at the text he just received from Nick Alto.

seeing-the-text-from-nick.png

Antonio: "Hey...we've got to get going. Boss wants us to head to Henford-on-Bagley..."

Odd Job: "The kid went there?"

Antonio: "Well, that's one of the places. The Boss has someone else heading to Windenburg to search for the kid, too..."

Suddenly a group of university students came up to Antonio.

Uni Student: "Antonio...would you hoist me for a keg stand? I just love it how you can hold onto me...and I don't ever fall with you..."

do-a-key-stand.png

Antonio smiled: "Yeah, anything to help someone as pretty as you..."

Odd Job: "Hey, Antonio...I thought we had to go..."

we-gotta-go-to-henford.png

Antonio: "Yeah...yeah...in a few hours...you know, I gotta help out when I can,": he said winking.

Antonio chatted with a few other students, and thought how great it would be to live here year-round. He had never even thought of going to university until now. It was totally fun. There were so many good-looking babes, and they even had a Villainy program. Maybe when this whole Dylan episode was over, he would talk to the Boss and see if he could go here.

The girl laughed and smiled sweetly at Antonio.

Antonio: "Okay, hun...do that keg stand....oh yeah...you are such a bodacious babe..."

come-help-me-with-the-keg-stand.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With Matteo in Windenburg and Antonio heading to Henford-on-Bagley, that Dylan kid would soon be found. And when he was...Nick would make sure Dylan paid for making him wait for the antidote.

Dylan's father had been smart...hiding the antidote in that necklace. Only a drop of Dylan's blood would make the antidote work...but...they had to get past the booby-trap on the necklace first...and that's why the kid had to stay alive. The necklace would only unlock by voice recognition. Dylan's voice. Only the kid could unlock the antidote with some key words that had been uttered to him by his father...and which only Dylan knew. The kid was the key, and he would use the kid to make as much antidote as he could...and then...he would waste him.

nick-waste-him.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Matteo Villareal is a Maxis premade named Matteo Hamilton. He is Veronica Villareal's father. His traits and aspiration has been changed, and he is involved in the Criminal Career. He has a small um..."farm" ...in Selvadorada and is a bit of a ladies' man.

Bert Alto is the brother of Nick Alto (From Sims 3). Bert is handling the "farming" operations in Selvadorada, and through his brother, Nick, has met Matteo Villareal. Thanks to this simmer for creating him for the Sims 4.

bert-alto.png

Antonio Capone was introduced in Dylan's biography, and is a teen thug for Nick Alto.

mafia-mob-guy-credit.png

The young woman wanting Antonio to help with the keg stand, is part of the Discover University Squad, made by Maxis.

discover-uni-squad-credit.png

Odd Job
    , is the name of a character in the 1960s James Bond movies. He is a henchman for Goldfinger, Thanks to this simmer for creating him for The Sims 4.

odd-job-credit.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited March 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar10.jpg
    March 10: Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. I am happy to say D.J. finally won a friendly duel against Phoebe. I'll add a bit of this in the next daily image chapter for storytelling.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    XD I'm getting so behind in reading. I'm gonna take a day here soon to catch up on reading and comments. And my posts. Things have just been real wacky
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 20: "Happy Birthday Little Joe!"

G0K6ijD.png

Notes
    gctX8dw.png
    The next day Cale got up, dressed in his work out clothes as quietly as he could so he wouldn't wake up Joe and went in the kitchen to fix him a bottle. As he walked back to the bedroom, he could hear Joe fussing a little for his breakfast.

"Here you go little guy, Daddy's got what you want, yes I do!"

He changed his diaper, cuddled the baby for a little while, talking and rocking him until Joe fell back asleep.
    (He sure sleeps a lot. Is that normal?)

7EeRy2r.png
    While the baby slept, Cale did some boxing to get back in shape and hopefully lose the weight he'd gained while carrying Joe.

OBfxGWg.png
    After awhile he got hungry and fixed some spaghetti for lunch. Using the Delisioso spell was great, but he never knew what he was going to get. Lately, it was pasta primavera.
    (Way too many calories in that. Even if it is delicious!)

33Uq2aJ.png
    All Cale needed to complete the Body Builder aspiration was to reach his maximum fitness. However, no matter how much he boxed, it wasn't working to reach that goal. So Cale got a heavy lifting weight machine and did an Epic Workout pushing the limits.

qqZbI3G.png
    After a few minutes lifting, Ta Da! That did the trick! Congratulations Cale! :)

jM2nWyI.png
    Cale started the Musical Genius aspiration when he couldn't work out while pregnant with Joe so I had him take that aspiration again to try to finish it. He needs to write one more song to finish 3/4 milestones.

K4WPwZI.png
    When he took a break to get some dinner, he got a call from L. checking up on him with some news he never in a million years thought he'd get. But more on that later. Tomorrow is Joe's birthday! I did some renovations to make room for all the things a toddler needs.

52X29Wb.png
    Cale never did use the sauna, so I got rid of it and extended the room toward the greenhouse. I put all of Cale's plants in his household inventory except for the more expensive ones. He still needs that income! Here's an overhead view to give you an idea of what it looks like. You'll see it more as I play.

U200GIP.png
    Joe has a castle dollhouse, the play tent and a toddler pool on the front porch. The cauldron was also put away in household inventory. I did a few other minor things too, but you'll see those as well during gameplay. Let's get Joe aged up now.

k1Gg9hU.png
    "I don't know if Joe or I would've survived for him to reach this birthday without you here to help me. Thanks just doesn't seem to cut it."
    "Aww, Cale, we both took care of him, not just me. You're a great Dad. If anyone needs to be thanked, it's you for giving me a place to live. It was a win-win kind of thing, right? Friends helping friends when they need it most."

qh7fJaq.png
    "I just...I just love you so much Sandy. You're the best!"
    "I love you too Cale."

eSiSrqH.png
    (She said she loves me!)
    (I bet not how you think though. Come on, just do it. Tell her how you feel.)

BgNzMAx.png
    "I know you meant that as a friend, and I did too, but...well, when I thought I was dying, I wrote a song, for you."
    "For me? Oh Cale, that's so sweet."
    "Yeah, and I made a promise to myself then too. It was about saying how you feel before you don't get another chance. I meant what I said, I love you Sandy, really love you. As more than just a friend."

4fmnQcv.png
    "Oh Cale, I--"
    "No, it's okay, you don't have to say it back, I know you don't think of me in that way. It's enough that you love me as a friend. For now. But I hope that you can come to care about me more, in the same way I do. Some day."
    "I do care about you Cale, and Joe. Very much so. I love that little guy too."

T5s1EGf.png
    "I know you do, I can see it in your eyes when you're holding him...anyway, are you ready? Shall we go in there and help Joe age up?"
    "It seems so soon, doesn't it? I don't know if I'm ready."
    "I know I'm not, so I get it. Babies grow up though, can't stop it. That much I do know." Cale winked at Sandy and turned to open the nursery door where Joe and Sandy slept.

hP2W1of.png
    Sandy followed him inside with a look of love and admiration he didn't get to see.
    (I think I might love you in the same way Cale, but I still don't really know if I should let it happen.)
    "I wonder what's holding up Joel. He said he'd be here for Joe's birthday."
    "He's probably just a little late. We can wait."
    *BUZZ BUZZ*

xQyUJG2.png
    "Aww man, he can't make it. He got called into work. Dangit!" *sigh* "He says he'll see us tomorrow."

cx4GDOg.png
    "It's okay, we don't mind. We'll miss Uncle Joel, won't we, yes we will. But we'll see him tomorrow, okay Joe?"
    "Boogoobabamadadapfffttt"

(Look at them. Joe loves her almost as much as I do and she loves him. I hope she realizes we all belong together soon.)
    "Are you ready Joe? I'm going to give you to your Daddy now. Here you go Cale."

Sandy handed Joe to Cale who gave his Son a few cuddles, cooing at him and kissing him before putting him back in the bassinet to age him up.

tMSD5UL.png
    "Here we go!"
    "Oh I can't look. Tell me when it's over. Bye bye baby Joe."
    "He's not going anywhere, just aging up."
    "I know, I'll just miss him as a baby is all. Such a sweet baby."
    "He'll be a sweet toddler too, just you wait."

t5rOUI6.png
    And here he is after a makeover! He looks like mini Cale to me! What do you think? So, so, SO cute! He aged up with blond hair though and dark brown eyes. I'm guessing all the CC his Mom and Dad have messed with the game's mind. hehe No worries though, I just gave him Cale's hair and eye color.

ZQ7TvIz.png
    Here he is in CAS. He had the Spellcaster trait, but nothing to indicate he'd be an alien too. I think it's pretty safe to say he isn't half alien. Like I've said before, that's perfectly fine with me. It also helps with the storyline/plot I've developed and written today. I know exactly what's going to happen now and I'm so excited for it! \o/ I hope y'all like what I've come up with and that it's not too shocking. hehe
    Post edited by Karababy52 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top