Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Scenarios

I'm excited to find some weirder scenarios this time around!
And some that include things that are a little farther away from what I'd normally do in the game, including some extra challenges that are not otherwise available in game (chef on fire, unskilled).

I'm also pleased to find that building a rocket seems to work now (I started the Extraterrestrial one just to see).

I definitely want to play the Supervillain one. I never have used the secret agent career.

What are your thoughts about the new scenarios?

Want to share any pictures and/or stories?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love that they finally put in Supervillains in the game, I just wish there was a way to properly play superheroes Scenarios as well. ;)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I love them all, honestly. The one I am excited most about is definitely the cook! That sounds fun and challenging. And dangerous :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I also started the 'Extraterrestrial Researcher' scenario yesterday! First I took out the rocket building fix mod I had and tried to start building a rocket in a test save and it worked, so it seems the bug is indeed fixed. I didn't get very far yet with the scenario, but my new Sim Luke is all set up now and ready to go.

XwmDRCh.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited March 2022
    It's ok so far. The only thing I don't like is that it's been culling some of the sims I made and placed into homes and also kicking whole families out of their homes and having them end up in 'Not in World'.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    @Arzekial are you referring to the new Scenarios or the new Neighborhood Stories, which is a form of story progression?
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Arzekial are you referring to the new Scenarios or the new Neighborhood Stories, which is a form of story progression?

I don't know if it was story related. It just happened since the update. I get empty house notifications through MCCC, so all I get is <lot name> has been vacated by <family name> usually because someone got married and moved in together, or someone died leaving an empty home, but I've never seen the game cull one of my sims or kick a family out of a home into not in world. That just started with this latest update.

Edit- I did see a household move because the wife of a sim died and he remarried and moved his family in with his new wife. So, I do see the story elements working. I checked the family and the husband and his kids were still sad over a loss in the family. The one sim I had that was culled was weird. She was a vampire living alone in forgotten hollow and when I got the empty house notification I checked and saw her name in "not in world" but her avatar was gone and I clicked to go into CAS and she was gone, replaced by one of the premade Maxis sims.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Started and completed the No Skills No Problem scenario last night. Never realized what a handicap it could be to not be able to gain and improve skills, it was torture watching a whole garden glitter and not being able to evolve the plants because my sim couldn't get the Gardening skill. Once I ditched my initial plans to garden and collect my way to to the 400000 Simolean goal and started selling the highest price cameras on a street sell table at 300% markup I completed it in 14 days.

Thinking about trying this scenario in Jungle Adventure, with all the traps working off various skills (and attacking swarms) it's going to be more like how long before the sim dies than if they manage to make the scenario's goal.
    The cake is a lie
    It seems I got my hopes up too soon. While the Sim in my test save is able to assemble a rocket - which is rather useless to me ...
    9QzXYQ8.jpg

Luke had to make due with this nice print of a rocket he got while building his logic skill in the big telescope since without the mod he couldn't start building the rocket in his backyard.

TFtPExz.jpg

I had read somewhere that the rocket building bug had something to do with the Geek Festival, which in my test save either never happened or no one has visited. <sigh>

Before exiting the game to put the mod back in, I had Luke chat up a fellow redhead under the full moon on a particularly warm Summer night in Oasis Springs. Unfortunately it was Linda Landgraab and she is already married. Better luck next time, Luke!

MbCBiow.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I think I will be starting a few new ones in my rotation.

I'm a bit sad though. I misunderstood when people said there were difficulty ratings for them - I thought they meant we could choose whether to play it easy, medium or hard. But it looks like it is just a fixed rating for each :(
    Luke made some progress. Finished the rocket, made a few upgrades, took a couple of trips into space (unfortunately only to return with space rocks). And then we made some unfortunate decisions on his last adventure ...

D2TVDz0.jpg

we all try ...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Luke made some progress. Finished the rocket, made a few upgrades, took a couple of trips into space (unfortunately only to return with space rocks). And then we made some unfortunate decisions on his last adventure ...

D2TVDz0.jpg

At least he made it back in one piece. :smile:
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    I really loved some of these new scenarios and even found one or two that I'd like to try out - only to realise that the one that fitted my current game couldn't be used on existing saves. A bit of a bummer I have to admit, but maybe one of the others will fit later on in the game.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I'm testing the no skills scenario in a new game. I guess this scenario would be a nightmare with basegame only. After a few tries in jobs I went with my simself into the science career, there I need only breakthrough for promotions. Also many of the asprirations are also blocked because the skill progress. Right now she is doing a wellness aspiration. So far I'm still under 10000 simoleons, but there is at least some progress. I think it's a nice and good challenging scenario. I'm also curious to see if the sim get skills again after finishing the scenario.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Good old Detective career should be good for No skills, no problem. Promotions are not skill gated, all the sim needs is 500 satisfaction points for the Observant reward trait, and they are set for the career. Also some of the early promotions dish out lots of useless swag that can get sold.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm excited to find some weirder scenarios this time around!

What are your thoughts about the new scenarios?

Too Many Toddlers - I ignored b.c I often have way more than what the scenario was asking and the scenario doesn't add anything to how I play with them.

Super Rich Supervillain - Sounds interesting, b.c I play legacy and have to raise so many families having a super villain born to the family would be interesting. The only issue is the game doesn't really give you a way to be a super villain with the lack of consequences in the game. However I guess if you can manage to get a bad rep, set a goal to furnish a secret basement with stolen goods for later generations to find it could be fun.

Unlucky Chef
    - This one I am excited to try, I plan to use this for one of the heirs who will strive to open their own restaurant. Having the odds actually stacked against my sim instead of simply pretending they are sounds fun.

Troublemaker
    - This sounds fun until you realize that having bad grades don't really do anything, you can't runaway, you can't crush on the bad kids in school, you can't fall in with the bad crowd. All you can do is get bad qualities that don't really majorly impact gameplay and sims won't treat you any differently from a sim with good qualities. I want to like this scenario, but the lake of consequences and teen gameplay makes it very hard to to do anything other than imagine stuff is happening.

Extraterrestrial Researcher
    - While I eventually planned to have one heir seek to discover sixim, I've no issue with activating this scenario when that time comes. There is a bit a gameplay to help you do this, but the actual discovery of the planet sixim or even discovering an alien is lackluster. I feel like this scenario will have a fun journey, but with no actual in game content for discovering these things, the ending will feel a bit empty.

Rom-Com - Without an attraction system, without any challenges and without any meaningful consequences for actions, this is nothing more than a great marketing title placed on an empty box. You can't even try to get a clumsy and childish sim to crush on a serious loner who keeps turning them down none the less a rom-com. lol

No Skills No Problem
    - looks like a challenge and I am interested in a challenge.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Sounds like fun everyone!
    @Netzspannung thanks for sharing Luke's story. Bummer that the rocket bug isn't fixed in other saves. I might do some more testing too.

@Mr_MuffinTop I think we are interested in the same ones :)

@JustMeAlb @EnkiSchmidt @Daravi interesting ideas about No Skills, No Problem!

I decided to start the Supervillain scenario with Eliza Pancakes. Who else.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998375/eliza-pancakes-supervillain#latest

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Decided to do a test run through with a scenario with Vanessa Jeong with the unlucky chef one seemed interesting enough. Was thinking, okay just gonna get that cooking skill up and she'll be good but...
    YHng9ym.png
    First try? Automatically got a fire. So a ruined counter and poor grilled cheese later she decided to eat it, take a bath and go to bed.
    o92j8YY.png
    Okay take two and time for breakfast and yet ANOTHER FIRE. FTTT... :#
    q3ZBSJR.png
    That didn't go too well like at all. Every attempt seems to be a death sentence. Think I might try a skill building book to see if it'll help. Had left her to her own devices for awhile and she decided to autonomously cook to only have a THIRD fire annnnnnnnd I was too late to save her and she pretty much bit the dust. :sweat_smile:

Might give it another go as I do like a challenge. Makes me wisht here was an unlucky trait to make things for sims even more chaotic and even a trait for being a bad cook.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I made some mistakes with my no skills, no problem that's why it took 68 days.

Summary, I've got the highest ranking of the science career, have built the dublicator, I travelled twice to selvadora, bought enough local stuff to survive the trips through the jungle and temple. Discover that I couldn't dublicate the treasures, became a spellcaster, practise until I've learned the dublicate spell, with this spell it was easy, dublicate both high value treasures and sold them during the garden sale with the 300% price mark up.

The best thing, after the scenario is completed, my sim is now able to learn new skills, finally. :D

I thing, I'm going to replay this scenario, it was fun.
    edited March 2022
    @Daravi Sounds like fun!
    @LadyKyn Haha sorry it was frustrating but thank you for entertaining the rest of us with the screenshots XD
    (I wonder if a sushi chef would have better luck? Or if there are hidden surprises there too?)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member

James Turner did a video playing the Unlucky Chef scenario, I can't cook without catching fire in The Sims 4. Even after maxing the cooking skill, buying the most expensive stove, and buying the fire sprinkler system he had fires.
    The cake is a lie
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited March 2022
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

James Turner did a video playing the Unlucky Chef scenario, I can't cook without catching fire in The Sims 4. Even after maxing the cooking skill, buying the most expensive stove, and buying the fire sprinkler system he had fires.

Somehow I feel like I want to chicken out and go Mixology instead :D But, I'm SO going to do this scenario. Just have to finish at least a couple of the ongoing ones. Currently doing No Skills, gotten a few good ideas here, so thanks for that, people :)

The Extraterrestrial Researcher actually sounded more interesting than it is. At least for me. I've not even built the rocket yet, then I need to upgrade it at least a bit, then the Watcher knows how many times I need to launch it to get all the aliens. I hope the RNG Gods are with me.

Also in the process of doing Power Couple. Its a drag, because I forgot how utterly boring I think the Buissiness career is :| I also think I made my couple a bit too boring as well. I moved Caleb Vatore with them, at least he is more interesting to me, being a vampire.

Supervillain scenario is going pretty good too. Decided to change things up a bit, and moved my sim in to an apartement in San Myshuno. Its been sooo long since I lived there, should provide a change of pace (and climate *brrrr* cold winter there right now). I completely forgot how it was to live in a place with freezing winters and heatwaves in summer.

@Netzspannung I have not had any trouble interacting with rockets. I built and fully upgraded one in the Carnaval scenario (minus the wormhole upgrade, I think) and I don't have any mod spesifically to fix the rockets. Might be one of my other mods actually "fixes" them without me knowing it :D
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The new scenarios look more interesting. I am going to try one tomorrow. I love that you can now choose an existing household already in the game.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Most of the new scenarios are nothing new, I've done them in regular gameplay. But I do like a couple of them, for example the No Skills No Problem. I started it with a Sim and was pleasantly surprised to find they actually could not progress with the skills, at all! I had some technical issues with that save though and had to delete it. I'll try again in the future.

However, I did complete the Extraterrestrial Researcher scenario a few days ago. Here's the Sim I used to try it out, his name is Fox Forrester.

fjr3fqJ.png

Obviously he lived in Evergreen Harbor, in a house with the Micro Residential lot trait for the skill perks. Fox had no problem building/upgrading his rocket. With the lot trait, he reached Level 10 in Rocket Science in just one day. I waited until he had upgraded the rocket for at least the landing gear and extra storage. He had no crashes. I started out having him go on missions, but then remembered Sixam has those alien 'dig' sites to collect them and skipped all the other upgrades in favor of the Wormhole Generator. Once he got that, three trips and he was finished. It took 7 days to complete the scenario.

Here's a few screenshots in the spoiler of Fox's house and when he was visiting Sixam. I forgot the alien world of Sixam was so beautiful. At least in my opinion. I might try the Unlucky Chef or Super Rich Villian scenarios at some point too. :)

228SBgc.png
    He had no landscaping to speak of, just the house and rocket. It's actually black/white but the lighting made it look yellow. Oh well...

dk56NYN.png
    He earned simoleans for upgrades from dumpster diving, a small garden, sold duplicates of objects found in Sixam and during missions.

O9gYsnS.png
    His alien collection at the end of the scenario. I thought he'd need that woodworking bench to increase his handiness skill, but that ended up not being the case. He didn't need it and never even touched it. An interesting thing about the scenario. The rules say they need to bring back 5 unique LIVE aliens, right? I guess that's not true because only two of Fox's aliens were actually alive, but they all counted for the scenario. It must be a glitch.

U6vY4IN.png
    Bird's eye view of the floor plan. Nothing special, just the basics with no decorations. It's only 30 tiles out of the maximum 32 for the smallest tier. His traits are; Genius, Loner and Loves outdoors. Fox didn't make any friends during the scenario, he talked to his plants for social.

BjDCZYp.png
    The moment he completed the scenario on Sixam! For some reason he wore his space suit on the surface of the planet the first time he went there, but not for subsequent trips.

3gh49Wo.png
    igcXmY8.png
    Qc6MQkY.png
    CZNpfFc.png
    Congratulations Fox! <3
    @Karababy52 Way to go Fox! Nice use of the micro home and the wormhole generator :) Yes Sixam is very beautiful!