Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help? Can't enter "live mode" at vacation home?

ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
Has anyone encountered this? Opening the game to Belladonna Cove (my couple's home neighborhood), it tells me they are visiting Twikii Island and asks if I want to go there. I say yes, and it takes me there. I scroll over to Brickstone Chateau, the luxury beach house they just bought and booked a vacation to, and click on it, get prompted to enter that lot, say yes, and it goes right into build/buy mode. I can build, and buy stuff, but live mode is greyed out, can't click it.

But I can't find a way to actually play my Sims. Back in Belladonna Cove, they're on vacation in Twikii, at Brickstone Chateau. Going there results in being able to see the map of Twikii Island, but no way I can discern, to select or start playing my family. Clicking on the Brickstone Chateau lot results in build-buy only.

Are they stuck in limbo, is this a glitch, or am I missing something obvious? I can't find my sims at all.
You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
```
wonderfullymade.jpg

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    A friend on another forum had had this issue happen to them at one point. I'm sending a message to them to get more information on how they got to where they did - they weren't able to fully recover but they didn't lose the Sim that had glitched out.

They don't get on every day so it may be a few days before they get back to me.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    A friend on another forum had had this issue happen to them at one point. I'm sending a message to them to get more information on how they got to where they did - they weren't able to fully recover but they didn't lose the Sim that had glitched out.

They don't get on every day so it may be a few days before they get back to me.

Thank you for being so awesome as to do that on my behalf! I really appreciate it. :) Sims2 is my refuge now that I went ahead and just deleted Origin completely, and even though my Sims2 doesn't function perfectly (flashes a blind spot every other second, in build/buy mode), it's still Real Simming Satisfaction which 4 can never be, and 3 does a fair, but not excellent, job of.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Mods? It always should be mods.
    Lmao, I don't even know when was the last time I sent my sims to a vacation. Because there's always a mod preventing me from renting, or safely loading the resort and the household.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    Mods? It always should be mods.
    Lmao, I don't even know when was the last time I sent my sims to a vacation. Because there's always a mod preventing me from renting, or safely loading the resort and the household.

problem is, when I remove all mods, the problem remains. That's why I assume somehow my couple got corrupted? All the other households are fine.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    I’m a little late to the party here but hopefully it may help someone who might read. Your sims are not corrupted, and you can easily retrieve them, the only problem is your vacation won’t be finished, and you may have to redecorate your house. You can simply use the move out tool and move them out of their house and back in again. You could try merging another sim into the family to see if you can enter the house after that if you want to save the furniture :-)