Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help my Sim pick her future SO.

One of my Sim households is the 3rd generation child of my current game's founding family who is attending her 2nd-to-last term of University. She has the Single and Lovin' It lifestyle but has developed a couple of romantic interests and, as her time at Uni comes to a close, I'm planning on her picking someone to settle down with.

Here are the main contenders:
Celeste Frost. The local bartender at the Britechester student commons. Currently also already married.
cdfa54a37c7d11198512988bebfb6441d1733d4e.jpg
Mary-Therese Uchiyama, a fellow student who is majoring in Villainy.
59a8cd86053f473703d1d73402c8f274bd1104c7.jpg

Brighe has the traits Outgoing, Self-Assured, and Perky, is majoring in communications, and will be pursuing the Social Media - Public Relations career.
I'm currently leaning toward Celeste, even though that will involve breaking up a marriage. Both Celeste and Mary-Therese are born-in-game sims that I haven't edited at all in CAS and, to be completely shallow, I like Celeste's look. She has genes I'd like to add to my current family. :lol:
I do also like Mary-Therese's look, just not as much, and I don't know how I feel about her apparent plans to pursue villainy. Though that would make it interesting, as I've never gone that direction with a played Sim before. Pursuing her also would mean not needing to break up someone's marriage.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Help my Sim pick her future SO. 54 votes

Pursue Celeste, if Brighe can break up their marriage than it wouldn't have lasted anyway.
53%
StormkeepBloosmooasimbsimbabajaynependragon1980ilovejewel17simgirl1010sekojranacatloverplayerMilutinMujovicKironidemegan_mariaaparkisonblueyblueskyDoloresGreycarlimactRedDestiny92RedShoe7EricasFreePlayFanPhoria 29 votes
Pursue Mary-Therise, villainy is better than homewrecking.
24%
crocobauraHejixhaneulJestTruEnkiSchmidtThriorPhillipaErdnussWildIrishBansheetelemwillUniqueKhaosNate_Whiplash1mightyspriteRySBI 13 votes
Find another option, neither of them look worth Brighe's time.
20%
elanorbretonduhboy2u2annaliese39DaniRose2143logionSERVERFRAAmapola76sarabeth2984SiggDiggitBookBearwahini2024 11 votes
Other (because there's always someone who doesn't like the choices given in a poll).
1%
Zoeyevester 1 vote

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Pursue Celeste, if Brighe can break up their marriage than it wouldn't have lasted anyway.
    This is Brighe, for anyone who wants to weigh her appearance in the choice. When she and whoever she chooses have children, they will be genetic offspring.
    11dbe782fd27c1929b6875fb788a7dc9876eb8a9.jpg
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    She’s too good for either of them in my opinion. :D
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    A lazy, squeamish, and proper villain is my kind of sim. I vote for her.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Villain Sims can be fun to play. It adds potential for drama down the road.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I chose Celeste because I think it is the safer choice even though it involves a divorce.
    However I have to admit Mary-Therise's character looks very interesting. Proper vs master in villainy sounds very fun.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    edited March 2022
    I'm not picking either one until the end of this term (so 5 more sim days), but I have had Brighe go on lunch dates with both of them and there's been a new development. Despite being married, Celeste autonomously asked Brighe to be her girlfriend (which Brighe accepted without any input from me).
    ....I didn't even know that could happen. I've always been the one to initiate that interaction normally.
    I chose Celeste because I think it is the safer choice even though it involves a divorce.
    However I have to admit Mary-Therise's character looks very interesting. Proper vs master in villainy sounds very fun.

I agree, that's the main reason Mary-Therise is in the running. And why I'm so torn. Brighe has a twin sister (not identical), maybe I'll introduce whichever one she doesn't pick to her.... :lol: Though Bella has another love interest (Donovan Laandgraab, 3rd generation grandson of Geoffrey and Nancy) it's not serious yet.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Celeste is the most interesting, but I'm picking her because of she shares a name with one of Emma Frost's clone daughters. And just like Celeste, Celeste is also a blonde.

She's not just a bartender, she's a mutant.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    H'mmm... both candidates are lovely sims and both are interesting in their way. Each has the distinct possibility of bringing some drama into Brighe life. It's a tough choice, but I'm thinking Celeste.
    Still 2 days before an official decision has to be made, but Celeste now also called and asked Brighe out on a date (which I accepted) and they really got along well. Lots of autonomous romantic interactions.
    I honestly have no idea how the game decides which sims will 'get-on' with which other sims, but the chemistry between them looks so real when they are interacting.
    This is their first lunch date when Celeste asked Brighe to be her girlfriend:
    55f4625e8452015c6f0d10ccf1394034d7faf696.jpg
    And these are from the follow up date where Celeste called and asked Brighe out the following night:
    d9ebbc63285568f81b37c255d9574895281b6837.jpg
    426b3fbb5878cf701599a68f4bf4c13cf576b26a.jpg
    fceee95e51a8981230c4505f4e524d502543a555.jpg
    645de32751d708f1b2bf67af3ae83e37f24fa26b.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Celeste is the most interesting, but I'm picking her because of she shares a name with one of Emma Frost's clone daughters. And just like Celeste, Celeste is also a blonde.

She's not just a bartender, she's a mutant.
    @Gordy, it's funny you mentioned that...because I have a lot of "marvel" characters in my gallery which MCCC will add to my game using the import tray settings. Right now I know that Natasha, Hank Pym and Bruce Banner are alive and running around out there, for example. Even so, I did not actually think of the name connection in this case. That's actually cool, and I agree, it's another good reason to pick her. :lol:

Worth mentioning that "Frost" is her (current) married name though. Her maiden name is "Kyle"; she's the daughter of Vanessa Jeong and a randomly generated Sim named Sergio Kyle.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Because she would present challenges not yet explored and could be very interesting how opposite they are.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    I would have gone with the one she seems to pick autonomously. Celeste just seem more into her.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2022
    I picked Celeste because I know a former EA GameChanger/Creator I followed on YouTube did this in Sims 4. They broke up Bella Goth's marriage to Mortimer to find a new partner for Bella Goth lol
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Close call for me, as I think any of the 3 options presented (Celeste, Mary-Therese, or leaving both to hopefully find someone else) are pretty good and have viable story potential, so take my final decision with a hint of "but anything is good" lol. I ultimately leaned toward Celeste mostly just cause I had a gut vibe about their traits meshing in a good/interesting way, but I can't for the life of me explain exactly why. In terms of breaking up the marriage, I don't object to that in principle (in the sims morality is a little looser for me lol) and it could even be kind of fun story wise, but you could consider checking out their spouse and seeing what their traits are and such, and then deciding whether your sim would be "better" for Celeste or not. Like, kind of justifying the story from your sim's perspective--is she breaking up a marriage, or is she freeing Celeste to more be herself in a life that's going to make her happier in the long run?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    If you feel uncomfortable playing a villain sims, you could rule that Mary-Therese is in deep cover. Once she has maxed the career, she has fulfilled her mission and can return to a more honorable life. For a proper sim that sounds plausible.

Alternately, I tend to treat villainy as one option for sims who attend law school, first making them do their degree that is linked to one of the law careers to represent their bachelor studies and then adding villainy as law school. But then again, I play with aging off, so I can afford wasting time this way.
    edited March 2022
    I Like how you're thinking @EnkiSchmidt. I may follow through on this idea in another way, but at this point it sure looks like Celeste is going to be Brighe's pick. Celeste has been outright chasing her in terms of calling, asking on dates and just plain autonomously showing more interest. She's called Brighe, literally, every single day since I put up this poll.
    She's also winning in the votes.

Approaching 1 day left for a final decision and that's the direction I'm most strongly leaning.

In another twist to the story, Brighe visited Celeste in her home and learned that she has a child! The child, Diana, is not from Celeste's current marriage. Brighe also met Ice, Celeste's husband, and though he's a decent enough guy, he hates children, and it showed during Brighe's visit.

This is a good story arc along the lines of what @FanPhoria suggested, wherein Brighe not only falls in love with Celeste but also sees pursuing her as a way to 'rescue' Diana from a father figure who doesn't love her and doesn't even want her around.
    Ice is also a University student, so it looks like he's pursuing an education while making Celeste work a lot of hours to better support them. Celeste deserves an education too.

0395714931669bbd3af9a1f0d6e679e89be161b6.jpg
    Brighe meeting Diana while Celeste watches the interaction:
    4b07c55fe0fb3e448dad55bd26a077c61ba088d7.jpg

At this point, I think I'm going to add Celeste to my played households rotation and play through the romance from both sides, as well as playthrough Celeste breaking it off with Ice and moving out with her child. This will give some time to play through single motherhood with Celeste while she and Brighe develop things, and also let me take her through University to pursue a degree program. A single mom, raising a kid on a Bartender's salary while also trying to improve herself with an education will be at least semi-interesting to play out for a while, until she marries into the Winters family (who are filthy rich).
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'm not picking either one until the end of this term (so 5 more sim days), but I have had Brighe go on lunch dates with both of them and there's been a new development. Despite being married, Celeste autonomously asked Brighe to be her girlfriend (which Brighe accepted without any input from me).
    ....I didn't even know that could happen. I've always been the one to initiate that interaction normally.

Hmm maybe it's cause of the Story Progression Update. Do you have any mods though?
    @catloverplayer, Yes, I use a lot of mods and some of them are involved with expanding sim socialization and autonomy in general. So it could very well be mod related. I find it cool that it happened at all, either way. :)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Pursue another option.

If Brighe can convince Celeste to break up her marriage, what's stopping someone else from convincing Celeste to do the same to Brighe? Celeste is so gone right there.

As for Mary-Therise, no also. Opposites attract is great for a summer romance, but for a relationship? No way. Mary-Therise's traits alone scream drama queen. Hard pass.

Brighe can do so much better, and deserves better. Unless...if you want heartbreak for Brighe, then go after Celeste. If you want misery for her then pursue Mary-Therise's drama.
    I dunno, @LMLS2143, that approach may be how 'you' feel, but it doesn't align at all with Brighe's personality traits.

The idea that "once a cheater, always a cheater" makes the presumption that all relationships are equal and that the person with whom the cheater is involved has no bearing on the outcomes. That doesn't align with Brighe's self-assured trait. The idea that one should 'stick with' an unhappy marriage rather than move on and try to find happiness doesn't align with her "perky" trait.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Stormkeep There is a lot of truth in what you're saying that I really didn't take into account. What swayed my opinion is Celeste's hot-headedness vs. Brighe's perkiness. Hotheaded people tend to act first, think later. Perky people tend to see the best in others regardless of all evidence to the contrary. Celeste and Brighe may love each other but Celeste's impetuousness may lead her to be swayed by someone even more charming than Brighe. But as the saying goes better to have love and lost, and on that note, Brighe should pursue Celeste.

I guess it really does come down to Celeste or someone else. Mary-Therise is non-starter with her traits.
    edited March 2022
    Final update: Brighe asked Celeste to break it off with her husband, and she was quick to do so.

I also then moved Celeste and her child out and into a small apartment in Evergreen Harbor and will put her into my played rotation. I will play her and her child in the rotation until she and Brighe move in together and/or get married. I haven't actually played her yet though (I rotate households on Fridays in my game, it is Thursday right now).

Thank you everyone for helping us come to this decision.

It's also worth mentioning that Celeste's Ex re-married another Sim immidiately the night after Celeste broke it off...so he apparently had a side-dish. (Or, more accurately, I had MCCC set way too high in terms of the chance of YA sims getting married and have reduced it to account for the frequency with which I actually turn on unplayed household aging).
    edited March 2022
    Final final update. I thought this was funny so I had to share it.

Culling deleted Celeste's ex-husband's household, along with his new wife and their new baby. Just gone, poof. Because Celeste is now a played sim and had a full friendship bar with him (as well as a very negative romantic bar) and he lives in a house, I got the in-game alert saying he was moving 'off the grid' when he was culled.

...that's one way to deal with a break up, I guess...
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I do love villiany.....plus, she's lazy too, which I admire in a person. I'd go for Mary