Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC Story Progression with EA Neighborhood stories?

Do we know yet if MCCC progression will work well with the new neighborhood stories update? I have my townie sims, with MCCC, getting married and pregnant once a week but I wonder if it will conflict with the new neighborhood stories? Also I have my single sims move once a week with MCCC and adopt animals so that could be a conflict as well ? Just wondering if i need to shut off these MCCC settings?

yes I have lots of questions about this. lol. Don't want my game to break or get weird.

Comments

• Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    There’s a hot fix available at the moment for MCCC. However it doesn’t integrate the neighborhood stories into the mod, it only makes it compatible with the latest patch. I would suggest disabling the MC settings that have similar functions as neighborhood stories . Otherwise you might have to many things happening to your households in the background. Unless you want that.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I'm following this because I want to know this too. I haven't been able to find any info about this on Deaderpool's discord or anywhere else. I am inclined to assume the MCCC progression things like marriage and pregnancy MIGHT override the in-game story progression, but we can't be sure I guess.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    I'm following this because I want to know this too. I haven't been able to find any info about this on Deaderpool's discord or anywhere else. I am inclined to assume the MCCC progression things like marriage and pregnancy MIGHT override the in-game story progression, but we can't be sure I guess.

yea I haven't been able to get into my game and test. But since EA stories doesn't include marriage - I was thinking of keeping MCCC's marriage but try EA's pregnancy/adoption and shut off MCCC's version of that. I also would keep MCCC's moving out single sims but try EA's career and pet adoption. Would be great if I can use both and pick and choose which I like from each and for it all still work the way I want it to.
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    im following this too! i have been wondering if i should delete mccc but there are so many other things than the story progression that i want to keep it
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm using the two in conjunction, because MCCC does things which Neighborhood stories does not.

I've left all of my MCCC settings the same, but turned down the pregnancy rate to be much, much lower (set it at 1%) to see how well the new Neighborhood stories functions for this instead.

Beyond that, I've left MCCC to handle moving Sims around and marrying them off and disabled the moving features of Neighborhood stories because the stories feature doesn't include marriage other than the rare "phone calls" about it that we've had for a long time. It also isn't clear how well neighborhood stories will do at splitting households up for the move out feature.

I also left MCCC in charge of any career changes, because it is fully integrated with the ability to fill careers as 'needed' so the game doesn't have to make all new sims for that, whereas Neighborhood stories just uses the setting to create stories.
    I also left MCCC set to automatically move out elders into homeless 'elderly' households, and then set Neighborhood stories for those households to allow accidental deaths and retirement, two settings for Neighborhood stories which I'm not using for any other households. It's working quite well to thin out the elderly population before they actually die of old age. So in this regards, neighborhood stories is enhancing MCCC. :lol:

At this point I've played through nearly 3 sim weeks with the two running side by side. MCCC is still working normally and the Neighborhood stories is doing its thing too. You can feel comfortable using the two together, just be aware of what you have each set to, so they aren't working against each other.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    edited March 2022
    thanks @Stormkeep!

very helpful info!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I’m still using MCCC for sim control, cheats, flags, etc, but turned off story progression so I could evaluate how Neighborhood Stories works. I’ve not had any conflicts, but wouldn’t expect any. If I see that I need some MCCC control back in, I’ll add things as needed. I wasn’t completely happy with the way MCCC handled townies anyway and I kind of feel like Neighborhood Stories will give me better control. We’ll see what happens.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    On their Discord, they said that they work fine together so far, although it may get a lot more chaotic. They ask that if you do have problems, you should come to the Discord and post in one of the support channels. (Remember that their support does not allow NSFW mods to be in what you show them.)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am interested in this update. Just have to make sure that I am getting my need-to-have-mods from Roburky and Zero with me. I use MCCC as well so I will need to look into the settings if/when I get the latest patch.
    Another thing I realized is that you can go in and immediately turn Neighborhood Stories off for each save game you load up. I patched, and did that with the save I'm currently playing, so no worries there. I'll just investigate what all I really do have set up in MCCC and see how I can balance the two.
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    this might be a dumb question how do i turn of story progression? do i go to mccc settings and disable? or go through all like mc pregnancy and disable all? im not sure on what to do....
  • ProxibleProxible Posts: 9 New Member
    I personally noticed that having both MCCC AND story progression on really made my save file explode with babies and animal adoptions. I now turned off the story progression in mccc because I at least like to read the notifications from the story progression in the mail. Also somehow I find story progression is even done better by the Sims this time than it was with mccc. With the Sims version it seemed like only households merge/get pregnant/adopt when it seems logical. With mccc I also had the elderly gay couple from Tartosa got pregnant and Martin Flex moved into the Landgraab household? I'm not used to saying this but it seems like the Sims team for once has done a better job than a mod creator 😅
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited March 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    I’m still using MCCC for sim control, cheats, flags, etc, but turned off story progression so I could evaluate how Neighborhood Stories works. I’ve not had any conflicts, but wouldn’t expect any. If I see that I need some MCCC control back in, I’ll add things as needed. I wasn’t completely happy with the way MCCC handled townies anyway and I kind of feel like Neighborhood Stories will give me better control. We’ll see what happens.

Where is that option? As I always believed that is the main propurse of MCCC (and main module), with change lifspan, game speed, clothing, same-sex try for baby, etc as optionals
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @mollymegan82 The simplest way is to remove the pregnancy and population modules.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited March 2022
    leo3487 wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »

Where is that option? As I always believed that is the main propurse of MCCC (and main module), with change lifspan, game speed, clothing, same-sex try for baby, etc as optionals

Most story progression items are in pregnancy and population controls. I just set those back to default, which returns those settings to EA default with no modifications from MCCC. I kept things like individual sim flags, dresser settings, etc. on MCCC custom settings.
    I decided to keep MCCC for marriage and babies, and only allow career changes with the new neighborhood stories. Just be very careful about settings on the neighborhood stories. I thought I had turned off deaths, babies, adoption, and moving, but then somebody died. Turns out I had only turned it off for my main family.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I haven't yet updated, so I can't directly compare Neighborhood Stories with MCCC, but I won't be giving up my MCCC for the other. I prefer the the mod's greater variety of options, especially when it comes to autonomous pregnancies. I have mine set to only allow pregnancies if the potential parents have ever woohoo'd with each other rather than letting the game pick the parents completely at random. That way the pregnancies at least do make sense when they happen. I also have a cap on how many auto-pregnancies one household can have (currently 3, the mod's default), but it's possible that they can have more if they happen to woohoo in public and get pregnant from it (or if I choose to play them and do a "try for baby" or something). Also, I have elders disallowed for pregnancies at all, so I don't have to worry about babies being born and then almost immediately being whisked away because they no longer have a parent.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I haven't yet updated, so I can't directly compare Neighborhood Stories with MCCC, but I won't be giving up my MCCC for the other. I prefer the the mod's greater variety of options, especially when it comes to autonomous pregnancies.

Another thing is that Neighborhood Stories doesn't do marriage at all, so you kind of need MCCC pregnancy for that. On the other hand, MCCC doesn't do pet adoptions, or deaths (though I don't want those), and MCCC Careers only does "My Households" I think.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I haven't yet updated, so I can't directly compare Neighborhood Stories with MCCC, but I won't be giving up my MCCC for the other. I prefer the the mod's greater variety of options, especially when it comes to autonomous pregnancies.

Another thing is that Neighborhood Stories doesn't do marriage at all, so you kind of need MCCC pregnancy for that. On the other hand, MCCC doesn't do pet adoptions, or deaths (though I don't want those), and MCCC Careers only does "My Households" I think.

I don't use MCCC's auto-marriage stuff (nor will I use Neighborhood Stories' version for that after I update my game). I don't want autonomous adoptions of any kind, either. As for careers, I use MCCC to let the game randomly assign them to unplayed sims, but my played ones are set to be off-limits for that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I only turned on the Neighborhood Stories options for Random Deaths and Retire from Career. All the other options I'm leaving to MCCC.

I feel like MCCC does a better a better job with all the other features, such as Pregnancies, Marriages, Careers and Moving.
    I've also already customized some features to my liking in MCCC that Neighborhood Stories would just mess up. For example, I have npcs only allowed to have 2 kids at max, and Neighborhood Stories appears to add more children than that.

When Neighborhood Stories has more options for customization, I may turn on more of its features.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    Is there any way for those of us, who have a sim whose partner is in another house (so he is autonomous around the world) to be calling us every second to ask us if he should have dates with randoms, or that he fell in love with a random? I find it pathetic that the system is not well polished. How is your "soul mate" going to call you to ask for advice to cheat on you? At least if you are going to do that, do it properly, married or coupled sims shouldn't call asking if they should go out with randoms.

If anyone knows a mod that fixes that or disables it, please share the information, because it's desperate and doesn't make sense TT_TT </3
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Is there any way for those of us, who have a sim whose partner is in another house (so he is autonomous around the world) to be calling us every second to ask us if he should have dates with randoms, or that he fell in love with a random? I find it pathetic that the system is not well polished. How is your "soul mate" going to call you to ask for advice to cheat on you? At least if you are going to do that, do it properly, married or coupled sims shouldn't call asking if they should go out with randoms.

If anyone knows a mod that fixes that or disables it, please share the information, because it's desperate and doesn't make sense TT_TT </3

I always choose the "I don't think you should" option if I have plans for a specific sim.

With neighborhood stories, I just marked my sim's significant other as played and turned off neighborhood stories for him. I also turned off Have a Baby and Adopt a baby for single sims. They were having way too many babies and it was making it hard for my sim to find someone unattached.

I had to start the save over because my sims boyfriend had two kids from two different women. Not that I usually care if my sim has a step-child but it's not what I'm planning for this save.

As for MCCC, I turned off story progression, at least I think it's all off. I'm still using everything else in the mod.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Is there any way for those of us, who have a sim whose partner is in another house (so he is autonomous around the world) to be calling us every second to ask us if he should have dates with randoms, or that he fell in love with a random?
    I'm not sure about those phone calls because we had them and a few other types before they even gave us the neighborhood stories update, but you can turn off stories entirely or by specific type with each individual household. So the best thing you can do is go to your Sim's partner's household in manage households and turn off neighborhood stories for that household, but again, you still might get the phone calls. If you do, just say no and try to ignore it. I get calls from elders asking about having a baby. Some of this stuff has always just been stupid.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I only turned on the Neighborhood Stories options for Random Deaths and Retire from Career. All the other options I'm leaving to MCCC.

I feel like MCCC does a better a better job with all the other features, such as Pregnancies, Marriages, Careers and Moving.
    I've also already customized some features to my liking in MCCC that Neighborhood Stories would just mess up. For example, I have npcs only allowed to have 2 kids at max, and Neighborhood Stories appears to add more children than that.

When Neighborhood Stories has more options for customization, I may turn on more of its features.

I only allow 2 kids max as well plus only 1 baby per pregnancy. It really keeps the game from overpopulating. I also only allow 1 pregnancy per pet with the chance of only having 1 offspring.