Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited March 2022
    I haven’t played the Parkers since early February! I was creating a love interest for one of the characters, playing him from birth to young adulthood. He aged up with all five positive character values and the Scouting Aptitude trait, AND I did it on normal lifespan. We won’t be meeting him for a while yet. I think I’ll get the wedding pack and do a test save to see how it all works.

sis might not be happy with me . cathtea. her precious elsa did something shocking. she fell in love................ with noel.
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 New features? I haven’t been keeping on top of Sims at all lately I’ll have to have a look. I did see a new Kit coming out though.

Thank you ^u^ I made one so far which came out okay, and the process isn’t as difficult as I thought it would be.

they updated neighborhood stories again.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here we are, my first pose. Bit of clipping on the hand through the clothes but not bad for a first one. It's designed to have magic effects edited over the top of it or something.
    eckkCQM.png
    they/them or she/her
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I haven't tried the game since the update but I can't see anything getting in the way of the game. It won't affect played Sims unless I want it to, and I'm not going to enable that so it might spice up the unplayed townies a bit more, give me more to work with.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Harvestfest comes around again in 1.60 Family Ties
    image.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    I've been having fun back with the Parkers...

Natalie and James (Emily's parents) having a NYE kiss whilst Emily and Clara ignore them :D

C9iAgtS.jpg
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    I started with the next generation of the not so berry 2.0 challenge

Chapter 02.01
    https://illusie.weebly.com/not-so-berry-challenge/chapter-0201

03-02-22-1-56-24-pm_orig.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I find that as both a reader and a writer, I have to see compelling characters that draw me into the world the writer has created with their story.

I write for both Sims 3 and JAG; two entirely different fandoms. But when it comes to writing it requires the same amount of skill to craft a compelling story.
    5:00AM; Checkpoint Bravo Bunker, 10 Summerhill Court; Two Years and Six Months Post - Apocalypse; June 1990

A lot had changed in two years. River pondered as she looked towards those who were engaged in tasks that were beneficial to the smooth-running operation of the bunker. My baby has grown into a little toddler and I've changed too as has everyone. This Apocalypse has changed us all and our outlook on life. We're not concerned about the mundane things we used to be obsessed with. If one compared what we used to think was important to survival, the latter is what is most important. She sighed Before the bombs fell, we'd have been worried about boys, whether they liked us, who was going out with whom, what the latest flick was at the movie theatre, all superficial things now when you look at what's gone on. We've all had to grow up far too quickly. I was a mother at nineteen. My boy is one year old now that I'm twenty. Which means that I'll be just thirty-nine when he turns my age now.

Andrew is, outside of Haruo my husband, is the light of my life. I'm his protector, his mama, his world and I would sacrifice my life to protect him. I want him to be strong, capable and a leader, just like his father.

Bebe burned the midnight oil and got her medical knowledge in record time, she's always been a great book learner and those medical texts they left us with were fascinating reading to her, which was essential since we needed medical staff. Let's hope others get that urge because we sorely need others who are medically trained. And Bebe is constantly expanding her knowledge in medicine to better help us. She has changed so much from the person I knew who was a prankster and lived for laughs. Now she's serious and dedicated in her field plus she and Phil have complemented each other as a married pair.

Phil was ever the prankster too and that would have normally brought Bebe and him together but now Phil is much more serious and dedicated to crafting the best meals that he can under the circumstances. He has become a whiz in the kitchen and for that we're thankful. I've had my handful of tasks to deal with so I haven't had time to get my cooking skill up to where I want it and it's great to have a chef who takes pride in his work and strives to give everyone the best possible dining experience even if we're stuck in the bunker and he's the only game in town.

Noel; he's always tending our gardens and working on the computer doing something. Or if neither of those two things, he's tinkering at the plumbot station or the science station doing something I can't wrap my mind around. Holly is now our nursery mother and she is good at it. She's got the family-oriented personality and she loves what she does. . Well, right now, she only has Andrew to deal with when I'm having to support my husband and what he's doing since Sam and Sandi have aged up to child and are independent of the needs of the nursery.

Sam and Sandi; who knew I'd be taking care of two children who lost their parents. Sandi and Sam are at the age now where they are testing their limits and what I'm willing to accept in behavior out of them. The thankful part of it is that they're readily willing to accept me and Haruo as their parents after losing their real parents. Sandi knew me as just River before this whole thing went down and she still remembers Molly, but she calls me Mom now because to her, that's who I am.

Yet whenever that happens I feel this twinge because Molly should be here to be that for her and frankly that's the worst part.

Sam does the same and my mind turns to Leighton and how he and Sam's Grandma Yumi should have been here as well. And it brings me to tears when I see Sam reach up and give Haruo a hug because it should have been Leighton who should have been the one receiving that hug from his son.

Haruo and I are just filling the roles and for Leighton's and Molly's memory we hope to raise Sam and Sandi to be strong and dedicated young adults since they can't be here to do so.

Yes, that is the cruel part of this whole experience we've undergone. So many parents can't be here to see the maturity and steadfastness of their children when placed in an extreme situation and that is the unfair crux of this whole Apocalypse because we've lost so many good people in Sunset Valley. So many families have been torn apart. I can only hope that we are able to set things right and get the earth back to what it was before. We can't let their deaths be in vain.

We live on in memory of them and what they sacrificed so that we could live.

I delve into how my characters are thinking because I want the readers to be able to “relate” to the character and think Hey…I’d feel that way too if that happened to me. That’s what gets your readers emotionally interested in your stories.

I learned to craft my stories without the benefit of pictures and that has coloured my actions on how i write my stories. They have to stand alone: pictures or no pictures.

A reader needs to be able to open up my story in the Sims 3 stories section of FFnet and be able to picture Sunset Valley in their mind without having ever played the game or have ever having seen the characters before. That’s why I go into so much detail on my stories and why my stories in the Legacy section of the forums appear to be big BLOCKS OF TEXT🤣 that seem to be overly descriptive punctuated by a few screenshots here and there.

Because I’m writing for text-readers, not just Sims players.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    The adventure continues... find the Stardewie characters and chapter links if you're catching up here.

qQNWYqw.png
    In today's chapter, Shane and Marnie make an appearance for the first time, Leah also interacts with Jade, and Jade visits the neighbor's ranch.
    Chapter 10: The Nearby Farm (SDVR)

she looks happy but at th same time ready to punch him .loli think its her hand postioning that lead me to that.

:D That's pretty accurate, @friendsfan367. Especially if you know Shane from Stardew Valley.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    More Stardew Remixed chapters... under spoiler with pictures and links. :):star:
    Enjoy! :star:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited March 2022
    EDIT 2: After cancelling the gaming laptop I cancelled the cancellation and I'm still getting it : P
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

What's funny is that I can recognize all the Sims you have in the picture :D
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231

What's funny is that I can recognize all the Sims you have in the picture :D

@rednenemon A Stardew Valley fan?? ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    The adventure continues... find the Stardewie characters and chapter links if you're catching up here.

qQNWYqw.png
    In today's chapter, Shane and Marnie make an appearance for the first time, Leah also interacts with Jade, and Jade visits the neighbor's ranch.
    Chapter 10: The Nearby Farm (SDVR)

she looks happy but at th same time ready to punch him .loli think its her hand postioning that lead me to that.

:D That's pretty accurate, @friendsfan367. Especially if you know Shane from Stardew Valley.

i'm suprised lauren didn't punch noel. or ayden. i don't have generration2 heir yet noel decided to take the story to another level somehow can i marry your son became ilove you. can we do it then they did. or ayden would be ayden punching noel
    Hazel and Lydia Parker finished their second term of university. They did pretty well. It won’t be long till they get married! So I’ll be getting the wedding pack soon, and creating a test save for it. I already have the names for the next generation picked out… they will be my first Ancient Bloodline Sims! About time too :D:D
    The wedding chapter I'm writing is turning into an epic...that's all I have to say right now.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I'm going to make a blog post on my other blog (not my Sims blog) about a particular issue on my mind at the moment. But I don't know how to title it. "Gamestores should sell PC games for people whom for reasons can't buy stuff online?"
    6adMCGP.gif
    The wedding chapter I'm writing is turning into an epic...that's all I have to say right now.

i had to write a unplanned divorce chapter. so the opposite of yours then i went into hiding. cause i was afraid to be here when sis read it cause it involved one of her fav chracthers.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    new chapter
    CBS2st3.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    @friendsfan367 That sounds like a lot of drama going on! It really does seem like the Benders have minds of their own : P

So my gaming laptop arrived (the one I bought then cancelled then couldn't cancel since it was already dispatched so stuck with it anyway :D ) and so far it runs really nice! I'm just installing Sims now. I'm going to run it + Realm of Magic, see how they both run before I get any more expansion packs. I'm excited!
    they/them or she/her
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Might make Mondays the normal post days for the BL redux. I don't have one ready for Monday but I'll see what I can do. This next one has a familiar character if you read the original. ;)
    Will and Hazel got engaged! :)<3

vnppncr.jpg

It was fun having her go round and tell her parents and sisters about it. Naturally her twin sister Lydia is the Sim of Honour.
    From an engagement to a wedding! Will Suzy make it up the aisle? Will she get cold feet? Will someone yell "NOOOOOOOO!" at the back of the church when the minister says "if there's anyone who has just cause to object to this wedding"? And has Neil showed up a day too early?

Chapter 149 You Are Cordially Invited

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2022/03/chapter-149-you-are-cordially-invited.html

ILEgy31.png

Oh, and it's a long chapter...just to warn you.
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 That sounds like a lot of drama going on! It really does seem like the Benders have minds of their own : P

So my gaming laptop arrived (the one I bought then cancelled then couldn't cancel since it was already dispatched so stuck with it anyway :D ) and so far it runs really nice! I'm just installing Sims now. I'm going to run it + Realm of Magic, see how they both run before I get any more expansion packs. I'm excited!

cathtea read it and i stoll got to live. but yeah it was dramatic. nnow i'm trying to fix the mod that caused it lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top