The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar04.jpg
    March 4: Bubbling Up!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. I had D.J. spend the day at one of the cauldrons in the Magic HQ. The cauldron is so huge that it doesn't fit right in the Halliwell Manor, so I ended up cheating that portion of the Aspiration on owning one. All others will be fulfilled by doing the necessary requirements in game.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar05.jpg
    March 5: Learning the Ways!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. I had D.J. spend the day practicing magic from the three spell circles. He learned three spells for the day, so I had him practice those to get his spell rank up. He is now at Spell Rank 2 - Acolyte.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 16th: A needed surprise

bxdfz5L.png
    As I entered HQ, I found Kaori and Gemma battling it out in the inner circle.
    SgYo8D6.png
    I was rooting for Kaori, but Gemma was just too advanced.
    rsisunS.png
    I encouraged her to keep trying and gifted her one of the wands I'd won yesterday. I offered to show her a few pointers, and we got to work. Meanwhile upstairs, Carol was taking advantage of a somewhat captive audience, and chatting up the sages.
    Z1AUmbh.png
    Morgyn came down after our lesson, and let me know everything was set, and that all that was needed was for Kaori to grab what she needed from her old house. I leaned in, "Actually", I said in a hushed voice, "I was hoping to get away with Kaori and Carol today or tomorrow since it's the weekend and Kaori really needs some alone time."
    fSdnE6M.png
    Morgyn smiled, "That's an excellent idea!" he said. "In fact I know the perfect place where you can take her. It's a getaway house for spellcasters in need of a vacation. It's been charmed to keep away unwanted eyes, and is fully furnished with activities for every age."
    9bF034B.png
    This sounded too good to be true. "How much does it cost?" I asked hesitantly. Morgyn nodded, "It does cost a fair amount," he said looking thoughtful. "I'll make a deal with you, if you can beat me in a duel, I'll go half in with you." I shook my head, "Morgyn, you've already done so much for us, I can't let you do this." Morgyn raised an eyebrow, "Ah, so you think you can beat me, let's see!" He whipped out his wand and zapped me, so I grabbed mine out and threw back a spell. Soon we where in the middle of a heated duel. I got a few shots in, but Morgyn wasn't holding back. Finally with a growl of effort, I grabbed hold of him and flipped him into the air and onto the floor.
    sGVsAhu.png
    Morgyn groaned as he lifted himself off the floor, "Well done," he wheezed, "You have some power in you for sure." He came over and handed me an envelope. "All the information for the house is in there, as well as a discounted bill. Pay whenever you can."
    UpiZ1Lk.png
    I didn't know what to say, so I just gave him a hug, "Thank you again Morgyn," I said, "for everything."
    U4YbCG1.png
    I went and held a quick yoga class to help pay for our vacation, and then went in search of Kaori and Carol. I found them nearby at a desk finishing up Carol's homework. I casually walked up to them and asked them to meet me up in the gardens before walking away to locate a quiet place to teleport.
    em2IEqG.png
    Kaori and Carol joined me outside the greenhouse a few minutes later, and I pulled them in close. "I've got a surprise for you two," I said, unable to keep myself from grinning, "Give me your hands."
    YPpKDLL.png
    Joined in a circle, I focused on the house pictured in the envelope Morgyn had given me, and in a flash we were off. "Ta da!" I said as we pulled apart. "Welcome to your home away from home for the next 24 hours!" Kaori looked shocked, "What is all this Adam?" she asked. I smiled, "I know you've wanted some alone time together," I explained, "so Morgyn hooked me up with this spellcaster rental. It's completely protected and fully furnished!" Carol squealed with delight and ran inside to check things out and Kaori came over for a hug. "Thanks Adam," she said, "I really needed this."
    VmhUmxd.png
    I led her inside and she went off to find the bathroom. I cast a delicioso spell, and conjured a rack of lamb. Hey, we were celebrating right, so why not? Carol sat down to eat, and I told her about all the fun things that came with the house. "There's play equipment out back, a room of toys upstairs, a hot tub on the deck, and a TV room and ice cream maker!"
    3Lf014G.png
    This got her excited, so she quickly finished her dinner and excused herself just as Kaori joined us.
    eItQsgQ.png
    "Wow Adam," Kaori said admiring the house, "this place is beautiful, but how can we afford it?" I smiled but shook my head, "Don't worry about that, it's all covered. All you have to do is enjoy yourself."
    Ecfb2F6.png
    We chatted while Kaori enjoyed her meal, and of course it soon turned to flirting.
    ZeOBxqL.png
    As Kaori finished up, I leaned in and whispered, "Would you like to take this to the bedroom?" Kaori actually giggled, which made me beam. "I don't know," she said coyly, "Is there anything in there worth seeing?" "I'll let you decide for yourself," I said pulling her into a kiss.
    CKqvkws.png
    We scampered to the bedroom and quickly got down to business.
    HKzR20X.png
    Afterward, Kaori fell asleep and I went up to check on Carol who had discovered the room of toys upstairs. "Did you want to sleep in here on the bunk, or in the fancy princess bed?" I asked.
    tCnGPy5.png
    Of course it was no contest, even though the princess room was obviously made more for a teen.
    mOEWYES.png
    I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight, before slipping in next to Kaori and falling asleep.
    TexBeIG.png

The rental was made by me for another save, and since I'm not currently playing online and can't use something from the gallery, I grabbed it for this purpose. It's called Cypress Terrace and is under RememberJoy if anyone's interested. I placed it in Willow Creek since that's not a world I'll be playing in.
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar06.jpg
    March 6: I Believe I Can Fly!

It was now Monday. After the Halliwell sisters came home from work, their magical assistance wasn't needed elsewhere. They were always happy for a free night off from having to work their magic somewhere else. As for D.J., he's been in Glimmerbrook for almost a week now. Because all of his personal belongings were still in Windenburg, he was feeling in a slump. D.J. missed hanging out with Adam and the rest of the Beautiful Minds club members. In the back of his mind, he was also wondering what was going on with Caitlin and her family in regard to him.

"Maybe we should go shopping." Phoebe states. "That always cheers me up. Maybe it will for D.J."
    "You'd find any excuse to go shopping." Piper says shaking her head.
    Prue chimes in, "We do need a few ingredients for a couple new spells. Plus, it will be nice for D.J. to explore the magic realm more instead of being cooped up inside here and the Magic HQ."
    "What do you say, chum? Want to go shopping with us?" Phoebe asks looking over at D.J.
    "I suppose. Do they sell phones?"
    Prue answers, "Just magical items. Even if they did, communication devices to the outside don't work here. It's to keep Glimmerbrook and the magic realm safe."

dj-03-035.jpg

The Halliwell sisters take D.J. to the magic shops. Phoebe grabs D.J.'s arm and pulls him over to the small shop selling brooms and crystals.

"You've got to have one of these. It'll make traveling around much easier for you until you learn the transportalate spell which allows you to go anywhere you want."
    D.J. looks nervously at the attendant behind the counter and whispers to Phoebe, "Is that a.....ghost?"
    "Oh, yes. She is from the spirit realm. Spirits run the shops here." Phoebe waves to the ghost. "We'll take one of those brooms over there, please!"
    "Are you serious?" D.J. asks. "I thought that was just make-believe that broomsticks were rode on. Aren't they made for witches, anyway?"
    "Witches would be considered spellcasters, right? And haven't you seen Harry Potter? Wizards can use them, too."
    "Wizards are real?"
    "Aren't witches?" Phoebe acknowledges and shoves the broom into D.J. "Now, all you have to do is imagine you're flying it. If you tell yourself you can ride it, it will happen."

dj-03-036.jpg

D.J. embarrassingly puts the broom between his legs.

"Fly broom, fly!" He shouts mockingly thinking this is silly.

All of a sudden, the broom lifts itself from the ground with D.J. still straddling it. He hangs on for dear life. Phoebe shouts for him to think where to go. He imagines himself flying around the top of the shops and that is exactly what the broom does. He flies over the Halliwell sisters and around the portal entrance.

dj-03-037.jpg
    dj-03-038.jpg
    dj-03-039.jpg

D.J. lands near Phoebe. She was impressed he didn't crash land his first try. She tells him he's an expert broom flier and offers a high five.

dj-03-040.jpg

Side Note:
    I've been waiting so long since I bought the Realm of Magic Pack to do some broom flying, I dedicated this daily image to that. I'm finally excited I got to do it and for this Challenge! :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 16: "When life brings big winds of change that almost blow you over, close your eyes, hold on tight and believe..."

iyjy5tV.png

Notes
    TSb9I3o.png
    The next day after doing his daily chores around the house, Cale went to his Doctor's appointment. He'd chosen someone random on the internet that would accept new patients, not knowing anything about them.

When he arrived, he filled out all the necessary paperwork and paid up front for the appointment. After waiting only a few moments, he was led to the office of a Dr. Zether Apist. He had no idea what he expected, but it sure wasn't the guy that welcomed him into his exam room.

Right away the interesting gentleman put his hands on Cale's rapidly bulging stomach.

"Ah, ja, let me ze here. I think I know what is vrong vith you my boy."

Qse4HvZ.png
    "I have zeen zis many times. You vill not die, but you vill feel uncomfortable for a few days."

nGJ28Ta.png
    "Congratulations Daddy, you are going to have ze baby!"

yJsZevV.png
    "What!? You're joking right?"
    "No, no I am very zerious! Come, let us zit, I vill explain, okay?"

VlFz5sf.png
    "Guys can't have babies, only girls can. I don't get it."
    "Oh, you poor delusional boy, ja, zay zertainly can have ze babies."
    "Tell me, did you recently get abducted by aliens?"
    "Aliens? What the hell? Aliens aren't real either! No, I didn't get abducted by any so called 'aliens.'"
    "Hmm, okay, zen did you black out for a period of time?"

wkK244L.png
    "Y-yeah. I figured I just passed out from being sick."
    "Nope, it was ze aliens, you vere abducted, impregnated, zay wiped ze memory und dumped you back in ze bedroom. Voila! Baby time!"

YNPyaMJ.png
    "OH MY GAWD! I don't believe it! How could I not know? I don't want a baby! I'm just a kid! How could this happen?"

ynlRNxi.png
    "Wait a minute! I'm a guy, it's not possible, you're wrong! I don't have the right, uh, equipment to have a baby."
    "Oh but I am very right. I vill explain for you, okay?"
    "I guess."

VIdwzG5.png
    "On zeir ship, ze aliens take a probe und stick it up ze dingle."

KNNkoun.png
    "Zen say shove it HARD to poke a hole in zeir to ze stomach where ze little alien baby vill grow."

pZYkiji.png
    "Zen zay have a party und laugh like zis, 'MUWAHAHAHA! Zilly human, he vill have our alien baby vich vill take over ze human world! MUWAHAHAHA!"

syo3eLD.png
    "Oh come on, that sounds so far fetched. How will this supposed baby get out of me if that's true, huh? Explain that!"
    "Oh! Zat is ze best part. I vill cut you open und zen ze little green, or maybe blue, purple, perhaps orange, vone never knows vhat color baby vill pop out und zay,"

JGEz2Vu.png
    "Hello Daddy, I am here to take over ze world. You must love me und take ze care of me. Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh!"

6BkB6OW.png
    "Okay, okay, you're just having fun with me now, aren't you?"
    "Oh ja, I always like to have ze fun vith my patients. Zay laugh und I laugh. It breaks ze ice."

gzbwrhG.png
    "But come on, tell me what's really going on, please? I'm worried sick that I'm dying or something."
    "Okay, let me take another look."

B2dWABQ.png
    "Hmm, ja, of course."
    "What!? What's wrong with me Doc?"

IQL6CKC.png
    "BOO! Still having ze alien baby. MUWAHAHAHA!"

7u0QgV5.png
    "Alright, I've had just about enough of this! What kind of a Doctor are you anyway?"
    "I am Ze Therapist."

KtgpmCp.png
    "AHHHH! I know your freakin' name, that's not what I meant. Oh forget it. You're going down bozo!"
    "hehehe Bozo, very original. Not like I haven't heard zat before. You look like ze smart boy, got any better up your sleeve to make ze Dr. laugh?"

gFFg8Sx.png
    "Ohhh Yeahhh, here it comes!"
    "Oh! Zuch a good trick! How do you make ze sparkles come out of zat?"
    "Morphonio Gnomious"

IzPYumB.png
    "HUZZA!"
    "Oh dear, ze trick zeems not to vork. Good try though kiddo. I enjoyed ze show!"
    "Wait for it..."

yPoLtaI.png
    yve7Q1j.png
    "Oi!"

q4qgg15.png
    Though the 'Doctor' wasn't able to help Cale figure out what was wrong with him, he did manage to do one good thing. He made him smile, if only for a moment. Cale decided he was done with crazy Doctors and would travel to the Realm. Hopefully L. would be able to figure out what was wrong.

Cale went back to reception and demanded his money back. It was only then he found out that the man wasn't a medical Doctor at all, he was a psychological therapist. The ladies in reception graciously refunded his money and called out 'Congratulations!' as he walked out the door.

(Congratulations? They're just as delusional as Bozo!)

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @LegacySims2017
    Love the way you're explaining how magic works for DJ, great job with that! Bummer DJ didn't win his first duel, but I'm sure he will at some point. Love his outfit by the way, never realized it came in white, I always chose black. Ah, no worries about the cauldron ordeal, love the screenshot! Looks like DJ is having fun learning magic judging by the smile on his face. :) Yay! His first broom! And he didn't fall off! Good job DJ! I just love brooms so much, they're fun to watch our Sims fly around on them.

Very nice of the sisters to offer to take him shopping in Caster's Alley. Great idea about no phone in the Realm to keep it safe from outsiders. Love the great time he had flying for the first time and his thoughts on the 'ghosts' and how 'silly' it was about the brooms at first. So fun watching you experience this for the first time. I'm glad you're enjoying it and so happy to hear this was your first time having any Sims use one in the challenge!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    March 17

K1xT4Fx.png

It's been a busy week - I've had a test every day and still have one later today and another one tomorrow, and my social life has been hectic too, so just a one screenshot update again. Robin did not win this duel against Simeon, unfortunately. Hopefully soon though! Also I'm sorry but comments will probably just have to wait until this weekend just since I'm so swamped with stuff :(
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 17
    mOxxp8Q.png
    Aaron finally returns to Glimmerbrook from the Magic Realm to an empty house...
    ~~~

And Hunter sits alone in San Myshuno, debating his options and only coming to one conclusion.
    R7pSQm4.png

He needs a freaking drink.
    3rTr6nV.png

It's only when he's ordered that he realises the bartender is another spellcaster.
    CqJhdgp.png

The bartender, perhaps realising that Hunter is a vampire (or just more likely that Hunter is a teen), refuses to serve him.
    bQZJs03.png
    IkNCcPS.png

He leaves abruptly, to lose himself in shooting a few hoops.
    PJejwLT.png

It doesn't work. He doesn't suppose anything will at this point.
    yW0eq13.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited March 2022
    @permanentrose
    Mar 16: Very cute daily pic of Robin and Posey! <3
    Clem is gorgeous! And there goes woohoo_master69...
    Bahahaha of course risky woohoo strikes again, no surprises there :joy:
    Cale is clearly very fertile LMAO (and repeating something I said to Karababy recently... the amount of teen pregnancies in this challenge this year is astounding, and Cale's involved in like half of them :joy:)
    Love the house you downloaded for the Sages!

Mar 17: Ah bummer that Robin didn't win that duel! She will win a duel against him someday!
    Good luck! Having a test every day sounds so crappy :( And no worries about comments!

@Karababy52
    I'm intrigued now to see what Cale actually has, still haven't had the time to check out alien and spellcaster genetics in my game.
    I thought of something else much worse. o.O
    What did you think of? O.O Well I must not have much of an imagination because I can't think of anything super bad LOL
    Very cool you'll be trying to tie it in with your plans for Aaron
    Keyword being 'try'... Hopefully I can pull it off!
    Oh Aaron, Aaron, Aaron! Poor guy!
    We add this to the tally of how many times Aaron has done something that might kill him HAHA He did it autonomously too and I just let him lol
    ~~~
    Mar 16: HAHAHA YES is that the therapist from TS2??? :joy: Omg he's great, love his German accent LOL
    "Up ze dingle" !!! Laughed for far too long at this :joy: PERFECT! :D
    "Zen zay have a party und laugh like zis, 'MUWAHAHAHA! Zilly human, he vill have our alien baby vich vill take over ze human world! MUWAHAHAHA!" :joy::joy: This made my night HAHA
    Then him scaring Cale lol, love it! Cale looks so smug after turning him into a gnome :joy:
    Oh Cale... well I mean obviously he wouldn't believe him, but still! The bozo is correct! Sheesh!
    He'll really think he's dying when the baby's actually coming out then :joy:
    And if he does go to L... what's she gonna say??? She'll take one look at him and just know!
    Lol reception saying congratulations was perfect too, and love that they refunded him :D

@LegacySims2017
    Great series of updates with DJ! I still need to update his clothing and move him to Glimmerbrook in my game, but when I do hopefully he shows up!

Mar 3: I like your explanation of the magic words and how you're building up your own spellcaster lore :)

Mar 4: Draco!

Mar 5: Love DJ practicing magic in his underwear, while in the bathroom :joy:

Mar 6: Nice that the sisters took him shopping :)
    Glad he didn't fall off his broom! Not bad for your first flight, DJ! ;)

@RememberJoy
    Mar 16: Seems like the Sages absolutely adore little Carol!
    Ooh I like the idea of a getaway house just for spellcasters!
    Congrats Adam on another duel win!
    Looks like Kaori and Adam are going to have a wonderful vacation... I just wonder if that woohoo resulted in a little sibling for Carol (if you still have risky woohoo on of course ;) )
    edited March 2022
    March 17th: A much needed vacation

upNgld9.png
    I woke up and found Kaori in the kitchen watching the rain tapping against the windows. "Looks like an indoor day," she said as I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. I smiled and held her hands, "This is a virtuoso spellcaster you're talking to here. A little rain isn't going to stop our amazing day together." Carol came running in, "Daddy!" she said excitedly, "Can I go play in the rain?"
    VoGNdd4.png
    A rumble of thunder rattled the house and I shook my head. "I've got something even better," I said opening the back door, "Soon it'll be a sunny day." I went outside and pulled out my wand. With a quick wave, I pictured a beautiful warm sunny day and released it into the sky.
    N0XEoRM.png
    The rain slowed to a drizzle as I went back inside, and I told Carol she could go outside as soon as the rain stopped. In the meantime we pulled out the leftover lamb (why waste it), and had some breakfast. As soon as Carol finished eating she begged to go outside to play, and I told her to go enjoy herself.
    dkkC0QE.png
    Kaori and I cleaned up and went to cuddle on the couch. I gave her a little back massage and we cuddled before she suggested we go see what Carol was up to.
    DSrjTLf.png
    We found her playing on the spaceship jungle gym and I offered to push Kaori on the swings. The sun was now shining beautifully as I pushed her back and forth while also watching Carol 'space walk' and fight imaginary aliens. It was perfect.
    upNgld9.png
    Kaori got off the swing and gave me a hug, "This is wonderful," she said, "life almost feels normal again. I'm going to go get a little sun on the upstairs balcony, why don't you play with Carol for a bit. I know she'd love it."
    BpdbcJ9.png
    Kaori headed in, and I went over and asked if Carol would like a turn on the swings. Soon we were laughing together as I pushed her and told her some funny stories.
    Fy5smoQ.png
    We then moved to the jungle gym where I played a space monster as she ran around squealing with delight.
    Q6cVgO9.png
    As afternoon set in, my spell wore off and it began to rain again. Carol led me upstairs and told me she was going to put on a puppet show for me. It was a grand tale about a monster in the woods hunted by a detective and scientist, and it ended with them all becoming friends.
    9Cbeiol.png
    Kaori joined us halfway through the show looking a bit more tan, and we clapped at the finish together.
    swHWr9m.png
    I went downstairs to make some ice cream while Kaori and Carol settled in at the dollhouse for some mother daughter time. I found some mint extract and chocolate chips and whipped up a batch of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
    H7rlhea.png
    I topped it with some whipped cream and a peppermint stick, and called the girls down. We grabbed our ice cream and I led them back upstairs to the TV room. Carol picked out a movie about a lost dog returning home, and we sat down to watch while enjoying our minty treat.
    hs81LwR.png
    I really got into the movie and even cried when the dog returned home.
    Mf8BL32.png
    After the movie, we gathered in the study where I challenged Carol to a game of chess while Kaori used the computer to research colleges.
    kNKbN3W.png
    As our time at the rental neared it's end, we turned up some music and danced together, savoring these last few moments.
    CmYKodZ.png
    We packed up the little we had, including the leftover ice cream, and I transported us back to my place. I gave them both a hug and told them to return to the Realm, and I'd meet them in the morning.
    ifusXU9.png
    Kaori used her glimmerstone to transport them back, and I went inside to tend to my plants. As the sun set, I cautiously entered the seance room and lit some sacred candles I'd gotten from HQ. I was hoping to see if I could somehow contact Kaori's grandparents to find out the truth behind their deaths.
    Guze2iT.png
    I closed my eyes and reached out, searching for their familiar energy. I connected with something, but it was not who I was looking for, and they scolded me for making unsolicited calls. The lights flickered and I snapped out of it.
    ZfX8e1u.png
    Maybe I just need more practice. I noticed the green spirits were in the front yard again, so decided to try gifting them something new since honey no longer seemed to please them. I approached one and pulled out the leftover mint ice cream which was now close to melting anyhow. The spirit sucked it up and seemed excited as it flipped about. A weird looking statue appeared beneath it and the specter disappeared.
    UOojwiQ.png
    Huh, I guess spirits like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Maybe it's the green coloring. I picked up the statue and headed inside for the night.
    March 16th Comments:

@afai1261
    That daily pic! It looks like Aaron wants the slice of cake but also doesn't. :lol: Then opening the spoiler, he takes the bait. Eww. Cowplant saliva. Lucky he didn't die. L. or one of the other Sages would have had to use that resurrect spell.

@permanentrose
    I didn't know that about roommates, either. That is funny. Cale was like, 'Make room for my toys!' I guess congrats are in order to Clem and L. I like that house. It's magic looking and kind of looks like a tree house.

@RememberJoy
    Oooo...is Carol going to have a sibling? :blush:

@Karababy52
    I laughed when I saw the daily pic. I didn't even have to open the spoiler yet to know what is happening. :joy: But then... haha ha! I laughed and even snorted at the whole conversation between the doctor and Cale. That was just too funny, thank you for that. Is he going to remain a gnome or does that wear off? :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

@RememberJoy
    Oooo...is Carol going to have a sibling? :blush:
    afai1261 wrote: »

@RememberJoy
    I just wonder if that woohoo resulted in a little sibling for Carol (if you still have risky woohoo on of course ;) )

No I turned it off :D I'm not ready for them to have another baby yet, especially right before college.
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar07.jpg
    March 7: Cauldron of Concoctions!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. I had D.J. spend yet another day at one of the HQ's cauldrons. He's been building up a small collection. He can brew 5 of the 15 potions. He's 1/3 of knowing how to create all of them.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    February 18 - Fun At The Club

a-whole-group-was-watching-and-morgan-was-recording-them.png
    After the Dance Battle and the Skivvy Dance, everyone was in a good mood. Dylan got dressed in his dance crew outfit again. They did another group dance and Morgan videotaped it so they could critique their moves. Afterwards, Cale came over to chat with Dylan.

Cale: "Hey Dylan, just wondering...are you interested in Morgan?"

hey-dylan-are-you-crushing-on-morgan.png

The question caught Dylan off-guard, "Well...I...um...she's...well, she's a good friend..."

Cale looked at Dylan long and hard, "Um...friends...sure...I get it..." he commented and walked off to chat with Selena, of the Boom Shakers dance crew.

cale-getting-to-know-a-boom-shaker-better.png

And Cale wasn't the only one chatting up a member of the Boom Shakers. DJ and Kenzie sure look cozy together.

look-at-dj-and-kenzie-arm-in-arm.png

Dylan looked after Cale and wondered what the heck he meant by that. He saw Wolfgang and went over to talk to him.

DANCE-BATTLE-START.png

Wolfgang: "That was some epic Dance Battle, Dylan! You know Robin had a bet going on that Morgan would win, and most of us voted for you, but we lost bro. You can tell me if you lost on purpose, I won't say a word..."

bro-you-got-it-bad-for-morgan.png

Dylan: "Sorry, Wolfgang, Morgan won fair and square. I tried to impress her by doing a back flip and that was my downfall. To be honest, I wanted to win because well...who wouldn't want to see Morgan streak, right?" he replied laughing.

bro-she-is-into-yiou-take-the-next-step.png

Wolfgang looked at Dylan oddly, "Dude, are you crushing on Morgan? I've seen the two of you together bro, and I'm not the only one who has noticed. The two of you have this...this chemistry together..."

i-can-see-you-2-together-youi-know.png

Dylan: "Geez! That's what Jade told me. It's that obvious? But I mean we haven't flirted with each other or anything..."

Wolfgang: "Dude, you don't have to...if I didn't know either of you and walked into this club and saw the two of you, I'd think you were a couple. I could actually see you two together."

Dylan didn't say a word.

Wolfgang: "It's true, dude. I've known Morgan since I was a kid, and in all that time, I have never, ever seen her look at someone the way she looks at you. She is totally digging you..."

me-and-morgan.png

Dylan looked over to the dance floor to where Morgan was dancing. Yeah, he had to admit, he really liked her...actually more than liked her. When he wasn't around her, he was thinking about her. It was bad. He really just wanted to be with her all the time. But he knew he couldn't be. Because if he was, he'd have to tell her about the "real" Dylan, and be worried that he would put her in danger if the mob found him again. And he knew they would. It was just a matter of time.

Aaron, Adam and Robin were standing together watching Morgan on the dance floor.

Aaron: "Do you see how Dylan is looking at Morgan on the dance floor? Geez! There is something between those two...!"

Robin: "You are just seeing this now, Aaron? They couldn't keep their eyes off of each other the night we were choosing our dance crew outfits..."

Adam: "Do you think they've kissed yet?"

whoa-morgan-is-good.png

Robin: "Not a chance, or they would definitely be closer..."

Adam: "I am making a new bet. I need my $5 simoleons back. I am betting that Dylan will kiss Morgan at the Dance-Off Competition...unless Robin, you think that Morgan will make the first move..."

Robin: "Oh, I like this bet...I am going to stay with the winner, and bet that Morgan kisses the boy first..."

Aaron: "Oh yeah...count me in on this..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

hey-nice-to-meet-you-joaquin.png

A sim came up to them then, and Wolfgang introduced him as Joaquin LeChien. Joaquin had a French accent and started talking very rapidly.

this-is-a-winner-song.png

Joaquin: "Dylan...it is très (very) nice to meet you. Wolfgang has told me of votre (your) request, and I have the meilleure chanson (best song) for your group. This is one of the best Eurodance medleys of all time. When Wolfgang told me the name of your group, I immediately remembered the video for this chanson (song)...about a pirate radio station broadcasting at nuit (night). The song is about "a disc jockey, named McCoy, of a pirate radio station powered by four men with handcycle-mounted generators. A female is driving around la ville (town) on her moped, mounting posters promoting McCoy's radio broadcasts while listening to the broadcast on a boombox." This whole video says "Chain Breakers". Of course, there is l'amour (love) as well, as the fille (girl) is secretly in love with McCoy, but has never met him. McCoy lui parle dans son sommeil (he talks to her in her sleep)." Very original. A perfect fit pour (for) you! Regardez la video (Look at the video)!

this-is-so-good.png

After watching the video and hearing the song, both Wolfgang and Dylan agreed that this might just be the song they were looking for. Dylan and Wolfgang, along with Joaquin, headed over to where Jade was standing to talk to her about it. When Jade heard the song choice, she immediately agreed that it was perfect.

i-have-got-a-fab-song-for-you.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

meeting-another-group.png

And it looked like another dance crew had descended on The Narwhal Arms as well. The Jiggy Lows, although they weren't in their dance crew outfits. Dylan recognized Bryon and Aldo, and went over to chat with Iggy Pancakes.

the-jiggy-lows-were-there-as-well-as-the-boom-shakers.png

Many of the different crew members were friends and they decided to practice together. Kenzie, of the Boom Shakers decided to show off some moves.

kenzie-showing-off-some-moves.png

And Robin got a special light spin lesson from Jade.

SPIN-JADE.png

It was still early and everyone was having a great time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, on the Crumblin' Isle, Veronica Villareal had just finished reading a gossip piece about a new group that was rumored to be the "best new teen dance crew in Windenburg" and a "possible contender as the next champion in the Teen Dance-Off Competition". It was a small article and there was no photo of the group, but they were called the "Chain Breakers."

veronia-reading-the-gossip-news.png

How dare this columnist insinuate that this group...the Chain Breakers...might be the next champions! They are probably just trying to gain some readership. Really, these...Chain Breakers...can't be that good...could they?

what-do-these-gossip-columnists-know-anyway.png

Veronica scowled as she re-read the piece. Apparently, they met at some unsavory run-down place in town called The Narwhal Arms. Well, she would just have to go down there and see this group for herself.

she-would-just-have-to-do-a-bit-of-spuing-on-her-own.png

Of course, she couldn't go as herself. She wouldn't want anyone to know that she was actually spying on the competition like she was worried. As if! No, she would wear a disguise, blend in so no-one would recognize her.

Veronica changed and gazed at herself in the mirror.

"Perfect", she thought as she headed out the door towards the ferry.

no-one-would-recognize-her-she-would-blend-in.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Another Night, by The Real McCoy, 1994.

Another Night - Wikipedia info. There are actually two videos for this song, and this is the US version. The European version features two robots.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    Hi All,
    I was so tired last night that I didn't post anything. Now onto comments. Have a great day/night everyone!

@LegacySims2017 -
    Mar 7 - Nice daily shot of the bubbling cauldron and also a nice shot of him practicing magic in his towel in front of the mirror - Mar 6.

@RememberJoy -
    Mar 17 - Green chains on the swing...fitting for St. Patty's Day! lol Very cool that Adam changed the weather. Can spellcasters do that? Such a nice day that they had, and then Adam had to return to his haunted house again. And how sweet, even spirits like mint choco chip ice cream! lol :)

@afai1261 -
    Mar 17 - Oh gee, poor Aaron looks so sad, and Hunter doesn't look any better. Hunter looks really sad in San Myshuno...and the Spellcaster bartender won't even serve him because he's a vamp. Snap out of it Hunter. Go back to Aaron. Sheesh!

@permanentrose -
    Mar 17 - Great shot of Robin vs Simeon, even though she didn't win.

@Karababy52 -
    Mar 16 - I have to say I love ze doctor! lol Did you create him? He's fab! I bet you were cracking up when you wrote this! lol The whole conversation with ze doctor was hilarious...they shove it up the "dingle" lol Oh but ze doctor is so right, Cale....you are going to have ze baby. Of course, Cale takes his revenge and turns ze doctor into a gnome with glasses - love the effect. And even though he gets his simoleons back, the receptionist calls out Congrats. Hopefully when he gets to the Realm and talks to L, she will be able to enlighten him on what is wrong with him. Good luck there Cale! lol
    @SoulGal7
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @afai1261 -
    Mar 17 - Oh gee, poor Aaron looks so sad, and Hunter doesn't look any better. Hunter looks really sad in San Myshuno...and the Spellcaster bartender won't even serve him because he's a vamp. Snap out of it Hunter. Go back to Aaron. Sheesh!
    The lore I'm developing actually forbids Hunter from ever going back to Aaron while the latter is still a spellcaster which is why he's so upset.
    My next update will reveal more and refers back to my March 9 update :)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

@RememberJoy -
    lol Very cool that Adam changed the weather. Can spellcasters do that?

With a mod they can ;) I've got a lot of modded spells
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 17: "Life is full of surprises. You never know who you're going to meet that will change your life forever..."

GYkioH2.png

Notes
    4v6tbpp.png
    The next morning Cale's back began to ache. He also had pains in his stomach now and then. But that was nothing new.

3VYutez.png
    He had called L. with plans to meet her in the Realm after her lessons ended that day. However, as the morning wore on, his backache got worse and the squeezing waves of pain in his stomach seemed to be getting a bit stronger and lasting longer. Whatever he had was progressing very fast now and spreading throughout his body.

Troq5Zr.png
    "OHHHHHH OOOOOOO! AHHHHHH! GAWWWWWWD! HOLY HELL!"

Something seemed to be moving around in there again, fighting to get out which was fine with Cale, he wanted whatever was in there to come out NOW! Not only could he feel it, he could see it!
    (It's...kicking me? What kind of tumor kicks?)
    (Maybe it's not a tumor. Maybe it really IS a ba--)
    (SHUT UP! IT'S NOT A FREAKIN' BABY!)

cOhOGlf.png
    Whatever it was, Cale couldn't handle the pain anymore. Meeting with L. would have to wait, he needed to go to a hospital before he died, alone.
    (Oh man, I'm gonna die. I'll never be with Alessandra, I'll never grow up, I'll never get revenge on that monster. I'm doomed.)
    "Help me. Somebody help me!"
    (Why are you just sitting here whining for help and feeling sorry for yourself? There's nobody here but you! Save yourself. GO! GO! GO!)

Cale stood up and immediately transportalated himself to the nearest hospital. He wasn't getting much relief now, the pain kept coming in waves about 5 minutes apart.

QnX33My.png
    (Oh no! I think I peed my pants!)
    "Oh Hello zeir, I ze it iz time for ze baby, ja?"
    (I know that voice.)

Lcwquvv.png
    "What are YOU doing here?"
    "I verk here, I come to zee a patient in ze zych ward. By ze vay good trick you played on ze Doctor. You funny boy!"
    (Why am I just standing here talking to that loon? Go inside! Get away from him.)

ExQUwWo.png
    Cale ran, or rather waddled his way inside the hospital and stopped at the reception desk.
    "I need to see a Doctor, fast! I'm in constant pain and I think I might be dying. I might not have much time. Please, hurry!"

meuQHMr.png
    "First time having a baby am I right? Don't worry Dude, you probably won't die. I'll get someone from the OBGYN department here soon. I'll just need some information from you first."

oOFPbgs.png
    "What are you talking about? I'm a guy! I'm NOT having a baby, got it?"

BtPUL9G.png
    "Yes, he iz having ze baby. Kiddo is just in ze denial."
    "Oh Hello Doctor, one of your patients?"
    "No, no, I zee him yesterday, but he run avay after playing ze trick on me. I am here to zee another."
    "Okay, well, there are no Doctors available at the moment Sir. You will have to wait. Oh! Hey, maybe you could deliver this guy's baby Doctor? Can you do that?"
    "Oh ja, ja, I can do zat!. I vill help y--"

"NO! NOT HIM!"

Gcti4X8.png
    "Please, isn't there someone else that can help me? I don't want him. He's a nut!"

zKZzFBP.png
    "No, no wrong again Kiddo, I help ze 'nuts', as you zay. Ze Therapist is just a funny Bozo, zat's all."

x2M8GtZ.png
    Luckily for Cale, the receptionist finally noticed another Dr. standing outside that could help him. He was given the paperwork to fill out and after handing it back, he was asked if he could walk to an exam room on his own or did he need a wheelchair? Cale assured the guy he could walk there himself. He was then instructed to go down to the end of a hallway to a room on the right, put on a gown and wait.

OZmUqGu.png
    (What is THAT thing? Oh, I bet it's an MRI or X-ray machine, Yeah. Okay, I bet it'll be able to see what's going on inside me. Thank Gawd!)

SiqZEAI.png
    (I hope I don't have to wait very long.)
    (AHHHH! GAWD, more pain! Hurry up man, I'm dying here!)

SU6aH0V.png
    After just a few more minutes a woman Cale assumed was his Doctor entered the room.
    "Hello, my name is Dr. Maralyn Savant, please lay down in the machine and try not to move. We'll get you taken care of in no time, okay?"

flGo6CD.png
    Cale did as he was told and tried not to cry with the pain that was now constant.
    "Thank you Doctor. I hope you can see what's going on inside me. It hurts so much. I don't want to die. Please don't let me die."
    "Oh Honey, You'll be fine. You can trust me, I've delivered many babies in my 20 years working in the OBGYN department."

wes9eMy.png
    "Excuse me? Baby? I'm not having a baby. What are you talking about? Take a look, you'll see."
    "Oh but I am looking and I can clearly see a baby on this screen. It looks to be full term, healthy and is obviously ready to be born Mr. Conrad. You're going to be a Daddy very soon. Would you like to know if it's a boy or a girl? I won't say if you'd rather it was a surprise."

cUi6DdJ.png
    The shock from what Dr. Savant told Cale was just too much for him to handle. He fainted.

RKoArR9.png
    (Oh Hell! He really didn't know. Poor kid. Good thing this machine will do all the work. I better get this baby out of him very quickly. Here goes...)

WYehqVE.png
    Cale woke up a few minutes later, just in time to feel a tug and see Dr. Savant deliver his baby. She congratulated him and said the baby was healthy weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz. He was told to get dressed, and then it was time to meet his new baby boy!
    (Wow! Bozo, er. that therapist guy was right all along. Look at him...he...he's so little!)
    "Do you have an idea for a name for your Son Mr. Conrad?"
    Cale looked up at Dr. Savant and shook his head no. How could he? He didn't know he needed to have a name for a baby.
    (My baby...my boy...my....Son. This is so unreal.)
    (Hey little guy, how did you get here? Huh?)

HMKvCdH.png
    (He needs a name...what should I name him?)
    The baby boy started to fuss a little, so Cale cuddled him close, in awe of how soft and warm he was, and in awe of his little voice. He seemed so fragile. Cale thought for a few moments and then he had the perfect idea. He decided to name his Son after two of the most important people in his life right now.

VZkVuuJ.png
    "I think I'll name you Joe L. Conrad after my big bro Joel and L. What do you think little guy? Hi! I'm your Daddy and...I love you already."
    "blebbapllfftbla." Joe said waving his little hands and feet in the air.
    "I think he approves Mr. Conrad. It's a good name."
    "Thanks...can I take him home now? Or do we have to stay here for awhile or something?"
    "You can take him home. Just check out at the front desk. Make sure to follow the instructions on your release papers in the packet I gave you. You'll be sore for a couple days, but then you should be fine. If you have any questions or concerns, give me a call. My card with my number is in the packet."
    "Okay, thanks Dr. Savant."
    "You can call me Maralyn"
    "Alright, Maralyn and you can call me Cale. See you later."
    "Bye Cale...and little Joe."

E3dOTef.png
    In case anyone was wondering, when Cale got home, Joe was in the bedroom in a spellcaster bassinet. Whether he is a full spellcaster or perhaps half alien too, remains to be seen. I'm guessing I won't know for sure any of that until after he grows up to a toddler or maybe even a child, I have no idea. Maybe his skin color will change too? I guess that sometimes happens from what I've read. I guess we'll see.

Am I disappointed he's not a full alien? No, not really. It would've been cool, but oh well. Actually this may work out even better for the story I have in store for Cale and Joe. And, of course, Cale doesn't care about any of that. He's just happy he has a Son!
    *Updated my March 17th post above! I'll get started on comments, but I might not be able to finish them until in the morning. I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited March 2022
    I'll do proper comments later but want to address this now:

@Karababy52
    Joe is a spellcaster and I assume will have no alien powers, based entirely on my own very old experiences lol. Cale didn't have the spellcaster bassinet prior to the birth, correct? If he was automatically given it then yeah he's a spellcaster.
    Also I don't think his skin tone will change, if he was part alien he would have had the alien baby suit (even if he was an alien with a human skin tone - that baby that Regan and Blue had in my game that I've mentioned before was a full alien, had a human skintone and had the alien baby suit when she was born - if I remember correctly haha.) But then again I have no idea :joy:

And also I need to hurry up and make Aster give birth in my game already LOL
    edited March 2022
    March 18
    *This update was hard to write
    yQ6uxRV.png
    to the man I love,

You are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me, and I hurt you. In a fit of foolish, uncontrollable rage, I hurt you, and I know you're angry at me. Hell, you may even hate me.
    No apology will ever make up for how I have hurt you and used you. I don't expect you to forgive me. What I did was unforgivable. But I am so, so sorry. I love you so freaking much, and I lashed out on a stupid impulse, and... crap I didn't think it'd be this difficult

This is not a break-up, think of it more as a break. I still love you but we just need to be apart for a while. You lit up my life like no-one else and you meant the world to me... well, still do. I'm just afraid of what I might do, could've done, if I stayed. I couldn't. I just couldn't.
    I don't know why I did it and if I were to ever do it again... I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive myself. But I did do it. I put you through that hell again. And if you're reading this... then I guess you got out, and I love you for that.

Take care of Yoshi, okay? why am i saying that i know you will

I love you Aaron, but right now we can't be together and... it's so freaking hard to admit this but... if being a spellcaster is what you want in life then we can't... AAARRRGGGHHH I- spellcasters and vampires have never- CRAP

I'm sorry. I'm so freaking sorry.
    Maybe we can try again when I- when you-
    when we're human again
    Iv3w0cA.png
    SB4cvpg.png
    4rCKptH.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited March 2022
    @RememberJoy
    Mar 17: Love seeing Kaori and Adam get some well deserved down time and having some fun on the swings in the daily pic! Also Kaori's legs, wow!
    That pic of Adam changing the weather looks awesome!
    Love leftover lamb for breakfast lol
    Aww look at Adam, Kaori and Carol having a perfect wonderful little domestic life! It's all so sweet :bawling:
    OMG I forget about the puppet theatre, so cute! And I forget about the icecream maker too LOL
    I hope Adam is able to contact Kaori's grandparents! Living in a haunted house and learning the medium skill out of necessity has some perks then!

Haha don't blame you for turning risky woohoo off :joy:

@LegacySims2017
    Mar 7: Poor DJ sweating over that cauldron! He's making some excellent progress though! :smiley:

@SoulGal7
    Feb 18: Lol there's everyone dancing in your daily pic and Morgan just off to the side taking a selfie :joy:
    HAHA DJ and Kenzie :D I love glitches like that!
    Of course they're taking bets on the progression of Dylan and Morgan's interactions haha
    OH NO IT'S VERONICA... Things are about to get a lot more... um, bad... Look out, Dylan! I cannot see Veronica's little espionage going well at all... Also I'm pretty sure he's going to see right through her disguise...

@Karababy52
    Mar 17: Right from the daily image... IT'S BABY TIME LET'S GOOOOOOO :D
    Poor Cale though with his sore back and stomach pain! But I mean he's going to put all of his girlfriends through that too when he gets his 100 99 more babies, soooo...
    Oh so he doesn't get to go see L, huh? Dang her reaction would have probably been pretty funny :joy: But now I'm imagining what she'll say when he tells her he gave birth LOL
    "What kind of tumour kicks?" One that you're about to give birth to!
    Hehehe of course the therapist shows up again, he's a riot! (still glad that Maralyn was his doctor though, even if she is erratic HAHA)
    That's not Jim Beam I mean James Beam at the reception desk, is it?
    Look at papa Cale! <3 And it's a boy, aww!
    His name is absolutely perfect!!! Little Joe! So cute! And L as his middle name is great too haha.
    Yeah like I said before I think he is a spellcaster, but I was wrong about the alien baby suit thing - hybrid babies (that is, offspring of an alien and a human from try for baby and not abduction) or part-aliens are born with the normal baby outfit and alien skintone: here you can see my purple alien's kid with Knox :)
    Purple alien (his name is Jaxen) is currently in disguise haha
    O6eOBTQ.png
    ljHKe5W.png

This is what he normally looks like (really I just wanted to share a picture of him LOL)
    afIytkt.png

These children with Vlad = full aliens (have the alien baby suit)
    D770Aue.png
    E7pqizL.png
    edited March 2022
    @permanentrose
    No worries about comments, it's cool. Whenever you have time. :) Love the screenshot of Robin dueling with Simeon. Bummer she didn't win, but she will, eventually. :)

@afai1261
    Aww man, poor Hunter. Yeah, I'm sure it was because Hunter was a teen rather than a vampire is why the bartender didn't serve him. Gorgeous spellcaster by the way! Of course shooting some hoops didn't help, nothing will, except...time. But even then, he's always going to have a hole in his heart where Aaron belongs until they are together again. :'(

What did I think you would do? One thought for some reason was that he'd hunt down Hunter, confront him and then maybe use some spells on him in a fit of anger or something like that. Maybe end it for good and find another boyfriend, flaunt him in front of Hunter, maybe let him catch them in bed or something. I don't know. Honestly my very, very FIRST thought was that Aaron would end up dead somehow and then Hunter would kill himself or something Romeo and Juliet style. Which, very stupid thought. Why would you do that? You wouldn't. 🙄

Yes, he is the famous Therapist from TS2, I made him for The Sims 18th Anniversary Contest here on the forums back in February 2018. Here's a link to that post if you want to check it out. I think he might still be on the Gallery too. :)

Ze Therapist

:D:D:D I was laughing SO hard writing that update. I still laugh like a loon when I think about that 'dingle' line. So fun! I love the zilly Bozo! ;) So happy you enjoyed my little break from ze zerious for a bit to inject some humor into Cale's zituation! No, L. didn't get a chance to talk to Cale before he had the baby, however, he did miss their appointment. Perhaps she'll show up at the house to make sure he's okay. :) I couldn't resist throwing in that 'congratulations' from reception. hehe

Thanks for the info. about Joe. I'm guessing you're right, he's most likely just a Spellcaster and nothing else. No, I didn't have the bassinet already in the bedroom, it came with Joe. :) I'm contemplating changing Joe's skintone to purple myself after he ages to a toddler, just for story purposes of course, or maybe I'll wait until he's a child. We'll see. :)

Oh man, that note is seriously heart-breaking to read in full. I'm glad it was actually longer than the excerpt you posting previously. Oh God, Aaron's reaction, burning the photo of the two of them. Wow! I don't blame him, but you're choking me up again here. So dang sad. :'(:'(

hehe Yep, poor guy, he's getting a big taste of what all his future ladies will feel. But it will be 100, not 99. Joe doesn't count for that side challenge since Ellu and I agreed not to start that until our guys were YAs. ;)

Yes, it seems Maralyn is destined to be the Doctor for all the babies in this save, as she was last year too. Well, except her own with Cale hopefully later in the challenge. ;) I wonder if Ze Therapist will end up being her Doctor. HAHA! I hope so! Yes, that's James Beam! Yay! I wondered if you'd catch it was him or not. :)

I had another name picked out and the baby actually has that name at the moment, Cam. But I'll change it when he ages up to a toddler. I hadn't even thought about the fact the baby would need a name until last minute. After I gave him Cam, I thought up the Joe L. name. See, I wanted the baby to be named after his Mom if it was a girl, but then it turned out to be a boy. I love the name Cam, so went with that instead at first.

However, I love trying to combine the parents names for any children too. I couldn't think of something good to combine Cale and Aurora though and anyway, he wouldn't know that was the baby Mama's name. Then of course I thought of Joel, who means a lot to Cale. And then L. How to combine those two? Well D'uh, Joel ends in an L which seemed perfect. But I didn't want Cale's baby to be named Joel since it might get confusing later, so went with L for his middle name and Joe for his first. It still sounds like Joel when you read it though. ;)

Whoa! Jaxon is seriously gorgeous in disguise AND in his true alien form! <3 Great pics, thanks so much for sharing! Judging by those pics and what you've found from your occult combo offspring, I'm guessing that Joe is indeed just a spellcaster now. Like I said, I'm good with that. It'll make what I have in mind all the better actually. :) Still would've been cool to have an alien baby. I've only ever had three from an abduction in all the years I've been playing Sims; twins (boy/girl) and a single male.

@LegacySims2017
    hehe So glad you enjoyed my update with Ze Therapist. I think that update has to be my favorite of all so far this year. Needed some humor in this situation with Cale. No, it wears off after awhile depending on how skilled your spellcaster happens to be. With potions, they last longer depending on the quality too. :)

Great pic of DJ at the cauldron. I love that animation they do when first learning to brew. I imagine it would very hot hunching over a bubbling pot of ingredients like that. hehe Cool he knows how to make 5 potions now. :)

@SoulGal7
    hehe Oh man, run Cale, run! The look Dylan is giving him when he asks about Morgan, looks like he wants to beat him up or something. :D So glad Cale could read his face and knew it was best to forget about romancing Morgan himself. Of course he just checks out another chick, Selena! hehe That's Cale! Of course everyone knows how he feels about Morgan and how she feels about him, it's obvious, Wolfgang is right. hehe And now there's a bet on who will kiss who first. Love it! <3

Hi Joaquin! Wondered when he was going to show up. Sounds like a very cool and 'hip' song to be the one they use in the competition. Didn't know it was real until you gave the link at the end. I'll have to check that out!

Uh oh! Yeah, I wondered when SHE was going to show up again too. Nice disguise Veronica! hehe Boy is she in for a shock when she finds out who is leading the Chain Breakers. hehe

Thanks about Ze Therapist! Yes, I made him for The Sims 18th Anniversary Contest back in February 2018. I think he's still on my Gallery if you want him for yourself. :) That dingle remark still makes me giggle whenever I read it, I did laugh my butt off writing that update, so fun! Of course I just had to photoshop glasses on that Gnome, it just seemed like the perfect touch. hehe Cale never got a chance to talk to L. before the baby was born, oh well. Perhaps she'll visit him very soon. ;)
    March 18th: Haunted by the past (in more than one way)

Xm6bl0G.png
    I returned to HQ early and found Kaori up in the kitchen finishing her breakfast. "Are you feeling up to visiting your old home today Kaori?" I asked quietly, sitting down across from her. "I know it's going to be tough."
    6axzzF3.png
    Kaori smiled weakly, "I'm ready as I'll ever be Adam," she said with a slight catch in her voice. "Let's just wait until Carol is off to school, she should be joining us any minute." Carol walked in just then and ran over to give me a hug before grabbing some food and joining us at the table. "Sweetie?" I asked gently, "We're going to be grabbing a few things from your old house, is there anything you'd like us to grab for you?" Tears filled Carol's eyes, "You're going to grandma and grandpa's without me?" she asked, "I want to come too."
    9F3TmWk.png
    I leaned over and held her hand, "I know you do sweetie," I said sadly, "but it's better if you stay here and go to school. We won't be there very long anyways." She nodded bravely and finished her food. Before she left to go to class, she gave me a hug and told me the couple things she wanted us to grab for her. I told Kaori to meet me in the gardens again, and teleported away. A minute later Kaori flew in on a broom she said she'd won in a duel. I'm so proud of her!
    Nzaay95.png
    We joined hands and I focused on her old kitchen, and with a flash we were away.
    sUVifg1.png
    We appeared in the kitchen and looked around, feeling a little disoriented. The house was dark and stuffy and had clearly been shut up since that fateful day.
    KBDIhxS.png
    Kaori burst into tears and I held her close as we quietly cried together.
    DtA1LNS.png
    "There are so many memories in this house," she cried, squeezing me tightly, "I miss them so much!" We stood there until Kaori's sobs subsided. I grabbed her a wet cloth to cool her face with and then took her hand, "I know nothing I can say will help bring them back, but I love you Kaori, and together we can get through this." As we exited the kitchen I saw a shadow moving near the stairs, "Show yourself!" I ordered pulling Kaori behind me and whipping out my wand. A man stepped out into the dimly lit living room, hands up. "Fear not," he said, "I'm here on behalf of Morgyn." I sighed with relief and put away my wand, "Sorry," I apologized to the man, "I guess I'm a little jumpy." The man chuckled softly, "It was a good instinct," he said, "there's no need to apologize. Please sit." We joined him on the couch and he filled us in on the arrangements that had been made thus far. "We've found a buyer who is willing to pay you 80,000 simoleons for the house and all it's furniture," he explained. "Is this satisfactory, or would you like us to keep looking?"
    IDEcnIB.png
    Kaori's eyes widened, "80,000 simoleons," she said amazed, "that would be wonderful." The man smiled, "Than I may finish up the paperwork?" he asked. Kaori nodded, "Thank you so much," she said, "I can't tell you how much this all means to me." The man bowed, "It is my pleasure," he said standing up. "Now if you would follow me upstairs we can grab your personal items." We followed him up into Kaori's old room and quickly grabbed the few things she wanted to hang onto.
    oQjy30b.png
    She slowly entered her grandparent's old room gripping my hand tightly. She pulled down a painted scroll from the wall and looked at it sadly. "Carol always loved this painting," she said, "I'll save it for her." She than went and took the plant in their bathroom, "And this is for me to remember them by," she said, holding it close. We said our goodbyes to the man, who's name we found out was Stuart, and once again traveled back to the Magic Realm. Kaori excused herself saying she needed some time to sleep and process, and I assured her I'd be here for Carol when she returned from class. I didn't have to wait long, and we returned to the kitchen to talk. "Daddy?" Carol asked, "can you make me something good for dinner?"
    yFmGprO.png
    I laughed, Kaori had mentioned Carol was in a picky eater phase. "Alright Sweetie," I said. "What sounds good?" "A hotdog?" she asked. "One hotdog coming up!" I said with a wave of my wand. Carol eagerly pounced on it and we sat together and talked about how her classes were going. "Some of the work is hard," she said licking mustard off her finger, "I like some of it though, like math and science!" I laughed, "Most kids your age don't like math," I said, "so good for you. But now I'm curious, what subjects don't you like?"
    K8xp2R2.png
    She thought, "I don't really like gym I guess, the other kids don't like to choose me for their teams because I'm not a spellcaster." My heart dropped, "I'm sorry Sweetie," I said reaching across the table to take her hand. "If I could make you one I would, but it's too dangerous to infuse magic into a child who is not already born with it." She nodded, "I know Daddy," she said, "I'm not sad. I like everything else about my school." I squeezed her hand, "If you ever need to talk about anything," I said, "I'm here." She smiled, "Well I could use some help on my homework," she said pulling it out, "I'm having a hard time remembering my spelling words." We got to work and a couple hours later she could recite all her spelling words perfectly.
    jp7BMto.png
    "Nice work Kiddo!" I said, giving her a high five, "Did you want to go fishing?" Carol rubbed her eyes sleepily, "Can we do it tomorrow Daddy?" she asked, "I'm tired." I smiled, "You bet," I said taking her hand, "I'll show you were your mother's sleeping."
    vpwOnPK.png
    After tucking her in next to Kaori, I traveled back home for the night, feeling rather tired myself. I went out to tend my garden and tried out my herbio spell a couple times to see what I'd get. I had just finished successfully casting my third plant when Guidry appeared out of nowhere shouting, "Watch out! She's here!"
    oA6zTaw.png
    I jumped back from his sudden appearance, "Who's coming?" I asked, heart racing. "A nasty spirit by the name of Temperance!" he shouted again, "She's mean!" Before I could respond, another spirit appeared before us, flashing red.
    UwRAQQ5.png
    I wasn't sure how to proceed in this situation, so I greeted her as cordially as I could. "Hello," I said politely, "You must be Temperance?" She just glared at me and floated off into the house, leaving us behind. I turned to Guidry, "She seems... nice?" I said hesitantly, "Is she going to stick around?" Guidry sighed, "Most likely," he said sadly. "She doesn't like when other people move into our old house." This made me perk up, "Our?" I asked. Guidry nodded, "This was our home many decades ago," he explained. "Even when she was living she was, well, difficult to live with. Death has only made her worse."
    MSGa09j.png
    I rubbed my temples, "Is there anything I should know about her?" I asked, feeling suddenly exhausted. Guidry shrugged, "She hates a certain idol, for reasons I will not go into; if you place one in a room, she will avoid going in there." I pulled out the statue I'd received from the specter the other night, "Like this one?" I asked. Guidry looked amazed, "Yes!" he said bewildered, "Where did you find one?" I hefted it up to get a better look at it. "A spirit gave it to me in exchange for some mint chocolate chip ice cream," I said distractedly. "Do you have any recommendations on the best place to put this thing?" Guidry nodded, "Put it in the seance room," he said. "Otherwise Temperance will try to call in more unpleasant spirits to torment you!" I sighed again; the Magic Realm was looking more and more like a better place to stay. I went upstairs and set the idol on the table, and immediately I could feel a more positive energy fill the room.
    mVaTIOY.png
    Knowing I wasn't going to get any sleep that night, I copied myself another plentiful needs potion and downed it's contents. What a wild day!
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 18: "My fingers may be small, but I've got my Daddy wrapped around them..."

RISZnfE.png

Notes
    qtfpxlj.png
    On the way home from the hospital, Cale realized he had nothing he needed to take care of a baby. He knew Joe would need bottles, formula, diapers and a bassinet at the very least. The problem was, he had no idea what else he might need and where to get all that stuff. A bit frantic, Cale remembered he had Dr. Savant's phone number.

She directed him to the nearest store to buy baby supplies and as Joe slept like a log in his arms, Cale walked around with an employee picking out what he needed. After paying for his purchases, he transportalated all of it plus himself and Joe home. It was so good to be a Spellcaster!

IQKgx1M.png
    Cale was scared, terrified actually. How was he supposed to take care of a baby all by himself? Joe was so small, vulnerable and helpless, depending on him for everything. Could he actually do this? The thought of putting Joe up for adoption never crossed his mind. Little Joe was his Son, a part of him.

He wondered one thing though, why did Joe look so normal? Weren't aliens supposed to be green or something? He acted like a normal baby, looked like one, and sounded like one too. Maybe that Bozo therapist was wrong about that at least.

But, if Joe wasn't an alien, where did he come from? How did he get pregnant? Well, Cale wasn't clueless, he knew how babies were made, but in the normal way. There was nothing normal about how he got Joe.

EfUI7I1.png
    But then Joe smiled and laughed at him and all those thoughts just slipped away. It didn't matter anyway. Cale loved Joe from the moment he laid eyes on him. He would raise him, love and protect him as best he could. Nobody or nothing was going to take him away. He'd fight tooth and nail if they tried.

yoFFmgZ.png
    "Daddy loves you little Joe. I don't know how you got here, but you're mine. I'll make sure you're always safe. That's a promise!" *Muwah*

oHIuxTq.png
    "Hey, would you like Daddy to sing you a song?"
    "blababablehboo"
    "hehe I'll take that to mean yes. Okay, I don't remember all the words, but I'll make something up, you won't know the difference anyway. Okay, let's see....um..."

I6O374i.png
    "Hush, little baby don't say a word, Papa's gonna buy you a mocking bird."

TiiXX24.png
    "And if that mocking bird don't sing, Papa's gonna buy you a teething ring."

PlF4S7K.png
    "And if that teething ring falls apart, Papa's gonna buy you a mini go-cart."

4NIwssF.png
    "And if that mini go-cart gets broke, Papa's gonna buy you a magic cloak."

Nk2nDXd.png
    "And if that magic cloak gets ripped, Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Skip."

nx0i05L.png
    "And if that dog named Skip runs away, Papa's gonna buy you a Chevrolet."

8Eyhqek.png
    "And if that Chevrolet breaks down, you'll still be the sweetest little babe in town." *sniff*

aOkbMWh.png
    As soon as Cale stopped singing, Joe began to start wailing.
    "Oh no! Oh no! Oh baby, Joe, hey, hey, don't cry!"

QlKf4RK.png
    (Oh man, what do I do?)

G0Gqx3h.png
    "Shhh, shhh, quiet Joe, you'll wake everybody up screaming so loud. They'll think I'm a bad Daddy. Shhh..."

QCcV9uo.png
    (Stop, just stop! Gawd! Why did I think I could do this?)

5H2ANqx.png
    (Watcher! Help me! What do I do?)
    Did you feed him?
    (You know I did. Changed his diaper too.)
    Okay, well, pick him up and try rocking him. I bet he'll stop crying then. Maybe he just wants to cuddle some more.
    (Are you sure that's all is wrong? He sounds like he's in pain or something.)
    I raised three kids, I think I know a little about babies dear. Trust me.

F7gWWsf.png
    Cale picked up little Joe and tried rocking him in his arms, swaying back and forth, back and forth while humming the song he'd just sung. After a few seconds, Joe stopped crying and stared at Cale.

(Hey! It worked! Thanks Watcher!)
    You'll welcome Cale.

vwBK9Op.png
    "You wanna see Daddy's funny face?"
    "Booga Booga Boo."

ClDw8MC.png
    "Doot de doot de doooo!"

DDMctgc.png
    (He laughed!)

EsvV8tK.png
    (Okay, you liked that, maybe you'll like this!)
    "I'm gonna get you!"

m0s6jWO.png
    *tickle tickle tickle*
    *ehehepfftblep*
    (Gawd, he's so precious!)
    *Yawn*
    (Aww, he's tired now. Okay, good. Let's try this again.)

Holding his breath and bracing for more screams, Cale carefully put Joe down again in the bassinet and gently rocked it.

r1PihxU.png
    Within moments, sweet little Joe fell fast asleep.

xxjeZAk.png
    (Thanks for the help Watcher, I think we'll be fine now. But don't go too far away, okay?)
    I'll always be here for you Cale, always...

Cale gave me a smile and then crawled into bed himself. Who knew taking care of such a tiny human being could be so exhausting? Well, there was the fact he'd just given birth to the little guy. That took a lot out of him too. Soon he too was fast asleep.

Have a good rest Cale, sweet dreams to you and little Joe...

Have a great rest of your day/night everyone! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top