Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I honestly miss the old phonecall system, like I know it could be annoying, but I find my game is so boring now that I'm not being asked to go out to lunch or hang out with my vampire friends because they have "something important to ask me". It just feels like a huge chunk of gameplay has been removed because the gurus couldn't be bothered to tune it properly.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    I don’t enjoy the gameplay aspect of the game
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I think the worst expansion pack (not game or stuff) is and always will be, Get Together. I hate clubs and never use Windenburg.

I use Windenburg, but I don't like clubs either. I think clubs are annoying and a waste of time.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I think vampires in Sims 4 are annoying and boring.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Explicit content is the thing that ruins so many quality tv shows. I don't need to see my sims woohoo, and I certainly don't want to see it. It's not why I play the game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree with you, @Metior_Ice.
    I like my games to leave things to the imagination not have it explicit adult.
    That's one of the reasons why I would only play Sims & Civilization games on my PC.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    @Metior_Ice and @serverfa

I don't understand - are you saying you find the game is too explicit? In what way?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Explicit content is the thing that ruins so many quality tv shows. I don't need to see my sims woohoo, and I certainly don't want to see it. It's not why I play the game.

Agreed!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I hate the fact that they got rid of birthday parties. It was a great way for my sim to meet all the friends of the birthday sim.

Huh? My sims still get invited to birthday parties.
    What they changed was that you shouldn't get invites to them if you have aging off....which makes sense, no?

Invited to birthday parties? That sounds like fun. I've never had it happen. (started playing in mid2020)
    Does it come with a particular pack?
    gen3-banner.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    That's an excellent question, @mightysprite...I honestly have no idea if it comes with a pack or is base game. What happens is that sims your played sim are friends with call you and invite them to their birthday party, and if you accept you get traveled to their home where the party ensues. I'm pretty sure it is base game though, as I seem to recall it was added in a patch in like.. 2015.
    Truth-be-told though, unplayed sims don't really throw particularly good parties. :lol:

I don't have sims get those invitations super-often, but it still does happen. The last time for me was about 4 or 5 days (real time) ago.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Could it be a mod @Stormkeep ?
    gen3-banner.png
    edited March 2022

To have it happen? No, it's part of the game. Just like getting calls inviting you to go places. They were added at the same time. Not having it happen could be mod related though. Like using mods that reduce (or eliminate) NPC calls and invitations would also effect the birthday parties.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it is basegame, I remember some people on forums talking about it because when you went to the party the person aged up, even if it wasn’t’t really time for them to. At least that is what others were saying. But, I haven’t seen that pop up in ages.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I think it is basegame, I remember some people on forums talking about it because when you went to the party the person aged up, even if it wasn’t’t really time for them to. At least that is what others were saying. But, I haven’t seen that pop up in ages.
    Yah, it was a big complaint. Though in the tuning there is weighting so that the sim having the birthday is most likely at least 'close' to aging up in the first place.

They reduced the frequency of those invitations in a patch in like.. 2020, which is why you probably haven't seen it in a while. Playing famous sims still makes it more frequent though, and I have several celebrities in my rotation.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited March 2022
    @mightysprite @Stormkeep @SheriSim57 They're definitely from the base game because I quite clearly remember my sims being invited to birthday parties before I had any DLC or CC at all. In fact, one of my sims was invited to one recently, but I didn't have my sim accept. I find the game-mechanics parties inconvenient and dull. They do seem more rare these days, but I'm not sure if that's because their tuning was adjusted at some point or because they have to compete for priority against so many other things if one has a lot of packs. Edit: Or both. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Detailed options for nails being added before body hair or without ever adding much in the way of facial hair after the base game just shows yet again that the developers hate men.

Heck even in the clothing pack for men pretty much all clothes seem more suited for women than men, containing skirts and all. Still they can't provide normal pants for men, which are a rarity in this game.

At this rate they might as well not even bother putting men in sims 5.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »

I don't understand - are you saying you find the game is too explicit? In what way?

@Kerrigan There is a trend with newer tv shows that have explicit scenes like woohoo.

Syfy, Netflix, and Amazon. They leave nothing to the imagination. Whoever watches some of their shows essentially watches the woohoo.

Mind you, the shows and their stories do not benefit from the woohoo.

The game is not too explicit and that's what I like. I don't think the game will benefit from removing censors.

I've had enough romance in my game with all the toddlers I'm leveling. I do not need to see where they come from 100 times.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited March 2022
    rhalius wrote: »
    Detailed options for nails being added before body hair or without ever adding much in the way of facial hair after the base game just shows yet again that the developers hate men.

Heck even in the clothing pack for men pretty much all clothes seem more suited for women than men, containing skirts and all. Still they can't provide normal pants for men, which are a rarity in this game.

I don't think they hate men. I think it's because they're focused on marketing to their largest demographic. According to a job posting they posted maybe a year or two(?) ago, they said 60% of players are women between the ages of 18-24. I guess I'm just in the minority then. I'm a woman in my thirties who almost exclusively plays male Sims.

It kind of reminds me of Barbie. "Here's our new series of Barbie. She's an astronaut, and a doctor, and a magician, and a scientist, and a stylist, and a chef now! Oh, here's our new model of Ken--He has a new shirt."
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    rhalius wrote: »

I don't think they hate men. I think it's because they're focused on marketing to their largest demographic. According to a job posting they posted maybe a year or two(?) ago, they said 60% of players are women between the ages of 18-24. I guess I'm just in the minority then. I'm a woman in my thirties who almost exclusively plays male Sims.

It kind of reminds me of Barbie. "Here's our new series of Barbie. She's an astronaut, and a doctor, and a magician, and a scientist, and a stylist, and a chef now! Oh, here's our new model of Ken--He has a new shirt."

Yeah, I think it’s definitely just giving the market what it wants. Look at how CC skews to the mostly female Instagram look, as well.
    edited March 2022
    @VeeDub @SheriSim57 @Stormkeep There is a reddit thread here about the birthday parties
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/omolv1/are_npcs_birthdays_still_a_thing/

For my current main game it could easily be the aging options that are the culprit... I am playing a large rotational game, aging on for active household only, and NPC aging is only on while I'm playing a particular one of the ~12 households, to keep everyone in the world aging at the same rate. Most of that household's friends are other played sims. So that reduces the odds of these invites happening quite a bit.

However, I'm also playing (less frequently) a challenge with aging on for everyone and short lifespan. I'm on the third generation in that game. And last year I spent 6 months playing a 5-generation legacy with aging on for everyone. No birthday party invites happened in those games.
    gen3-banner.png
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I am curious to see how many people will be brave enough to agree with this post, this is something that has been bugging me for a while about the Sims4. First I will say that I understand and agree with being inclusive for all races, genders, ethics, ages, and what ever You want to be. I am a free loving artist after all. Now the complaint. I know Maxis is trying to be Politically Correct and represent all people but..The balance is all wrong in the races, cultures, and appearances that represent each community in the packs. I think someone else made a post about this recently to. If my Sims live in the Tropics then most of the NPC's should represent that area and lifestyle, If they go visit somewhere that is suppose to be Japan then the NPCs should represent that area "for the most part" the problem is I am seeing most NPC's and townies with the same skin tones and wrong clothing, hair, make up, etc.. I think We should be able to change each NPC in full, skin tone, age, likes, and who they are.. just like You can change their clothes without using a Mod. I can give you a good example of an immersion breaking NPC that happened to me yesterday. My "YOUNG" Sims were having a pool party and hired a random NPC mixologist and the Townie that showed up came slumping in tired, She was about 100 years old and kept stopping to grab her aching back. She changed out of her mixologist uniform a few times into a gross low cut dress that looked horrid on her and went to sit down and relax on a lounger. I could do nothing to fix her. This kind of stuff is really annoying to me and if EA does not care to address it then at least give us the power to change the NPCs.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited March 2022
    That sounds like an issue with how randomly generated Sims are. When outfits are generated, the game doesn't care where the Sim comes from... it just vomits a random outfit. Same with randomly generated Sims: it's all just random. I hate it, too. That's why I just disable NPC generation with mods and make my own.

Now it's been awhile since I've played without mods, but I'm pretty sure you don't need mods to change Sims. With cheats enabled, type in cas.fulleditmode and you should be able to change anything you want.
    That sounds like an issue with how randomly generated Sims are. When outfits are generated, the game doesn't care where the Sim comes from... it just vomits a random outfit. Same with randomly generated Sims: it's all just random. I hate it, too. That's why I just disable NPC generation with mods and make my own.

Now it's been awhile since I've played without mods, but I'm pretty sure you don't need mods to change Sims. With cheats enabled, type in cas.fulleditmode and you should be able to change anything you want.

I am going to write that cheat down and try it out. Like you said though every time will be a new NPC that is random, I can live with fixing them on the fly though. I would love to use to Mods, I used a ton of them in Sims3 but I have been avoiding it until they have stopped updating and tweaking Sims4, then I will add mods. I hate having to take out broken mods and remove them and mess with them every time they do an update.
    Kerrigan wrote: »

I agree Kerrigan, I find it hard to believe that some people think Woohoo is to explicit?? They actually toned down Sims4 and I was bummed. It took a lot of the fun out of the Romance. The Sims4 Romance is for 14 year old's as it is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top