Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this will be the last year for sims 4

124...Next

Comments

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I predict that the sims 4 will become the sims 5. Why build a whole new game when you can just refresh the existing content to satisfy old players and gain new ones?

Sims 1 didn't become Sims 2....Sims 2 didn't become Sims 3...Sims 3 didn't become Sims 4....so why should sims 4 become Sims 5? Why keep a glitchy,buggy game that would require more and more memory on peoples' computers? The longer sims 4 goes on,the more computer memory it will take up.

I think EA is going to let people experience an exciting new world in Sims 5...who knows? Sims 5 may include open worlds,Create-a-World,Create-a-Style and other great things that Sims 4 is unable to handle.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    logion wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    There also seems to be a new maxis studio opening up in Europe. Idk what country specifically because they also allow remote options and accept ppl from various countries. There is also another studio in Texas. It seems tho that studio is developing a new ip separate from the sims series. But a new experience designer for sims 4 lives in Texas. But they also hire ppl remotely anywhere in North America.

Yeah, that was...last year I think? Or was it two years ago? I haven't seen that studio mentioned in the credits but they are supposedly working on the sims4.

It almost feels like their new IP from Texas is getting closer to release than The Sims 5, Sims Community reported last year some information about it.

It was in 2021 and if you check the job postings regularly you can kind of see the type of ppl they are hiring at each studio and it will also specifically say sims 4, or just the sims (which probably means sims 5), and then other times it will just mention a Maxis game and that seems to be the separate ip.

It does seem that game might release sooner than sims 5. I'm not sure but I think I've been seeing more job postings for it lately. But I would have to check again.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited March 2022
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I predict that the sims 4 will become the sims 5. Why build a whole new game when you can just refresh the existing content to satisfy old players and gain new ones?

I think it would be good for them to update an existing Sims game rather than start from scratch. For me I think improving Sims 3 would be better. Out of all the Sims games 3 is still my favourite. Turning it into Sims 5 would mean I could still play my games and update my gallery.

If 3 had 4’s build mode that would be epic. 3 is very temperamental when building! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

I don’t understand why every new Sims game needs a complete new engine.

Plus Sims 3 it’s easier to pick and choose your packs you want to play.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it could be the last year, but I doubt it. It's good they stepped away from the tagline Get....Get to Work, but seems they are going to use My Stories as a new tagline. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I think they might be thinking about gameplay surrounding the My Stories tagline rather than EPs or GPs that are about gameplay rather than pictures. (More of a mobile formula of how to play a game.)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I need the sims 4 to stay for at least a few more years. I have been interested in it for years but I just got the game September 2020 on a sale and I have quite a few expansion packs and game packs and if it ends I would be really sad because I probably wouldn’t be able to get it right away.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    While there are still things I'd like to see added to Sims 4, as this game has the potential to be better, I was glad to hear they're working on a Sims 5. Since Sims 4 is a patched up version of Sims Olympus, at least to my belief and thus in my opinion was rushed leaving us with limited content capability. It'll be nice to see a brand new Sims game built on an upgraded platform, maybe the base game won't be so boring and will actually have more fleshed out packs like Sims 1, 2, and 3 has had.

Though, I am skeptical of the multi-player of it. Even still they will probably at least carry on Sims 4 for another year after Sims 5 is released. If they announce Sims 5 this year and release next year or announce next year and release later on in that year, Sims 4 still gas at least 2 more years to it. Unless they decide to make Si.s 5 strictly multi-player and keep making content for Sims 4 then there's no telling how much longer it has.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Also want to add that recently there was a new job opening for an audio engineer. I know my first thought was bands too but it seems they had an opening for smth like this in the past too so idk if they have someone leaving or they need an extra person for some reason.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    YellowLady wrote: »
    I need the sims 4 to stay for at least a few more years. I have been interested in it for years but I just got the game September 2020 on a sale and I have quite a few expansion packs and game packs and if it ends I would be really sad because I probably wouldn’t be able to get it right away.

Even after they releases TS5, you'll still be able to play your game and purchase all of packs that were ever made for TS4. They just probably will not be making NEW packs for TS4 after TS5 comes out.

People still play, buy packs, and store content to this day for Sims 3, and the last pack for that game was released in October 2013.

So yeah, no worry about not being able to buy all of the packs you want for TS4 when TS5 comes out.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited March 2022
    YellowLady wrote: »

Even after they releases TS5, you'll still be able to play your game and purchase all of packs that were ever made for TS4. They just probably will not be making NEW packs for TS4 after TS5 comes out.

People still play, buy packs, and store content to this day for Sims 3, and the last pack for that game was released in October 2013.

So yeah, no worry about not being able to buy all of the packs you want for TS4 when TS5 comes out.

I had to take the Sims 3 store out of my internet favourites to stop going there so often 😂.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Lots of jobs going in EA at the moment when I checked for Sims 4 on their jobs site today. Some remote workers ok now, 6 "Experiencers", whatever that means, Redwood and several at Austin, Texas, so both Sims 4 and possible successor look ready to go on for a while yet. All regular employee status.

I hope so, as I like to play a game when it is still being worked on even though it may have ongoing bugs.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    My prediction is they'll go through for at least a year or two.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It's jumped the shark that's for sure. Without even yet covering all that previous versions covered or yet offering the depth. I've stopped caring that my Sims4 game has no zoom or first person view now, because I got my Sims2 to work and have rediscovered what engaging gameplay is.

Better luck next life, Sims franchise. Or get reborn as Paralives, whatever, I'm not picky :D
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    They said there's a bunch more content and now with Covid slowing things down, I'd say it will be a while. If they can't get together to make packs, then they didn't for working on Sims 5. I know that they have started it, but Covid has slowed it like everything else. Sims3 is my favorite, but there are several things I love about 4. I'm not happy about Sims 5. From what I hear, no open world, so it will be another Sims 4 no matter what they do.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think we will have 2 more years we just got Story progression so that should add a year or to our game I just hope the Sims 5 keeps all the best bit of the sims 5 and adds a lake world
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    These new storylines might be an idea they are trying out on Sims 4 to see if they'd be popular in Sims 5. Other than that they've employed some bright new programmers with bright ideas to match!