Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    March - Day 14: "Sometimes all you can do is smile, move on with your day and pretend you're okay..."

mYBobIN.png

Notes
    XTX5fa6.png
    Cale continued boxing for a few hours trying to forget about the bad potion incident. He was feeling like himself again so he decided the effects had run their course.

r5t5viP.png
    However, he was suddenly hungry. No food in the fridge, but it didn't matter. He knew the Delicioso spell to conjure up a meal.

xU4O2PS.png
    (Mmm, pepperoni pizza, my favorite!)

VLKI3EP.png
    (Wait, maybe I shouldn't eat this.)

1NrJO2p.png
    (What if there's something wrong with my spellcasting too?)

lqymEKy.png
    (Nah, it's cool. Stop being so paranoid. It was just a bad potion. Besides, I'm freakin' starving!)

wS36dn4.png
    Cale went inside to take care of his plate and take a leak. Almost immediately after he zipped up his pants he was hit by a bout of severe nausea.
    (Oh man, I think I'm gonna hurl! Breath, breath, hold it in.)

LsQcRRH.png
    He struggled against the urge to be sick, but it was all for naught.
    *Blarg*

HwBEiAk.png
    (Eww, gross! There goes my pizza. What a waste. Tasted much better going down.)

qNctLYp.png
    (I guess it's just not out of my system yet.)

GeHr6kr.png
    (No more spicy food for awhile. Yeah, just bland stuff...like applesauce.)
    *sigh* (I hate applesauce.)

GOs3wDK.png
    Cale cleaned up his disgusting mess and went into the bedroom to change his clothes.

exvddKk.png
    (Ugh! Not again! NO! Owwwwwie!)

hkzSgsD.png
    (Maybe I have a stomach bug or something instead? I should've hurled all the bad potion already.)
    (It doesn't explain why you blacked out though.)
    (It could be part of it, I think I remember hearing about people passing out from being sick before, yeah.)

YcNZY82.png
    (Should I call a Doctor...or maybe L. instead?)

Cale decided he wouldn't bother L. with whatever kind of bug he had or make an appointment to see a Doctor. If it was just a stomach bug or flu, which he was beginning to believe more than a bad potion, it would just have to run it's course.

The thought of calling L. just filled him with dread. It was embarrassing to think he'd not been paying enough attention to her lessons and didn't want her to know. He'd double check what he wrote down with the magic Tomes he'd bought in Caster's Alley instead.

He changed his clothes without another bout of nausea and thought maybe he should lay down for awhile. That's what people did when they were sick, right?

xU3XvQE.png
    However, he wasn't tired. As a compromise he went outside and did some stargazing. He told himself doing that counted as resting too. He also decided for the rest of the night and tomorrow, he'd take it easy on himself, nothing strenuous. He'd been meaning to play some video games with Joel and Josh anyway. It would give him time to check those Tomes too.

k6hz8bL.png
    Hungry again, Cale cast another Delicioso spell. This time he got Pasta Primavera.
    (Mmm, Gawd that smells so good!)
    (It's not applesauce though.)
    (So? Pasta's not spicy, it'll be fine.)

7QfI48Q.png
    (Wait...didn't I just eat an hour ago? Why am I so hungry again?)
    (You hurled that up though, remember?)
    (Oh yeah, that's why.)

jxaBwbv.png
    (What's with the smirk Watcher?)
    Oh, nothing. Just enjoying the fact you're a spellcaster and can get food, lots and lots of food, whenever you need it.
    (Okay, that's cool. Can I eat in peace now?)
    Sure, see you later Cale. Enjoy!

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    @Shadami
    The gloves are a reward accessory in the Style Influencer career. I've never played that career so I had no idea they were possible to get that way until I saw SoulGal's Dylan wearing them. I knew they weren't CC, but an in-game CAS accessory since she plays a vanilla game. I just found a Sim on the Gallery that had unlocked everything and put her in Cale's household, put the gloves on Cale and then deleted her. Easy peasy! :) I guess I could've gotten CC gloves, but I've been trying to keep my CC/Mods to a minimum. No worries whether you complete makeovers for our challenge Sims or not. It's totally your choice and not expected. It's cool. :)

Ah, yeah, I'd only show the ones that pertain to your story with Velma too. I just enjoy reading them since none of my celebrities have ever had their number leaked. hehe

Cale's reaction is probably a combination of the two reasons you've suggested. I don't blame him for freaking out since he's a teen without the expected maturity to handle such a big responsibility. If the baby is his, it'll be interesting how he handles that fact. It's been fascinating to read in the two other challengers stories where he has unexpectedly become a Daddy. I love to read how others interpret his personality, ideals, morals, etc. based on his traits and how I've played him. I'm looking forward to my own playthrough with Cale at the moment concerning babies too. It's going to be quite a wild ride! ;)

@LegacySims2017
    Thanks! Well, hey it's Cale! How else would he celebrate eh? hehe Me too! That waterfall is epic! Did you know there is a couple cabins and a water tower down in that valley below? I didn't until I panned down for that screenshot.

Aww, thanks for saying that about my Mood board, very sweet of you to say that! Highly doubt I have a chance, there are SO many talented and creative Simmers with more experience than I have with them. It's cool though, like I said. I didn't enter expecting to win, it was just fun trying something I've never done before and especially made me smile looking back through all my screenshots from last year. :)

Yes, the poor guy. He doesn't have a clue about it though, yet. ;) Aurora's parents are aliens so they might seem harsh and strict considering how human parents behave. But it's normal behavior for aliens. They are her parents, yes, but first and foremost, they are her superiors and must be shown respect, must follow alien protocol at all costs. The survival of their species depends on it. In my head canon/lore for not just them, but all aliens, only those who have assimilated with and live amongst the humans have adapted to their ways. It's just the way it is.

Eros and Venus have never left the ship when visiting the human world. It's going to be quite a culture shock for Eros when he goes to complete his daughter's assignment. He knows from his studies a little about what they are like, and their language, but not really the same as experiencing it for himself. hehe Should be fun writing that update. hehe Annnd, I've probably shared more than you care to know, but oh well. :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    Feb 16 - The Narwhal Arms Dance Practice

chain-breakers.png
    It was raining on Monday, and Dylan also received the bills. Blech!

MAIL-DELIVERED-MON.png
    MON-BILLS.png

And then off to school. During his absence, he had a visitor...oh Kaori...this sim is so smitten with Dylan. If Dylan only knew how she still pined for him, he would definitely make an effort to contact her.

MON-IN-THE-RAIN-KAORI-VISITS-2-ND-TIME.png

When Dylan got home from school, he decided to practice DJ'ing a bit, and then it was time to head to The Narwhal Arms for the Chain Breakers first dance practice. Dylan was pretty excited.

DYLAN-PRACTICING-DJ.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Dylan arrived, the whole dance crew seemed to arrive at the same time. Jade was already there, waiting for them. Another dance crew, called the Boom Shakers, were also meeting here tonight, and Cale recognized Kenzie outside.

CALE-OUTSIDE-CHATTING-UP-KENZIE.png

It wasn't busy, and Jade had them form the dance group on the dance floor

the-chain-brakers-dance.png

Jade: "Dylan, I am going to show off some moves for the group, and I want everyone to try and duplicate them, and then we will try a group dance. Okay, everyone, here goes. This is called the arm charm."

IM-GOING-TO-SHOW-YOU-SOME-MOVES.png

Jade continued to demo some moves, with each member trying to mimic them.

JADE-SHOWS-OFF-THE-ARM-CHARM.png

Jade thought they were doing rather well, and then led them through some steps for a dance routine. After the practice, she nodded to the DJ who started a song. Some of the Boom Shaker Dance Crew were watching them dance.

VELMA-WAS-THERE-WITH-THE-BOOM-SHAKERS.png

Jade: "All the music for the Dance-Off Competition is 1990's Euro Dance. So we need to choose a song with a good beat. Let's see how you do with this song..."Be My Lover" by La Bouche.

And the Chain Breakers attempted the dance routine on their own.

adam-bonked-himself.png

All was going well until Adam bonked himself on the head. Oh gee! Adam was not having a good night and missed a step.

Jade: "Adam, it's step, step, arm pump, extend. Try again..."

at-the-narshal-arms.png

And they practiced....and this time both DJ and Robin do a misstep.

BOTH-DJ-AND-ROBIN-MISS-THE-CUE.png

Jade: "Show some emotion during the dance...feel the song..." she shouted.

SHOW-THE-EMOTION.png

the-chain-brakders.png

AND-CALE-CLUBS-THE-DANCE.png

And now Cale hit himself in the face and forgot the steps. Oops!

OOPS-SORRY-EVEFRYONE.png

OH-GEE-THEY-NEED-WORK.png

Jade shook her head. Oh gee! They needed work, "Again...from the top..." she shouted.

After several more practice runs, Jade suggested they do a Dance Battle against each other. Wolfgang and Dylan did the first one, and unfortunately, Dylan didn't win that one.

dance-battle-fail-against-wolf.png

Afterwards, Jade had each member practice some of the moves she had shown earlier. Look at Aaron go with those batons! Woot!

look-at-aaron-go.png

ROBIN-PRACTICE.png

WOLF-PRACTICE.png

bad-bad-backflop.png

DJ attempted a back flip, but that didn't quite go as planned. And Jade called it a night.

Jade: "Alright, not bad for a first practice. Let's call it a night and we'll see everyone here again tomorrow."

GREAT-JOB-CREW.png

Most of the members were pretty tired and headed home. But Dylan decided to stay a bit and took over for the DJ. He did rather well, and even earned some tips.

dylan-fills-in-for-the-missing-dj.png
    Screenshot-1-in-tips.png

Wolfgang came up to him afterwards.

Wolfgang: "Dylan, I wanted to talk to you about the music choice. Jade and Partihaus are the reigning champs in the Young Adult age bracket for the Dance-Off, and I appreciate her song choice, but that song is just not us. Adam was having problems and Robin was complaining about the title of the song. This is not really my type of music, but I have a friend who is into Euro Dance music, and I thought I would see what songs he had and then you can listen to them. His name is Joaquin LeChien and he is a DJ. What do you think?"

I-CAN-GET-A-BETTER-SONG.png

Dylan looked at Wolfgang and thought about it, "I think that Jade picked this as a practice song. But you're right, we should choose a song that all the group likes and feels comfortable with. Sure...go ahead...talk to your friend and see what they come up with. It will be good to kind of listen to a few different tracks. Then we can present it to Jade and see what she thinks."

SOUNDS-GOOD-WOLFGANG.png

As Wolfgang left the club, Dylan saw Morgan near the bar and headed over to chat with her.

Dylan: "So, Morgan...how are you feeling after our first practice?"

Morgan: "Pretty good. I am really pumped after that."

I-AM-PUMPED.png

Dylan: "Yeah, me too. I think the group did rather well in the dance routine, but I kind of bombed in the Dance Battle against Wolfgang."

Morgan laughed, "Yeah, you did! Well, maybe tomorrow you can do the Dance Battle with me. It will be rather fun to win over you..."

YOU-WIN.png

Dylan: "Win over me? Oh...now you are asking for it. Okay, you're on for tomorrow night...dance battle it is! You are going to be so sorry you even said that..."

YOU-WIN-THATS-PRICELESS.png

PAOLO-IS-SEEING-THESE-2-TOGETHER.png

Morgan smirked. "I guess we'll find out tomorrow then..."

Dylan gave Morgan a sideways glance as they both headed out of the club together.

LAST-POSE.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Euro Dance is a '90s phenomena. Here is a great mix of 90s Euro Dance Medley by Pentatonix. Each group will be having a "signature" song for their competition.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @SoulGal7
    Awww, man, I knew it! Kaori is still pining for Dylan. <3 If only he knew. Was Cale flirting with Kenzie? Wouldn't surprise me. :D Ah yes, of course the competition is checking them out. Opps! Oh dang, lots of missteps and flub ups by several crew members. Come on Cale, you're a better dancer than that Dude! Tsk! hehe They look amazing dancing together though! Poor Jade, she's getting increasingly annoyed. :/

Oh bummer Dylan didn't win his dance battle with Wolfgang. Lookin' good Aaron, Robin and Wolfgang again! Ouch! Poor DJ, that had to hurt. At least he tried! Yay! \o/ Look at those tips for Dylan's DJ skills! Good job Dude! :) I see. Some of the dance crew members think the music is too old for them. I guess that makes sense since they're teens and the song was chosen by a YA. Of course Wolfgang is good friends with Joaquin in this save too, just makes sense. :) Oooo, I love the cheeky exchange between Morgan and Dylan with the trash talk over who will win their dance battle. hehe Of course it's all in good, flirty fun with these two! Can't wait to find out who wins! :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 14th: Moving to the Magic Realm

OMYbTBA.png
    When we got back from the Magic Realm, Carol was all revved up with excitement, so we kicked a ball back and forth to burn off extra energy.
    drsDj0t.png
    After a good workout, I brought her upstairs and tucked her into bed. Worried about another busy night, I went over to the seance table and tried to mimic what I'd seen Morgyn do earlier. Kaori came into the room in the middle of the ritual, and I think that kind of distracted me, because instead of feeling the energy calming down, it become more intense.
    IGVZcis.png
    Kaori left the room and a few seconds later Carol came running in, saying she had heard a weird noise and had seen a glowing green thing out in the yard.
    RMDqezs.png
    I tried to comfort her, but it didn't seem to help much. I went to check the front yard, and found a specter. I attempted to offer it more honey, but this time it didn't seem pleased by this offering because the lights began to flicker; which is odd, because we only have candles.
    m7zlKRb.png
    I went inside and created a plate of mac and cheese for Carol. I could see she was very tired, but too scared to sleep, so I called Kaori over and told her we were going to stay in the Magic Realm for the time being.
    7PsIBk7.png
    I transported us over, and quickly tucked Carol into one of their beds.
    PVHpLVy.png
    It was early morning now, and the perfect time for a sunrise yoga session.
    EeSLZSA.png
    Afterwards, I found Kaori talking with Morgyn, and he seemed to be giving her a few pointers in magic. I sat next to her and we cuddled a bit before I offered to teach her some of what I knew.
    wU55Skp.png
    We practiced together for a time, and she was soon able to graduate to Neophyte!
    64AIYZd.png
    We than sat down with Morgyn and discussed the need for Carol to attend a school of some kind. "I was hoping maybe we could enroll her in an online school", I said, "so that we can keep an eye on her". Morgyn nodded, "That's one option", he said, "but there's also a small school for children, held here in the Magic Realm. It's for children born as spellcasters, but I think I could get her in if that's something you'd be interested in". I looked over at Kaori, "I think that's a great idea", she said, "she needs children her age to play with, she's a very social child". Morgyn smiled, "Then it's settled, Carol will be enrolled in a couple days".
    1eeRU4T.png
    "There's also the issue of Kaori finishing high school", I said. "She has less than a year left, but she would like to graduate. Is there any way you can help her transfer to an online school?" Morgyn nodded again, "I think that can be arranged", he said, "is there anything else?"
    kxw8oLD.png
    Kaori spoke up, "My grandparents left their house to me, and I still need to clear it out to sell, but if what Adam says is true than it might not be safe to go back there". Morgyn stood up, "leave it to me", he said, "I have connections and can make the arrangements. If you have anything personal you want to keep, Adam can transport you in and out unseen". Kaori got up and gave Morgyn a big hug, "Thank you so much for everything", she said, "I was so worried about dealing with all these things on my own, is there any way I can repay you?" Morgyn chuckled, "No need", he said. "You're both spellcasters now, and we look out for each other here. It is my pleasure". As he walked away, I turned to Carol who had joined us in the middle of our conversation. "Guess what Carol!" I said, "You get to go to magic school!" She got very excited, "Really!?" she said, "Does that mean I can do magic now too?"
    cZkrMiV.png
    I laughed, "Not quite yet sweetie", I said, "But you'll get to go to school here, and we'll be nearby learning as well". I turned back to Kaori, "In the meantime, I think both you and Carol should change up you're looks and maybe even go by different names. Is there any name you like in particular?" Kaori thought, "I've always liked the name Katie", she said, "but do you really think it's necessary here?" I gave a side eye to a clone passing by, "Yes, yes I do". I led them both upstairs and we got to work. Kaori decided to go for a goth look, and once she was done, even I would have a hard time recognizing her now.
    bTWcowS.png
    With Carol, we decided to just dye her hair darker and change up her clothes and hairstyle. She wanted to be called Cordelia, after the princess, but we settled on Carlie. I sat down with Kaori on the bed, and told her she looked amazing, but sadly we were going to have to avoid being too friendly out in public. "We need to be strangers", I said, "I don't want to draw attention to you or Carol".
    PDVW71E.png
    "That's going to be hard for Carol", Kaori said, taking my hand, "she adores you Adam". I sighed, "It's going to be hard for me too", I said looking down at the floor, "I adore her as well". Speaking of Carol, I looked around and noticed she'd snuck off while we were talking. I went to go look for her and found her talking to one of those clones! The nerve! "I quickly cast a deliriate spell and he got up and wandered away.
    7rMM7nc.png
    I ran up to Carol and gave her a hug. "Honey", I said, "You can't keep wandering off like that.
    pGj1mlP.png
    And please don't talk to strangers unless your mother or I'm with you".
    SR1wmy8.png
    Together we grabbed some food, and sat down to eat. Soon after, Morgyn came over to tell us that things were being arranged. I let him know that Kaori and Carol were both going to be going by different names, and that they had changed up there looks.
    yJOKGZJ.png
    Morgyn thought it couldn't hurt, and said he'd change Carol's name for her class, but could not with Kaori, since her name was in the system already. Carol sat down next to me and said she was bored, so I zapped us up to the gardens, and we went fishing.
    eh84Xvn.png
    We each caught a fish, and Carol even found a toy in a old water pump, which thrilled her. Before we left, I bent down and told her that when we were down in HQ, she would have to spend more time with her mother when she wasn't at school; but that this would be our secret spot and we could hang out here whenever she wanted.
    Naai8zT.png
    When we got back, Carol somehow roped Morgyn into a game of chess, and I could see Kaori was settling into her online schooling, so I went to bed.
    b771Zm2.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar02.jpg
    March 2: Familiar!

The Halliwell sisters allowed D.J. to live in the Manor while he trains to be a spellcaster. Each of the sisters had their own room, but for the time being, Piper moved into Prue's room and allowed D.J. to sleep there. Since D.J. arrived in Glimmerbrook with literally no clothes, Phoebe offered to find him something in the outer realm. As D.J. was stuck in Glimmerbrook, he wasn't allowed to go shopping with her and relied on her judgement. He found out she was an advice columnist for a newspaper. She must have good taste in style hopefully, he thought to himself.

D.J. also found out more about the other two sisters, Prue and Piper. Prue was a photojournalist and Piper ran a restaurant. Their employment was in the non magical realm. This meant D.J. would be stuck by himself which would allow him to work on his magic spells alone. When the sisters were home, they would help him. His goal, placed from Piper, would be to defeat each sister at least once in a duel.

And since he couldn't leave Glimmerbrook, Prue made it clear that D.J. would need to help out around the Manor. There would be no freeloading. There were magic shops around and D.J. would be given simoleons to help purchase what he needed for potions. This dawned on D.J. that he didn't have his phone. It was in his locker in Windenburg. He had no way to make contact to anyone outside Glimmerbrook. Now was the moment he wished he could contact Enele in Mt. Komorebi or Adam in Windenburg. And he couldn't go to school. Not that the latter was a bad thing. But, he was just preparing for college.

The next morning after he was initiated as a spellcaster and received some new clothes bought by Phoebe, D.J. sat at the end of his bed thinking about all that had happened yesterday. He was happy to have a good night's rest in an actual bed, like when he was staying at Adam's place for a couple days. Now he had to figure out to learn magic and stop a curse placed on him.

dj-03-017.jpg

D.J. makes his way to the kitchen where the sisters were already having breakfast.

"Good morning. Did you sleep okay after all that you've been through?" Phoebe asks looking over at D.J.
    "Positively, I did. Spending many days and nights in a tent was rough." D.J replied.
    "Didn't you have a home? Parents?" Prue asks.
    "I do. My parents live in Newcrest. They fight a lot. I needed to get out. I wanted to have an adventure and go somewhere that I could be away from all the family drama."
    "Well, now you've got yourself in a new adventure and a whole new drama." Piper chimes in.

The four have breakfast and talk more. D.J. shares his time he had in Mt. Komorebi and how this bully, or evil spellcaster, had got him evicted from the land he was on. Then he shares about his time in Windenburg, making new friends. How he's learned yoga and meditation.

dj-03-018.jpg

After the sisters all leave for work, D.J. gets dressed and heads to the portal to the magic realm where the Magic HQ is located. In the HQ, there were bookshelves galore full of magic books. D.J. browses through them seeing which one will peek his interest. But there isn't one that stands out over the others, so he grabs one at random. Finding a table, he sits down to have a read. This is all a foreign language to him.

dj-03-019.jpg
    dj-03-020.jpg

However, D.J. finds a page with a picture of a dragon on it. He thinks maybe it's a spell that will turn him into a dragon. His mother has read him Sleeping Beauty before and the evil sorceress is able to turn into a dragon. He does his best to read the words on the page. When he finishes he could see a bright flash of light out of the corner of his eye. He is startled and jumps up. As he turns around, the light fades and reveals a small purple dragon flapping its wings staring at him. D.J. runs in a panic.

After D.J. gets outside, he can still hear flapping behind him. He turns around to see the tiny dragon still with him, staring at him with its glowing yellow eyes.

dj-03-024.jpg
    dj-03-021.jpg
    dj-03-022.jpg

Throughout the day, the baby dragon wouldn't stop following and staring at D.J. It was getting unnerving to him. Prue and Phoebe were the first to arrive home from work. D.J explains that he tried a spell from one of the books at the Magic HQ and this little dragon appeared and won't leave him alone.

"He's such a cute little guy!" Phoebe exclaims.
    "You summoned a baby dragon from the dragon realm." Prue tells D.J. "It is now your Familiar. It can't go back. It is a good thing, however. It will be there in the time of danger. It will do its best to protect you from harm. You may need it if you're going to go after an evil spellcaster."
    "But it won't go away!" D.J. whines and cringes as the dragon gets closer to him.
    "You can talk to it." Phoebe says and then looks at the dragon. "You're such a cutie, yes you are." The baby dragon nuzzles Phoebe's hand as she gives him a rub on the face.
    D.J. then looks over at the dragon and under his breath, "Can you just leave me be for a bit?" And with that, the baby dragon flies off.
    "Maybe potions are better suited for you right now. We can show you some magic over the weekend. You should also get to know your Familiar. Give it a name so you can summon it." Prue suggests.

dj-03-023.jpg

Later that night before D.J. settles in for another rest in a comfortable bed, D.J. calls out to the dragon and it flies in next to him.

"So, you're my Familiar. A personal pet I would call it. I think I am going to call you, Draco."

It's as if the dragon understands D.J. and bobs up and down acting excited for its name.

dj-03-025.jpg

Side Note:
    This is the first time I am actually playing the Realm of Magic Pack. So, I am just going through what the Aspiration requirements are via their comments when you put the mouse over. I searched for Tomes at the start and got the Orb of the Dragon instead of learning a spell. I thought that was pretty cool.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I'll do proper comments later tonight or maybe tomorrow but wanted to get to some replies first :)

@permanentrose
    Yeah Elle's (current) husband is Hunter's father, Lonnie who has shown up in my updates twice now :)
    I feel like Hunter is a total mama's boy (I mean after that mishap before he and Aaron climbed Mount Komorebi but they've made up now) so of course he'd go right back to her when he's feeling so awful like this.
    I really should start writing my updates ahead of time but I like procrastinating too much for that :joy:
    In some future update, Aaron duels L again, and again, and again... :D Take a wild guess at how many of those duels he won...

@Karababy52
    Hmm I'm not sure about the hybrid/full alien thing since Cale is an occult - when Regan and Blue actually had a baby in game, the child was a full alien even though Regan isn't an alien (and is a vampire). If Cale was still human then the kid would definitely not be a full alien, but occults having babies with other occults is messed up sometimes (or it used to be messed up, I haven't done anything like my genetics experiments in a while).
    Oh, and when my serial romantic alien had kids with Vlad, those kids were full aliens too. I regret not making that alien have kids with a spellcaster now... Then again, I do recall a different serial romantic alien of mine having a kid with Grace Anansi and that kid wasn't a full alien, as far as I remember. That was over 2 years ago now though so they may have changed some things since then. And my memory is kinda bad LOL. And now that I think about it, I don't even think that kid had an alien skintone o.O
    So based on my experiences, Cale's kid might be... anything, really... I genuinely don't know but I used to do a lot of genetics experiments around this exact thing. I really haven't done enough genetics experiments with spellcasters though haha. But it'll be super interesting to find out! :) I do remember having Audax get abducted ~2 years ago too, I just can't remember if his kid was a full alien or not. But like I said, 2 years ago so they may have changed it in a patch.
    Oh I used to play TS4 on a thing with 2gigs of RAM and my screenshots were even worse :joy: I love that combination of the purple skin with turquoise hair - I have a couple sims of my own with those exact colours! :) Also very good job on matching Romeo's disguise features to his non-disguised features! It can be so hard to do that right sometimes!

Yeah... those regrettable plans might involve some, uh... stuff... I don't want to give too much away but he's about to spiral and it's going to be a disaster. Like, a major disaster. you might hate me for it LOL

Poor Cale, he's not gonna know what hit him! I was just thinking out loud there when I mentioned the sages haha.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 15

m4SKBcf.png
    (I finally added Yoshi to my household, and since I didn't have a specific daily pic in mind and Robin doesn't even show up in my update today, I thought that this would make a cute daily pic :smile:)

----

Hunter and Aaron had stumbled upon an ancient library near Elle's house and decided to do some reading to learn more about the rift that had happened between spellcasters and vampires so long ago after his mother had shared all she knew.

"I wonder if Robin's found anything else out yet," Aaron muttered. "Seeing as I'm sure these history books are biased toward the vampire's side of things."
    3e6zECg.jpg

They were so engrossed in their reading that they didn't even notice the bat swoop in above them.
    05tQNGm.jpg
    VGP1fMi.jpg

"Did I hear someone say Robin? As in Robin Keyes?"
    p3TQrdz.jpg

"Yeah..." said Aaron, a bit hesitantly as the vampire sat down beside her. "You know her?"
    B1LCR4w.jpg

"I've known her since we were toddlers," she informed Aaron. "And recently, I've lost track of her, and it's driving me insane...I need to know that she's okay..."

"She's fine," Aaron told her. "She's living in Glimmerbrook - she's a spellcaster now actually."

"She's a WHAT? Sorry, I need to go now. Thank you for you help," she muttered quickly, before transforming into a bat and disappearing into a cloud of smoke.
    EUavEvn.jpg
    lmbcsBo.jpg

"What was that all about?" Aaron came to sit next to Hunter.
    "I don't know," Hunter admitted. "I think that's Vlad's granddaughter though. I've seen her around before. But I wouldn't worry too much - it's not like she can do anything to Robin. Vampires can't even enter Glimmerbrook."
    0l4s39p.jpg

But outside, Ophelia was still fuming. She picked up her phone and dialed a familiar number. "Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch, I need your help immediately."
    Dk7Vrna.jpg

Baz met her at her house soon after. "What's wrong, Phee? It's been ages since I've seen you..."
    TcODDP2.jpg

"It's a girl from my past - Robin...she's in Glimmerbrook. I can't believe I didn't even think to ask you, but it didn't cross my mind that she'd become a stupid spellcaster..." she couldn't her keep her thoughts straight, the anger and frustration still bubbling beneath her skin.
    EnFrlKp.jpg

"Robin? The girl you're in love with, right?"

"No, my sworn enemy," Ophelia corrected.

"Then why are you so concerned about her?" Baz said, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Because I need to keep tabs on her!" Ophelia spat. "You of all people should know that..."

"Yes, because my sworn enemy is now my boyfriend, and we obsessively stalked each other because we 'hated' each other so much."

"Okay, FINE, perhaps my feelings aren't quite loathing..." Ophelia admitted with a sigh of defeat. "But it's been driving me crazy because I haven't been able to find her for the past few months. But now I have it on good authority that she's in Glimmerbrook, and-"

"And you need my help," Baz sighed. "Because I'm the only spellcaster you're on speaking terms with, and I also happen to be a vampire who knows how to break through the protective charms that keep your kind our of Glimmerbrook."

"OUR kind," Ophelia corrected. "You'd make a darn good vampire if you let yourself properly be one..."

"You know I can't," sighed Baz. "It's too dangerous. Besides, I was born a spellcaster," he reminded her. "So you want me to check on Robin for you?" he concluded.
    vjYS8O0.jpg

"I want to see her for myself," Ophelia said softly, yet firmly.

"You know what you're asking me to do is really big favor, right?"

"I know, and I wouldn't be asking if it weren't important to me," Ophelia told him. "Thank you for helping me."
    KLQGSrt.jpg

As Baz left the Hollow, he noticed a familiar figure standing in the distance. "Aunt Fiona? What are you doing here?"
    ikuvb37.jpg

"I should be asking you the same thing. You're very far from Glimmerbrook, dear boy, and you know how dangerous keeping your secret is. Wouldn't want to compromise that, so I advise you be very careful, and don't ask me any questions, got it?" Baz nodded, zipping his lips shut, as he and his aunt transportalated back to Glimmerbrook.
    swRpexj.jpg

What was Fiona doing there? Well, it looks like she has a forbidden romance of her own blossoming :) (That's Markus Crow, by the way)
    CsLNASp.jpg

--

So I'm not sure of Baz's plan completely yet, but I have a few ideas that I'll attempt to execute over the next few days :)

Hopefully that all made sense. To explain just a bit more, in the book that Baz is from, he is indeed a magician and a vampire, and he and Simon (that cute blonde spellcaster who keeps showing up) were enemies who became lovers, a trope that I adore haha. And Baz lives with his magician aunt in the book too, who is having a secret affair with a vampire in the book as well. I really only included her in this update since I wanted to show that there's a lot of things in the works that are making a confrontation between the vampires and spellcasters imminent.

Also, just in case anyone forgot or needs a reminder, Ophelia is the daughter of Kat Cave and Lydia Straud (daughter of Vlad) and she and Robin have been friends since they were toddlers but have often argued/fought, so they have a bit of a tumultuous relationship. In Mt. Komorebi, Ophelia was one of the vampires who came to Robin's house, but for some reason, even after mesmerizing her, Ophelia didn't actually drink from her, and I thought that was a neat development, as in my mind, I feel like Ophelia has been nursing a crush on Robin for a long time....

(I apologize, I got carried away with story telling today so this got kind of long...)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited March 2022
    March 15
    *Yes, this update is another dueling one, sue me :joy:
    OCmORkF.png
    Fresh from his loss against L, Aaron challenges Grace again...
    QaKzWOL.png
    2YfkVuB.png
    HVJd2M0.png

STUPID TOWNIE GET OUT OF THE FREAKING WAY UGH *ahem*
    4VYVuXF.png
    noXqupr.png
    3gMMoGZ.png
    ...And finally wins! She gave him the Chillio spell :)

And that's it, I know it was boring and I'm sorry :joy:

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited March 2022
    @permanentrose
    Mar 14: Gorgeous daily pic!
    Ah there's my boy! <3
    OMG Cale just getting naked right there :joy: HAHAHA
    And then he gets dragged out to the Realm in nothing but his undies :D
    Oh wow lol I've used lilsimsie's HQ reno in other saves as well as this one and I've never noticed the Tragic Clown shrine :joy:
    The inside of the greenhouse looks awesome, and super cool that TOOL can do this!
    AHHHHH congrats to L and Simeon!!! Dang it now I want to put them together in my save but my Simeon is already married... to Katrina Caliente :joy:
    Transportalate is such a cool spell, I love the animation!

Mar 15: YOSHI!!!!! <3
    Love seeing Hunter and Aaron working together to uncover this lore!
    Lol I totally thought that bat was Elle at first :joy:
    But now I see it's Ophelia, ooooh...
    Oh Aaron you freaking idiot why did you have to go and blab about Robin being a spellcaster???
    Aaron looks so sad after she leaves!
    And there's the beautiful Baz... :love:
    "The girl you're in love with?" "No, my sworn enemy" :joy: Admit it Ophelia, you love her!
    Okay dang it I have to read this book now :D Enemies to lovers? Yesssss! Forbidden romances? Yessss :D

@Karababy52
    Mar 14: Poor Cale, feeling sick and he doesn't even know why! And he looks so distraught after vomiting!
    You need some ginger beer, Cale!
    He's going to be so confused (and probably even more distraught) when he, um, gets a bump :joy: I have no idea how he'll react to that but I don't think it's going to be good!
    Poor dude needs a hug and a massage
    Love that last pic where he's breaking the 4th wall! "What's with the smirk, Watcher?" She knows something you don't, Cale ;);)

"Sometimes all you can do is smile, move on with your day and pretend you're okay..."

Oh also oof this daily quote hit me right in the feels lol

@SoulGal7
    Feb 16: That daily pic with Morgan front and centre... ohhh yeahhh!
    Cale looks a bit worried that he's been caught with the competition :joy:
    So glad that Aaron didn't fail any of the moves haha! Love DJ and Robin failing in sync though :D
    Very fun update to see everyone dancing together, the matching outfits really add that extra oomph to the synchronised dances and I love it!

@RememberJoy
    Mar 14: Love Adam and Carol kicking the ball together!
    Poor Carol though, living in a haunted house must be so tough on her!
    "the lights began to flicker; which is odd, because we only have candles" :joy:
    Glad that the Realm has beds! Adam tucking Carol in and giving her a kiss is adorable <3
    Nice that Morgyn helped arrange their schooling!
    Ooh and now Kaori and Carol change their looks, interesting! Kaori looks so different but it works for her!

@LegacySims2017
    Mar 2: Such an adorable daily pic! Little Draco! Look at him! <3
    Aw poor DJ being scared of him at first though! He's harmless, DJ! I get that it might be a bit unnerving for a total newcomer to the world of magic to have a little thing constantly floating behind you though lol
    March 14th Comments:

@Shadami
    Is always fun to see the Challenge Sims in your gameplay story. Was cracking up at all the 'fan' messages being sent to Velma.

@permanentrose
    I think Cale wished he was in the bathtub being bathed. :joy: Maybe he got nekkid on the toilet to be next?! I like the new Magic Realm look. Is that the new HQ in the daily image? Or the garden?

@afai1261
    Aaron will one day defeat L. in a duel. And he'll get all giddy when he does.

@Karababy52
    If Cale only knew the truth. Ha, ha! He's in for a big surprise soon.
    It was good to see a bit of the backstory and lore of the aliens. I didn't mind what you shared. :smile:

@SoulGal7
    Go Chainbreakers! Not bad for a first rehearsal. Can't wait until the competition. Do you have a YouTube account? You should create the final competitions in a video style....if you can.

@RememberJoy
    I like Kaori's new look. She does look different, but you can still see it's her in small little ways. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 15th: Making friends and kicking butt

KPu7XsM.png
    I woke up from a dream about getting lost in an unknown school, and it reminded me that I still needed to apply for some scholarships for college. Kaori had told me she was still planning on going as it was something her grandparents had wanted for her, and had even set up a fund for. Having no such fund, I was going to need some scholarships. I applied for three, and sent them off.
    ta4tJ4N.png
    As I descended the stairs, I saw Carol heading out to join her new class, and silently wished her luck. After another sunrise yoga session, I whipped up a cauldron of food, and watched Kaori take on her first duel.
    1JtzqcG.png
    I was pleasantly surprised when she was able to beat the other spellcaster; she must be practicing.
    MO6iTm8.png
    As I finished up my food, Kaori casually walked up to my table, "Hey there," she said with a sly wink, "I'm new here. The name's Katie, and I've heard you're pretty good at this magic stuff. Care to give me any pointers?"
    hWoCbQG.png
    I tried not to laugh, "Nice to meet you Katie," I said. "My name's Adam, and yes, around here I'm somewhat of a legend." This time it was Kaori trying not to laugh, "Bold words," she said leaning in, "can you back them up?" I got up and we began to practice together, but even though we tried to keep it formal, I think people could tell we were fairly close.
    1Etyd8i.png
    As we ended, Carol returned from class, so Kaori went over to greet her. I was feeling pretty confident from our banter, so I challenged L to another duel. It was touch and go, but for the first time ever I was able to defeat her!
    FHDT9pp.png
    She rewarded me with two wands, which I plan to give to Kaori and Carol. Simeon was standing nearby watching, so I challenged him next. Again, I felt I might lose this one, but in the final moments I was able to pull ahead, and flipped him head over heels!
    BatYHHx.png
    He rewarded me with two crystal brooms. Gemma congratulated me on my wins, and I took this opportunity to tell her about the 'new' girl, letting her know I thought they'd get along great. She wandered over to Kaori, and introduced herself; later she told me they'd really hit it off!
    7Y0azsZ.png
    I saw them head into the yoga room, so I followed, and found them getting ready for a friendly duel. Now this I had to see.
    cZTEMpX.png
    Kaori did pretty well, but Gemma proved victorious this time.
    QI1T5R5.png
    Kaori thanked her for the duel, and approached me, asking if she could try casting her first spell on me. "What did you have in mind?" I asked suspiciously. "Oh nothing big," she said, trying to look innocent, "maybe zipzap, or if that's disagreeable, scruberoo.
    QSnJkvs.png
    I shook my head and laughed, "I'll let you do scruberoo, but no tricks!" She cast the spell, and it went perfectly!
    AFblwqq.png
    Before she could celebrate though, her spell seemed to overload her and she went into overcharge.
    QuzxURo.png
    "Wow, that stings," she said, getting up off the floor, "I think I'm going to take a break," she sniffed herself, "and a shower."
    A6HyJwU.png
    I grinned, "Let me give you a hand with that." I waved my wand and cast scruberoo on her. "Oh!" she said, feeling the magic, "That tickles! Thanks Adam!"
    SACGt3b.png
    Meanwhile, Carol was once again playing chess with Morgyn, who seemed to be cheating for some reason. Carol must be pretty good!
    Em4Big3.png
    It was getting late, so I grabbed a plate of food and sat down next to Kaori. In a low voice I explained that I was going to go spend the night back in my house to keep up appearances.
    3YHSkHn.png
    "I also have plants and bees that need care," I said, "I'll be back in the morning." Kaori looked sad, "I don't like all this pretending," she said, "I wish we could curl up together and not have to worry about anybody seeing us."
    5Z5ETiS.png
    She got up before I could respond and headed over to Carol. I watched her go, resisting the urge to run after her and give her a hug.
    GqmtvlK.png
    I returned home and tended to my garden. Taking some of the flowers I'd just picked, I tried arranged them into a bouquet for Kaori with mixed results.
    JN5HEZJ.png
    It was getting late, so I went upstairs to sleep, but I kept waking up for some reason. After the fifth time, I gave up and went down stairs. There were three specters floating in the front yard, so I tried to appease them with more honey, but they weren't having it.
    PPmhxQf.png
    I pulled out my last Plentiful Needs potion and decided to try out the copypasto spell I'd recently learned.
    1gkPFm0.png
    With a zap, I now had two potions, and I eagerly downed one of them. I remembered by bees, so I went out and tended to them before heading back to the Magic Realm.

Kaori's new look
    I forgot to post these yesterday
    F7JGF5X.png
    E9S2NJN.png
    March - Day 15: "Before tomorrow never comes..."

2ndBsZq.png

Notes
    wpW7iWR.png
    After somehow getting a good night's sleep, Cale woke up in the morning feeling much better. He tended to the garden and then decided to see if anyone was online to play some video games. Despite feeling mostly like his old self, he was still going to be cautious and take it easy today.

Jr4yhOn.png
    Happily, Josh, Joel and Aaron too were all online and ready to rumble!

p3OYFhC.png
    In the end, Josh blew them all away. Cale went into a rage throwing a massive hissy fit over it. Why did Josh always win? It wasn't fair!

W7S5zh1.png
    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.)
    *deep breath, deep breath*
    *BUZZZZ BUZZZZ*

5ATifSq.png
    Sandy: Hey Cale, just thinking about you. Haven't seen you in the Realm much lately. I miss seeing your smiling face. Thanks again for the other day. I hope we can do it again very soon. Call me later, okay? Gotta go, see ya!

(She was thinking about me! Oh Sandy...I'll definitely be calling you. Count on it Beautiful girl.)

Cale forgot all about his anger, it just melted away after reading Sandy's text to him. He decided instead of sitting around playing games or whatever, he should really research those recipes and make a new batch to test.

Hopefully whatever was wrong with him was just a bad batch of potion or he'd just gotten the recipe wrong. If it wasn't that? Well, he didn't want to think about how long it could be before he felt better and could see Sandy again.

JHUrAkD.png
    Cale compared his notes for the potion of Plentiful Needs against an official Tome for the recipe and found them exactly the same. He'd not made a mistake. Feeling a bit tired, he decided to chug one of the new batch down to test it anyway.

(Here goes nothing...)

tMKTUKa.png
    (YES! I feel great! Thank goodness!)

gVrVq4x.png
    (Wait! Oh No! Dangit! That means I'm really sick with something else.)

WqnyIR1.png
    (Great, just great. What if it's contagious?)

NpYidYD.png
    (Ahhh! I cant see Sandy any time soon now, or anyone. Stupid stomach bug.)
    (Oh just suck it up Dude, it's not the end of the world.)
    *sigh* (Yeah, I guess. I'll see her again. Just not for awhile.)

Cale gave Sandy a call back a little while later and gave her the bad news that he was sick. She sounded very concerned and told him he should see a Doctor if it didn't get better soon. He promised that he would consider doing that. In the meanwhile, he asked her to tell the Sages he wouldn't be there for a few days for his lessons until whatever he had was completely gone. She of course agreed and promised to check on him tomorrow.

"Get lots of rest Cale and if you get nauseous again, try some crackers. It always helped my Mom when she got morning sickness with my little Brother. Not the same, but it couldn't hurt, right? Bye for now, I'll be thinking about you!"
    (She's so sweet!)
    "Right. Okay, thanks for the tip. I'll try that. Bye Sandy, don't worry, I'll be alright. Talk to you again tomorrow."

9yTNaba.png
    After he hung up with Sandy, Cale decided to troll teh forums for a little while. That always seemed to cheer him up at least.

74CLAY6.png
    Of course it did! Cale laughed with glee when he was able to get some noob riled up and angry over nothing. Oh it was just so much fun seeing them whine and rage!

XAS4nrL.png
    And then....this happened! o.O It's official folks! This is just for the readers benefit, Cale still doesn't have a clue at all about what's going on.

1VsOA6X.png
    Cale was hungry, he's always hungry these days it seems. He couldn't believe how quickly he was gaining weight as a result. Too bad he couldn't work out right now. Oh well, it wasn't that much really. He figured he'd be able to lose it no problem after he was well again...right?

See that little, teeny, tiny bump making his sweater poof out? Oh boy... (or girl)

DJerzfw.png
    After more Pasta Primavera, Cale went into the bedroom to change his clothes for something cooler. It was the first day of Spring and quite warm. When he stood up to leave the room, he was hit by the worst bout of nausea yet! And...and...it felt like something was moving around in there!

(What the Hell man? Wait! GAH! Something kicked my hand! OH MY GAWD! Something is very, very wrong here. I better call a Doctor.)

Cale was getting scared now.

(What if I have a tumor in there? What if I have can-- NO! I won't think like that.)
    (But what if it is? Maybe I'm dying. I sure feel like I am.)

He called to make an appointment to see a Doctor, hopefully for that day. However, they were booked until tomorrow, of course. What did he expect calling so late in the day? With nothing else to do but wait until tomorrow, Cale decided to try to get his mind off of his illness by playing his guitar. Perhaps that would help calm him down a little and not worry so much.

(Yeah, that's not going to happen. But I'll try. Maybe I'll write a song? Yeah...)

With Sandy still on his mind and thoughts that he might be dying, Cale ended up making up a song that didn't really help him get his mind off of both. But it did help him finally understand something he'd known in his heart to be true, but really didn't fully accept...until now.

sccpQYK.png
    "If tomorrow never comes,
    Will she know how much I loved her?
    Did I try in every way, to show her that fine day,
    That she's my only one."

VEghCop.png
    "I don't wanna die with the regret,
    That my true feelings for her never were revealed."

XsxFrol.png
    "So if given one more chance,
    I make this promise to myself,
    To say how much she means to me."

GSXaVOy.png
    "Oh, if granted one last appeal,
    I'll tell her how I feel.
    And avoid that circumstance,
    where there's no second chance."

ILEAu3w.png
    "So I'll tell that someone that I love,
    Just what I'm thinking of,
    Before tomorrow never comes..."

(Adapted from the song If Tomorrow Never Comes by Garth Brooks)

Comments/replies coming up next. I hope y'all had a fantastic day! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    I LOVE this update! Such a clever and creative way to explain the familiars. I imagine if you didn't understand what they are it would be very scary to see something like that appear to be chasing you and staring at you! o.O Thank goodness the Halliwell sisters were able to explain what it was to him. Very cool! Yep, sometimes that happens, you won't always get a Tome, might get a familiar, a wand or even a broom! :) I never realized how cute that dragon familiar is until now.

Yep, a very big surprise. o.O Okay, cool, thanks, glad you didn't mind. :)

@afai1261
    Oh boy, so Cale could end up having just about anything; a spellcaster, an alien, a hybrid of both or just a regular Sim with alien skin, etc. Or maybe even just a regular Sim? I hope that doesn't happen, but not much I can do about it if the baby is just normal. Honestly, I hadn't given it a second thought about the fact Cale was a spellcaster and the result of their baby could be messed up. o.O Oh boy, now I REALLY can't wait to see what he has. hehe

Only 2 gigs? Wow! Hubby still uses our old PC that only has 2 gigs and I keep telling him he should get a new one. He keeps dragging his feet though saying all he does is look at some forums, watch a few YT vids and get email. He doesn't have any social media accounts, doesn't play video games on it or anything. I honestly don't know how he can be so patient waiting for things to load all the time. It would drive me nuts! Ah well...

Next to purple and red, turquoise is my favorite color, so put purple and turquoise together and I'm happy! Those two colors go together so well in my opinion. Oh, well thanks! I wasn't really trying to match his features, at least not consciously, must be my subconscious was though. hehe

O.O I don't like the sound of that, not one bit. Whatever happens I'll just have to hold on to the fact Aaron and Hunter will be back together again at some point...right? RIGHT!? Oh man...you wouldn't do what I'm thinking, nope. hehe Honestly, it's not up to me. I'm sure I'll live from whatever happens. Gotta create some drama somehow eh? ;)

No, he's not. He's starting freak out now as it is. He thinks he's got a tumor, is dying or has a disease or something at the moment. He's being such a drama Queen really, but hey, I don't blame him. Wait until he finds out the truth. o.O

Why would I want to sue you over a dueling update? I love duels!! I'd show more myself if Cale was still focusing on magic. He's got a few other 'little' things on his mind at the moment though. ;) Whoa! Go Aaron! He beat Grace, very cool and he got some great knowledge from it too! Not boring at all!

Ginger beer? Is that like Vernor's ginger ale? He's more freaked out about feeling the baby move than the bump. He thinks he just gained some weight from all the food he's been eating. hehe He does need a hug, I hope he gets one soon. Poor guy could use that massage too! He's even got his own massage table. hehe

I know, it did me too when I found it. Especially the full version. I left part of it out:

"Sometimes all you can do is smile, move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you're okay."

@permanentrose
    Love the daily pic! Aaron and Yoshi are both so dang cute! Especially together. :) Hey no worries about your developing lore and if the update was long or not, I love it! I'm glad you had the time to do this. You used to write like this last year and I've been missing it a bit. :)

Nice to see Ophelia again. Yep, she's had on/off feelings for Robin for a long time. Interesting about Baz, Simon, Fiona and Markus. What book are they from? Can't help but be curious about them. Not quite sure what you're going for here yet, but I'm sure it will all become clear very soon. Great update! :)

@Shadami
    Tsk, Cale! Uh, you 'know' Velma very well Dude! Sheesh! hehe Aww, a baby girl! Sweet! Congrats Velma! Sounds like she's nesting with all the updates she's been doing around her home in preparation, reading up on how to take care of the baby, etc. Very proud of her, she's going to be a good Mom. :)

Very cool so many of her friends stopped by, including Kenzie. hehe So she's involved with Cale in your save too. Cool! Kenzie is a good friend, cleaning her tub that way. Nice of Velma to bake her a cake. :) Oh nice, she went back to Mt. Komorebi! Bummer she didn't get any Simmis though. Oh well. hehe I think Meredith wants to Mother Velma since she doesn't have any children of her own, maybe? Her house is looking great! :)
    edited March 2022
    @Karababy52
    Of course it wouldn't even cross Cale's mind that he could be pregnant. With girls at least, it can at least be on the radar even if it doesn't seem likely haha, but Cale is in for a huge surprise and I'm excited to see the reveal and his reactions! It seems like eventually L. might help him navigate this once he finally tells her that he's feeling off. I bet her reaction is gonna be great too haha.

I just noticed that Cale has that pinkish/purple phone cover, love it! I love that we can customize sims' phones. Sad that he can't see Sandy because of his "stomach bug" though. LOL, Cale is so cute "trolling teh forums" :D Aw, his little bump <3 I'm guessing the baby will be a hybrid since from my experience, humans and aliens usually have hybrid kids unless it's a true abduction. Perhaps that will explain a bit of what went wrong since Aurora didn't follow the proper protocol, or however you phrased it. Sweet of him to think of Sandy while he plays guitar too <3

So using TOOL for the greenhouse is still a bit tricky, if you do decide to do it, because you still can't actually easily toggle them in there directly, so it take a bit of guess work to get them where you want them to be haha. I like the alien lore you're developing for your game, very cool about their outfits! I have a good feeling about Piper and Cale for the future - just waiting for the time to be right :)

I'm always torn if I like doing long story telling posts or not, since a part of me loves using this game to tell a story, but it can be exhausting to commit to, but it is nice to hear that you enjoy it when I do it! Right now, this is the simple part of my lore haha. I have a big flashback post planned that I hope won't get too complex. This Ophelia stuff is honestly because I've been trying for a while to think of ideas to get Robin and Ophelia in each other's lives since if their chemistry is what I hope it is, then I'm hoping that Ophelia might be the one for Robin. I don't want to force it though, but I want to give them a proper chance :)

@SoulGal7
    Aw, poor Kaori, still pining for Dylan <3 Haha, poor Adam, that's a great screenshot. The group dances are always fun! Oh, and now DJ and Robin mess it all up, at least they're in unison with their missteps :D Great dancing shots, and so fun you're picking songs for each dance group!

@LegacySims2017
    Aw, Draco is a cutie, and I love how you had him just "tag along" with DJ to become his familiar. I'm playing this pack properly for the first time too, and it's been a lot of fun. I'm more invested in my game than I have been in a while since I'm enjoying this world so much. The Halliwell sisters are so sweet to let DJ stay - and I must say, I like his new wardrobe!

@afai1261
    I do remember Lonnie. I couldn't remember if he was Elle's husband or not though, so thanks for clarifying! Sometimes I can't even keep my own story straight so I need reminders for your guys' stories every now and then haha. Love the dueling shots you got once again, and yay that Adam won against Grace! Duels are a great way to gain power and other cool things like spells and artifacts. Robin duels a lot more than I show haha.

LOL, that's fantastic that Simeon and Katrina are married in your game :joy: MCCC marriage, I'm guessing? Unless you had a good reason to put those two together haha. I never let MCCC do my marriages, even though sometimes I think I should since it would be very entertaining lol.

Haha, it's good Aaron blabbed, I needed something to propel this story forward ;) Plus, Ophelia's intentions aren't bad, she's really just super in love with Robin. If Robin and Ophelia have the chemistry I'm hoping they have together, then I do think that Ophelia could actually be "the one" for Robin <3

The books I keep referencing in my updates since I've snagged some characters from there are The Simon Snow Trilogy by Rainbow Rowell, and there's three of them (Carry On, Wayward Son, and Anyway the Wind Blows). I go through phases where I enjoy making movie/book/TV characters for my sims game, and when I got the ROM pack, I was in the middle of reading the last book so making magical sims that I already had fallen in love with was too much fun to pass up. I definitely recommend them!
    edited March 2022
    Feb 17 - Practice Makes Perfect

GOTCHA.png
    Another school day, and today, the teacher asked Dylan to take over the class. He had a choice of following the lesson plan, or making the class fun. And Dylan decided to go with some fun! A little spin on Truth or Dare.

DYLAN-RUNS-THE-CLAS.png

TRUTH-OR-DOGEBALL-MODDLET.png

Dylan was still in a pretty good mood when he headed off to The Narwhal Arms for the dance practice.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The members of the Chain Breakers seemed to know what to do when they got there. They watched Jade give a demo and then they practiced dance routines. The Boom Shakers were at the club again.

JADE-SHOWING-THE-LIGHTE-SPIN.png

JADE-WATCHING-THE-CREW.png

AND-THIS-TIME-ITS-AARON.png

There was only one misstep the whole night, and it was poor Aaron this time who had botched it.

GIVE-ME-THE-BAD-CHAIN-BREAKERS.png

Jade: "That's more like it...show those expressions...give me those BAAD Chain Breakers..."

And then on to individual dance moves.

PRACTICE-MAKES-PERFECT.png

doing-some-moves-dj.png

aaron-and-the-jimmy-leg.png

robin-pump-pop.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dylan-met-eva-the-other-roommie.png

Two of Jade's roomies were there tonight. Paolo, who Dylan had already met, and Eva Capricciosa.

judith-ward-was-even-there-to-watch-them.png

Judith Ward even made an appearance at the club...

can-i-get-an-autograph-for-the-group.png

...and DJ snagged an autograph from her.

But the moment everyone was waiting for was the Dance Battle between Dylan and Morgan.

Dylan walked over to where Morgan was standing.

Dylan: "So, Morgan...are you ready for the Dance Battle? I feel pretty good about my dance moves tonight."

dance-battle-with-dylan-and-morgan.png

Morgan: "Really? Hmmm....maybe you'd care to make a little wager on who will win the Dance Battle?"

Dylan: "Oh? What did you have in mind?"

are-you-ready-for-this.png

Morgan: "Well, since I know I'm going to win...the loser...meaning you...will have to streak around the block..." she said grinning.

Dylan raised an eyebrow: "You want me to go streaking if I lose?" he asked laughing.

SLIVVIES-HUH.png

Morgan: "Yep...oh...maybe you're shy and need to keep your skivvies on...I guess I'll allow that..." she smirked trying to hold in her laughter.

Dylan gave her a wide smile, an idea dawning on him, "So...what if I win? Does that mean you will have to streak then?

Morgan bit her lip: "Well, I know I am going to win, so you can get those thoughts right out of your head. But fair is fair, and the loser of the Dance Battle will have to streak around the block. I'm up for it...are you?"

DOING-THE-CLUB-HANDSHAKE-DYLAN.png

Dylan nodded and then Dylan and Morgan did the club handshake to seal the deal.

Dylan: "Prepare to get down Morgan...this just gets better and better!"

robin-watching-dylan-and-morgan.png

velma-and-adam.png

Velma: "Did I hear right? If Dylan loses he has to streak through the neighborhood. Oh, I have got to see this..."

Adam: "What makes you so sure that Dylan will lose?"

Velma: "Oh you don't know? Morgan was nearly a Starlight. They are the best Teen Dance Crew in Windenburg. So, there's no way she's going to lose..."

got-for-it-dylan.png

And they start.

DYLAN-TRIES-A-CLIP.png

Dylan is up first and decides to go all out and do a flip...

um-dylan-you-are-dancing-on-the-floor-all-right-more-like-mopping-the-floor.png

Oh gosh...flat on the floor...

oh-that-was-funny.png

Morgan couldn't help it and started laughing.

why-torture-yourself-just-dec-are-m-e-the-winner.png

Morgan tried to stifle her laughter: "Dylan, why torture yourself? Just declare me as the winner now. I promise I won't post too many photos of you in your skiivvies on Simstagram..."

i-still-got-this-morgan.png

Dylan: "That was...that was just a warm-up...look at this hip action...."

hwy-thats-pretty-good.png

Morgan agreed that Dylan did look pretty good doing the Jimmy Leg.

i-think-that-dylan-is-going-down.png

Wolfgang: "Dylan is my best friend, but I think that the dude is going down..."

Cale: "I think you might be right. Geez! That means I owe Robin $5 simoleons...sheesh!"

And then it was Morgan's turn.

Morgan: "Feast your eyes on this, Dylan!"

feast-your-eyes-dylan.png

pretty-good-there-morgan.png

robin-did-you-see-that-light-spin-that-morgamn-did.png

Aaron: "Wow! Robin, did you see that light spin that Morgan just did? She nailed it!"

Robin: "Yeah, she's really good...maybe she could teach me that, too..."

Adam: "Robin, any chance of getting that $5 simoleons back? I think Morgan is going to win this..."

Robin: "No way. You should have listened to Aaron and bet on Morgan. But don't worry, your $5 simoleons will go towards a nice new collar for Pepper..."

you-need-more-attitude-dylan.png

Morgan: "What you need, Dylan...is some attitude..."

oh-yeah-one-for-the-victory.png

Dylan thinking, "Morgan is really good. I shouldn't have tried to impress her with that flip at the start. And to think I won't see her in those gorgeous lace undies again...Dang!"

geez-you-are-good-morgan.png

And the Dance Battle is over and Morgan is the winner!

i-guess-you-win-morgan.png

Dylan: "Congrats Morgan. You won the Dance Battle..."

SO-COME-ON-ITS-STREAKING-TIME.png

Morgan smiled: "Thanks...you didn't do too badly yourself. And you know what this means...time to streak..."

LETS-SEE-THOSE-SKIIVIES-DYLAN.png

Dylan: "You were serious about that?"

Morgan: "Looking forward to it. Smile for the camera before you go..."

ARE-YOU-SERIOUS-MORGAN.png

Both Morgan and Dylan burst out laughing and become Partners in Crime.

PARTNERS-IN-CRIME-WITH-MORGAN.png

YOU-ARE-FULL-OF-SURPRISES-MORGAN.png

Dylan gave Morgan a hug, "You are full of surprises, Morgan...but then so am I..."

And with that, Dylan stripped down to his skivvies, and Morgan felt herself blush and turned away.

nice-skivvies-dulan.png

Morgan: "Oh my gosh! You actually did it!"

Dylan winked at her,: "A bet's a bet. Be right back. Gotta get some fresh air..."

As Dylan ran towards the front door of the club, there were hoots and hollers from the club patrons, and the rest of the Chain Breakers clapped loudly as he jogged by. It wasn't long before he returned and he felt rather thrilled at having done that.

UNINHIBITED-THRULL.png

He ran right up to Morgan, "Since I am looking my best, I think we should do a dance routine. What do you say?"

morgan-laughing.png

Morgan laughed and nodded her head and soon all the Chain Breakers were up on the dance floor with Dylan in his skivvies in the lead.

a-final-dance-just-for-fun.png

yes-i-got-it-even-in-skivvies.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

For some reason, when Morgan did the mischief interaction "Dare to streak" to Dylan, nothing happened, but he still got the moodlet. So, I just changed an outfit, and put him in his skivvies for the "streak".
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited March 2022
    @Shadami
    Feb 23: Aw, a baby girl! Wonder what her name will be :)
    I'm glad that Velma has come to terms with her pregnancy now and is doing all these preparations!
    Okay I see that Aaron let himself in again :joy: Oh you updated him, he looks wonderful!
    And nice that she got to go back to Mt K and hung out with Kenzie!
    Love Meredith the fairy godmother :joy:

@RememberJoy
    Mar 15: Kaori looks amazing in the daily pic!
    Awesome that she won that duel!
    LOL I love her talking/flirting with Adam as if they haven't been together for ages and have a child together :joy:
    Wow he defeated L! And Simeon too! Congrats Adam!
    Oof poor Kaori overcharging though!
    HAHA Morgyn cheating at chess because Carol is so good :D
    Aww poor Adam, he looks so sad in that pic! :cry:

@Karababy52
    Mar 15: Aw he played videogames with Josh, Joel and Aaron! Yay! Calm down Cale, sheesh!
    Hello Sandy('s text message)! So cute that she checked in with him!
    I absolutely love that Sandy was giving him advice for morning sickness, not knowing that what he actually has is morning sickness ;)
    Ahhh now he has the bump! Oh yup of course he'd just think he's gaining weight because he's hungry all the time. But he doesn't know why he's so hungry...
    Poor dude.
    Oh Cale, you're not dying, you're just going to be a daddy! (Also I just had a random thought - the amount of teen pregnancies in this challenge this year is quite something :joy: )
    I love Garth Brooks haha, very sweet for Cale to make a song for Sandy. And yes he admits to himself that he loves her!!! <3

~~~
    All of my experimentation around it is so old so I would not be surprised if they have changed it, but I did go and find my screenshots from when my blue serial romantic alien had a child with Grace, and yeah the kid was not blue (I don't remember if he had any alien powers, but I'm guessing not - he was a spellcaster though). At the same time, blue alien did have twins with Lilith Vatore, and those kids were full vampires as opposed to full aliens. This is from February 2020 by the way, so it's old. Audax's kid from abduction (also February 2020) was not an alien or a spellcaster, he was a human with a weak bloodline.
    My blue alien also had a kid with Nalani (another occult) and that kid was not blue either, but was a mermaid like her mother. I was disappointed that neither Grace's child nor Nalani's ended up getting the blue skin.
    My second serial romantic alien (a purple one this time) had his kids in May-June 2021 (well HE didn't have them, he impregnated his boyfriends), and all of the kids he had with vampires were full purple aliens. His kids with human sims were purple hybrids and he never had any children with any other occults. I feel like I need to go and check now but I just don't have the time or the energy. So it'll be a surprise when Cale finally has the baby if it's an alien, or a hybrid, or whatever.
    This might not be relevant but I feel like I should mention that Regan and Blue did have a born-in-game vampire child with purple skin in Maggie's game last year - I don't know if said child also had alien powers though, so Cale's kid might end up being a spellcaster with purple skin but no alien powers? Or an actual hybrid, with alien powers and spellcaster abilities? I don't know, this is all just speculation haha
    Sorry for the big info dump lol I love talking about my game too much :joy: Like I would also have included pictures of those aliens and their kids but I'm not at my gaming laptop right now :D

I'm pretty sure that old PC of ours is totally dead now LOL that thing was an actual potato. Its super slow speed was getting unbearable near the end of its life (not even playing games on it or anything) so we replaced it with a gaming PC ;) I use a gaming laptop for TS4 but use that desktop for more intensive games.
    Oh man...you wouldn't do what I'm thinking, nope
    Or would I? ;):naughty:
    If what you're thinking is a certain aspiration, the first word of which sounds like cereal... (If that's what you're afraid of, then I can tell you that Aaron and Hunter will be together again... eventually)
    My plans are vague but they're there HAHA and now you can see why I might regret it... but honestly Aaron is a total hot mess after he reads the note, he is not okay and it'll show. And maybe it'll make everyone hate him, who knows!

Yeah he'd never even entertain the possibility that he's actually pregnant LOL but as he gets further along and then actually has the baby...
    Hmm a tumour that moves, yes... Is it only going to be when he actually gives birth (somehow that feels like the wrong term HAHA) that he finds out what's up or will it be sooner?

I mean the previous update was just one picture of a duel lol I figure people must be tired of them by now :D Oh and I had a few hours of gameplay where Aaron participated in like... 5 or 6 duels? Maybe even more? he also lost literally all of them That's going to be a fun update lol (and I'm going to try tying it into his spiraling episode)

Yeah ginger beer is similar to ginger ale, at least I think it is. But not like dry ginger ale.
    Like I said, massages are essential for pregnant sims (well for mine at least) lol. Or some snuggles on the couch. So yes he needs both right away ;)

Last year, university had me feeling like that a lot so it really just... yeah

@permanentrose
    Ah yeah I don't think I ever said that Lonnie was actually her husband, just that he was Hunter's father haha. No worries!

Yes, Katrina x Simeon is an MCCC pairing, I would never put these two together myself :joy: If I knew any better I would have flagged Simeon for no marriage as soon as I started the save but nope LOL (which is why I'm surprised that MCCC still hasn't married L to anyone). They even have a baby and I can't go into their household to age him up or Simeon will lose sage status :D Or I could just move Simeon out, age up the baby and move him back in, yeah... But because of the child I don't want to separate them HAHA.
    MCCC pairings are so interesting... But I do have mine set so that only adults get married, leaves all the YAs free ;) Does leave Simeon and L available for marriage though so I'll have to flag L before MCCC goes 'oh she's not married :naughty: ' lol

Lol yeah I figured that Ophelia wasn't out to get Robin or anything bad but Aaron just being that oblivious, I mean Ophelia is clearly a vampire, and vampires have A History (tm) with spellcasters... yeah he's dumb LOL. But I mean true that it moves the story along :joy:

Also wow those covers for the Simon Snow books are freaking gorgeous! Will definitely need to check out the series once I'm not so bogged down with uni haha

@SoulGal7
    Feb 17: Love the daily pic of Dylan and Morgan sizing each other up!
    Oh of course Aaron was the one to fail this time, sheesh!
    This eyebrow raise though! Dang, Aaron, get it!
    aaron-and-the-jimmy-leg.png
    LOL love that banter between Dylan and Morgan before they start their dance battle!
    Poor Dylan failing at doing a backflip, I guess that seals Morgan's win :joy:
    Congrats on your win Morgan ;)
    HAHA the dance routine with Dylan in his underwear is perfect!
    edited March 2022
    March 16
    *Still on my brief posts, but this one isn't a duel for once :joy:
    li2UCqm.png
    Let's see what happened when this fool got hungry and noticed that L didn't recently make a plate of garlic noodles... (a tragedy in 6 screenshots)
    iYYTvMY.png
    islM4Fq.png
    mvWdBg6.png
    ItRXf5d.png
    YdrnCCA.png
    r9lnuaE.png

Well. Yoshi came to check on him, at least...
    4kJ8wf4.png

And there's L, come to check on him too?
    vCvy2oc.png

No... she's just kicked the trashcan over. What the hell, L :joy:
    qWLL9qK.png

March 16

u42ifZT.jpg
    So I totally didn't realize that roommates can redecorate autonomously (thankfully all of Robin's possession that were moved are safely in her inventory). I like Cale's added touch of those little robot toys, it's like he's displaying his action figures or something :D He added the crystal as well. The conch is Robin's from when she lived in Sulani as a toddler.
    TZ9ycH3.png

Anyway, that morning, a pretty red haired girl came up and knocked on their door. She had been looking for Robin, and introduced herself as Clem (she is Rose's granddaughter actually - daughter of Rose's daughter, Beatrix. I think she's actually technically Robin's second cousin or something. Beatrix is married to Robin's cousin, Abel)
    v0MtbWB.png

Well, even though Robin wasn't around, Cale wasn't about to let a pretty girl leave without giving her a good time ;) After things had fallen apart with Posey, Cale found himself eager to forget his touch of heartache by losing himself in the affections of another pretty girl.
    90fVjFP.png
    tAlINzQ.png
    iAPl6NZ.jpg
    Oh, Cale, what are we gonna do with you??? I have to check my risky pregnancy settings, these surprises are feeling a bit too frequent these days haha
    tozZuEm.png

Where was Robin anyway? She was in the Realm, with Posey. The two had been hanging out a lot ever since Posey and Cale had called things off.
    K11NmxY.png

Even magical beings aren't exempt from pregnancy nausea. :(
    fnh0d4G.jpg

"Are you okay, L?" Robin asked her.
    "Oh, yes, just fine my dear," L. assured her.
    0aB87C8.jpg

She did need to talk to Simeon though.
    hSAgaWf.jpg

(Sometimes it's fun just to let the screenshots speak for themselves and I felt like this was one of those moments :smile:)
    FrkDR6R.jpg
    6kaRPlC.jpg
    HG31zbH.jpg
    bUXiJET.jpg

Since Simeon and L. are having a baby, I moved them into an actual house. Morgyn lives with them too since I feel like he's basically their honorary son/younger brother or something lol. I found the cutest house in the gallery and of course forgot to check the creator, but here it is.
    lMGjnS2.jpg

The top part is a nursery, which I didn't even realize until I already downloaded it, which was perfect of course. They are ready for the arrival of their little one <3
    S4XROu3.jpg

(I honestly don't know how long pregnancies are set for in my game right now. I keep forgetting to check, so we'll see when these TWO little surprises arrive in my game haha)

Also sorry that Robin has barely been in my updates these past few days lol. Since all she needs to finish both aspirations is to reach Virtuoso, I'm taking things slowly since she has plenty of time to get there, and it's giving me time to develop some stuff with the other sims in her life :)
    edited March 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    QUOTE: "Go Chainbreakers! Not bad for a first rehearsal. Can't wait until the competition. Do you have a YouTube account? You should create the final competitions in a video style....if you can."

I do have a YouTube Account, and accidentally did one video when I was playing the Asylum Challenge...oh so long ago...another project not finished. Sheesh! But I have no editor, so it would only be a video, and I am not sure how to upload it here. I think it might be best to just do some screenshots, like I have been doing. Yeah, I know, would be fun to do a video of them all dancing.

@permanentrose -
    I know you asked this question awhile ago, and I am now just answering it, but, no, I don't have ROM. Even though my husband said he would purchase it for me, I never downloaded it. Instead, I will be downloading My Wedding Stories with the new world. Sort of sad that there is no Wedding Planner career, I would have liked that. So, anyway, I did have a plan to download ROM and take things there after Windenburg, but, now it looks like I will skip ROM - 2 years in a row - and just head to Uni in April with everyone else. I may download ROM, though, because I need an item from that pack. I don't know anything about the pack or how long it might take to finish the aspirations, so, yeah, I am going to skip that. I may do it when everyone is doing Vampires, not sure. I have to do Strangerville this year because that's part of Dylan's story. So, that is sort of the answer. lol
    March 15th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Loving all these suspenseful side stories everyone is doing in Glimmerbrook. Makes it a lot of fun to read. And a very cute pic of Aaron with Yoshi.

@afai1261
    That wasn't boring watching Aaron win a duel. Look at that face he gives at the end! :lol:

@Shadami
    Look at all them Challenge Sims! Kenzie there helping around the house. Cale forgetting Velma's number. :lol: Velma's gonna have a daughter, eh? Very nice.

@RememberJoy
    Kaori is a quick spellcasting learning. Hopefully soon, both her and Adam do not have to worry about hiding about each other.

@Karababy52
    I'm laughing, but also feel bad for Cale. Now's the time he's going to need Sandy by his side. :lol:
    D.J.'s going to be in for a lot of surprises in a magic realm. :sweat_smile:

@SoulGal7
    Loved the dance battle between Dylan and Morgan. Poor Dylan had no chance of winning after that light show. Too bad the streak didn't really work. Morgan would have gotten to see a lot more. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @permanentrose
    Nope, it wouldn't. Cale has no idea aliens even exist and that guys can get pregnant. He'll learn very soon though about both those things. I'm looking forward to writing L.'s reaction too. hehe Oh, his phone cover, yes! I love those too! I like being able to choose the color based on my Sim's color 'theme' I've chosen for them or their personality. With Cale though, I just love purple and wanted to see my UI in that color. hehe He's being a bit dramatic right now out annoyance and fear. It'll only get worse later. Poor guy. :'(

He just loves trolling so much, it makes me laugh how excited he gets. :D At this point I have no idea what Cale's baby will be. I'm anxious to find out! When I stopped playing with him day before yesterday, he had just entered the second trimester, so it won't be long! I didn't play with his save at all yesterday waiting for Mods to update. Especially UI Cheats. I need that so he won't go to school and to keep his grade up. But thankfully today, it's been updated and I can play him again. I'm guessing he'll possibly have the baby in the update after my next one. We'll see...

Realizing he loves Sandy was a HUGE moment for him. Makes me a bit sad for what's in store for him, but he'll get through it alright in the end. I can't say anything more about that without spoiling something though. ;)

I figured it would be tricky. I'm looking forward to trying it myself. I don't have T.O.O.L. at the moment though, it hasn't been updated and I removed it. Cool about Cale and Piper. I wondered about that considering your latest update. hehe But I'll comment more on that later.

Yep, it is a bit of a quandary for me writing complicated detailed stories. Same as you, I love it, but it is a big commitment and can be exhausting at times coming up with plots that make sense. Especially writing on the fly the way I do. hehe Always manage to come up with something though. Even if I wonder if it makes any sense or not a lot of the time. :D But this is the Sims so I guess it doesn't have to make sense, right? ;)

Ohhh, I wondered if perhaps you were hoping to get Ophelia and Robin together eventually. I hope it works out for them as you do. :)

hehe Cale's selection of 'personal property' he set out is so funny! Had no idea he likes those robot toys. But hey, like you said, he loves video games so maybe they're action figures from games he likes to play. ;) He loves the Realm, so maybe the crystal represents that. :)

Clem! Oh my, she is gorgeous! Can't blame Cale for being drawn to her. He can't resist a pretty girl, just like you said. ;) What!? Gah! Oh man! At this rate, like I said to afai, Cale is going to have 100 babies in other challengers' saves before he does in mine! Wow! :D (I hope the baby has red hair, I love red hair!).

Ah, of course Robin is with Posey. She's had a crush on her ever since they met. Now she's free, so why not? Poor L., yeah Cale knows just how you feel Honey. Aww, love those screenshots where she tells Simeon, so sweet! <3 I LOVE their new house too, it's gorgeous! Looks exactly like something a Sage might live in, yep! Very cool Morgyn lives with them too. Gah! I can't wait to see what both of these babies look like soon in your game too, and Cale's in mine! Wow, lots of nooboos this year eh? hehe

@LegacySims2017
    Hey, it's cool, I'm laughing right along with you, but I also feel so bad for the Dude and a bit sorry to put him through all this. But there is a reason for it at least. He'll be fine. And yes, eventually he'll have Sandy by his side. <3

I figured you had lots of surprises in store for DJ in the Magic Realm, I am SO looking forward to reading about them all. :)

@SoulGal7
    What an absolutely fun update! They all danced together great, except one little minor incident for Aaron, and showing off the dance moves was cool too. Go Cale! But of course the main event was the dance battle between Dylan and Morgan. Oh no! Dang, poor Dylan falling on his face right off the bat. Whoa! Morgan looks so fierce and determined. I think she just really, REALLY wanted to see Dylan naked. HAHA! Well, she almost got her wish. Dylan looks hot in those flame undies and nothing else. hehe Then he dances with the crew in them, so funny! He looks so pumped in the last screenshot. He's having so much fun in Windenburg. :)

@afai1261
    I got a kick out of having Sandy suggest that too, how ironic eh? hehe Gah! I know! So many this year. And Cale, Wow, he's going to have 100 babies in all of the other challengers' saves before I do in mine it seems. hehehe

Oh man, I love Garth Brooks songs too! Back in the day, I had somewhat of a crush on the guy. Or his songs anyway. Went to one of his concerts. So good! It was back when Martina McBride was just his opening act. She wasn't even famous yet. He is confused, anxious and scared right now, but at least he's faced the fact he loves Sandy from all of this. And yes, I'm sure it's really no surprise for anyone, but she is 'the one,' his forever person. <3 It's just going to take awhile for them to finally be together, of course.

Wow! So many different outcomes for the combination of occult births in your game. I guess it really is just a matter of random luck what happens for them eh? Even if Cale's baby ends up just being a normal Sim with a weak spellcaster bloodline, that's okay. I just hope it's purple! hehe Hey no apologies necessary! I loved reading about what happened with them in your game, it's fascinating! The genetics are something else in this game eh? I guess it's like that Forrest Gump saying, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." No worries about no pictures, I understand.

The laptop I used for the first 6 years of the game is a brick now. Thank God I realized what was happening and was able to quickly save my files on an external hard drive I have before it happened. Very lucky it turns out since right after that, it completely died. I use a gaming desktop PC now and I love it!

Oh, well no, that wasn't what I was thinking at all about Aaron, but that's makes sense I guess you'd try that aspiration as long as they can't be together. I thought of something else much worse. o.O I highly doubt whatever you do would make anyone hate Aaron. No way Jose as Mollie would say. hehe

Cale has a Dr. appointment, but he might not make it to that, we'll see. If he does? He'll find out before he has the baby. If not? Well, then the poor guy won't know until he's actually having the little nooboo (or two).

Meh, I don't mind dueling screenshots at all, even if just the daily pic! Like I said, I love the dueling animations. For one thing, there is no way to predict or cheat the outcome so it's always exciting wondered if your Sim will win or not. :) Very cool you'll be trying to tie it in with your plans for Aaron. Poor guy... :(

Don't think Cale will get either one of those while he's preggers since he's self quarantining in his house thinking he might be contagious, but we'll see. Stranger things have happened. ;)

I had a time or two in my life like that as well. One thing especially had me feeling like that for months concerning one of my daughters, but I won't get into that. It all worked out in the end, but it was very traumatic for awhile and there was nothing I could do about it except exactly what that quote says. :/

Oh Aaron, Aaron, Aaron! Poor guy! See, this is exactly why I don't like the cowplants, they're so, so creepy and gross. Bleh! Tsk, what is up with L. lately? She's been kicking over the HQ trash can in my save too! Silly Sage. :D
    edited March 2022
    @permanentrose Oh! Forgot to say thanks for including the info. about the book series some of your characters are based upon. Those books sound like something I'd like to read! I'll definitely have to check them out after I read a couple books I got for Christmas. Haven't even started on those yet. o.O
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar03.jpg
    March 3: First Steps!

Phoebe tells D.J. she can work from home and he needs to start learning magic soon. Piper suggested he work on potions yesterday, so Phoebe decides to show D.J. how to create them at the Magic HQ. Finding a cauldron not in use, Phoebe begins by saying a few words and waving her hand over the cauldron. D.J. looks on as the cauldron come to life and liquid forms.

dj-03-026.jpg

Phoebe brought a few pouches of ingredients with her. She opens one and grabs a pinchful of what was inside and sprinkles it into the cauldron. "Bibbity, bobbity, boo!" She says as a puff of smoke comes from the cauldron. D.J. looks on in shock.

dj-03-027.jpg

After some more handwaving and saying a few words, Phoebe fills a vial of the liquid inside, hands it to D.J. and tells him to drink it. Not sure what to expect, he does as he is told. Closing his eyes, D.J. put the vial up to his lips and drinks the potion. A sparkle forms around him before fading away.

"What was in that?" D.J. asks Phoebe.
    "Oh, something to get you started for what's next."
    "For what's next?"

dj-03-028.jpg
    dj-03-029.jpg

Phoebe leads D.J. back to the center of the HQ where he was initiated. She tells him to wave his hands about saying his own magic words. Anything that comes to mind for now. Then direct that magic at her.

Not sure what to say or do, D.J. says some magic words he's heard from movies. His hands light up, but soon fade. "Don't use phrases from movies. Speak from your heart. Like this." Phoebe explains and she forms some enchanting words and her own hands begin to glow. She sways her hands about and the glow follows. D.J tries again. Phoebe gives a small chuckle as he scrunches his face and forms some words of his own. His hands begin to glow again, this time not fading away.

dj-03-030.jpg

Phoebe nod to D.J. Then she immediately pushes her arms out towards D.J. and the bright light around her hands engage towards him. His gut reaction makes him do the same and soon the two forms of light are clashing with each other.

dj-03-031.jpg

The light beam from Phoebe begins to overpower D.J.'s. Soon, he is engulfed in the bright light himself and is thrown off his feet into the air landing with a thud on the floor.

dj-03-032.jpg
    dj-03-033.jpg

Phoebe helps D.J. up.

"Welcome to the world of magic!" Phoebe says while smiling.
    "What was the potion you had me drink?" D.J. asks.
    "That should help you understand the books a little more. You'll be able to find books on potions, magic spells, and a bit of history."

Phoebe gives D.J. more of a tour to the HQ so he could be more familiar to it than he was yesterday. After that, he spends much of the afternoon to evening reading and spending time at the cauldron.

dj-03-034.jpg

Side Note:
    A lot of D.J.'s learning will be done behind the scenes. I'm not going to show a lot of the dueling. The main focus for story purposes will be him reading and practicing on his own. But for game purposes, he'll need to duel to help get his magic rank up faster.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top