Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    edited March 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    At least it's realistic...that's pretty much what I do at wedding ceremonies. Though...I don't make it quite that obvious. :lol:

Hahah, you made my day :)
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I just wanted to open a bakery, wedding themed 'Cake Shop' in the new neighborhood... only to discover.. wedding cakes do not fit in the GTW display cases...... UGhhh. Why? Would they not think of this? Wedding cakes should be able to be able to be displayed, no?
    Now I'm off to search, for yet another mod to try and fix EA's laziness. Any suggestions?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I do not have a mod suggestion but if your Sim is at the top of the culinary career he is rewarded with the Fresh chef trait. Nothing he cooks ever spoils so you would not need the display cases.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Raised platform. How ingenious.👍🏼
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Great idea!!!!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    LOL. NEGATIVE thread?

Is there anything positive [...]

Lmao XD yeah they've really set a new standard for badly designed, poorly executed packs here didn't they.

The positive? They're making it easier and easier to forget this game even exists. Being on the forums is actually more fun than playing it, which is..well, sad.

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Back on track about the complaints concerning MWS, I was thinking about how this pack was supposed to be the show stopper. The main thing for this roadmap during this period. What was it, a kit, a GP then another kit, right? Wow...the GP was totally broken and so many other missed opportunities. But let's all run out, forget about a totally broken pack and what Maxis did, and buy the next kit coming out soon. Sigh. Then we wonder why so many bugs for years go un repaired when the community is so willing just to sweep dirt under the rugs and buy the next new shiny. I watched Pixelade (?) I probably spelled the name wrong, when the pack was first released. Even he is done, as he states it would not be so bad if this was a one off thing but stated it has happened over and over in TS4. Released packs with broken main features. I agree. If Maxis wants to know how some really feel all they have to do is watch his video about EA This Must Stop.

Yes, I know 2 more patches are coming to fix this pack but this was pathetic considering they pre patched it before worldwide release. I won't be buying any new kit and sweep this under the rug. I won't forget because this isn't a onetime thing but happens with all the packs 85% of the time. Then patches break patches and older packs. And the player base sweeps it under the rug and gets a mod.

Unless this new kit comes with playable babies, cars or airplanes, an attraction system, a new supernatural Sim, dragons, horses, or a rebate coupon for the cost of the wedding pack, I will certainly NOT forget the bugs in this pack. But if they want me to forget, they are welcome to add any of those things in the new kit and I will wipe my memory clean of rotting cakes and wayward brides and pretend it never happened, since I don't actually play with weddings in my game anyway.

I bought the pack to enjoy the new world with nine more lots. Life is short. I could get struck by lightening tomorrow or worse, I might have to go back to work soon, and then once again I won't have time to play the Sims often. I do think it's overpriced and buggy. I have tried to give honest feedback in the topics that asked for it, so others can make their decision. I've checked to make sure all my bugs are logged in bug reports. I wish I had waited for more patches or a sale since the world gameplay was less than I expected and I feel a bit like I got swindled at the sabacc table.

I personally don't boycott companies unless they violate human rights or destroy the environment. And if it was true that this even works, many other companies would have caved to mass street protests and boycotts by now. The Sims just made one terribly buggy game. They are still good in my books and don't deserve boycotts. Only some irate customers, lots of critical feedback, and funny memes, as is natural to happen when you sell broken things at full price or exaggerate wildly in your promotional marketing.

I don't believe in boycotts of any kind. That is not what I said. I said if Maxis wants to know how their paying customers feel all they have to do is watch Pixelade's video before the announcement of any sort of patch. However, no this is not the first time they released bug filled packs. I do recall some problems with main features in Eco Living, Paranormal, the acting career, the vet career, and many, many other main features of packs. Too many to list and the main features were not working as they were supposed to on day one. I'm not the only person who knows this, many of the game changers are very aware but not many have the fortitude to post about it as Pixelade did.

We adapt.

One upon the time I used to preorder Expansions. Now I remain offline, read up on patches and new content before going online.

Yeah, I think many of us don't allow the game to be patched if there is news about a patch breaking something else. I know personally for myself there have been some packs I wanted to get but they remain broken and I won't buy them, maybe some day when Maxis patches this game for the last time, maybe by then those bugs in those packs will finally be fixed for good.

ETA: For the record I'm not as melancholy as some think. I bought into TS4 for three years. I made positive threads, I made constructive feedback threads. I even thanked Gurus in threads I created for things I did and do like about TS4. However, as the years go by and I see things like kits instead of major EPs and GPs, or GPs sold as EPs (as many others have expressed) and watched as the quality goes down over long periods of time, I feel the game has run its course, but that doesn't stop me wanting anything else like cars, and freed babies and werewolves. And for the love of gameplay a world editor, I didn't say a CAW. I'm just as invested in this franchise as anyone else, after 21 years of money thrown at Maxis and jumping up and down for elbows and dazzle.

There was a game that I played in BETA, and I enjoyed it a lot when it was released. It was really perfect for me. Unfortunately it was not profitable so they had to do some major changes and I just could not continue playing. Yes, a lot was still the same but they had removed just the things that drew me in the most. It was still fun but I just could not see past the things I was missing so in the end I left. Still, I had plenty of years spent happily gaming, such is life.

Sims 4 was the first version for me so I have no past iterations to taunt me. Tried playing Sims 2 but I just prefer the graphics of Sims 4. At the moment I worry about when the new Story Progression will be released. Wish we could know in advance because I am treating that as very possible "permanent offline"-moment. If I decide to stay off the internet there is a limited time that I am on the same patch as every modder out there, a month later and something major might be changed and the moment passed. Certainly one reason for my reluctance to go online. I have my mods from Roburky, Zero, Triplis, MCCC and everything is working in my game. Yes, my beloved climbing excursions are bugged but they might only be fixed in a distant future when I have already logged off. I have CC climbing cliffs thanks to BakieGaming, thank the Lama.

Sorry for a late rambling response. I am having fun at the moment so I guard that enjoyment since I do not wish to see it patched away. In the beginning every new bit of content was like a new present, a gift, and I had some very pretty rose colored glasses on. Now I have learned to be more cautious.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    Back on track about the complaints concerning MWS, I was thinking about how this pack was supposed to be the show stopper. The main thing for this roadmap during this period. What was it, a kit, a GP then another kit, right? Wow...the GP was totally broken and so many other missed opportunities. But let's all run out, forget about a totally broken pack and what Maxis did, and buy the next kit coming out soon. Sigh. Then we wonder why so many bugs for years go un repaired when the community is so willing just to sweep dirt under the rugs and buy the next new shiny. I watched Pixelade (?) I probably spelled the name wrong, when the pack was first released. Even he is done, as he states it would not be so bad if this was a one off thing but stated it has happened over and over in TS4. Released packs with broken main features. I agree. If Maxis wants to know how some really feel all they have to do is watch his video about EA This Must Stop.

Yes, I know 2 more patches are coming to fix this pack but this was pathetic considering they pre patched it before worldwide release. I won't be buying any new kit and sweep this under the rug. I won't forget because this isn't a onetime thing but happens with all the packs 85% of the time. Then patches break patches and older packs. And the player base sweeps it under the rug and gets a mod.

Unless this new kit comes with playable babies, cars or airplanes, an attraction system, a new supernatural Sim, dragons, horses, or a rebate coupon for the cost of the wedding pack, I will certainly NOT forget the bugs in this pack. But if they want me to forget, they are welcome to add any of those things in the new kit and I will wipe my memory clean of rotting cakes and wayward brides and pretend it never happened, since I don't actually play with weddings in my game anyway.

I bought the pack to enjoy the new world with nine more lots. Life is short. I could get struck by lightening tomorrow or worse, I might have to go back to work soon, and then once again I won't have time to play the Sims often. I do think it's overpriced and buggy. I have tried to give honest feedback in the topics that asked for it, so others can make their decision. I've checked to make sure all my bugs are logged in bug reports. I wish I had waited for more patches or a sale since the world gameplay was less than I expected and I feel a bit like I got swindled at the sabacc table.

I personally don't boycott companies unless they violate human rights or destroy the environment. And if it was true that this even works, many other companies would have caved to mass street protests and boycotts by now. The Sims just made one terribly buggy game. They are still good in my books and don't deserve boycotts. Only some irate customers, lots of critical feedback, and funny memes, as is natural to happen when you sell broken things at full price or exaggerate wildly in your promotional marketing.

I don't believe in boycotts of any kind. That is not what I said. I said if Maxis wants to know how their paying customers feel all they have to do is watch Pixelade's video before the announcement of any sort of patch. However, no this is not the first time they released bug filled packs. I do recall some problems with main features in Eco Living, Paranormal, the acting career, the vet career, and many, many other main features of packs. Too many to list and the main features were not working as they were supposed to on day one. I'm not the only person who knows this, many of the game changers are very aware but not many have the fortitude to post about it as Pixelade did.

We adapt.

One upon the time I used to preorder Expansions. Now I remain offline, read up on patches and new content before going online.

Yeah, I think many of us don't allow the game to be patched if there is news about a patch breaking something else. I know personally for myself there have been some packs I wanted to get but they remain broken and I won't buy them, maybe some day when Maxis patches this game for the last time, maybe by then those bugs in those packs will finally be fixed for good.

ETA: For the record I'm not as melancholy as some think. I bought into TS4 for three years. I made positive threads, I made constructive feedback threads. I even thanked Gurus in threads I created for things I did and do like about TS4. However, as the years go by and I see things like kits instead of major EPs and GPs, or GPs sold as EPs (as many others have expressed) and watched as the quality goes down over long periods of time, I feel the game has run its course, but that doesn't stop me wanting anything else like cars, and freed babies and werewolves. And for the love of gameplay a world editor, I didn't say a CAW. I'm just as invested in this franchise as anyone else, after 21 years of money thrown at Maxis and jumping up and down for elbows and dazzle.

There was a game that I played in BETA, and I enjoyed it a lot when it was released. It was really perfect for me. Unfortunately it was not profitable so they had to do some major changes and I just could not continue playing. Yes, a lot was still the same but they had removed just the things that drew me in the most. It was still fun but I just could not see past the things I was missing so in the end I left. Still, I had plenty of years spent happily gaming, such is life.

Sims 4 was the first version for me so I have no past iterations to taunt me. Tried playing Sims 2 but I just prefer the graphics of Sims 4. At the moment I worry about when the new Story Progression will be released. Wish we could know in advance because I am treating that as very possible "permanent offline"-moment. If I decide to stay off the internet there is a limited time that I am on the same patch as every modder out there, a month later and something major might be changed and the moment passed. Certainly one reason for my reluctance to go online. I have my mods from Roburky, Zero, Triplis, MCCC and everything is working in my game. Yes, my beloved climbing excursions are bugged but they might only be fixed in a distant future when I have already logged off. I have CC climbing cliffs thanks to BakieGaming, thank the Lama.

Sorry for a late rambling response. I am having fun at the moment so I guard that enjoyment since I do not wish to see it patched away. In the beginning every new bit of content was like a new present, a gift, and I had some very pretty rose colored glasses on. Now I have learned to be more cautious.

If you're referring to Neighborhood Stories you can completely disable it when it goes live, so no need to play in offline mode.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2022

We adapt.

The fact that you are here on the forums means that you care about the sims. I know a lot of people might feel that why are we complaining? Why don't we just stop playing? Well...we still care about the sims. That's why we are here on the forums.

The people who don't care, and have moved on and are no longer playing, well... they are no longer here.

But we, the people who are posting in the positive or negative threads, we still care about the sims.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

We adapt.

If you're referring to Neighborhood Stories you can completely disable it when it goes live, so no need to play in offline mode.

Thank you @EA_Cade :)

That makes things easier. I might like it but it is good to know that I can decide to not use it.

I will still remain offline between major packs because I use so many mods and it takes time to check them after a patch. It is fun to tweak and fix the game to your own preferences.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Super awesome to hear! (I know you were referring to another poster's comment but that makes me happy because I had to get a mod to disable it, because I too was not going to update and play my game if I could not disable it).

And sorry for commenting on an "off topic" comment.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    One thing that really disappoints me about this pack, is that it lowers everyone's standards of the Sims 4 packs and content for the future.

Before, I wanted more interesting gameplay and features. Better traits and aspirations, improved babies, cars etc.
    Now, standards are so low, that the only thing people want is a game that is bug free.

Why can't we have a game that is moderately bug free, as well as getting new and interesting content? Why does it have to be one or the other? You know, like at any other gaming studio...
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    The world is pretty but so are most of their worlds. The sims team are good at making worlds. We all know that. I refuse to support this obvious form of disrespect. It doesn't matter who is responsible. What we are seeing is how EA thinks of their Fanbase. We do not need to put them on a pedestal for fixing something that should've been done. Ew. They have their priorities, and ours are not theirs, nor do they have to be as evidenced by the sims 4 track record. They do stuff when they want not when we want.

Was all of this drama around the pack to mask how bad it is, and then they added a world to boost sales because of how lackluster it is? Honestly, the world could've been a kit. Without the world, this would be a SP. We don't even have honeymoon options.

Is it possible to have a parent/Caretaker walk the bride down the aisle? Can there be an optional chance for a Sim to object to the wedding (which could add drama)? Can our sims be invited to weddings, or even be asked to be a bridesmaid/best man? Or, be denied an invitation to a wedding. Can certain sims feel some type of way because they weren't invited to your wedding (vice versa)? Can we crash a wedding? Can we object at a wedding. If not wouldn't having these options count as "telling our stories"?
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    KLAlexis wrote: »
    If not wouldn't having these options count as "telling our stories"?

I think they didn't think things through when designing this pack. They wanted a pack centered around "Wedding Stories" but there's only ONE story that can be told, with small variations. Whether you get married with an officiant or not, etc. that's not really two different stories. It's essentially the same story.

The fact this pack is so heavy on micromanaging every situation even by TS4 standards doesn't sit well with me at all. It makes The Sims 4 not feel like a SIMULATION, but a storytelling tool. Is the ultimate purpose of this "game" for us to take cute screenshots of our Sims, or is it ACTUALLY a game? I think these are questions the developers should be asking themselves.

That's why I'm not willing the cut them some slack. EA probably made things worse by forcing them to release a broken pack, but it was poorly designed from the very beginning. Even if the pack wasn't so broken, it'd still be a bad pack for this reason alone. Might as well turns The Sims 4 into a machinima tool, since they don't seem interested in making it a life simulation game.

It's just really frustrating. The Sims 4 frustrated me like no other game has ever done because I can see the potential, but it's been EIGHT years and it's still just that potential. The game itself has BARELY improved in all these years, and... I think I'm done, honestly. I'm DONE!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

I think they didn't think things through when designing this pack. They wanted a pack centered around "Wedding Stories" but there's only ONE story that can be told, with small variations. Whether you get married with an officiant or not, etc. that's not really two different stories. It's essentially the same story.

Weddings are more or less the same for everyone who gets married, the difference is in the details. I think it's lovely to see everyone's take on the wedding venues and wedding planning in general.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Is it possible to have a parent/Caretaker walk the bride down the aisle? Can there be an optional chance for a Sim to object to the wedding (which could add drama)? Can our sims be invited to weddings, or even be asked to be a bridesmaid/best man? Or, be denied an invitation to a wedding. Can certain sims feel some type of way because they weren't invited to your wedding (vice versa)? Can we crash a wedding? Can we object at a wedding. If not wouldn't having these options count as "telling our stories"?

Yes. In theory - You can ask two sims to walk down the aisle, one as an escort. But I can't make it work in the game. So far the guests just stand around no matter what you try to coach them to do. Eventually they end up peeing themself, wining of starvation and pass out... - Before the ceremony even happens.

But yes, there are a few new socials in regards to asking sims to the wedding / asking to join others. Ask sim to be Sim of Honor / FlowerSim / Ring Sim... But so far I can't see any consequences of all these socialt, beside they should show up in the special categories when you invite to the wedding.... beside that it does nothing. Everyone says yes and act really exited! Even other lovers and new sims that where strangers 5 minutes prior. I have not seen one negative response.

I don't think you can have anyone object, but haven't been a guest yet. Just been trying to get sims to get married - 2/3 times it didn't happen!
    One sims could ask for "Permission" or a "blessing" to marry. I think it was because they where (just) engaged themself. But not sure. Only seen it once. - And the sims she asked is still in love with her, flirting with her and had absolutely no (negative) reaction to her talking about her upcoming marriage.

This is a picture off my last wedding attempt. No-one changed clothes (you can set clothes in the invitation for the couple and for guest, but I guess they didn't feel like changing. Can you spot the groom and Bride? Im sure no-one can.
    I managed to get them to "Gather around the Aisle"... almost, and then they stayed like that the next 12 hours. The wedding cake spoiled before they even got married.

jjNes2U.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2022

The fact this pack is so heavy on micromanaging every situation even by TS4 standards doesn't sit well with me at all. It makes The Sims 4 not feel like a SIMULATION, but a storytelling tool. Is the ultimate purpose of this "game" for us to take cute screenshots of our Sims, or is it ACTUALLY a game? I think these are questions the developers should be asking themselves.

That's why I'm not willing the cut them some slack. EA probably made things worse by forcing them to release a broken pack, but it was poorly designed from the very beginning. Even if the pack wasn't so broken, it'd still be a bad pack for this reason alone. Might as well turns The Sims 4 into a machinima tool, since they don't seem interested in making it a life simulation game.

It's just really frustrating. The Sims 4 frustrated me like no other game has ever done because I can see the potential, but it's been EIGHT years and it's still just that potential. The game itself has BARELY improved in all these years, and... I think I'm done, honestly. I'm DONE!

Yes, that is why I keep thinking Sims 4 has reached its peak and it is nothing but stuff now and not enough features. I try to play but I just can't bring myself to play it. The creativity level is not stellar enough for me as I feel like I am creating with crutches which means creativity is limited and it is not an challenge for me. So I agree with you on your post but as far as I am concerned both EA and Maxis made it worse, as Maxis makes the product and EA publishes it and I as an customer cannot say Maxis is not responsible as I do not sit in that board room. It is easy to blame the publisher as Maxis is subordinate to them but I blame them both.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    I wish there where finally some sort of consequences or at least not the exact same reaction from every sim on the same interactions. If ever there where a pack for some drama, this is it. But it's not really happening.
    Everyone is just "Super exited" about the weddings, even when they dont have good romantic relationships. I dont think anyone can leave at the alter, or even regret a marriage.

This is the most Drama I got, but it didn't get anyone married:

I play multiple households to keep my towns alive. And I had a sim that - due to the neighbourhood stories got engaged to two sims (when they call and ask I just say yes to see what happens). I wanted him to marry. Both engaged sims showed up to the wedding expecting to become a bride. - Okay by me, but he couldn't actually marry any of them before he broke of the engagement to one of them. - At the wedding venue. Well it gave some action to the game, they both became a little upset, but it didn't take long for both to be super in to him again. And still being really good friends, no animosity among the scorned women. The one that got dumbed didn't really care, she just kept being flirty. The other one was angry for a minut, then she was flirty again and still wanted to marry him.

I think it would have happened if it wasn't impossible to get any of the actual wedding event interactions to work (Although on paper I love the new party interactions to gather the participants, if only they worked...)

The horrible wedding was suppose to be at the beach in sunshine. No one was originally in their wedding attire and the guest left quickly. Only paparazzi and fans stayed around forever!
    It became night, then next day and cloudy. I just let the event continue. The timer is off so you dont know when it end. I think it kept going almost 24 hours....

The saddest wedding (not happening) ever:

vhEU2Kbl.png

ZuNvzrRl.png

ATeKS0sl.jpg

TXG37ykl.jpg

ldLLMKgl.png
  • Options

Exactly. I agree 100%. I hate how heavily this pack is oversaturated with micromanaging as if all of us play that way. We have to even select for our sims to walk down the aisle with bouquet. There is not a single thing in this pack that doesn't require micromanaging. Actaully, most of the packs are geared towards it. No longer can I decide if I want to dictate everything my Sim does anymore because Sims 4 restricts it so much. So how am I supposed to tell my story if the game already sets us up to tell it one way?

I honestly wonder if making the sims 4 more micromanaging saves them money or more programming so that's why they opt on doing it. Wedding Stories probably takes the cake *no pun intended* for being the pack with the most micromanaging. Starting from being the one who has to propose.
  • Options
    Stinalina wrote: »

Yes. In theory - You can ask two sims to walk down the aisle, one as an escort. But I can't make it work in the game. So far the guests just stand around no matter what you try to coach them to do. Eventually they end up peeing themself, wining of starvation and pass out... - Before the ceremony even happens.

But yes, there are a few new socials in regards to asking sims to the wedding / asking to join others. Ask sim to be Sim of Honor / FlowerSim / Ring Sim... But so far I can't see any consequences of all these socialt, beside they should show up in the special categories when you invite to the wedding.... beside that it does nothing. Everyone says yes and act really exited! Even other lovers and new sims that where strangers 5 minutes prior. I have not seen one negative response.

I don't think you can have anyone object, but haven't been a guest yet. Just been trying to get sims to get married - 2/3 times it didn't happen!
    One sims could ask for "Permission" or a "blessing" to marry. I think it was because they where (just) engaged themself. But not sure. Only seen it once. - And the sims she asked is still in love with her, flirting with her and had absolutely no (negative) reaction to her talking about her upcoming marriage.

This is a picture off my last wedding attempt. No-one changed clothes (you can set clothes in the invitation for the couple and for guest, but I guess they didn't feel like changing. Can you spot the groom and Bride? Im sure no-one can.
    I managed to get them to "Gather around the Aisle"... almost, and then they stayed like that the next 12 hours. The wedding cake spoiled before they even got married.

jjNes2U.jpg

I see. Is there a special sentimental or relationship boost to ask a best friend, guardian, or close friend to fill any of those positions? Or, do they all just get a "feeling pumped/honored" type of thing?

Wow. I hope that ALL of these are just bugs and not some. A lover not getting upset? That's crazy. I've heard a lot about people not changing into their appropriate clothing. Such a hassle to have to change each one.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2022

I couldn't agree more with your entire post. The above paragraphs resonated with me the most. The longer that TS4 remains in development, the further it strays from the simulation aspect, which used to be the main hook of the franchise. As a result, the gameplay has suffered greatly.

@Stinalina 's post is a good example. She set up a situation that was ripe for drama. TS4's code had no idea what to do with it other than what it always does: it tells the Sims to talk, laugh, be happy.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    If the creators took care of an interesting gameplay from the beginning, Sims with "character" who react to events, for example, betrayal, remember friends and enemies and behave appropriately (now a good moodlet is enough and you can joke with the enemy), otherwise design the environment (the neighborhood of the houses is uninteresting, instead of neighbors we have random Sims, there are no "connections" between the lots, the Sim does not remember the romantic partner, if the beloved one does not come to his house), they could now release sled sets with simple animations and nice furniture, because the core of the game will be good. and so players are still waiting for a big change. If you want a better Five, consider not buying all the packs! Otherwise, millions of customers will vote for what we have now and Part Five will actually consist of "My First Lounge Chair pack" and Sims will become dumber than they are now.
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

Well, the truth is, the devs have already answered that question years ago and you're not going to like it. It's a storytelling tool, pretty much. They've been marketing the game about "telling your stories" for a long while now. Remember when Whims stopped being developed and were hidden by default? That was a huge signal that they were drifting away from "game" development and into the direction of dollhouse play. So at this point, it's really the players who have to ask themselves if this is a game they want to play or not. Some do, some don't.

I wish there was more challenge and consequence simulation myself. I would love more balance and less "happily ever after". But it is what it is and it's not changing seven years in.
    #Team Occult
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top