We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

QUICK Poll. Farmer dislikes Gardening??

Sure. My Sims already have a pile on their plate. Iris is a single-parent (windowed in my head cannon). She lives with her young daughter on a haunted farm they inherited. Not to mention the SimRealist mods I have which require extra laundry, hair cutting/maintenance and lawn mowing :o ANYWAY. Iris just threw the option to develop "Dislikes Gardening" Should I do it?

QUICK Poll. Farmer dislikes Gardening?? 42 votes

Yes. Sure. It's reasonable she dislikes something about the dirty country life thrust upon her.
73%
bandit5SikoahGraceStormkeepxoJessiasimbsimpendragon1980Mariefoxprice83DarkLady2788YautjagirlSati101phantasmkissEmmaVaneDoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsRedShoe7RionAgriasllejenaInuMiroLoverSERVERFRA 31 votes
No. Are you nuts? A miserable Sim disliking the method of maintaining their livelihood?
26%
bekifreindlylolDragonAge_300905ClassicalSimdogdancerannaliese39OldeseadoggethenightcourtHoveraelVeeDubLIL_Lilly 11 votes

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,619 Member
    Yes. Sure. It's reasonable she dislikes something about the dirty country life thrust upon her.
    Motivation to get herself together and get outta there!
    Or hire a gardener...
    Or convince daughter that gardening is really fun and she should do it...
    Or marry a farmer...
    Or marry someone who lives far far away...
    gen3-banner.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I find it unlikely that the gardening aspect would be the part of the lifestyle which she'd dislike.

Gardening is very theurapeutic, peaceful and meditative.

I grew up on a ranch where daily chores were a real pain as a kid, but working in the garden is the one thing I couldn't help but appreciate. Mucking Stalls, chopping wood for winter, dealing with nasty, filthy chickens...hated pretty much all of that. But gardening was a delight and I honestly find it hard to imagine that anyone in that lifestyle doesn't find they enjoy it. If a kid who just hated 'chores' in general like I did appreciated doing it, it's got to be hard to hate. :lol:

I voted for "Yes. Sure" though, because the game doesn't have the options to "dislike" the things that really are hateable for the country lifestyle.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,847 Member
    For anyone who may be interested. Iris now dislikes gardening.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,078 Member
    Awe, poor sim, she has way too much stress in her life.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    No. Are you nuts? A miserable Sim disliking the method of maintaining their livelihood?
    Motivation to get herself together and get outta there!
    Or hire a gardener...
    Or convince daughter that gardening is really fun and she should do it...
    Or marry a farmer...
    Or marry someone who lives far far away...

or never become a farmer in the first place and stop suggesting excuses...
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    It makes sense that she dislikes gardening on a haunted farm. In so many horror movies with a farm, it's a tall corn or wheat field that's hiding monsters, ghosts or even aliens ...

I didn't know there was lawn mower mods though. That sounds fun.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »

But that doesn't mean we won't get a Mow The Lawn kit later this year.
    ... i can't think of any words for mow and lawn that rhyme nicely though, so maybe not.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

But that doesn't mean we won't get a Mow The Lawn kit later this year.
    ... i can't think of any words for mow and lawn that rhyme nicely though, so maybe not.
    @Stormkeep
    Well, Bust the Dust was such a classic original, but there could be, uhh, Begone the Lawn ... or, Hang On and Mow the Lawn! ... Hmm, not much rhymes with lawn, I see your point ...