Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Initial Impression of My Wedding Stories

13...Next

Comments

• dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I just tried out a wedding out of curiosity and wow.....cant believe they actually released this thing! Its ridiculously broken.
    I made a very small, simple wedding venue on the beach and kept things very small to see if it helped. Didnt have a cake but tried for an officiant, well they turned up but refused to officiate anything! Sims then got stuck saying vows and had to be reset.
    No problem getting guests to sit next to aisle but then they also got stuck and I had to reset each and everyone to get them to move.
    Pretty much everything else I clicked on to happen just didnt. So so awful.

Its also kinda funny watching what happens if you are on a wedding venue lot after the ceremony is over. Random sims turn up but because they arent programmed to behave a certain way they just wander around aimlessly. Slightly disturbing looking TBH!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Its also kinda funny watching what happens if you are on a wedding venue lot after the ceremony is over. Random sims turn up but because they arent programmed to behave a certain way they just wander around aimlessly. Slightly disturbing looking TBH!

I noticed that too, that they seem to wander about aimlessly. Some stop to take pictures, but that's it.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited February 2022
    For my gaming style it's been great so far, but I can't choose the first option because I'm not going to recommend people to buy it...
    My gaming style means no traditional weddings more than every now and then and only for certain Sims. I used to make my Sims mostly elope, but now I'm going to use the town hall weddings often.
    I like the new clothes, dance and Tartosa & the new premades. I haven't had any lag or any other bugs with the pack yet, but I've only played it once (I bought it yesterday).
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I have to admit that Great! is overdoing it. But I've been having fun with this, although possibly not for the reason that I'm supposed to.
    I've tried 3 different weddings. The first was a disaster, but it made me laugh.
    In the second, I did a couple of things differently, and at least got my bride and groom dressed appropriately, and the cake showed up and didn't spoil. But strangers can come to the wedding venue, and into the building (it was pouring rain outside), and one elder came in after the wedding and died. I'm heartless enough that I burst out laughing.
    In the 3rd, I got my bride to walk down the aisle with her dad -- dressed in top hat and tails. She and her husband exchanged vows, and danced. Forming a group enabled my Sim to get someone else to toast her.

People have been complaining for years that TS4 is too easy. I think the devs finally listened to us. This event is complicated, and the more you want to do, the more complicated it is. A simple wedding, without an officiant, flower pal, or ring bearer, is do-able if you have a small venue. My Sims went down the aisle together, exchanged vows, danced, and cut the cake.

I think that some things are definitely bugs. Guests should come dressed in better clothing if you check "polished" when planning the wedding. The cake should not spoil. The bride should not take forever to throw the bouquet. And you shouldn't have to form a group in order to get Sims to move close to the champagne bucket or the stereo to dance. But this does have a learning curve.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    It almost seems like they just test these games on a completely new install every time. They need to have someone actually playing the game for the past 8 years load the new content into their game and see what happens. Sure maybe it works in new install were code hasn't have time to do crazy things in the background but most of us aren't starting from scratch.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I love Tartosa, the playable tea set, playable champagne, new playable wedding arches, decor & CAS. :p
    Also, I love that the new small world is 9 lots instead of the dreadful 5 lots. ;)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    Kimmer wrote: »
    For my gaming style it's been great so far, but I can't choose the first option because I'm not going to recommend people to buy it...
    My gaming style means no traditional weddings more than every now and then and only for certain Sims. I used to make my Sims mostly elope, but now I'm going to use the town hall weddings often.
    I like the new clothes, dance and Tartosa & the new premades. I haven't had any lag or any other bugs with the pack yet, but I've only played it once (I bought it yesterday).

Right now City Hall isn't working for weddings for some people. I'm one of them.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I’m a collector of the sims have been since the sims 1 was out and have every EP,GP,SP and kits. Also the best thing about this GP is the fact you get a new world and all build and buy stuff
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    Being kinda slow getting into new packs I'm ready to give my first impression now. I bought the pack for the world and it lived up to my expectations. I haven't tried living there yet, but it's great for vacationing. I also wanted to try my buggy wedding experience before they fix it and yes to no one's surprise there were bugs. But even if they were there they didn't ruin the wedding for me (which I was afraid of). I can't wait for the sims team to go through the laundry list and give it another go. My other reason for buying the pack was the slow dance and I absolutely loved it. It seems fashionable to hate this pack, not saying there aren't any reasons, but don't shoot me for giving my opinion.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other- I got this pack as a gift and it’s wasn’t as bad as I expected.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it’s alright if you’re not all bridezilla about it. I’m exaggerating a bit… In other words, most sims did what I directed them to do, but one went off to do something else here or there.

You also need to go into it knowing what to fix on the lots so they can be used properly (delete duplicate items, and don’t forget to have one stereo/speaker if you want them all to dance together). Hugo Villareal and Cassandra Goth had a rehearsal dinner at the lounge but I removed one of the bars first and the second champagne bucket. It went smoothly enough (drinks, dinner, toast) except for the dancing because some sims went to a different speaker to dance and not the dance floor.

Then I had a wedding at the venue lot (which I changed to a “park”,) deleted the indoor wedding arch and used the outdoor one. I got my group to sit using the group command, but some walked away and if I used “Please Take Your Seats” they waved their arms. I think it could be because moveobjects was obviously used on that seating arrangement so I’ll try again with a cleaner setup. But the groom, sim of honor (Morgan Fyres), flower pal (teenage Alexander Goth) ring bearer (teenage Max Villareal), and bride all walked down the aisle when I told them to, not like anyone watched, which would have been nice. Then they oohed and ahhed when Hugo and Cassandra exchanged vows, had a nice spousal kiss, and a few of them did blow bubbles at the end. I think that was pretty realistic because not everyone chose to blow bubbles at my wedding IRL 😆 but most did.

After that I ended the ceremony and started the reception immediately. Sims got food and mostly sat together. I asked Morgan and Rohan to give speeches, and they did, not that anyone shut up to listen. lol. I did not bother with a cake. The first dance was cute and then everyone tore it up on the dance floor, especially Bella.

The weirdest thing that happened was when I scheduled the ceremony, it initially showed up on the calendar a day later, but then I saved and looked again and it was corrected.

In the future I will try to make much smaller venues or do it at home where I’m more familiar with the space and can find sims easier and gather them quicker.

I had fun with it but I also didn’t go into it thinking everything had to be perfect. I didn’t use any MWS mods but I used my typical autonomy mods from Bienchen plus the invitation mod where you can invite all playable sims was super helpful.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Undecided...
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I wish there was a voting option between "It's Great!" and "Wait for a sale". I'm enjoying it, I really love the new world, I am not having any issues...but "Great" is a really high bar.

Tartosa is definitely great, and I really like a lot of the new CAS stuff...but still...I don't know if I think the pack as a whole is great yet, I need more time to formulate a full opinion.

I agree - I took undecided as I always love more building stuff & CAS. The world is beautiful. But the gameplay is terrible.... Don't hate it, don't love. Im just not impressed by it (as usual with Sims4, but I still buy it...). Always hoping it will improve...