Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The fact you can't edit descriptions on the Gallery without taking items down first. I am an extremely poor proofreader, so I miss a lot of spelling and grammatical errors on my first, second and third readings. The fact you have to take items down before you're able to edit them is mildly annoying, I get it's to protect against uploads being stolen then re-uploaded, but it doesn't change the fact that it's mildly infuriating.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited March 2022
    The idle animation jealous sims do with their hands when their partner as much as talks with anyone else. Seems unneccessary agressive to me. Most of the time, I end up removing the jealous trait from my sims because of that, as I can't stand them looking one bad day away from becoming physically abusive towards their loved ones.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    When they are about to pee themselves but go to bathroom slooowly. If I had to pee I would run fast as possible to the toilet ;))
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • xanhduongbavuongxanhduongbavuong Posts: 6 New Member
    yep, two sims can do different things on same position. While my dad sim practices speech in front of a mirror, his son stands right there and washes his hands
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    The idle animation jealous sims do with their hands when their partner as much as talks with anyone else. Seems unneccessary agressive to me. Most of the time, I end up removing the jealous trait from my sims because of that, as I can't stand them looking one bad day away from becoming physically abusive towards their loved ones.
    I pretty recently had my first sim couple with a jealous sim (Akira Kibo) but I kinda forgot about it, I guess because they were mostly just spending time together and not in bigger groups. So it was especially fun when Akira started repeatedly doing this at their wedding. I was rather baffled about those aggressive motions, wondering if my sim flirted with someone else or something to warrant such a strong reaction. Nope. I was like: "Well, this marriage is up to a great start".
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I have a fresh chef that runs a bakery and if you purchase wedding cakes from her bakery they won't spoil... however if you purchase one from her directly through conversation prompts it will spoil. It's made by the same sim. I don't get it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sims clipping into everything. They walk through walls, furniture and even each other. I would rather have routing issues than this eyesore.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Recently tried playing with all the Lot Challenges on plus Cat Hangout and Dog Hangout for added chaos, and the cats and dogs were often the most annoying. My sim being unable to get into bed because of the cat that wouldn't shoo, a dog sleeping on the floor and blocking access to the shower, and there being active cats and dogs on the lot pretty much all the time preventing the game from going to 4x speed when he slept.
    The cake is a lie
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    When you prepare for a birthday/wedding by baking a cake and putting it in the fridge to wait aaaaand then your stupid sims decide to autonomously go and eat a piece and then you need to bake a new one. Makes me want to strangle my own sims and wish for a fridge with a lock on it. I'd temporary buy one just for this purpose.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    When my sim leaves his guitare in a public place ...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Not being able to edit ceilings. That white plaster really ruins a gothic room...
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited March 2022
    This was probably already mentioned, but I never gave it much thought until today... I don't do family play on a regular basis, so it's been a while since I had one of the Mom-calls-the-son/daughter about missing talking to them, blah blah blah. But my sim got one today that made no sense. For one thing, the teen son (the sim I was playing at the time) is temporarily staying in a house across the street from his parents while the family waits for their new (larger) home to be finished. And he sees his parents almost every day, so her wailing about never seeing him anymore is a lie. Also, they're a family of vampires. They have the rest of eternity to spend time together. I think the boy was like, "Gah! I want to live on my own someday, but is this what it'll be like... for literally ever?" when he got that call. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    This was probably already mentioned, but I never gave it much thought until today... I don't do family play on a regular basis, so it's been a while since I had one of the Mom-calls-the-son/daughter about missing talking to them, blah blah blah. But my sim got one today that made no sense. For one thing, the teen son (the sim I was playing at the time) is temporarily staying in a house across the street from his parents while the family waits for their new (larger) home to be finished. And he sees his parents almost every day, so her wailing about never seeing him anymore is a lie. Also, they're a family of vampires. They have the rest of eternity to spend time together. I think the boy was like, "Gah! I want to live on my own someday, but is this what it'll be like... for literally ever?" when he got that call. :lol:

Yeah, those family calls kinda irritate me. I had a sim move in with her boyfriend after they both aged up, legit the next day got a call from the parents saying the exact same thing like excuse me? I only just moved out and you're already missing me. Holy heck. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member

Yeah, those family calls kinda irritate me. I had a sim move in with her boyfriend after they both aged up, legit the next day got a call from the parents saying the exact same thing like excuse me? I only just moved out and you're already missing me. Holy heck. :-/

I got the mom call once, when the child, who lives at home was playing on the playground since a few sim minutes.

Me: ???

Of course he visited her after finishing playing. The overprotective mom was happy then.

But me: Seriously?
    Daravi wrote: »

I got the mom call once, when the child, who lives at home was playing on the playground since a few sim minutes.

Me: ???

Of course he visited her after finishing playing. The overprotective mom was happy then.

But me: Seriously?

omg I got a similar one whole a while was out at a club meeting (League of Adventures or something like that), like mum, chill, I'm only at the park... >.>
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited March 2022
    This is quite likely off-topic, but one of the trivial things that annoys me is the dumb luck I have when playing this game. Once again, my Sim is nearing a goal (of my own making) and there's a patch, apparently due out soon. That's annoying! I started this specific save to have a couple I very much enjoy get married via the new pack MWS. Oi. Bad enough one of the mods I need and use (Road to Fame) is broken, and I'm taking a huge chance continuing to use it, but the couple in question are still in high school. At least, they only have at most ten Sim Days left, but the pace of my game is such, If it drops tomorrow, let's say, my goose is cooked once again. It has gone this way for me for two full years this month! Please, may I tear my hair out now? I am seriously frustrated.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    Why the game isn’t open world in general? The loading screens annoy me so much!
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I think the the ''Got an advice'' Moodlet is too OP, you know the one that makes my sim constantly energized or confident. I dont like when certain moodlets last for over 16h.
    That my freelance artists never put the digital sketchpad in their inventory and I can't find where they put it.
  • spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    My naughty Sims not doing what I ask them to do.

"I've told you about ten times, please put the toddler in her high chair!"

"No I don't want to, I'd rather stand here and stare at this plate if you don't mind"

"But you just adopted her! You paid 1000 simoleons for that!"

"Sorry, can't hear you, staring at plate"

Gaaah!
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited March 2022
    That my appartment-dwelling sims can't give out keys without the reciever starting to harrass them on daily basis by inviting themselves over for game nights without any games and other equally ridiculous excuses. If you want to hang out, then just use your key and come here, stop playing a fool.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Sim's fixation on decor. Unless I'm visiting some kind of historic building I just don't care that much about decor and to see a sim losing their mind over a streetlamp is ridiculous. Also, why are all the sims suddenly empaths? I can feel concern for someone without feeling sad.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    And another thing!! :p

The sims in the military from Strangerville saluting civillians and marching around alone. You'd only salute a civilian above you in your chain of command and marching is for groups of people.
    👆 this!
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Toddler high chairs!

Found out the hard way that toddlers shouldn't go out with their parents to eat. The entire restaurant staff froze trying to put her in the dang high chair. So much for family night out. Hope Sims team updates BG or Parenthood with booster seats? So the child can eat at the table like a normal sim.

My workaround those small child chairs. One near dining table & one in the backyard near patio table. That way she can eat with her family. The high chair is in the closet. Noticed when I tried to remove me from the lot, some of the toddler snacks disappeared from the refrigerator menu.