Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Freeplay is Now Broken

After the update, I literally cannot go one minute without receiving an ad. It’s basically now pay-to-play, and all the recent reviews prove it. Do you think EA is going to fix this nonsense?

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited December 2021
    I was a moderator of a large FreePlay Facebook page, but quit playing when it became all about grinding for points. I used to defend EA by telling people that you didn’t need to spend real cash because you could get anything through gameplay as long as you were patient, but when that became nearly impossible, I abandoned it. I felt like it was a bait and switch, so I’m not surprised that it’s gotten worse. I tried to pick up my old game this summer to have something more portable, but it just wasn’t fun for me.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol that's sad. This is the reason I stopped playing mobile games entirely. It's getting out if control. I gave up on freeplay a long time ago because it just can't compare to the PC version. But recently I had tried out a random mobile game and just as you said every one min an ad popped up. The character would run a few feet then an ad. Two more feet, ad! I never seen anything like it 😖😖😖😭
    But hopefully EA fixes this.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FrogeemsFrogeems Posts: 57 Member
    So sorry to hear all of this.
    But here's the thing for me--I would not actually mind the occasional ad as long as it actually plays.-- And it doesn't. Everytime an ad wants to play, the screen stays black and it never does; the ad never loads. I legit waited about 15 minutes just to do the newspaper spin reward and the ad never played. So why have all these ads per minute when they won't even play?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    That sounds annoying. The main problem I have with FreePlay is that it can take forever to do things. Some tasks take an unrealistically long time to do things! I also hate how you can’t opt out of SimChase, and if you do participate it’s practically impossible to win. I sound like I’m currently playing the game but I deleted the app ages ago and haven’t played for a long time. The Sims are also kinda ugly and there’s very little customisation, Sims all end up looking very similar.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Getting the ads to stop playing is actually a VIP perk. I think you have to be VIP Level 3 to turn off the ads.
  • natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    I'm a VIP level 33 and still had the ads. Well, the ads have gone away but there is a worse "broken" now, the cost of in-game item.

I've played The Sims FreePlay since it began 10 years ago. While the salaries for the Sims and all other perks from planting and pets remains the same as they were 10 years ago, prices for any household item have become absurd. The truly extravagant item used to be the grandfather clock for a soaring 90,000 simoleans (€). Now every item from one dining room chair start starts at 100,000€ plus. There is a huge amount of my inventory where items cost 300,000€ to over 1,000,000€ each! This would be tenable if some of that increase in cost of items would have been reflected in ANY increase in Sim's income over the past 10 years. Yes, we can purchase simoleans at a hugely inflated price but we're is the game income? No increase in Sim's income sources in 10 years? Where is the fairness in this game??

Let's add on that the cost of Restocking for one Collection Challenge is now over $55.00! Again, doesn't this make The Sims FreePlay the most expensive in your Sims franchise now? I have loved playing this game for all 10 years and the earlier Sims World Adventure before that, but I believe this has become ludicrous. Such a shame.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    Oh yes, items are so ridiculously expensive. And often the best quality items don’t cost Simoleons, they cost LifePoints or SocialPoints. Ugh.
  • FrogeemsFrogeems Posts: 57 Member
    That sounds annoying. The main problem I have with FreePlay is that it can take forever to do things. Some tasks take an unrealistically long time to do things! I also hate how you can’t opt out of SimChase, and if you do participate it’s practically impossible to win. I sound like I’m currently playing the game but I deleted the app ages ago and haven’t played for a long time. The Sims are also kinda ugly and there’s very little customisation, Sims all end up looking very similar.

I always loved the time the game takes. I think it adds a realistic touch, and it can give me a break from the game so I don’t get burnt out. But I absolutely despised not being to opt out of SimChase. And yes, Freeplay sims are too *sim*ilar. Lol.
  • Pernico_4everPernico_4ever Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently spent real money on in-game purchases which I have never done in a game because I know the Sims is a pretty good game, however, it is apparently only good on an actual gaming system. This app version is just a money grab that makes people get hooked and feel the need to purchase fake items with real money. The problem is not that I spent my money though because I fully knew that it was spending money on fake stuff but the fact that their game is extremely broken in that when I log off it completely cancels any and all actions that my sims are taking. I spent the money to get life points so that I could finish quests faster but it ended up making me waste over 50 life points because I would spend them and then the action would pop back up saying it wasn't completed because I logged off. Another problem is that when you go to EA games to make a complaint or ask for your money or life points back because their game is buggy they have no way of contacting them directly that I can see. So now I am just out of money, out of life points, and failed to achieve my quests. I downloaded and played this game a few years ago and it deleted my progress when I redownloaded it but when I used to play it never did this kind of thing. I never logged off and my actions be canceled out so I feel this is a new development and can't for the life of me figure out how the game has gotten worse and not better. I believe they should focus a little more on the game that let's face it they scam people out of money on. I have now been on dozens of forums reading and its apparently not a new thing that they don't fix the bugs in their game but keep taking people's money. I would recommend that anyone who plays this game just do your best and attempt to play it without spending real money. It is very possible as the last time I played I had a couple of million simoleons and 34 sims and never made in-game purchases. But a company that keeps selling a product that doesn't work is not a very good company in my opinion even though like I said their console games are pretty decent. Another piece of advice would be to just get the actual console game simply because I have watched people play it and it seems way more in-depth and is just a one-time $60 investment unless you wanna go extravagant and get add-on packs. I intend on buying the full version for ps4 at some point but I downloaded this to give me something to do while lying around at my grandmother's and I can honestly say it is deeply disappointing how horrible it has become.
  • noyaunoyau Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a problem (and according to internet, I'm not the only one!) with the "try costumes" in the cinema. It doesn't work. The problem has been there for about one month, it's incredible that the February update didn't change anything. Please, please, please, FIX IT! Thank you very much.
  • COUGARCOUGAR Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same issue with the “try costumes” action. Four weeks ago the help desk answered my issue, saying they were aware of the problem, ohers also had the problem and it would be fixed shortly. Please define “shortly”. One update has come and gone and issue still present
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    COUGAR wrote: »
    I have the same issue with the “try costumes” action. Four weeks ago the help desk answered my issue, saying they were aware of the problem, ohers also had the problem and it would be fixed shortly. Please define “shortly”. One update has come and gone and issue still present

The developers are aware of this and hope to have it fixed in the next update that should be out next week.
  • Janaebae1Janaebae1 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @natashaspy55 said:
    > I'm a VIP level 33 and still had the ads. Well, the ads have gone away but there is a worse "broken" now, the cost of in-game item.
    >
    > I've played The Sims FreePlay since it began 10 years ago. While the salaries for the Sims and all other perks from planting and pets remains the same as they were 10 years ago, prices for any household item have become absurd. The truly extravagant item used to be the grandfather clock for a soaring 90,000 simoleans (€). Now every item from one dining room chair start starts at 100,000€ plus. There is a huge amount of my inventory where items cost 300,000€ to over 1,000,000€ each! This would be tenable if some of that increase in cost of items would have been reflected in ANY increase in Sim's income over the past 10 years. Yes, we can purchase simoleans at a hugely inflated price but we're is the game income? No increase in Sim's income sources in 10 years? Where is the fairness in this game??
    >
    > Let's add on that the cost of Restocking for one Collection Challenge is now over $55.00! Again, doesn't this make The Sims FreePlay the most expensive in your Sims franchise now? I have loved playing this game for all 10 years and the earlier Sims World Adventure before that, but I believe this has become ludicrous. Such a shame.