Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to turn off Announcements at top of Page.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Has this been disabled? We could turn off (click the x) at top of page to remove those headers before after seeing them for the first time. Such as the March 4th-It's time for our Friday Highlights! Can't we remove those announcements now, there is no X to hide, remove.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited March 2022
    I remember them saying something like removing them was not meant to be possible in first place when the option disappeared

I wish we could though cause now I just keep assuming that I saw it already whatever it is and keep missing stuff and then be several days later like huh wait was that always there :sweat_smile:

when you could remove them it would always just show the things you have not checked out and are actually new so there was less confusion about whether or not you had actually seen it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here is a link where EA_LeeLoo made an explanation about the banner when there was an issue of it disappearing even when it was update. Apparently the fix they did is now keeping us from closing them out when we don't want to see them anymore.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/982227/friday-highlights-banner/p1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks for the answers. I would like to turn them off as we did before. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Has this been disabled? We could turn off (click the x) at top of page to remove those headers before after seeing them for the first time. Such as the March 4th-It's time for our Friday Highlights! Can't we remove those announcements now, there is no X to hide, remove.

We have the option now to make individual messages dismissible or not, I thought the one currently active was set up to be dismissible but it wasn't.

You should be able to close it now as I've edited the messaging.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank you, EA_Cade.
    You're welcome Cinebar... :)

And thank you @EA_Cade for letting us know that it works again. I know that when I had posted in this thread the other day that we didn't have that option to click on them to have them removed. I'm guessing that that it was an issue on Vanilla's end that had broke that option about 2 years ago.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    You're welcome Cinebar... :)

And thank you @EA_Cade for letting us know that it works again. I know that when I had posted in this thread the other day that we didn't have that option to click on them to have them removed. I'm guessing that that it was an issue on Vanilla's end that had broke that option about 2 years ago.

Could have been, I know that since I came on board last August the option was there for individual messages to be "dismissible".
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    @EA_Cade, the March 11th Friday Highlights banner doesn't seem to have the little x in the corner to click on it. The only banner that I was able to click on to remove it was the new patch banner as that had the x visible to see. Thanks in advance...😀