Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A southern pack ?

1235...Next

Comments

• Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited March 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Kai252018 wrote: »
    Anyone down for some chittlins?

Also in pretty sure my mom have made chittlins when we lived in Jamaica too but I can't remember what we called it lol. Its intestines right?

Yes, pig intestines. And my personal opinion is that chitlins are horrible. I had them once, and I don't ever need to have them again. No offense to anyone who may like them.

Edited to add: Usually, they are pig but apparently can be cow also. I had pig. Nasty business it was.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Just read this conversation. People, I hope that there is no dietetician or nutritionist reading this conversation because he or she must have had a heart attack :#:D
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

Also in pretty sure my mom have made chittlins when we lived in Jamaica too but I can't remember what we called it lol. Its intestines right?

Yes, pig intestines. And my personal opinion is that chitlins are horrible. I had them once, and I don't ever need to have them again. No offense to anyone who may like them.

Edited to add: Usually, they are pig but apparently can be cow also. I had pig. Nasty business it was.

Surprisingly I like them. I get picky about food texture but I actually really like the chewy/rubbery texture.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    edited March 2022
    I just tweeted how I can't stand another American world but honestly if they made a horse pack and gave us a world that represented native Americans and also southern black culture I would be happy. I know a lot of ppl have been asking for soul food and I hope we do get it. Im jamaican but it always amazed me how many similarities I can find in our food and soul food. Like im pretty sure collard greens are the same thing as callaloo in Jamaica. Which would make sense since it originated from enslaved west africans. So getting greens or callaloo would at least represent Caribbean culture too even though I actually don't like it at all but my sims are less picky than me lol.

And I mean we basically have 0 representation of native american culture so I think it would be a perfect pack to introduce it.

Southern culture in general.Lot of soul foods are just southern food.Lot of southern black culture is southern culuture in general.Another idea we can have blue a music.
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    @kaiwrysims yes it is! I can't stand the smell of them!!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    For American worlds.I don't see a problem them making other American worlds.As long as they are from different regions.America is a huge place that has different cultures .
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I looked up that recipe earlier, but decided against trying to cook it haha. :wink: Does it taste like bacon?
    I just tweeted how I can't stand another American world but honestly if they made a horse pack and gave us a world that represented native Americans and also southern black culture I would be happy. I know a lot of ppl have been asking for soul food and I hope we do get it. Im jamaican but it always amazed me how many similarities I can find in our food and soul food. Like im pretty sure collard greens are the same thing as callaloo in Jamaica. Which would make sense since it originated from enslaved west africans. So getting greens or callaloo would at least represent Caribbean culture too even though I actually don't like it at all but my sims are less picky than me lol.

And I mean we basically have 0 representation of native american culture so I think it would be a perfect pack to introduce it.

Southern culture in general.Lot of soul foods are just southern food.Lot of southern black culture is southern culuture in general.Another idea we can have blue a music.

Yep I was thinking they could add blues and country radio station that would be awesome
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    @Elliandre no not to me it doesn't taste like bacon. It been awhile since I had them :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,858 Member

Maybe it was called tripe?
    In Jamaica, tripe is usually prepared in a number of ways. Usually the intestines
    of a goat is used as part of the ingredients of Mannish water or goat belly soup.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitterlings

You'll also find animal intestines eaten in other parts of the world.

Though chitlins’ history in the Southern U.S. goes back pretty far, animal intestines
    have been consumed around the world for much longer.
    For instance:
    Haggis (boiled sheep’s intestines served in the animal’s stomach) in Scotland
    Tricandilles (pig's intestines boiled in bouillon and then grilled) in France
    Zarajo (braided sheep's intestines rolled on a vine branch) in Spain
    Chinchulín (cow’s intestine) in Latin America
    Motsu (fried pig intestines on skewers) in Japan

https://www.myrecipes.com/how-to/cooking-questions/what-are-chitlins

Maybe it was called tripe?
    In Jamaica, tripe is usually prepared in a number of ways. Usually the intestines
    of a goat is used as part of the ingredients of Mannish water or goat belly soup.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitterlings

You'll also find animal intestines eaten in other parts of the world.

Though chitlins’ history in the Southern U.S. goes back pretty far, animal intestines
    have been consumed around the world for much longer.
    For instance:
    Haggis (boiled sheep’s intestines served in the animal’s stomach) in Scotland
    Tricandilles (pig's intestines boiled in bouillon and then grilled) in France
    Zarajo (braided sheep's intestines rolled on a vine branch) in Spain
    Chinchulín (cow’s intestine) in Latin America
    Motsu (fried pig intestines on skewers) in Japan

https://www.myrecipes.com/how-to/cooking-questions/what-are-chitlins

Yeah tripe sounds like a word my mom would use lol