Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb25.jpg
    February 25: Yoga is the Journey of the Self, Through the Self, to the Self!
    Special Appearance By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )

Side Note:
    As I am still finishing up February, club meetings are still happening. I had them each weekend. In-game, it is Saturday. I loved this quote for the daily image caption. There is no story to present.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb26.jpg
    February 26: Quiet the Mind and the Soul Will Speak!
    Special Appearances By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy ), Emmett Keyes & Robin Keyes ( @permanentrose )

Side Note:
    As I am still finishing up February, club meetings are still happening. I had them each weekend. In-game, it is Sunday. I found a meditation quote for the daily image caption that I enjoyed. There is no story to present.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb27.jpg
    February 27: College Is Refuge from a Hasty Judgement!

After school, D.J. headed to the library. Announcements were made that graduating students should start sending in their college applications if they planned on attending and maybe get an idea what they want to major in. D.J. didn't have the slightest idea what he wanted to do after high school. He thought about extreme sports since he did some skiing and rock climbing now. But he also didn't want to make a career from it. It was more of a thrill hobby.

D.J. browsed around the University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute websites. He wanted to look at the degrees they were offering and see what jumped out at him. Both colleges had a Communications degree. He liked to be around people and engage with them. But now he had to decide which college of the two. The photo galleries showed the colleges were inspiring and D.J. could see why someone would want to attend each. However, the University of Britechester looked more to his style. It showed more history than the Foxbury Institute.

dj-02-215.jpg
    dj-02-216.jpg

D.J. went ahead and applied online for the University of Britechester in hopes he'd get in. He hoped his application was good enough. He answered all the questions thoroughly and gave examples of why he would make a great student there. He also pushed that he had a 4.0 GPA in high school.

dj-02-217.jpg

D.J. wanted to see what his simoleons were at in the bank, so he pulled up the app on his phone. He noticed the last three deposits from the books he's been selling at the library. He was happy that others were enjoying reading his adventures. He currently didn't have any plans for a new one. Perhaps, once he gets to college, D.J. thought that maybe he could write about his college life. He then checked his total amount. He's saved up over 14k simoleons so far from his retail job he no longer has and the books at the library. He knew he would need a loan for classes and to stay on campus. The commute from Windenburg to college would be tiresome like when he originally worked and went to high school. He would cross that bridge when the time came.

dj-02-218.jpg
    dj-02-219.jpg
    dj-02-220.jpg

Side Notes:
    • Teenagers cannot apply for a University, only Young Adults and older. I used MC Command Center (MCCC) to age D.J. up to Young Adult, had him apply, and then aged him back down again with MCCC. This is all for story purposes as March's story won't allow him to apply because of storylines which will be seen next month.
    • I'm not going to bother with scholarships with how I am creating my story. I'll go ahead and have him get a student loan and pay it off gradually, hopefully.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    March - Day 8: "The 'Date'!" Part Two

WLSYBwQ.png

Notes
    eNdqUGy.png
    Cale and Alessandra decided to travel to the Magic Realm for the rest of the day. While the sunshine and snow made everything look pretty in Glimmerbrook, it was still bitter cold. In the Realm, the weather was always perfect, just the right temperature, no rain, no snow and beauty beyond compare.

Although he was sure Alessandra had watched them many times here already, Cale asked her if she'd like to stargaze with him. While watching them was enjoyable alone, it was much more fun watching them with someone. Especially someone you cared about.

She agreed and they lay together near a small pond next to HQ.

f9VmPuP.png
    "There's Cassiopeia! I can't believe it. Usually it's not visible in Winter. Incredible. It's so big and bright!"

g2MiqWH.png
    "All the stars are always visible here Cale, the Realm is above the clouds and there are no seasons."

valZDvj.png
    "In the Magic Realm anything is possible and it's always perfect because It's enchanted and protected by the Sages. Do you know the legend of how the Realm broke apart long ago?"
    "A little, but not much."
    "It's tragic, but so romantic. Over 100 years ago, a young spellcaster fell in love with a vampire..."

Cale listened as she told him the story of Simeon, Cordelia and their baby who should've never been brought into this world.

"...so that's why no vampires, except Essa and any others born of her line are the only ones with vampire blood in their veins allowed to pass through the Portal."
    "Incredible. Josh told me Essa was special, one of a kind according to him, but I just thought he meant because he loves her."

(I think you're special too Sandy. But I don't know if I...do I?)

9v96Igx.png
    After a little while longer, Alessandra stood up and following her lead, so did Cale.
    "Have you been to the Dueling grounds or the Gardens yet? I'd love to show them to you if you haven't."
    "No, I haven't had much of a chance to go anywhere except HQ and Caster's Alley yet, so yeah, we can go there. But, I want to ask you something first...can I take your picture? I just bought a new camera and it's so pretty here. I like landscape shots alone, but...I think it would be better with you in the picture. You're so beautiful Sandy, like a model or something. If that's okay?"
    "How can I say no when you put it like that? You must have lots of girls after you with that kind of sweet talk, am I right?"
    "Maybe." Cale said with a cheeky smile.

d5mLMR5.png
    Alessandra posed for Cale in a series of shots, one of which took his breath away. They were all good in his opinion. But this one... He didn't know what was so special about it, except maybe because she had her beautiful blue eyes open so wide. He would later frame all of them and hang them on his bedroom wall. Every morning since, her face was the first thing he would see when he woke up.

7YqPBMR.png
    They went to the Dueling grounds first, saving the Gardens for the last place they would go today. Of course they had to have a friendly duel as long as they were there.

ccyDCdk.png
    Alessandra got the first hit. Cale should've been concentrating on the duel instead of staring at her and thinking how hot she looked in her duel stance.

RYFesdL.png
    Back and forth they went in a duel that seemed somewhat even despite Alessandra's years of experience over Cale. Perhaps she herself was distracted?

FiDeFlx.png
    In the end, it was Cale who would be the victor, the same as their first match. However, this time he purposely took it easy on her, even thought about throwing the match and letting her win.

UN2Wrtn.png
    Struggling for control, Cale used his power to lift her into the air, spun her around once, and then...

Bq7W3VK.png
    ...brought her gently back down to the ground, standing on her feet.

Jd9HCVC.png
    She ran to him and threw her arms around him.
    "Oh my GAWD! Cale! That was incredible! The way you controlled your power, keeping me from falling on my face? Thanks for that by the way... You're magnificent!"

ONA4onc.png
    (She thinks I'm magnificent!)
    (Better than 'sweet' right?)
    (Ohhh Yeahhh, and I got another hug too!)
    "You're welcome, it was nothing really."
    "Oh come on, it was more than nothing, it was something else. I've never seen another spellcaster do that before. Very cool!"
    "Really? I bet others have done it though. You just haven't seen them do it."
    "Maybe, but it was still a fantastic show of power and control. Great job!"

Cale just kept smiling, enjoying having her in his arms again and hearing her praise. It meant a lot.

"Shall we go to the Gardens now? It's gorgeous there and the fishing is usually pretty good too."
    "Sounds good, I love fishing, yeah."

Azh3J4A.png
    The fishing was a little slow that night, but neither one cared. They didn't talk much, except when one or the other would catch something.

02Ysf4V.png
    It was just nice being in such a beautiful spot. Especially so with a beautiful girl by his side in Cale's opinion.

PiKVBBi.png
    It was getting late now though and Alessandra said she should probably go home and get some sleep. She had to work tomorrow.
    "Thank you for a wonderful day Cale. I had so much fun."
    "So did I, I love spending time with you Sandy, we should do this again some time."
    (Oh Gawd, she's holding me again, so close this time.)
    (She smells so good, feels so good, I just want to, I want to...kiss her.)
    (Do it! Just do it Dude, come on!)
    (I don't know...should I?)

9M2FXih.png
    Before Cale could make up his mind if he should take that risk, Alessandra dropped her arms and he thought she would pull away. Instead, he got the shock of his life when she lay a hand on his arm and leaned in to give him a kiss! It was on the cheek, but it counted!
    (Sandy, what are you doing to me? What does this mean? Anything?)
    (Calm down Dude, it's just a friendly goodbye kiss from a good friend.)
    (Yeah, okay, I guess. But she's kissing me...her lips are so soft. If I turn my face just a little bit...)
    (Take it slow, take it slow, remember?)

"Bye Cale, oh, thanks again so, so much for the advice. It means a lot. You're right, I'll call my Mom when I get home. Are you going home now too?"
    "I think I'll stay here for a little while longer."
    "Okay, see ya!"
    "Bye Sandy."

FxqY3ve.png
    Cale watched Alessandra walk toward the Portal back to HQ. At one point she turned and gave him a wave with a smile. Of course he smiled and waved back. She finally stepped through the Portal and disappeared.

The daily pic is the look on Cale's face as he watches Alessandra walk away. No words needed to tell how he feels, it's obvious...

I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @afai1261
    Love that Robin and Aaron are both taking chances with overcharging in our games haha. Poor Aaron. It took Robin a while to win her first duel too, and then when she won 2, I thought she'd be on a streak, but she's back to losing haha. The shots of the them being flung up in the air are entertaining at least. Love how sims look on with amusing expressions when they watch duels haha. Glad that Aaron survived, great shots of him overcharging!

Ugh, seeing Robin with Melissa in your game is making me miss Robin being in a relationship so much in mine haha. She and Melissa are so cute together. I have vague plans for Robin though, hopefully she'll be kissing a cute girl again soon lol. Very cool of you to do an update checking in on our sims. I'll have to check in with Aaron in my game soon, in the Forgotten Hollow. Let's see how ambitious I get with my story telling though. I have this vague lore in my head but no motivation to actually develop it haha. Robin and the cowplant made for some amusing screenshots haha. I need to have Robin grow a cowplant. I'm lacking the plants to graft though and she hasn't fished one up yet. Funny that Aaron finally won a duel when you weren't controlling him lol.

Kate's genetics are really confusing me lol. Even sims genetics often make a bit more sense than this lol. I'll have to see how she truly ages up when the time comes.

@LegacySims2017 Glad that you are catching up! DJ seems to be finishing up Windenburg quite nicely :) It's nice that he got to go back to Mt. Komorebi too!

@Karababy52
    It's funny how sims can look so in love without a single romance interaction, and also no ability to actually be romantic with one another due to the game's coding, but your sims always manage haha. Getting serious Josh/Essa vibes here with Alessandra and and Cale. It's nice that Alessandra can open up to Cale too about what's going on in her life. Even if they don't get romantically involved, they have a really good friendship. Lol, those broom riding spellcasters are such a nuisance, but also very entertaining.

The perfect weather in the Realm really is so lovely. And I love your lore with how the Realm broke and Essa's cool lineage. I never end up fleshing out my lore as much as I want to, but it's at least fun to try :) Man, Cale has fallen SO hard for Alessandra, it's gonna be interesting to see you do your 100 baby challenge with how strong his feelings for one girl have become. Unless Alessandra has all 100 of his babies :D

Glad you like the familiar I gave Cale! I don't think he'll be able to do much with it without me controlling him, but it was fun to give him one anyway :)

Yeah, could be CC related with Kate. I've just never seen a kid's genetics look this off haha. It will be interesting to see how she actually ages up and who she looks like once she's all grown up. To be honest, I don't really have plans with who Cale will end up with, though I do think he and Piper make a cute pair. Not sure if I'll make things blow up with Cale, Posey and Robin yet...there are definitely ways to do it that don't cause hurt feelings, but also some drama might be fun, idk yet. I don't want to ruin Robin and Cale's perfect friendship, but sometimes fights make friendships stronger, so only time will tell :)

@Shadami Fun visit to the Von Haunt Estate! How long do you have pregnancies set for in your game?
    @permanentrose
    Love the daily pic of Robin in her dueling stance. She looks SO fierce! <3 Bianca is cute! I've read pet familiars will do that, just take off. I thought maybe it was a glitch or something that would be fixed. But I guess not. Dang... Congrats to Robin for defeating Bianca! Yay! \o/ Tsk, Pepper hanging out wtih Morgyn. It's kind of sweet actually though. She beat Morgyn! YES! Did she duel for anything? Or just a friendly duel? Curious if she got any rocket brooms. ;)

Go Cale! Sorry Robin, three in a row would've been really cool though. Love that shot of Cale being all indignant telling her off saying he didn't want to talk, then saying, okay, maybe I do while Robin sits there frying! o.O

Aww man, poor guy, he looks so conflicted. But Cale, you can't 'kind of' 'sort of' be a baby Daddy, you are or you're not, in this case you definitely are! So sweet how he admits he's terrified, but it's obvious he loves little Kate. <3 *sniff* So sweet how supportive Robin is being about it all, being there for him. She did the right thing not bringing up Posey right then too. That wouldn't help anything at all. I'm sure he'll figure out what to so. :)

Curious what's going to happen now, but don't tell me! hehe I love surprises. You know me though, of course I'm going to be cheering for Cale and Piper to be together, even if that's not really his nature to stick to one girl. Perhaps this baby is just what he needs though to realize hopping from girl to girl isn't the best idea. Whether its Piper or Posey he settles down with, or even someone else remains to be seen. Perhaps he'll just keep on the way he has been, but be a loving Dad to Kate...and a bit more careful in the future. If you get my drift. ;) I guess we'll find out soon! :)

I've been having lots of Josh/Essa vibes with these two myself. I miss them, can you tell? hehe It is fun trying to get just the right expression on their faces to make it look like they are experiencing different emotions and really care for one another. Yes, even if they never do get together in a romantic relationship, Cale and Sandy will always be the best of friends. Obviously I love the lore for my spellcasters/vampires too. I have Ellu to thank for that though. I didn't come up with it on my own. She was a BIG help! We worked it out together. <3

Gah! You and me both! I've kind of backed myself in a corner here with Cale so in love with Alessandra. Well, HE doesn't really know he's in love with her yet. His heart does, but he just knows he wants her so much it hurts! <3 Alessandra has absolutely no idea she's falling for him as well either. I think there's something there though, it's starting to show a bit anyway, I think. Hmm, all 100 with her? I don't think there would be enough time for that though, or I might try that. hehe We'll see how it goes. I'll figure something out, right? o.O

Oh yeah, no worries about that. I'm just happy he has the Phoenix. :) Agreed about Kate, I'm extremely curious to see what she looks like all grown up. Maybe she'll grow up with completely different colored hair/eyes/skin. I vaguely recall reading a thread about that possibility a long time ago. Ah, so you're undecided what to do with Cale, Piper and the baby too. That's cool. I'm confident you'll figure out something good. :) As for Cale, Posey and Robin? Yeah, could go the dramatic route with hurt feelings and lost friendship. But at this point, I just don't see that happening. Just my own personal opinion though. I think their friendship means more to them than possibly hurting it over a girl. Your choice though, it could end up making their friendship even stronger in the end despite whatever happens. Good luck with that. I'll be curious to see what you do. :)

@afai1261
    Yay! More challenge Sims, awesome! Hey! Their lips are touching! o.O How'd that happen? Is that pic posed? Whoa! Epic shot of L. turning Cale. I love it! <3 Oh man, Robin! I guess she was just super hungry eh? :D You're right! I always thought Adam was cute, but he's a hunk in your save! Wow! Cale! What the heck man? You don't even go to school. hehe Great shot of Robin turning too! HAHA! I'm guessing you're talking about L.'s bodacious bottom. :D

Ugh! Dang situational outfits! Sheesh! Ah, that's better, Hi Aaron! :) Oh boy, here we go! Who will win? He won! Yay! Congrats Aaron! Aww man, it didn't count? Tsk, that's not fair! BOOOO! :/

Thanks, again, sorry it's so freakin' big! I love it though. <3 I just had to have him cheer her up when I saw the option. The animations for it are so sweet. Yup, it shows he cares and that he took what L. advised to heart. They're just so cute together! I am seriously, very seriously thinking that yes, she could be his forever person. :) We'll see... I am SO looking forward to April, you have no idea!

OMG! I couldn't believe it when Morrigan did that, it was so funny, I almost fell out of my chair laughing! :D Morrigan was actually just getting ready to stand, but I paused just right and it did look like she was flailing and struggling to get out of there. hehe Aww, thanks for saying that, you're a sweetheart! <3

@LegacySims2017
    Yep, Dude should know better about trying to lie, never works. She saw right through him. hehe So did I! Those shots are some of the funniest I've ever taken in this game. Hilarious! I got lucky! :D

I seriously thought about just giving up on my little side challenge with Ellu, I would love to write a true romance again, like with Josh and Essa. I miss it, a lot. But no, still intend to go with the original plan. Perhaps that'll change later, but as of right now, Cale will still be a baby Daddy to lots of little nooboos, hopefully at least 100. We'll see how it goes...

Great shots of DJ at the Festival of Lights! Very cool he's still in the yoga club, for now. You're getting there. :) Loving the daily quotes for these yoga images. Ah, communications, that's a good major for him I think. Whoa, 14K! Good job DJ, that's a nice chunk of change! No scholarships eh? Curious why not? I guess we'll find out what's going on, your plans for March soon. Excited for it!

I've had to bend the rules from time to time for story purposes myself. I usually either make a new 'save as' for the story screenshots, or if I can manage it, I take the screenshots I need after cheating and then just don't save. That way in both cases, the original challenge save stays cheat free, but you still get your story screenshots. :) Win-Win!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I do not remember at all xD I did some math stuff and adjusted everything so that it would be more realistic for my brain to tell a story easier.
    March 8th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Maybe being in a distant mood helps. Well, it did for Cale. Congrats to Robin for winning the first two duels, tho. Who knew Pepper could talk. :lol: Maybe as a Familiar, the spellcaster understands them.

@afai1261
    Was fun seeing some of the Challenge Sims enter the Realm of Magic world. Looking forward to more Aaron vs Challenge Sims. I'm finally finishing my February daily images up and heading into Glimmerbrook.

@RememberJoy
    Was fun seeing the family reunion of Kaori and Caroline with Adam. I'm really enjoying Adam's meditating teleportation. Think that is my favorite since Adam is into wellness.

@Shadami
    Wow. That was a very cool tour you did of the Estate. And I think Velma made a ghostly friend in the end.

@Karababy52
    The nighttime scenery in the magic realm is beautiful. I think both Cale and Alessandra have crushes on each other. :blush: I don't the she would have wanted him to "let her win", so glad he didn't.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb28.jpg
    February 28: I Put a Spell on You!

D.J. didn't realize how bad he was starting to smell until he was getting stares on the school bus. Ever since he had a falling out with Caitlin, he never saw her on the school bus going to and fro. And he didn't even understand what she was mad about. He still saw her in school, but she would never give him eye contact. D.J. didn't know what he said or did to have this on him from her. He just wanted to know. So, he got off the bus near the mansion she lived in. Maybe she would talk in person alone. But she's been avoiding his text messages to her.

D.J. walked up to the door and knocked. After a short while, Caitlin's dad appeared at the door. He inspected D.J. up and down and with a sneer, turned around and slammed the door shut behind him. D.J. felt like he was in the twilight zone. Obviously, he was no longer Caitlin's boyfriend. But why was she and her family shunning him, D.J. wanted to know.

dj-02-221.jpg

D.J. could smell his own body odor now, so he made his way to the Bathe De Rill Pool where he's been taking his showers ever since arriving in Windenburg. Taking a shower, he enjoyed the warm water over his skin.

dj-02-222.jpg

Exiting the shower, D.J. saw another Sim in the locker room. The Sim glared at D.J. as he walked past. D.J. recognized him from school. Not very friendly. "Still living homelessly, I see." The other Sim said. D.J then recalled this Sim being at his tent in Mt. Komorebi.
    "Can I help you with something?" D.J. asked with a glare back at him.
    "Yeah, you could disappear for good. You're becoming a pain in my <insert word here>. I got you out of that mountain range, but the city council here won't help me."
    "Wait, what? You were responsible in forcing me out of Mt. Komorebi?"
    "I need you out of the picture."
    "What picture?"

dj-02-223.jpg

All of a sudden, the Sim for whom D.J. didn't even know a name for, jumped him and a brawl ensued. Fists were flying. Hair was pulled. Bruises were being made on both sides. D.J. came out as the victor with his bully cowering. However, in the brawl, D.J. did lose...his towel. He points at the bully and tells him to go away and never bother him again.

dj-02-224.jpg
    dj-02-225.jpg
    dj-02-226.jpg
    dj-02-227.jpg
    dj-02-228.jpg

As D.J. turns around to find where his towel had gone, the bully steps back and begins arm movements for which a yellow glow begins to form around his hands. As D.J. was about to stoop over and pick up his towel, he hears; "You may have one this battle, but I'm going to win the war!" D.J. felt a blast hit the middle of his back and he falls down on his knees bending over and everything goes black.

dj-02-229.jpg
    dj-02-230.jpg
    dj-02-231.jpg
    dj-02-232.jpg

Side Note:
    I don't use any type of Pose Player or Pose Mod, so I had to do my own creativity for how I wanted the Sims to be for the reader to get the idea of what was happening.

End-of-Month Update:
    Personality Traits: Active, Loves Outdoors
    Aspiration Traits: Business Savvy, Gregarious, High Metabolism, Home Turf
    Reward Traits: Always Welcome, Creative Visionary, Expert Mountaineer, Natural Leader, Speed Reader, Survival Instinct, Worldly Knowledge
    Likes: Music (Japanese Folk Music, Summer Strut Music), Hobbies & Skills (Fitness, Photography, Rock Climbing, Gardening, Skiing, Wellness, Writing)
    Dislikes: Color (Yellow)

ASPIRATIONS
    aspiration_chart_021822.jpg
    January 15 - Mt. Komorebi Sightseer
    January 22 - Extreme Sports Enthusiast
    February 18 - Leader of the Pack

SKILLS
    dj-feb-skill.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 9
    atxA8IL.png
    Aaron spent most of his days after school training with other spellcasters in the Magic Realm, and was very happy to learn that two of his friends, Robin and Cale, had become spellcasters too (reasons not disclosed, but now he had some more teen friends in the Realm). After not heeding Grace's warning about taking it slow and relaxing once he performed magic too much (and almost dying for his stupidity and hastiness), he finally learned how to discharge that energy so he wouldn't come close to death again. The amount of times he'd almost died had been astounding - a vending machine, a Murphy bed... a vampire...
    Things seemed perfect for him and Hunter in their little cottage, a vampire and a spellcaster just living out their lives in a literal fantasy.
    irfpLPU.png

Aaron had even learned a spell that could summon food at will. On his first try, he got a couple slices of pizza.
    RVWPvEF.png
    hFi8Rce.png

He excitedly went inside to tell Hunter about his new achievement.
    TM6lfXB.png

Like he thought, perfect. He could do things he never thought possible before. He felt powerful, like he could tackle anything that was thrown his way. And he was doing it all alongside a handsome man who loved him.

...It was never that simple, was it?
    Hunter came home from school enraged about something or other, while Aaron was tense about something else.
    Ez08KoV.png

He took a few deep breaths and was preparing to start on his homework when he noticed Hunter looking at him strangely, his eyes filled with something like lust, but this was an altogether different type of hunger, one that he had seen only once before...
    "Hunter, what the he-" He cut himself off abruptly as Hunter approached him, his eyes even wilder than before now. His hand moved to hold the back of Aaron's neck and he made as if to kiss him- No, HUNT- Aaron couldn't look away from those eyes now which had once been so warm and sparkling when gazing at him but were now filled with an immense rage that shook Aaron to his core. What had possessed his boyfriend to look at him with such vitriol-

this was an altogether different type of kiss.
    ORd1oQZ.png

A paralysing fear coursed through Aaron's veins as Hunter sank his fangs into his neck, something he promised he'd never do, ever-
    yLzUqyb.png
    nononononono thisisn'tright HUNTER-

Not even him being a spellcaster could change anything, but all his instincts were screaming for him to RUN, telling him that this was an enemy. He stood, feeling himself grow weaker and weaker as Hunter continued to drain him. There was that familiar tingling in his fingers again but he couldn't make a single move-
    cDjr5dh.png

The world was blurry and muffled, but he swore he heard Hunter laugh with such hatred in his voice as he wiped his mouth.
    qEZIX47.png

Then he blacked out.
    ZwfAKMX.png

S9x3OFV.png
    wTKQx5e.png
    z4y00B6.png

He wasn't dead. That much Hunter knew. He stared down at him in horror all the same. It had been a mistake to come here after all and with every new spell that Aaron learned, every new potion he made, every new spellcaster rank he reached, Hunter had felt more and more uneasy.
    He headed for the bathroom so he wouldn't have to face Aaron when he came to.
    fGbKViM.png
    It became clear to him then that he needed to leave. He had hurt Aaron in a fit of rage, and he couldn't be entirely sure that it wasn't fueled by Aaron becoming a more powerful spellcaster. But then why did his mother ever have a whole child with one in the first place? And then she had disowned that child...
    "AAAARRRRGHHHHH!" he screamed, moving towards the mirror and smashing it. Why hadn't he felt like this in the presence of Audax, who was possibly the most powerful spellcaster to exist? He stared down at his knuckles and up at the smashed mirror.

He wasn't surprised when he heard the door slam without Aaron doing so much as look for him. Maybe it was better this way... He made sure Aaron had left the cottage - he'd taken Yoshi with him, and Hunter winced - and sat down, grabbing a piece of paper and beginning to scrawl out a note.
    - this is not a breakup, think of it more as a break -
    Something else appeared on the note beside his shaky handwriting. Tears.

He folded the paper and placed it on Aaron's pillow, whispered, "I'll see you again," and stepped out into the night, turned into a bat and got the hell out of there.

Extras:
    I did not plan this but when it happened I came up with a plot development on the fly.
    Hunter was enraged from a mood swing, and you know what angry vampires do? They seek out the nearest non-vampire sim and drink uncontrollably, and that's what Hunter did. I was absolutely shocked when I saw him drinking from Aaron (so much so that I didn't even get a screenshot of the initial 'mesmerise' bit) and so... yeah. Drama ensues. Hunter crying afterwards was due to one of his weaknesses but the timing was absolutely perfect.
    eTm6t8W.png
    And so maybe there is a legitimate biological reason for vampires and spellcasters not getting along...
    and that's on lore that I invented literally yesterday LOL and still haven't fully developed but whatever...

Oh and
    I'M SORRY

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @RememberJoy
    Mar 8: "I am now able to stir the pot via telekinesis, which I got to say really saves the arms" :joy: How do you come up with these, they are brilliant!
    Lovely to see Adam going back to Mount Komorebi to catch up with Kaori again, and wow Caroline is a child already! :o She's a very cute child too!
    So cute how he gave her a rose!
    Kaori looks so shocked when he uses scruberoo on her :D

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 24: Great pics of DJ at the festival! I bet it was nice for him to return to Mount Komorebi for a bit.

Feb 25-26: And love his last few yoga club meetings too :)

Feb 27: I'd wish DJ good luck for his uni application but he has to get through Glimmerbrook first...
    So if you apply for uni and then age the sim back down, they don't lose the application?

Feb 28: Woo DJ has a hot bod! *fans self*
    Ah of course he'd be so confused regarding Caitlin :( He'll never find anything out if they don't tell him, sheesh!
    But OH what a twist! What does this boy have against DJ???! Yikes!!!
    So this wasn't as drastic as I was expecting but still dramatic all the same! What war? DJ doesn't even know he's in a war! Well I guess he does now, but wow...
    Creative use of angles there to hide DJ's bits ;)
    I think you did a great job even though you don't use poses! Poses were necessary for mine because there isn't anything in game close enough to what I wanted to convey for my transition to Glimmerbrook.

@Shadami
    Feb 20: Ah, the Von Haunt estate!
    Love seeing Velma get to relax a bit, and exploring a beautiful place like the estate grounds surely can't hurt! And nice that she got to play the piano again.
    Flirt with Bernard??? Velma!!! There is a setting that allows teens to get romantic with adults but I think it's off by default. And he's a ghost, Velma! Sheesh!

@Karababy52
    Mar 8: Aww that bit about stargazing with someone you care about - Aster and Cale stargaze together in a future update of mine <3
    they're not brainstorming baby names or anything
    Love how you incorporated the story from last year with Essa!
    Cuteness overload! Wait did he actually end the duel by putting her down gently or did you make that up? :o
    OKAY this update was more perfect than the last one!
    THE CHEEK KISS OMG!!!! <3 sorry I'm very excited, can you tell lol
    Right I think the fact that I'm getting emotional at this whole update just confirms I'm a romantic...
    So did you age Cale up or Alessandra down? ;)
    ~~~
    These challenge sims will be soon joined by DJ ;)
    Nope, not a pose, just the in game kiss for Melissa and Robin.
    I did increase Adam's muscle mass in CAS so he better matched how he looked in RememberJoy's game :) so that might be why he looks like a hunk in mine haha.
    All I said was the word pirates use to mean treasure and it got censored HAHA but yes I was talking about her butt :joy: I don't even know why I took the screenshots at THAT angle but I had to say something :D:D
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was solely because I wasn't controlling him when he won the duel. He still had a happy moodlet for winning it though. I won't cheat to complete that part of the aspiration, he'll win those duels when I'm controlling him. I think he's already won one now (and you won't believe who it was against)
    edited March 2022
    March 9

OSq339L.jpg
    The next morning, Robin experimented with potion making out in the shed for a bit.
    C3dxkab.jpg

Experimenting only goes so far without actual recipes though, so she headed to the Realm to ask L. for some alchemy help.
    0to2Kua.jpg

L. taught her how to brew the Potion of Plentiful Needs, and I must say, I do enjoy these potion brewing screenshots with Blaze in the background (trying him out as Robin's summoned familiar for a bit).
    zVAlfqe.jpg

"Potion making is hard work, L...."
    "My dear girl, stop your whining, or else I'll give you something to complain about..."
    8t7yM0s.jpg

After Robin guzzled down a Potion of Plentiful Needs, my new favorite thing ever, L. insisted she practice her dueling.
    q7p6x6i.jpg
    ZsNlebp.jpg
    yE7zhdL.jpg

For a moment, I thought Robin might pull through.
    N0qneVM.jpg

Nope :D
    09cbzVe.jpg

Almost immediately afterwards, they started an autonomous duel, and Robin yet again lost and was cursed with the Curse of Awkward Hugs.
    1oiu649.jpg

She does not look unhappy about this development however :joy:
    a58KMbh.jpg
    Nic1eVB.jpg

Simeon taught her a bit of practical magic.
    09q8KYD.jpg

And she found another hug victim, and yet again seemed more than happy to oblige to the curse's will lol.
    37jXEkS.jpg

I mean, as far as curses go, this one is probably the best haha.
    5NwwdE1.png
    tzCgIOj.jpg
    @LegacySims2017
    I agree! The Magic Realm is one of the most beautiful of all the worlds in my opinion. I love it! <3 Yes, I believe you're spot on with that statement. Cale is much more 'gone' than she is at the moment, but her feelings for him are slowly blossoming too. :) Oh yeah, she would've been very upset if he had let her win, the very reason why he didn't. Well, also because we can't control who wins so my hands were tied there. ;)

Aww man, DJ still doesn't know what's up with Caitlin. He must be so confused right now. I wonder how he'll ultimately find out. Excited to read that update. :) Aha! And here's the bully. Whoa! What a fight! Bummer he lost his towel. hehe Oh! o.O The bully is a spellcaster! Very interesting! So this is how DJ gets to Glimmerbrook and ultimately the Magic Realm. Don't know exactly how or why yet, but I love it. <3 Poor DJ though, he's got it rough right now. :/

You did very well conveying what you wanted to with natural poses in the game. It's fun trying to be creative in that way to get just the right pose eh? :)

@afai1261
    Oh no, oh no, OH NOOOOOO! OMG! How could you? *sigh* Sorry, had to get that out of my system. I totally understand given your lore for spellcasters/vampires. I wondered if something like this might happen, because like you said, 'it's never that easy.' You've done exactly what I have done when the game throws me a twist that I could run with if I so chose and I have multiple times. It's the nature of playing by the seat of your pants, winging it and making a story from screenshots.

Honestly? While I'm extremely sad for these two and I won't lie, I did cry reading this, it's for the best. Especially given how Aaron doesn't tolerate being drained, not at all. He almost died last time afterall. Which, I don't why I'm telling you that. hehe Anyway, no apologies necessary, I'll just go sob in a corner now... :'(

Aww, they do? That is so, so sweet! Yeah, I figured since Essa and everyone connected to her is in Cale's world, I had to use the same lore. I love it though, so it's not a problem. :) No, Cale didn't actually set Sandy on her feet, I don't think that's possible in a duel. He spun her around like usual and she landed on her face. :D That shot was taken after she stood back up.

Yep, you are definitely a romantic. Love your reaction! Thanks again for saying it was perfect. You flatter me! <3<3 What makes you think I aged up either one? hehe Okay, I know, I know, teens can't kiss cheeks, which honestly, I think is REALLY dumb. I mean, they can kiss necks, that's more ' risqué' than a simple kiss on the cheek! Sheesh! Anyway, I aged up Cale to YA temporarily, added Sandy to his household and cheated their romance bar for each other. I thought she could kiss his cheek after that, but no. Dangit...

They had to have a first kiss, become a couple and do a ton of romantic stuff before the option appeared for Sandy. Ugh! I didn't want to see any of that until or if they become a real couple in the future. Ah well, that's the nature of telling stories. I simply did not save after getting the embrace and kiss on the cheek. The daily pic was Cale as a teen taken before I did any of that when Sandy actually did run off saying, "I should be going now." I couldn't stop her, it was late anyway, so I just let her go.

Cool, glad DJ will join him there too. Oh, well I actually wasn't looking at his body, it was his face. I'm guessing that's because of your default skin you use. But the muscles, now that you say that, maybe I subconsciously noticed that too. hehe Tsk, I've tried to say that word before in reference to what it's called when a love interest shows up at your house late at night. The censors are so weird. Oooo, curious who he beat now! hehe Audax maybe? That would be the most surprising, I think. Or maybe Morgyn. :)

@permanentrose
    Beautiful shot of Robin at the cauldron for your daily pic! Agree! That little dragon is so freakin' cute hovering to her side there. HAHA! L. does look annoyed at Robin for complaining. Nice catch! Fantastic shots of Robin and L. at the dueling grounds! What?! They autonomously duel in your save too? Huh, that's so weird. It never happened last year with Essa. I wonder what changed. Honestly, I don't like it at all! Our Sims should be able to chose who they duel, period! I hate when the game does stuff on it's on like that! Especially since I have no autonomy set. Bleh!

Oh man, she got cursed! But hey, it's the best 'curse' of the bunch in my opinion if your Sim has to get one. Aww, all those sweet hugs! I love it! I should've had Cale keep that curse awhile, but I didn't. Maybe he'll get it again. He's had it twice now. hehe
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 9th: Potions, Duels, Fires, Oh My

Today's Accomplishments:
    Know five potions
    Reach Master rank

umKGoPI.png
    I started my day in the Magic Realm by getting some more spells and potions from Morgyn and Simeon. Morgyn gave me a spell to summon the dead (like I need that living in a haunted house) and a recipe for the Potion of Plentiful Needs, which actually got me excited.
    TbJebPa.png
    Simeon gave me a spell to summon a birthday cake (I guess cakes are better than spirits, more fun at least) and a recipe for the Potion of Good Fortune.
    SX3SXLd.png
    I thanked them and went to start a yoga class where I was able to drew in four sims.
    Nibm37N.png
    I was getting hungry so I decided to put one of those giant cauldrons to good use, and whipped up a large batch of Pasta Primavera.
    acpDQbg.png
    By the time I finished I had a few takers.
    7LY66Xl.png
    L had wandered over to see what I was cooking, so I took the opportunity to ask her for a spell and potion and she gave me a spell to deprive others of sleep and a recipe for the Potion of Perk Purging. She than wanted to sit down and talk about my date with Kaori yesterday, which incidentally I've told nobody about, so I quickly excused myself to go try out my new plentiful needs potion.
    XsKuM9F.png
    I guess there is no such thing as secrets between spellcasters.
    m6BMXb7.png
    Despite the black smoke, the potion turned out as intended and so I scooped it up into some bottles for later.
    OAme9E5.png
    I noticed Emilia nearby, so I ran over and asked if she'd duel me for artifacts, as I'd really love to win myself a wand. We got into position, but apparently on top of no secrets, there's also no sense of personal space among spellcasters. Gemma got into the middle of our battle, seemingly oblivious to it.
    r6G5CDu.png
    Perhaps she was trying to help me out, because despite the distractions, I did prove victorious!
    MoaX4HA.png
    Instead of winning a wand through, Emilia rewarded me with a familiar orb of the Bunnerfly. Sigh. I challenged Gemma next, but once again I couldn't seem to get any personal space. Good thing I've honed my ability to focus, because once again I was able to defeat Gemma.
    0RElQTW.png
    She gave me a rocket broom, which while awesome, was not a wand. Next I approached Darrel for a rematch. This time I was less crowded and easily won our match.
    wixe6uz.png
    And I received another Bunnerfly orb...
    Well at least I can sell them. Feeling a little desperate, I challenged L to a duel despite the sound beating Morgyn had given me just two days ago.
    hCYVYrn.png
    I lost.
    m3fuBPi.png
    Simeon had come in to watch my humiliation, so I asked if he'd give me some training since I'm most drawn to the Practical Magics. He agreed, stating I definitely needed it. Thanks Simeon.
    zsCoK7z.png
    After several hours I was feeling pretty good, so I thanked him and returned to the cauldrons to craft another potion.
    WUfwZ7S.png
    I wanted to try out the Potion of Good Fortune to see what it was all about, and also because I had the ingredients on hand. Again I was successful, and quickly bottled it up.
    0SGLEO1.png
    I went upstairs to a less busy area, and taking out my Plentiful Needs potions, lined them up to be upgraded.
    Kr7CHiE.png
    The first one went perfectly. The second one...
    v0EfZEu.png
    burst into flames. Ah! A fire extinguisher appeared in my hands, and I frantically worked to put out my mess.
    v30KghR.png
    I grabbed my potions and found another quiet area to finish upgrading the rest, this time without incident. The last upgrade also seemed to push me up to another level of power, I'm pretty sure I'm now a Master Spellcaster!
    March - Day 9: "Third time's a charm?"

OSrIQPz.png

Notes
    Pu1rZbE.png
    After Alessandra left, Cale fished for a little while longer and then traveled back to HQ. He needs to learn just one more potion recipe and he'll know them all, so he did some experimenting on a cauldron powered by crystals. I like the look of those, but have never bought one for my Sims. I have no idea why since they look so cool!

EW8rARU.png
    No reason for the next few screenshots, I just love how fierce Cale looks in them.

0e5ZcyF.png
    Peek-a-boo...

kUUMdTQ.png
    I see you!

e6X0K17.png
    One more...

cLK7Joj.png
    Okay, go ahead and light it now. Beautiful...

KQ4uIPh.png
    Here's something I've never seen before, all three Sages dueling at the same time! I had focused my camera on L. intending for Cale to duel with her. I was hoping he'd finally beat her and get some rare wands. I want him to gift one to Sandy since she doesn't have a wand. What better gift to give her eh?

Anyway, I found L. standing and complaining about the trash can someone had tipped over with trash piles on the ground. By the time Cale reached her, she was dueling with Simeon. No worries though, Morgyn just happened to be out there too. This will be the second time he's tried to defeat the Untamed Sage. I hope he wins a couple Rocket brooms from him, so far he only has one. Good luck Cale!

O0BlcMY.png
    *POW*
    Take that Morgyn!

eyEy6rc.png
    Cale did this exact same show of power three times in a row! But of course Morgyn blocked them every time.

6cb4XQ2.png
    Cale is holding his own so far, but Simeon is losing to his lady love. Bummer... Love this though, it's intense with all this power being thrown around. Is it just me or do duels with Morgyn seem the most intense out of the three Sages?

LIoIbtL.png
    Come on Cale, get him! You can do it Buddy!

mdmQaUr.png
    Eh, apparently not. Dangit...

qMn2ILq.png
    Look at the bolts of power coming off Morgyn's wand! o.O

gzWo55b.png
    *BOOM*

aiZgXME.png
    Gah! And the autonomous dueling strikes again! The two immediately started another duel. Look at Cale, he is in danger of overcharging! I tried to cancel the duel, but once they start, can't stop them. At least in my game.

KLPBIVy.png
    Whoa! Nice block Morgyn!

15EHN5V.png
    Ooo, is the third time going to be a charm for Cale? *crosses fingers*

O0wOyxj.png
    Nope, Morgyn is the victor once again. Yowch, right in the family jewels. That's gonna leave a mark...

m3oxAJa.png
    Is it just me or does it look like that cowplant skeleton is laughing at him? How rude!

hXmXExs.png
    "Why? Why can't I beat him?"
    Because you're not good enough, yet. He's a powerful Sage too, what did you expect?

On top of losing for the third time to Morgyn, Cale got the curse of Awkward Embraces, again. The monkey never learns...

fozJyUh.png
    First things first though. Cale needed to Discharge before he could use the Curse Cleansing spell or he could Overcharge and die. o.O

UI546pv.png
    I love how it looks when they do this. I should've had him keep that curse, but for some reason, I didn't. Oh well...

MoQyLhX.png
    One good thing though, he did get the recipe for a potion of Prompt Resurrection to complete his potions collection! Yay! Good job Cale!

XVUjxFl.png
    I'll end this update with a shot of Cale feeling very flirty in his bedroom. hehe I forgot to disable the flirty emotion on his juice bucket after Joy left the other day. Kind of looks like he's mimicking that photo of Sandy behind him eh? He is very close to reaching Virtuoso now. I expect that will happen in the next update and he'll finish the aspiration. The other aspiration might also be completed as well since it's very easy to do after completing this one.

Have a great rest of your day/night everyone! <3
    @permanentrose
    Mar 9: I love the daily pic of Robin at the cauldron with Blaze at her shoulder!
    Okay I think I need Aaron to get an orb familiar now... Maybe I'll have him collect them like Pokemon :joy:
    Haha perfect pic of L looking annoyed and Robin looking so done :joy:Robin's face is actually mine when I look at my uni assignments
    The potion of plentiful needs is so OP for what little it takes to make it lol
    Great pictures of them dueling too!
    I’m so surprised that Aaron hasn’t been cursed yet lol with all the duels he's been losing. Poor Robin but true that this is one of the better curses haha.

@Karababy52
    I’M SORRY again ahaha it was just so unexpected and I was very heavily debating whether or not I should actually include this in the story. I think it’ll make the plot develop in a very interesting way! And the game just threw it at me, and I knew that, story-wise, Hunter would never do that so there has to be something deeper and more sinister at play here. Even though it was just a game thing and I always had the option of making it be a dream or something, but it was NOT a dream and it did happen.
    Hunter knows that he's actually a danger to Aaron now while he remains a spellcaster so he just had to get out. He's disgusted with himself but he does still love Aaron and it's going to be VERY hard for them both soon.
    I cried while writing it, so lol. You should have seen my reaction when it was actually happening in game!
    My poor babies, I'm really putting them through hell... Well no in this case the game did that, but I just put them in deeper :D

WAIT really teens can't kiss cheek? Aaron and Hunter did all the time, that's news to me! But I guess since I use MCCC which unlocks the neck kiss for YA and up, it also unlocks cheek kiss for teens? That's so weird! And also weird that the option didn't even appear until you did all that... But it was a very cute moment even if it did require a lot of set-up.
    ~~~
    Mar 9: Seeing the daily pic... Cale, what's got you so down?
    Love the pics of him at the cauldron! Wait I think I've said that for every pic of him at the cauldron :joy:
    Aaron needs to use the cauldron more in my game lol.
    Oh wow those pics of all three of the sages engaged in duels are awesome!
    RIP Cale('s family jewels), guess he won't be getting those 100 babies now, eh? ;) hehehe
    Oh, there's the dead cowplant! :joy: The cowplant skeleton looks so cool!
    I can't wait for the day that Cale finally beats Morgyn haha

@RememberJoy
    Mar 9: What's got Gemma looking so worried in the daily pic? :D
    Okay how did L find out about his date with Kaori??? Secret sage powers LOL
    Gemma, get out of the way! :joy: Congrats to Adam for winning the duel, of course!
    There's always one that has to catch on fire...
    @Karababy52
    It's fun watching sims make potions and stirring the cauldron with their wands. Impressive that Cale only has one more potion to learn. I feel like Robin still needs to learn so many spell and potions. It's my first time playing this pack though, so pacing all that has been a learning experience. Super cool to have Cale dueling with all the Sages too! I'm surprised Robin was able to beat Morgyn in my game, must have just been luck. She has yet to beat the other Sages. Nice screenshots you got in this update, and nice progress too!

So to answer your question, Robin has been dueling for knowledge mostly just since she still has a lot of spells she has to learn. Once she gets more powerful, I may have her duel for artifacts if I have time since the brooms and wands are super cool. And yes, I was surprised when L. and Robin started autonomously dueling so soon after they had just finished their first duel. But I play with full autonomy on most of the time so I guess I'm not really that surprised haha. I could have canceled it or reset them, but it's fun sometimes to see where my game leads me.

@LegacySims2017
    Poor DJ, all confused about Caitlin and why she won't talk to him anymore, and then the school bully comes alog to make things worse...and he loses his towel too. I was laughing but also feeling bad for poor DJ in that moment. Nice segue to start including magic in your game for this month, curious to see how this all unfolds for DJ!

@afai1261
    Poor Aaron almost dying all the time lol. Reminds me of my sim Jules last year. Robin needs to learn some more spells too, that food summon spell seems very convenient! And wow, kudos to you for including the uncontrollable drinking in your story! Jules is a hot headed sim, so last year when she was a vampire, she tried to drink uncontrollably from her teen daughter, but I reset them before it could happen just since I couldn't see Jules doing that, but I love the dramatic turn your story is taking, even though it's sad :( Poor Aaron is gonna be a mess when he wakes up.

Lol, Robin's face is my face too, right now, as I'm avoiding studying for an exam tomorrow.
    @afai1261
    No worries! I know they'll still be a couple, Hunter is just a danger to Aaron right now. I hope Aaron understands that, I'm sure he will even though it will be very sad for both of them for awhile. Every time I had Josh go away for a variety of reasons, it broke my heart too, but it was necessary and made sense for the story I was going for at the time. Totally understand! Like I said it's fun to just run with stuff like this that the game throws at you. I rarely play with full autonomy too and the game still surprises me with autonomous actions. Plus, it would get very boring if everything was sunshine and rainbows all the time, right? Gotta have some kind of drama now and then just to keep people wondering. ;)

I think I misspoke. What I meant to say is that a YA can't kiss the cheek of a Teen. I think two teens can kiss cheeks now that I think about it. However, I didn't want to age down Alessandra, it made more sense to age up Cale. You can't even tell he's a YA in those pics, so it worked out. :) I have a certain *ahem* Mod that I could configure so teens and YA could have a 'real' relationship too, but decided not to go there. Honestly, if I'd wanted to, I could've had Cale start making babies right from the beginning. Ellu and I agreed though that we would wait until our boys were YA before they could start our little side challenge.

I couldn't believe I had to do so much just so she could freakin' kiss his cheek! Gah! Oh well, it happened so that's all I care about, got my screenshots. :) I should've just configured my Mod now that I think about it. But knowing me, I'd forget to turn it back off and then all hell would break loose. hehe

I'm sure you've figured out by now he was sad about losing to Morgyn and getting cursed. Poor Boo Boo. Hey, it's okay, I understand. He looks fantastic at the cauldron! Love spellcasters so much! You should show Aaron more at a cauldron, he looks great too! Of course. ;) HAHA! Well, I guess like vampires, spellcasters heal or are protected from such things so I'm sure his family jewels are still functional. No worries there! LOL! The only thing, the only little thing I like about cowplants is when they die. Their skeleton looks amazing and is great for creepy decorations! They're kinda cute when they dance too. Wait! Who said that? Wasn't me, nope, you're hearing things! o:)

Me tooooo! I wasn't going to have Cale duel at all after he won three times for the aspiration. But he has to beat Morgyn and L. both before he'll hang it up. ;)

@permanentrose
    Yeah, honestly? Both aspirations could be completed in a few hours if you pushed them, but it's more fun to take it slow. I just want more time this month to do other stuff before Cale ages to a YA and goes to Uni. That's why I decided to forge ahead instead of taking it slower. :) I have some vague plans forming... ;) I'm glad you're taking it slower with Robin, makes it more fun that way when it's your first time properly doing the aspirations.

Ah, that makes sense! Would you believe I did not know they could learn spells/potions from dueling for knowledge? I just thought their rank bar would go up so I never had Essa duel for knowledge last year, only Artifacts. o.O I actually took the time to read the description this year. So that old saying is true, 'we learn something new every day.' Even if you've already played an aspiration, there's usually still something new to discover if you do it again. Case in point! ;)

Oh! That's true, I could've just reset Cale to cancel his autonomous duel with Morgyn, didn't even think of that. Thanks for the idea! hehe I don't even have full autonomy on for Cale at the moment and he and Morgyn autonomously dueled. I don't know if it was Cale's idea or Morgyn's, it just happened. I bet he wouldn't even have gotten anything out of it if he had won! o.O
    March 9th Comments:

@afai1261
    Aww, man. Not good. Hunter's going to need to try and figure out how to control his bad side to spellcasters. Hate to ponder what Aaron is thinking after what happened. Probably freaked out. And there was Yoshi sleeping away.
    Regarding the university application, yes, the game acknowledged that it didn't happen when I aged him back down to teenager. I'll share more of the background I made with the bully this month and what this "war" is. I think you'll be entertained at who I am bringing into the fold. A small hunt it's based on a supernatural tv show ( no, not Supernatural itself :lol: ).

@permanentrose
    The look on Robin's face when stirring the pot. :joy: Love the response you had L. give. Uh oh. Hugs Curse. Such a tragedy. :lol:
    I tried to add a little humor to the final daily image for the month of February. With a brawl like that, how could anyone keep their towel on. :joy:

@Karababy52
    I plan on going more into the backstory I decided to create for the bully and why he now is bothering D.J. I do have plans of bringing into the fold of D.J. finding out about his son. I just don't know how yet. It's a surprise for me too right now. :joy:
    I kind of was routing for Cale to beat Morgyn as well. And yeah, the cowplant is definitely mocking Cale!

@RememberJoy
    :joy: @ personal space! Everyone is awe of Adam at how powerful he is getting that don't realize they're getting in the way. Although, it has proven beneficial to him.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    March 10
    B4FPkPI.png
    He awoke with a groan and a shuddering gasp, stretching out his stiff limbs and flexing his fingers. Even the smallest movement resulted in agony and he was very aware of a throbbing in his head and an intense thirst, but unlike the last time he'd been drained, he'd been able to pull himself out of the deep well of pain that Hunter- Hunter... - had put him in. He closed his eyes and grimaced. (I thought you loved me, Hunter) was his only coherent thought. Hunter was nowhere to be seen - (Coward) his mind suddenly supplied and he let out a little cry. He had looked so angry, his eyes so strange to how Aaron usually saw them. He had been an entirely different entity altogether...
    He got to his feet slowly, biting back nausea that threatened to overwhelm him, and settled instead for crawling into the kitchen to grab a potion of plentiful needs. Draining it, he rose to his full height. He had to get out of the cottage - the thought arrived to him with an urgency and he clipped Yoshi's lead to his collar and slammed the door shut on his way out.

He was soon overwhelmed by his own thoughts, the pain in his neck that remained even after his other aches had disappeared, and the great gaping hole in his chest that might have once been filled with love for Hunter, but was being quickly replaced with something else, something he didn't want to dwell on for too long or he was sure he'd break down. Yoshi led him to a mansion and he shook himself out of his thoughts to question the animal, but Yoshi seemed to insist, and...

atBOnw7.png
    "Cale? You live HERE???"
    Yoshi gave him a look as if to say 'see?'
    "Yeah, it's a pretty sweet place, huh?"
    He wasn't wrong, it was huge. "Robin's also here, and Adam," Cale continued, indicating the girl who had just stepped out of the house to see what was going on.
    N0EdNOA.png

"Vampire bite?" Robin asked, looking at his neck curiously and Aaron glanced away.
    "Hunter," he said softly, and she gasped.
    "WHAT?!"
    "I don't even know what I did, but I..." His hands shook and she stepped forward to try calm him. "It was like he was someone else, a complete stranger..."
    "I can't believe he would ever do that to you," she said. "I'm sorry... you two seemed so perfect for each other..." She trailed off.
    He let out a frustrated groan. "I just really need to get my mind off him... kinda want to punch something right now."
    "Do you want to duel then?"
    He flicked his fingers and muttered an incantation - when he was satisfied that he could still do magic well, he nodded.
    U8gqe15.png
    MrzRuUm.png

He was knocked off his feet and slammed to the ground, cursing.
    Xf3nFDR.png
    UCAMVHF.png
    vwRSn3w.png

"Sorry if I hurt you even more," she said, sounding worried, as Yoshi came up to give him a doggo hug.
    gktaDPm.png
    No. Doing magic felt good... he felt the power flowing through his veins again. He stood and caught his breath to congratulate her on besting him.

"I do want to try dueling Cale," he said suddenly.
    Cale came down the front steps. "You're on, Aaron!"
    LS3Gziv.png

Robin watched as the boys fought with ferocity, Aaron finally able to overpower Cale and fling him around, finally throwing him to the ground.
    6jRXOsr.png
    Ifp5M5t.png
    8DXTVKd.png
    vKpFWdo.png

Finally, his first duel win!
    eCGddHy.png

Cale stood up slowly and clapped Aaron on the shoulder. "That was intense," he said, grinning. The phone in his pocket buzzed, and he brought it out to look at it. "Sorry, gotta take this," he said, turning away from Aaron to answer the call.

Later that night in Windenburg... (note: yes this update and yesterday's take place after a bit of a timeskip ;) )
    c2vA6Eu.png

"Cale... you seem... different."
    "Is that a bad thing?" he asked, worried. "Is it because-"
    "Have you become a spellcaster?"
    CdcVAuT.png

Oh... "Yes," he said finally. "Does that... change things? For...us?"
    "It shouldn't," she said, "but vampires have always had a complicated relationship with spellcasters..." She shook her head. "Don't worry about it."
    "But I will worry about it," he said. "Oh, I'm an idiot..." She silenced him with another kiss, and then, "Do you want to feel the baby?"
    l6voSSZ.png

"Hello, baby," he murmured as he placed his hands on her belly. "It's me, your daddy."
    dFpMx1M.png

He looked up at her, his eyes filled with wonder. "That's really our baby..."
    "Yeah, it's pretty amazing..." She paused, and finally concluded the sentence with,"...but also terrifying."
    OrLIHYe.png
    "How did your parents take it?" he asked, somewhat afraid of the answer.
    "Well, my mother hasn't frozen you with a simray yet, has she?"
    "Did she threaten to?"
    Aster grimaced. "That and... a few other things..."
    "Oh..." He sighed. "Kinda puts a damper on the mood."
    "You asked. But it's behind us now, I don't think she hates you anymore."
    "That's a relief," he said quietly.
    tnEesnz.png

They stood there basking in the sunset for a while enjoying each other's company, when Cale suddenly asked if she'd like a massage.
    3g8u45a.png

And then... "Would you like to stargaze?"
    "Of course," she replied with a smile. "I used to stargaze a lot with both my mothers trying to see if we could spot Sixam. Though I guess that would be technically planet gazing... shut up." She pointed it out just as he began to lie down. "That's where my mother comes from, and my other mother's father."
    TABIiMC.png
    A5V1jDq.png

He told her about his own experiences stargazing with his own mother as a form of escape from his stepfather, and pointed out all the constellations he knew. She mentally noted down his favourite ones and listened to the myths associated with each as he retold them, even though she already knew them all.
    5IO0ZcP.png

Cale propped himself up on one elbow and watched her as she looked up into the sky. She glanced at him and grinned.
    "That's not looking at the stars," she said, and he laughed.
    "Am I wrong though? Since your name means star and all," he winked.
    "Speaking of names..."

Post edited by afai1261 on
    March 10

ghlZAnl.jpg
    Robin was determined to get her winning streak back. Since she had already beat one Sage, she was confident she could beat another.
    T6bixv2.jpg

Rose thinks she's being a bit too confident.
    n8z9nLn.jpg
    dT1gG2V.jpg

Oof.
    jXrjQlp.png

Gotta love it when duels gather a crowd haha.
    lgEMVES.png

But Robin picked herself right up and insisted on trying again.
    MQXwwOc.jpg
    TOGPWbl.jpg
    Atz6MGl.jpg

I love that they can drink potions straight from the cauldron.
    7r4xP4F.jpg

"Come here, Simon. I'm desperate to give you a hug."
    Pddl3gi.jpg
    QIzpUUt.jpg

"The Curse of Awkward Hugs, huh? I've had that one a few times myself."
    sZgdNVP.jpg

She fished for a bit as well before heading home.
    n6euTZ1.jpg

"These Potions of Plentiful Needs are my new favorite thing, Cale. I'm gonna stock up on a million of them."
    "Are you sure we're making this right? It feels extra hot in here, and something doesn't smell right..."
    lqKUPQ8.jpg

Whoops....
    FzaVcx0.jpg
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Is it worth catching up? Like I feel bad and was committed then I stopped. If I decide to catch up February can I skip march’s world? I have zero experience with the magic stuff?? Need some advice lol
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'd say if you want to skip March to catch up than go for it. I'm extremely behind myself.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    @Shadami im still in the beginning of February lol. I was doing like one or two sim days and consider it one day. But sim weekdays are super boring because it’s work and school majority of the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top