Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa residential Beach lot - what to do there?

What are people doing with the lot that exists entirely in sand in the middle of a beach in Tartosa?

Building a house there?

Changing it to a beach and putting that in (too bad it doesn't cover any water or I could put in some Sulani boats).

Some other plan?
I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I’m going to have a beach wedding lot there. 💒🎉.

I’m just doing a prison challenge in Willow Creek but when I’m back in Tartosa thats what I’ll do next there.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I was originally going to make it a beach lot, but the game warned me that a beach is better if it right up into the water, so instead I made it spa that looks like a beach lot. I put a few beach towels and lounge chairs down with umbrellas, an outdoor yoga training area and some meditation pillows, as well as a picnic table and grill all just outside on the sand and then a small beachy looking building that has a few other spa activities and a bathroom.
    I also put two vendor stalls at the location, 1 for food and 1 for drink.

I've visited it a few times with played sims now and am pretty satisfied with what it offers so don't plan to change it at this point.

I did consider making it a beach wedding venue, but opted not to because I probably wouldn't use it often for that (I already have quite a few other suitable locations for weddings in my game) and because I've read horror stories here about wedding guests all going swimming mid-ceremony.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Hm has anyone tried making it a beach? How is the autonomy? Because I wanna have another beach somewhere other than Sulani and that is the only lot in the new world that I can make a beach
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I made it a beach and it looks and works great. You can still use boats and pool floats there if you have them in your inventory. In the past, whenever I've added aqua zips and floats to the beach lots for general use they disappeared in live mode, so it's not like any functionality is lost here if you can't place them there in the first place. I suppose you could add a building there and have maybe a restaurant, but given how few usable beaches we have, I think it's a pity to use them as anything else. Or you could make it into a rental lot camping ground with tents.
  • Options
    ThatFlutterGuyThatFlutterGuy Posts: 19 Member
    So I got real nerdy with the lore, the original Princess Cordelia loves the ocean and beaches (and pirates) so in my game I adjusted the Laurent family, made Arnessa not related to the Laurent’s at and turned her back into a young adult, so when I introduce a couple of pirates, maybe she’ll have a baby with one and they’ll wind up living down there. Either that or turn it into a park or somthing I haven’t decided
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    I downloaded a lot called Jungle Cabins from the Gallery and converted the build to Beach Cabins. Right now, I have it as a residence for a large household, but it could be used as a vacation home too.
    y4mx6tXfhAT5mhUax4AxeLmLyrO0_JVJqxIgva7wbnHfD836dl0TeQzJwsimrRWJWV9cQ2sa9bWkvNLU8dUD9mtDAV63Pdo1QGyJuHOvjywvmmmeiBuocMIf5APhUZnO-rx13TnWkOoVUZI5WUTpK8pNPuNo38dgt_oZKTAaEJTUSiDhz0zBU40Z95yv2QyNXQv?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4m-n_JTiG-N3xd3q0IN7mj_LIhL9_YPGwe7V_Wff1KkcO0OPpV5Cd1B-y-jKsjYR_Yj6IT9AW9BUJt7AuEFCez0RJKCtcP5HhHIuZwdG1DwpsF1rx0C0ja_a0m5ZaCJc69ybvbUBqOA00a-iqmzlosp39vRuTrNLbhVQy-IdkRO3Y8lq8XWCd_dMZnC5Yd2JNF?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mWO7ED6gb9SOFFmIY-2Q0R4NgAfYja3zrlj8AXLIW5kx9mQ58riFvLrY7DjrGIiQvNBR-21On0f7VGAEKVibQmFMMSNW9xc-y2u9a6tTU52W6oSumW30Lb5sJBmPCJymDm8m2NwC1m5MPlaobQjyHyQmjyJ78FBR0SgyB1UfKn_6Wk103ZpHOtzP36uBuGBo3?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I turned mine into an open air beach bar
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I ended up having a beach spa there along with some outdoor activities (beach) and a small area for a wedding!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A beach lot will attract more sims to the lot and more sims to the water.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Clothing optional beach, after all it is inspired by the south of France or somewhere about there. :lol:
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I turned mine into an open air beach bar

Me too!
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I added fishing and a public bathroom to liven things up a bit on the beach. The temple is the home of a mermaid
    EiNOeHr.png
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I built a very tiny micro home so I can have Sims live on the beach and level up their skills fast with the lot boosts. I put some beach towels, lounge chairs, the large fountain and a little outdoor area for meals and drinks to eat outside on good weather days while overlooking the beach. I'm really enjoying Tiny Home living on the beach.
    BOsqgYN.png
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I made mine into a beach lot
    PyapNHl.png
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Thanks for all the opinions folks.

I've put in a beach lot. Grabbed one from the gallery and made a few adjustments to it to add fishing and a fish-food stall.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2022
    I build a family and pet friendly café there.
    I would have build a beach lot, but I was too dumb to notice that the requirements for that lot type are optional.

The preview thumbnail for that beach lot is more than awful, though.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited March 2022
    I made that lot into a celebrity residence, with all the bells and whistles. :D (I don't have a pic handy.)

Edit to say, in a tweaked Grecian build of a lot I got from the Gallery. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have no idea what EA was thinking when making it a default residential lot, but it's definitely NOT a location for a home... lol A residential lot would look completely out of place.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I turned mine into a wedding venue! :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I have no idea what EA was thinking when making it a default residential lot, but it's definitely NOT a location for a home... lol A residential lot would look completely out of place.

I guess they actually listened to all simmers who wanted a beach front home, it was a big subject especially with Del Sol Valley. But I agree that the beach lot could have been shipped as a community lot. It's easy to re-categorize it, either way.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    This is just me but I'm building a Mediterreanean manor on it, with the lore that it was privately owned by the Princess Cordelia as a vacation spot from the royal what-have-you. I also have it that Tartosa was her Principality (There's no mention of a king or queen, and Principalities are a thing, so).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Well, I have my Eric & Ariel's small Palace on the beautiful 40x20 beach lot in my Medieval game save.
    Some of my other timeline game saves I just made a Beach Party on it.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    I made it into a residential. However, it's logical in my game. This is the first world since Sulani, where Mermaids even come close to being usable. So, for me, Tartosa is a mermaid world, not a wedding world. I am not all that interested in the wedding venues and the weddings gameplay, I got the pack for the build/buy, and the beautiful new world.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I have an artist sim and his conservationist wife live in a house on that I placed on that lot. It's a good lot for painting and the conservationist sim can take sample of the ocean's water.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I made it into a Gym Lot for the locals and called it Muscle Beach 😄

It was a quick and easy job of just putting down some weight machines and punching bags, a yoga spot with mats, a little building to shower and use the bathrooms and a vending machine for snacks.