Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Did you build that, @Silentkitty? It looks great! I really like the strategic use of some landscaping.

Edit: I'm dumb, I just realized you said "I got .. from the gallery". What username built that? I have a spa at that location right now but have been considering swapping it out for a beach.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited March 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Did you build that, @Silentkitty? It looks great! I really like the strategic use of some landscaping.

Edit: I'm dumb, I just realized you said "I got .. from the gallery". What username built that? I have a spa at that location right now but have been considering swapping it out for a beach.

I will look that up :)

844b7d96db094ad502a0d1db1ef6143c6e26b723.jpg

There were a few 40 x 20 beach lots when I was last online. Now I am offline again.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    In the same way Tiny Living TVs didn't have Seasons stuff like the countdown (probably still don't, haven't checked in a while), you can't slow dance when LinZ is playing music.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited March 2022
    @crocobaura and @SilentKitty : Thank you both so much for the helpful info. :)
    Seems I'm dumb as well.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2022
    Daravi wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I won't argue that :)

Just saying, when I quit a game I will go silently because of the lost of interest in it. I'm not a fan of social media drama. I already have reduced my gaming hours since two or tree weeks for 1 hour or less in a week, since things with sims4 annoy me more and more.

Oh yeah I get that. I am pretty active on Twitter, but not on sims Twitter as it's a childish place full of boring, tedious drama lol. I come here sometimes to see what's going on, and during those times (like now), I will voice my discontent because part of me still hopes to see the day that this company will take player feedback to heart and genuinely try to change direction - not "ok fine we'll patch game / pack x" changes but real, genuine changes. I'm not even expecting them to deliver Guerilla-, Supergiant- or Rockstar-type polish, if they could just be a bit more Ubisoft (which I don't love but vastly prefer), I'd already be happy :joy:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    Back on track about the complaints concerning MWS, I was thinking about how this pack was supposed to be the show stopper. The main thing for this roadmap during this period. What was it, a kit, a GP then another kit, right? Wow...the GP was totally broken and so many other missed opportunities. But let's all run out, forget about a totally broken pack and what Maxis did, and buy the next kit coming out soon. Sigh. Then we wonder why so many bugs for years go un repaired when the community is so willing just to sweep dirt under the rugs and buy the next new shiny. I watched Pixelade (?) I probably spelled the name wrong, when the pack was first released. Even he is done, as he states it would not be so bad if this was a one off thing but stated it has happened over and over in TS4. Released packs with broken main features. I agree. If Maxis wants to know how some really feel all they have to do is watch his video about EA This Must Stop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Uhh9FImuU

Yes, I know 2 more patches are coming to fix this pack but this was pathetic considering they pre patched it before worldwide release. I won't be buying any new kit and sweep this under the rug. I won't forget because this isn't a onetime thing but happens with all the packs 85% of the time. Then patches break patches and older packs. And the player base sweeps it under the rug and gets a mod.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Back on track about the complaints concerning MWS, I was thinking about how this pack was supposed to be the show stopper. The main thing for this roadmap during this period. What was it, a kit, a GP then another kit, right? Wow...the GP was totally broken and so many other missed opportunities. But let's all run out, forget about a totally broken pack and what Maxis did, and buy the next kit coming out soon. Sigh. Then we wonder why so many bugs for years go un repaired when the community is so willing just to sweep dirt under the rugs and buy the next new shiny. I watched Pixelade (?) I probably spelled the name wrong, when the pack was first released. Even he is done, as he states it would not be so bad if this was a one off thing but stated it has happened over and over in TS4. Released packs with broken main features. I agree. If Maxis wants to know how some really feel all they have to do is watch his video about EA This Must Stop.

Yes, I know 2 more patches are coming to fix this pack but this was pathetic considering they pre patched it before worldwide release. I won't be buying any new kit and sweep this under the rug. I won't forget because this isn't a onetime thing but happens with all the packs 85% of the time. Then patches break patches and older packs. And the player base sweeps it under the rug and gets a mod.

Unless this new kit comes with playable babies, cars or airplanes, an attraction system, a new supernatural Sim, dragons, horses, or a rebate coupon for the cost of the wedding pack, I will certainly NOT forget the bugs in this pack. But if they want me to forget, they are welcome to add any of those things in the new kit and I will wipe my memory clean of rotting cakes and wayward brides and pretend it never happened, since I don't actually play with weddings in my game anyway.

I bought the pack to enjoy the new world with nine more lots. Life is short. I could get struck by lightening tomorrow or worse, I might have to go back to work soon, and then once again I won't have time to play the Sims often. I do think it's overpriced and buggy. I have tried to give honest feedback in the topics that asked for it, so others can make their decision. I've checked to make sure all my bugs are logged in bug reports. I wish I had waited for more patches or a sale since the world gameplay was less than I expected and I feel a bit like I got swindled at the sabacc table.

I personally don't boycott companies unless they violate human rights or destroy the environment. And if it was true that this even works, many other companies would have caved to mass street protests and boycotts by now. The Sims just made one terribly buggy game. They are still good in my books and don't deserve boycotts. Only some irate customers, lots of critical feedback, and funny memes, as is natural to happen when you sell broken things at full price or exaggerate wildly in your promotional marketing.
    Elliandre wrote: »

Unless this new kit comes with playable babies, cars or airplanes, an attraction system, a new supernatural Sim, dragons, horses, or a rebate coupon for the cost of the wedding pack, I will certainly NOT forget the bugs in this pack. But if they want me to forget, they are welcome to add any of those things in the new kit and I will wipe my memory clean of rotting cakes and wayward brides and pretend it never happened, since I don't actually play with weddings in my game anyway.

I bought the pack to enjoy the new world with nine more lots. Life is short. I could get struck by lightening tomorrow or worse, I might have to go back to work soon, and then once again I won't have time to play the Sims often. I do think it's overpriced and buggy. I have tried to give honest feedback in the topics that asked for it, so others can make their decision. I've checked to make sure all my bugs are logged in bug reports. I wish I had waited for more patches or a sale since the world gameplay was less than I expected and I feel a bit like I got swindled at the sabacc table.

I personally don't boycott companies unless they violate human rights or destroy the environment. And if it was true that this even works, many other companies would have caved to mass street protests and boycotts by now. The Sims just made one terribly buggy game. They are still good in my books and don't deserve boycotts. Only some irate customers, lots of critical feedback, and funny memes, as is natural to happen when you sell broken things at full price or exaggerate wildly in your promotional marketing.

I don't believe in boycotts of any kind. That is not what I said. I said if Maxis wants to know how their paying customers feel all they have to do is watch Pixelade's video before the announcement of any sort of patch. However, no this is not the first time they released bug filled packs. I do recall some problems with main features in Eco Living, Paranormal, the acting career, the vet career, and many, many other main features of packs. Too many to list and the main features were not working as they were supposed to on day one. I'm not the only person who knows this, many of the game changers are very aware but not many have the fortitude to post about it as Pixelade did.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I don't believe in boycotts of any kind. That is not what I said. I said if Maxis wants to know how their paying customers feel all they have to do is watch Pixelade's video before the announcement of any sort of patch. However, no this is not the first time they released bug filled packs. I do recall some problems with main features in Eco Living, Paranormal, the acting career, the vet career, and many, many other main features of packs. Too many to list and the main features were not working as they were supposed to on day one. I'm not the only person who knows this, many of the game changers are very aware but not many have the fortitude to post about it as Pixelade did.

We adapt.

One upon the time I used to preorder Expansions. Now I remain offline, read up on patches and new content before going online.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2022

Honestly if I still actually played this game, and I needed more room, I would've done the same - altho I'd have bought it on something like cdkeys for half the price if possible lol. I understand why people do this, and in the end, you're the one who needs to find value in it, at least enough to justify your purchase to yourself and only yourself. Because what we think doesn't really matter. It's just unfortunate that for EA money > complaints, so as long as enough of it keeps coming in, I think much of the feedback from those paying customers will just fall on deaf ears. But so does the feedback from us non-paying customers so lol, yolo right.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2022
    This was my sims' "wedding". I knew it was buggy but I thought It was gonna be a mess but I would still be able to get them married. NOPE.
    As you can see NONE of the guests were there (they were gathered near another arch), NOT A SINGLE interaction worked, (not one!!!!) they didn't even come in the right outfit, I couldn't get them to get married since no interaction worked......It's "never seen before" buggy !!

ILnLTEy.png
    I don't believe in boycotts of any kind. That is not what I said.

Hi, I don’t really want to argue with you, but it seems to me that is what you said. You said, "I won't be buying any new kit and sweep this under the rug. I won't forget..."

This company has a new product coming out for sale. You made a statement that you are refusing to shop at this company and later elaborated that it’s to punish them for all the bugs and/or to correct their behavior of releasing buggy packs. That is what boycotting is. Maybe we just have a different opinion on what boycotting is.

You also said, "But let's all run out, forget about a totally broken pack and what Maxis did, and buy the next kit coming out soon. Sigh. Then we wonder why so many bugs for years go un repaired when the community is so willing just to sweep dirt under the rugs and buy the next new shiny.” ... I feel you are just accusing, shaming and blaming shopping customers for the game’s bug problems. According to your theory, because we keep shopping and forgetting problems, the packs are going un-repaired. I have 20 years experience in corporate customer service admin management and recruitment. From my experience, I think that is a highly unlikely theory explaining this team's shoddy, broken AF product.
    I said if Maxis wants to know how their paying customers feel all they have to do is watch Pixelade's video before the announcement of any sort of patch.

I like his video. I don't disagree with everything he said. But that is actually not what you said. You said, “If Maxis wants to know how "some" really feel all they have to do is watch his video about EA This Must Stop.” I didn’t have a problem with your first sentence. Now you have changed it and took the word "some" out and I’m sorry I don’t agree with it anymore. I am a paying customer who bought this pack and have played it. If Maxis wants to know how I really feel, they have to ask me. Youtubers don’t speak for me, they speak for some other people. As for other issues, the company would have to say first what their problems are to truly find out what I think. I have no idea what their problems are, but I have a few thoughts based on some things I have seen. There are also a lot of computer engineers and programmers playing the game who have their own opinions of what is going on. We can only just speculate and I'm not sure that does much good.
    However, no this is not the first time they released bug filled packs. I do recall some problems with main features in Eco Living, Paranormal, the acting career, the vet career, and many, many other main features of packs. Too many to list and the main features were not working as they were supposed to on day one. I'm not the only person who knows this, many of the game changers are very aware but not many have the fortitude to post about it as Pixelade did.

But he is saying that this is happening all the time. I own every single pack and played them all and I’ve never received a bug filled pack like this one before. This one broke the mould. He is also demanding transparency. To me, transparency for a corporation should be about access to information about who key management is, what the different roles and salaries are in a company, correct product pricing information, company policies and programs, hiring practices, etc. It’s not about knowing internal office politics, problems or any employee office gossip on why a pack is more buggy than usual. Many people in the company probably have different opinions as to why this is happening to them.

I am very sorry for others who have a lot more bugs than me that are not fixed yet and especially lag, I think lag is even worse then bugs. It can be I have a different playing experience, since I play on Autonomy Off. I’m not too focused on weddings, doesn’t mean I don’t want it fixed, but other than all these wedding bugs, I only have one or two other bugs that interfere with my play, everything else works for me in autonomy off. They do fix bugs, because all the previous bugs I had that interfered with my game have now been fixed.
    edited March 2022
    @elliandre, while I don't disagree with anything you just posted, this is the "Negative thoughts" thread and not the right place to express disagreement with people's negative thoughts. The whole point of having different threads for "negative" and "positive" is so that they don't derail into just back and forth disagreements and arguments.

Besides, Cinebar has had that melancholy, end-of-the world viewpoint regarding the franchise's direction for much, much longer than you have even been on the forums. She isn't going to change her mind any time soon, I don't think.

I do get what triggered you in her comments though; it felt like a cheap shot at those of us who bought the pack and are enjoying it to me too.
    @elliandre, while I don't disagree with anything you just posted, this is the "Negative thoughts" thread and not the right place to express disagreement with people's negative thoughts. The whole point of having different threads for "negative" and "positive" is so that they don't derail into just back and forth disagreements and arguments.

Besides, Cinebar has had that melancholy, end-of-the world viewpoint regarding the franchise's direction for much, much longer than you have even been on the forums. She isn't going to change her mind any time soon, I don't think.

@Stormkeep Ah, good point, I didn't think of that. I will keep out. Sorry Cinebar.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I'm sure someone posted this somewhere already but two new things have emerged on Sims Twitter. Apparently in the coding of the game:

1/ There was supposed to be an option to have pets as flower pals (there is a mod coming out based on the actual animations).
    2/ Another modder found some hidden coding that was linked to getting blessings from family members.

Honestly just hearing more about this just bums me out. This was a pack with so much potential and apparently even the developers had made this potential....

What on earth happened to this pack?!
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member

@Stormkeep thank you. I must admit I've never ventured into mods before but I feel like I've met my limit for new packs and really want to brave the modding world so this will possibly be my first stop!! 😁😁
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    To me the pack should not been release until the bugs were gone , and the pack was stable.This pack was the most broken pack that was release
    .I am glad for thoes who enjoy the pack, but to me I shouldn't have to use mods to make a pack functional.I do applaud the team for the fixes.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I’m not sure I can applaud them for taking two patches to attempt to fix the pack. This should have never happened let alone take months (or who knows) how long to fix after being released
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2022

I do get what triggered you in her comments though; it felt like a cheap shot at those of us who bought the pack and are enjoying it to me too.

Agreed!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »
    I’m not sure I can applaud them for taking two patches to attempt to fix the pack. This should have never happened let alone take months (or who knows) how long to fix after being released

I agree with you as I see EA/Maxis track record is below average and it does not all relate to Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2022
    I only had to consider if I wanted a product or not before buying it at release back in the day but now I have to consider if the product is even going to work or if it's going to be full of bugs.

I hope that things will improve someday.
    Post edited by logion on
    edited March 2022

We adapt.

One upon the time I used to preorder Expansions. Now I remain offline, read up on patches and new content before going online.

Yeah, I think many of us don't allow the game to be patched if there is news about a patch breaking something else. I know personally for myself there have been some packs I wanted to get but they remain broken and I won't buy them, maybe some day when Maxis patches this game for the last time, maybe by then those bugs in those packs will finally be fixed for good.

ETA: For the record I'm not as melancholy as some think. I bought into TS4 for three years. I made positive threads, I made constructive feedback threads. I even thanked Gurus in threads I created for things I did and do like about TS4. However, as the years go by and I see things like kits instead of major EPs and GPs, or GPs sold as EPs (as many others have expressed) and watched as the quality goes down over long periods of time, I feel the game has run its course, but that doesn't stop me wanting anything else like cars, and freed babies and werewolves. And for the love of gameplay a world editor, I didn't say a CAW. I'm just as invested in this franchise as anyone else, after 21 years of money thrown at Maxis and jumping up and down for elbows and dazzle.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Without Carl's Mod my guests just fell asleep:
    RvEjDMo.png
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
    Diassa wrote: »
    Without Carl's Mod my guests just fell asleep:

At least it's realistic...that's pretty much what I do at wedding ceremonies. Though...I don't make it quite that obvious. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top