Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• callmeTorycallmeTory Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys I just started a Let's Play Sims 4 youtube channel and would love some fellow Simmer support!! I'm going through my favorite challenge right now and documenting every second!

If you guys are creators let me know and I'd love to follow back!!

(torysims (https://youtube.com/channel/UC47LfpURykIxwcH2LqJ12PA))
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,891 Member
    edited January 2022
    dang it im havin' a newbie fit withdrawal, there is a EA product registery key missing apperently prevent the game from starting up. i put in email and psw and nothing lol thank goodness for backups :wink: and the work of the community as always thank you so much !
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    One thing I learned is the debug menu is amazing! I guess I was a little late to start using it as I literally just started and have had this game since release. Also, depending on how you play turn the aging off. I like doing this as it allows me more time to do what I want until I am ready to age up. I also enjoy playing one family at a time and on long setting when I do allow aging. Another faithful tip, remember your roof (lol)! I love to build but this sometimes slips my mind.
  • JuliaG05JuliaG05 Posts: 1 New Member
    I updated my sims game and now ALL my families, saved houses and mods are gone. Can someone help me? Or tell me where to get help? xx
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited January 2022
    JuliaG05 wrote: »
    I updated my sims game and now ALL my families, saved houses and mods are gone. Can someone help me? Or tell me where to get help? xx

Have you already looked if the files are elsewhere on your computer?
  • GilmerSimGilmerSim Posts: 8 New Member
    Good morning! I'm new to posting here. I've only made one post. I need to get my count up in order to make any profile changes, like a photo etc. So, not new to Sims just new to posting here.
    I'm a senior and live in a small town in Texas between Longview and Tyler.
    Today is town day and I'm running a little behind, so gotta go!

-GilmerSim
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Hi and welcome to the forum @GilmerSim :)

• chimibochimibo Posts: 4 New Member
    hi so happy to have finally decided to join the forums usually I'm just around lurking but super excited to be here ♥
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    Welcome @GilmerSim and @chimibo !
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,315 Member
    Hi, can someone help me out please, I didnt know where else to ask. My sim died and became a ghost but i didnt add her to my household. She then called another one of my sims and asked if she should try for a baby and i answered yes. The ghost sim then became pregnant and at some point had a baby because i could see it on the family tree. The baby was human and grew into a human toddler. My issue is that I cant find the toddler and I dont know where they could be. If anyone has any ideas please let me know :)

If You can find em in Edit Town, then place em somewhere in the world and You can vistit em. If You want em to be normal sims, that is possible in different ways. Feed a sim Ambrosia f.ex. or use spell as Spellcaster. Spellcaster may sound like a long process, but I think it is not that bad. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,315 Member
    JuliaG05 wrote: »

After updating your game, You need to activate Mods, as they are turned of by the game during updates. Hopefully your sims and saves will work again. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Boo4RooBoo4Roo Posts: 7 New Member
    How is it I still can't make posts to ask questions on here?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Boo4Roo wrote: »
    How is it I still can't make posts to ask questions on here?
    It's an anti-troll spam measure. You're still a "new member" and you need to be just a "member" to make a new thread. Until then feel free to ask questions here in this thread.

See here for full details on how to get to member status: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • helenmeyerhelenmeyer Posts: 1 New Member
    There's TONS of free content in today's Sims update! <3 https://shrinke.me/mebFXDtS
  • QueenkhadafiQueenkhadafi Posts: 13 New Member
    I've been playing for over 20 years. The first thing I did was build a house. Didn't realize it was going to be so time consuming. Let's just say I came in after taking my kiddo to school and had to be called because i was over 30 minutes late picking her up. I honestly don't remember if there were prebuilt house in the gallery, but I did take advantage of the premade sims.
    Buy game packs when on sale. You save a whole lot of money that way. The more kids I had the more I opened my eyes on how to keep up to date on y expansions and packs.
  • firstrayofsunfirstrayofsun Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 4 Cottage Living - PC

Best buy link of amazon - https://amzn.to/3I20pMk
  • AlexLeeAlexLee Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone, I have been play sims since the sims 1. Before I am more focus on building house, decorate the rooms. But now, I started learning how to write mod! Trying to learn more from the forums.
  • KC_13KC_13 Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there's a way to remove those cards in world mode (when you're choosing what family to play) that say something like "sage estates" with a description on that place in the world? I'm okay with it being a mod, but I'm not finding anything. Maybe I'm not typing in the right words in the search bar?
    I want to make my own personal custom save for myself, but those info cards make it hard for me to do so. Thanks
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    KC_13 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there's a way to remove those cards in world mode (when you're choosing what family to play) that say something like "sage estates" with a description on that place in the world? I'm okay with it being a mod, but I'm not finding anything. Maybe I'm not typing in the right words in the search bar?
    I want to make my own personal custom save for myself, but those info cards make it hard for me to do so. Thanks

Just change the name of the lot in build mode. Anything else can be changed as well in other spots. As for removing them all at once, no idea.
  • vickiesimsvickiesims Posts: 20 Member
    Hello everyone! I have been a longtime lurker but I am trying to be more active and participate in this wonderful community that I have observed for so long. I used to write SimLit a while ago, and I am hoping to get back into it as I have missed it much more than I thought I would.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    vickiesims wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I have been a longtime lurker but I am trying to be more active and participate in this wonderful community that I have observed for so long. I used to write SimLit a while ago, and I am hoping to get back into it as I have missed it much more than I thought I would.

Welcome! <3
  • AvationAvation Posts: 3 New Member
    > @callmeTory said:
    > Hey guys I just started a Let's Play Sims 4 youtube channel and would love some fellow Simmer support!! I'm going through my favorite challenge right now and documenting every second!
    >
    > If you guys are creators let me know and I'd love to follow back!!
    >
    > (torysims (https://youtube.com/channel/UC47LfpURykIxwcH2LqJ12PA))
    >

I've had a look at your channel. Great work! You keep it up :smile:
    Hello. I'm new to the forum but have been playing TS4 regularly for the past 4 years. I'm currently waiting to post a new thread:

I have a piece of custom content I found: Nysha's "Free, No Obligation!" british window set (https://modthesims.info/d/584075/quot-free-no-obligation-quot-window-set.html) and I love it... But... It is for the Sims 2. Is there a way anyone/ me could easily convert it or replicate it to fit with the new Sims 4. Course, my game crashes with it now.

Also, the website above linked is >not< the one I desire the CC file to be from. This is: http://simfil.es/2683706/
    It is the clear glass edit.

Thank you!
    > @KC_13 said:
    > I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there's a way to remove those cards in world mode (when you're choosing what family to play) that say something like "sage estates" with a description on that place in the world? I'm okay with it being a mod, but I'm not finding anything. Maybe I'm not typing in the right words in the search bar?
    > I want to make my own personal custom save for myself, but those info cards make it hard for me to do so. Thanks

Not that I know of unfortunately. What' made you want to do this if you don't mind me asking..?
  • Namid020Namid020 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone i am a new simmer but i found that mods really enhance my gameplay, otherwise it would be too boring for me ahaha. I watched this video for some references on mods and helped me out since a lot of mods listed are not talked about a lot but i find really useful http://fumacrom.com/3w7cY
    Any other suggestions are welcomed, thank you :)