Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

Comments

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    Other games give a competent experience, but Sims 4 just fails hard. They've done nothing to redeem the many failures on pretty much every front. There are still no sincere signs that they are ever going to make it right, and I've come to regret every penny that I've ever spent on this franchise.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    Overall, I am honestly happy, but I have a few specific gripes. The main one is that when they add new systems that change the way the game functions, they don't always give us a way to turn them completely off. This really bothers me. Especially when the new system is added to the base game.

I usually wait 6 months to a year before buying new packs. Mostly because I am a cheapskate, so I always wait for the lowest discount sales. This is because I am an incurable miser, not because I think the price is necessarily too high for the value I get from it.

But waiting that long has had an unintended benefit. I'm well aware that Sims 4 packs tend to have a lot of bugs when they are first released. I think this is a bad way for them to be released, but I also think the best response to that is don't buy the pack until they fix most of the problems. As a result of the fact that I wait so long before buying, I think I have had a much less of a buggy experience than a lot of players.

I do use mods, but most of them are just so I can do something differently than the way the game was designed. This has never bothered me. I don't really like games, in general. I don't like rules or goals or restrictions or random challenges that someone else decided to put there. Most computer games bore me after a relatively short time. But I like sims 3 and 4, and I've put in thousands of hours on each of them, because with the use of some mods, I can turn them into a box of toys I can be creative with instead. I realize this isn't what a lot of players want, and I've always been fairly content to use mods to do what I want to do, because I assume I am in the minority on this issue.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited March 2022
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    It seems like the last few years have been decreasing in quantity in general, and also with what I'd personally like to see. I know the pandemic may have brought about some of that, so I don't know how much to attribute to the game's life cycle alone. I've bought a lot of content, but find myself less happy about with, with the except of Cottage Living which I think was great. I thought I'd love Snowy Escape but I barely play with anything in, or build with anything in it. But even pre-pandemic Island Living was the start of all of this for me and that's been nearly 3 years ago. University was alright and Eco Lifestyle is also not something i use a lot of. It just seems though that the last year has been really dull excepting Cottage Living.

I'm ready for hotels. I'm ready for body hair. I'm ready for Werewolves and to a less extent Medieval stuff....otherwise I just don't care anymore.

Edit - I think I really should add though, about in that same time period, there's been a lot of things weighing on me, both with the pandemic (which has been a huge issue for many people) and in my personal life. My lack of interest/motivation may be attributed to that as much as with the Sims itself.

Also, not to get off topic, but Planet Zoo has taken up almost all of my gaming runs in the last 2+ year, so there's also that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited March 2022
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    deleted
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    For a game I have loved forever its truly sad to be disappointed pack after pack even when it's something I actually want they somehow manage to mess it up and dumb down the feature be it retail (no cash register clothing racks or changing rooms) restaurants (can't play as waiter chef or hostess can't hire family members) everything is so basic and has no depth to it. It's sad the Sims themselves are a part of this where's my smart Sims I was told about. But most importantly where's my sandbox in a game that use to be sandbox they limit everything and could not even bother adding a CAW and limit us with their small ugly worlds and use them as a selling point instead of real features and game play I don't want their worlds I want my own.

The Sims team have proven they do not care if sell us broken content everyone knew My Wedding Stories was a complete mess every single game changer everyone who watched the dumpster fire live steam of it, and they still released it broken.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member

This is mostly for Sims 4 and no attraction system in Wedding Stories and just the large amounts of bugs that never get corrected. The sad part is I just found a mod that adds a type of attraction system and it is free. I am starting to think EA just needs to start paying the modders.

I loved every version until Sims 4. Now I just pray for Sims 5. I have high high hopes! Cue the music. I know it will start back at base game but just like when all the other iterations came out before Sims 4, I will start the game and add on to the story with each new pack. I have hardly been able to keep a family going beyond 3 generations with Sims 4.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    I've definitely had fun with Sims 4 but I always kinda find myself struggling to want to continue playing. Most packs are still hollow shades of previous iterations and the few new/unique ones are just as barebones, and some are just plain broken (the new MWS and, from what I hear anyways, Dine Out).

If they're going to continue to release half-baked, buggy and shallow content for the rest of Sims 4's lifespan I do not have much hope for Sims 5's content.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    My morale was rock bottom nearly 10 years ago with all the issues present in TS3, especially late in it's life span where you couldn't even play with all of the packs you owned enabled at the same time and their money-milk-machine that is the Sims Storefront.

Now I just don't really care regardless of what happens, or doesn't. I keep buying and playing the games and packs in the franchise because there's no competition for this particular genre and TS4, even with the miss-steps, is a superior game for my playstyle than TS3 was (though I do still play that on occasion as well).

I didn't vote because there was no option for "meh, whatever. I still play and enjoy the games despite my feelings about EA and how they handle the franchise." I wouldn't play it without mods, and that's been true for the franchise as a whole since TS2.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Honestly? When I look back to my days on the PS2 playing the Sims, I think nothing but amazing times, stories and fun! Even the Sims 2, all good times and memories. Sims 3, same thing, thinking back to builds and werewolf clans taking over towns etc! Sure I do remember the lag of the open world, but for what it was, the content was GREAT, I was always excited for a new pack and had it release day without a DOUBT. I never questioned it. I've all the game DVDs still and they're some great memories and times.

When I think of the Sims 4, sure I think of some good times, but also a lot of frustrations. Small things, large things, let downs time and time again. I never buy a pack now on release day, I ALWAYS wait for reviews and to see how many bugs are released on launch day. I'm never disappointed with my decision to wait for a sale and several bug fixes. Even then, game packs like Dine Out, have been broken FOREVER! Small things like just allowing a sim to be their own chef or own host, waiter etc. The animations are all there, so why can't it work. Just small things. It shouldn't take 12 hours to eat a meal at a restaurant, but it does.

Morale is very low, rock bottom for me and I'm nearing my 30s and been playing near two decades of the sims games. Its definitely sad.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2022
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    My morale hit rock bottom around Batuu. I am neutral now. The Sims as a concept is still a game made for me, but the recent content sure isn't. I am keeping up with it because I don't abhor it, but I am numb and have no reason to play over other games until there is something for me dropped. Plus, y'know, some bug fixes.

Edit: Plus Cottage Living is my beloved. I wish 3 got a full pack like that (and 2 and 1 while I am at it). I cannot hate 4 now.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I still very much enjoy playing the game, and hope to continue for years to come. I've bought almost every pack.

But I admit I'm a bit disappointed at some glitches in my game that have appeared since I installed Eco Lifestyle.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I still play TS4, but on an installation that ends with University and does not have Seasons, and assorted smaller things. It also has mods to correct issues and enhance gameplay (3 cheers for MCCC!) and a well supplied CC stash. I do have, on another and newer machine, a fuller installation up through Cottage Living, but rarely play it. Too many bugs and glitches, too much frustration, too many dumb/lazy programming choices that make no sense and spoil the enjoyment.

I also have TS2 on two machines, still play and enjoy it, and still think it is the best of the bunch. Certainly not perfect, but obviously made with love and attention to detail, even the small things. It's the type of game the Sims should be.

I was hoping before it launched that TS4 would be the best of 2 & 3 combined, updated for the current level of tech, and going on to new heights of simming bliss. Was I ever wrong!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I am feeling kind of 'meh' right now, because I feel that the Sims 4 is being kind of forced to release packs that aren't fully ready, or kits.
    I like the little things we have been getting, like hairstyles, and new clothes, but feel that for every bug that seems to be fixed it undoes another thing that has been fixed.
    Also, really want more occult-type things, but those type of things seem to be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to what has been coming out.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    So i'm torn between meh and low morale. Sims 4 can be fun, however their recent bug i got annoyed me alot, and simple sims should be able to get married without any bugs. But anyways. i've been playing the sims 2 because it is my favorite game. Tell you why: because of the stories that i am able to make, the sims selection, the interactions with others. For instance, i just got back from playing a sim who is married now but had 3 loves at once- one of her lovers was mad at her and kept knocking over her garbage lol. and invited himself over as well. College is fun, and not too overwhelming- maybe a little easy, but not everyone likes realism. Although, sims 4 university is fun- and challenging. Because this isn't TS2, or TS3, as far as all the add ons (EPS/SPS/Packs!) it seems that it is missing something. i also always feel i have to buy all of the games to enjoy the game to its full capacity- like i have all of TS2 Eps/SPS and they help add on things with each expansion. Sims 4 seems a little incomplete as far as that goes. Also, well-- instead of sims being on their phone, i like that they play with a toy (if you have high logic in TS2!)
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    I'm neutral with the franchise. While there are many concerns with the current game, it's a non issue for me since I play exclusively with the Sims 3. While I'm not directly affected by the bugs within the Sims 4, I have seen many people point out and offer criticisms for the way EA has been handling them. From what I've seen, it's not that great, but again I play an older title so I'm not a part of the Sims 4 player base.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2022
    I feel better with the Neighborhood stories. This was important, and they nailed it. It will be great once they add relationship changes and marriage.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    If this question was asked to me 2 years ago I would say I’m satisfied with the game. Now with the exception of cottage living any dlc seems broken and the patches for me are not what I would like. I still love the game as it suits my gameplay the most compared to other sims games but now there are so many bugs it’s hard to ignore hence why I’m more neutral about sims 4
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited March 2022
    Not very good.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I’m still enjoying playing out stories with the Sims but disappointed in how some packs have been handled and that the new worlds lack any reasons to explore.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2022
    I know this is a low point for some people right now, so I wanted to take a quick temperature reading on how everyone is feeling in general.

This is NOT about how you feel specifically about My Wedding Stories. I mean your satisfaction with EA and the state of The Sims franchise.

Playing the Sims is just something that I do as a means of escaping boredom or other stuff that is going on in life. Although I have other hobbies that take me away from my computer, the Sims is something along the lines of a comfort blanket. Which probably sounds a bit sad given my age, but I played it since it first came out and I've grown up with it. It's something that I know I can rely on. That being said, there's definitely things that could be improved in game. I play with mods and CC and without the Slice of Life mod; my game doesn't really feel the same. These basic interactions should already be included in the base game itself (more interactions with the phone/health interactions). If someone who doesn't work for EA can create these interactions (that actually adds in more gameplay and makes the game more realistic), then it should be easy for the company to include in-game.

Also; I don't yet have all the expansion packs or add ons. I've always played on earlier versions of the game so the Sims 4 is still quite new to me. It seems to be that some games seem to be broken/laggy. That should really be worked on before releasing any kits/packs, as I for one won't be buying them until they are sorted. That for me is where EA/Maxis falls short.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Every time I boot the game it's almost guaranteed I laugh at least once and I have an amazing time. So...🤷

I understand this community's concerns however. It's really baffling how My Wedding Stories released in that terrible state.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    My morale was rock bottom nearly 10 years ago with all the issues present in TS3, especially late in it's life span where you couldn't even play with all of the packs you owned enabled at the same time and their money-milk-machine that is the Sims Storefront.

Now I just don't really care regardless of what happens, or doesn't. I keep buying and playing the games and packs in the franchise because there's no competition for this particular genre and TS4, even with the miss-steps, is a superior game for my playstyle than TS3 was (though I do still play that on occasion as well).

I didn't vote because there was no option for "meh, whatever. I still play and enjoy the games despite my feelings about EA and how they handle the franchise." I wouldn't play it without mods, and that's been true for the franchise as a whole since TS2.

And this is how they win.They have no competition so we buy pack.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My morale is low. Still no new Sims game :cry:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I think they should forget about sims 5 and keep sims 4 running, with a more permanent crew so theres continuity.

What if EA/Maxis kept Sims 1 going on forever? Nobody would have aging or toddlers.

What if EA/Maxis kept Sims 2 going on forever and ever? Nobody would have open world or Create-a-Style.

What if EA/Maxis kept Sims 3 going no forever and ever? You would not of gotten to enjoy the experience of Sims 4.

And just imagine how buggy and unplayable Sims 4 will become if it keeps going on forever and ever. Just imagine how many people will stop supporting Sims 4 and move on to Paralives. Sims 4 was built on an engine that was never meant to last very long-just look at all the bugs,glitches and issues that pile up on a daily basis..look at all the complaints piling up with those bugs and glitches.

It's time for EA/Maxis to end Sims 4 and move on to Sims 5. You can still enjoy Sims 4 even after Sims 5 comes out. Who knows-you'll never find out what Sims 5 is going to be like if you keep wanting Sims 4 to never end. Who knows-Sims 5 may just have things like cars,free babies,Create-a-World and other great things that the Sims 4 weak engine cannot handle.

Why do you hide inside these walls?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top