Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding old food in fridge at rental lots

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
It feels totally weird when my sim goes on vacation and in the fridge there are leftover food cooked by a previous guest. One thing is that someone should have cleaned out any leftovers before the next renter arrives, but it's even weirder to find leftovers cooked by a sim who died a generation ago. Still sparkling fresh and tasty.

Is this an overseen glitch that could be easily fixed?

It used to be a thing limited to Granite Falls and Selvadorada, but now that we can have rental lots in most worlds, I think this glitch should be addressed.

Assuming this happens not only in my game?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Tell your sims to clean out the fridge before they leave the rental lot! We always have to at the end of a rl vacation :grin:
    gen3-banner.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    :)

Easier said than done, though. My sim might be at a Museum when the popup says the vacation is over and you have to leave this very second or stay another 24 hrs. I never had that in RL :)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    This is a 'glitch' I am not concerned about. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I have the fresh chef trait on a lot of my sims, so left overs from the last people who rented a place just means food that is ready to eat for the new renters.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    That always happens in my game. Sometimes it benefits me so I have never looked for a fix. But yeah it is weird.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    It feels totally weird when my sim goes on vacation and in the fridge there are leftover food cooked by a previous guest. One thing is that someone should have cleaned out any leftovers before the next renter arrives, but it's even weirder to find leftovers cooked by a sim who died a generation ago. Still sparkling fresh and tasty.

Is this an overseen glitch that could be easily fixed?

It used to be a thing limited to Granite Falls and Selvadorada, but now that we can have rental lots in most worlds, I think this glitch should be addressed.

Assuming this happens not only in my game?

If it is still sparkling fresh and tasty, what's the matter? Don't your sims like free food? It's not like it's spoiled or poor quality or something like that.
    edited March 2022
    It's just a bit strange if that food was cooked by your granny who died 30 years ago. If it was cooked last week by another renter - no big deal. It should not be very hard for EA to "reset" a fridge when your vacation starts.

Well, I'll just stop checking who was the cook, and either clean the fridge or eat free food in silence :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    This is disgusting and it reminds me of my vacation when we were in a tiny little cottage (Outdoor retreat like) and there were old mustards, ketchups and similar in the fridge and then also some old flours and other stuff the previous people left there. I don't know why people do this and I don't know why the owners don't throw it out. I would never use it. It makes me gag. Eww. That's why I always empty the fridge when I go on a vacation with my sims.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    It's just a bit strange if that food was cooked by your granny who died 30 years ago. If it was cooked last week by another renter - no big deal. It should not be very hard for EA to "reset" a fridge when your vacation starts.

Well, I'll just stop checking who was the cook, and either clean the fridge or eat free food in silence :)

That's complimentary free food from your host. They figured you would arrive late at night and be hungry.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    This is disgusting and it reminds me of my vacation when we were in a tiny little cottage (Outdoor retreat like) and there were old mustards, ketchups and similar in the fridge and then also some old flours and other stuff the previous people left there. I don't know why people do this and I don't know why the owners don't throw it out. I would never use it. It makes me gag. Eww. That's why I always empty the fridge when I go on a vacation with my sims.
    I would probably just use the ketchup, flours etc.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I have no problem with it. Free food, yum! Sometimes I'll download a house off the gallery with food in it and I just laugh. Full disclosure: if you download one of my houses it will probably have food in the fridge. Hey, that's proof it was play tested, right? ;) If Sim 4 didn't automatically make beds, all my houses would have unmade beds, too. B)
  • ZestyLemonLionZestyLemonLion Posts: 21 Member
    With the 4 years I've been playing the sims I have never had this problem before. But I believe you can get mods on the MCC Command Center for room service or something to help with that issue if its a normal thing occurring in the game that some of us probably haven't noticed before.
  • EtherealEvolutionEtherealEvolution Posts: 1 New Member
    Free food! Yum, lol
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I've never had this happen when my sims go on vacation, and I'm disappointed. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • AlexLeeAlexLee Posts: 16 Member
    haha, the landlord should charge them cleaning fee & service fee.
    I must add a funny thing not about food, but related to finding something that your long-gone-granny left behind.

A household I played had again reached a new generation, a new couple had married and of course they had their first child. I looked into their household inventory to get a few toddler objects. Then - I found an old toddler potty used by at least 2 generations previously. And - to my surprise it was not cleaned, so they had actually stored last generation's old poo for about 30 years :) I felt like placing the entire potty on a glass covered display table, without cleaning it of course. Praise the family history! LOL. Yes, it got cleaned, but with mixed feelings as I think the last person to use that potty was actually dead a few years earlier.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Simmerville i wonder if it would’ve fit in one of the museum displays from Jungle Adventure? 🤣😂🤣
    @Simmerville i wonder if it would’ve fit in one of the museum displays from Jungle Adventure? 🤣😂🤣

I don't think the potty can be placed on a surface at all. But in case you find something similar that deserves exhibiting, TheJim07 at modthesims converted some of the ts3 displays. I use them in several houses, but never tried the potty thing, LOL.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I play rotational so my sims always leave food not only at rental but at other lots. This has been going on for years and I love it! So pleaso do not ask for a "fix"! :p

Some of my sims love to leave "special" ice cream so I can be surprised later when other sims turn green or are haunted lol >:)

My kids club love this also, when they are hanging at the park there is always good food for them o:)
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I hope they don't fix this, I kind of like it, especially if I haven't been in that rental for a long time.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I hear you on that! Haha! That's real life. Sims 4 though is an imaginary game.

I would say you wouldn't believe the old 'food' I've found in a cottage, lodge, cabin, (even motel and hotel rooms) etc... but from what you said here, you probably would. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png