Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 6
    rIFMWPZ.png
    "Are you ready, Aaron?" Grace asked as Aaron followed her to the dueling grounds.
    D6nlhRo.png

"Uhhh... no?" It was his first ever spellcasting duel, and he wasn't sure what to expect but it was probably a big deal from the way the Realm had a whole place set up specifically for them.
    "Well, you'd better be, because we're at the dueling grounds." She gave him an encouraging grin, but there was a slightly mischievous glint in her eyes that made him glad she was a friend and not an enemy. He wondered if this was her revenge for his assumption that she and Audax were together. They passed through a portal identical to the one leading the the Realm itself, onto an expanse of cobblestone ringed by hedges and benches for spectators, though at present there were none. It was just him and Grace, and the wide expanse of the Realm's sky...

"Give me everything you've got," he said boldly, and she laughed.
    "Did you forget I have years of experience on you, boy?"
    "I, uh..."
    "Ready? For real this time."
    "Yes!"
    "Good. Then let's begin..."
    rPzkGPm.png

It started off so well for him - he got a pretty good hit in, but she quickly recovered.
    3pj8QTH.png

"Come on!" he grunted, feeling the strain her magic was putting on his as they fought for dominance. (okay that sounds worse than I intended HAHA)
    WspB757.png
    eKV1lD4.png

"Concentrate!" she yelled back as a bolt of magic hit him squarely in the chest.
    "Oof!"
    rPARF8n.png

It all happened so fast - he overbalanced and fell backwards, staring up at the sky. The sky was beautiful though, so it wasn't that bad...
    lrht4wP.png

He was not prepared for how he rose into the air and was slammed flat on the hard ground, completely winded. Was his cheek grazed?
    I0NOepv.png
    lq2RuL2.png
    fqXiCBb.png

"Grace!" he wheezed. That was painful. He'd be picking bits of stone out of his cheek for a week, he just knew it.
    "You let your guard down," she said simply, walking over to him and extending her hand. "You did well though... for a novice."
    He accepted the hand and stood, glaring at her for a second and then smiling himself. "I have a lot to learn, don't I..."
    0Qk1KOH.png

He decided to go find one of the sages and ask for some training. He found Simeon. It was interesting - none of the three sages had asked him how he'd found the Realm like Marco had. Maybe they knew something...
    wOtdg1r.png

"Ah, our newest recruit!"
    "Hello again, Simeon. May I have some training?"
    "Yes, of course, it's what we're here for, after all."
    NHTDU79.png

Next to them, another teen spellcaster (a game generated townie, NOT one of mine) was busy challenging Grace to a duel... and winning.
    zR4pJhO.png

"Really?"
    ShmroD3.png

Back home from the Realm, Aaron and Hunter relaxed on the bed to watch the season premiere of a TV show.
    Itxqbxy.png

And then they had a visitor.
    z3ppcKI.png

"Hey, Melissa," Aaron said, giving her a hug. "Thank you again for bringing our important stuff over..." Hunter had asked the Thebe siblings to go into the house he and Aaron had abandoned and bring some of their things, like Aaron's paintings and laptop, after Aaron had recovered and they had arranged to rent the house that Malachi had mentioned.
    yq9DJYh.png

"It's no problem at all," she smiled. "How are you holding up? From what Hunter said, it was pretty bad..."
    YStditV.png
    "I'm doing pretty well actually, being a spellcaster has given me a whole new lease on life... it's incredible."

While she went inside to catch up with Hunter, Aaron continued to practice his magic and learnt a new spell.
    14ozsHZ.png

(OMG this girl is such a nerd)
    vfwqjFZ.png

Hunter took Yoshi for a jog as the night got darker.
    eD9SV4W.png

And Melissa got a text, which was her cue to leave.
    ESkZB48.png
    (maybe it's from her girlfriend ;) Oh also I will be taking the current challenge sims in Glimmerbrook (those being Cale, Robin and Adam who are in Glimmerbrook in their games of origin) to the Realm to get turned into spellcasters soon. They all live together (plus Pepper) on the biggest lot in Glimmerbrook after I evicted the Charms. I made the decision to not move all of the challenge sims here because Glimmerbrook has so few lots, and three of those lots are for my sims, one lot is for the bar, and the last lot is for these three, to be joined by DJ and Velma when they get their makeovers and move :) I want Aaron to meet them and fight them in the Realm haha)

Meanwhile in San Myshuno...
    Aster returned home from her date with Cale and immediately felt tense again, unready to face her parents and tell them they were going to be grandparents.
    D7Maj4G.png
    (The child in the background is her little brother Stellan who I haven't introduced yet lol. Also I have eco effects turned off but look at all this smog!)

She slumped down on the couch across from her mother, who was working on a commission for her job. She couldn't hide this forever...
    PiZ41zK.png

"Hey, love," Regan said with a smile as she stood to sit next to Aster. "How was school?"
    Hah, that was funny. Aster had skipped school to go to Windenburg to see Cale... She scowled instead of answering.
    91SGrUP.png

"Aster, if something's bothering you, you can tell me, alright?" A pause, that Aster did not dare to fill with her news. "Is it about Cale?" Argh.
    "Um, in a way... yes?" Oh, no. She'd said too much, there was no way her mother wouldn't guess what was up now... "Do you love me, mum?"
    "Aster... of course I love you, you're my wonderful, creative daughter, my firstborn..."
    GjrnqI9.png

Aster allowed her mother to pull her into a loving, tight hug then. She tried to swallow back the nausea as her mother wrapped her arms around her.
    kjjopd3.png

Okay. Just freaking get it out.
    "Would... would you still love me if..." The tears were threatening to make a reappearance. No. She couldn't cry again. A sob escaped her throat. No! Not now!
    "Shhh, sweetie, you're okay," Regan murmured. "Tell me when you're ready, alright?"
    They stood in silence for what felt like forever before Aster finally blurted out, "I'm pregnant."
    "Why did you ever think I wouldn't love you because of that?" Now her mother's voice was shaking too and the dam broke. Aster cried for the second time that day and she was just so exhausted, so sick of it...
    "And I want to keep the baby," she hastily added through her tears.
    "And that's your choice, my little star," Regan whispered.
    "Will you help?"
    "Oh, baby, yes, no question at all about that."
    "And you're not angry?"
    "No." Oh, that was a relief... Aster felt the tension leave her shoulders. "Go get some rest, my sweet, you look exhausted."
    "I love you, mama." As she was about to leave the comfort of her mother's arms for the comfort of her bed, she had another thought. "Can you tell mother for me? When she gets home from work? I don't know if I can handle crying this much again..."
    "Yes, I'll tell her. But I can't be held responsible if she finds Cale and uses her simray on him."
    "And please don't be mean to Cale, either. He... he wants this baby as much as I do... and... I think I love him."
    "Even after he looked at those other girls?"
    "Mum..."
    "I'm sorry, love." She patted Aster's back one final time. "I'll have a few words with him if he shows up, but - and I'm sure Blue would agree with me on this - we will support you 100%. I'm going to be a grandma..." She said the final sentence as if she was just realising it herself and blinked a few times. "What are you doing still standing there?" she said to Aster, who was smiling through her tears. "Go get some proper sleep, young lady."
    (I don't care if Regan was too accepting (especially considering that Aster is still a teen), I still almost made myself cry while writing this dialogue lol)

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    March 6

ZlRkpVW.jpg
    Later that evening, Robin and Cale went over to visit Posey.
    rbspiDY.jpg

Robin, much like her mother, is distracted anytime a cute animal comes into sight. This is Posey's cat, Cornelius.
    Vo8e6EH.jpg

Cale, as we know, is distracted anytime a cute girl comes into sight ;)
    LV54156.jpg

She seems quite charmed by his flirtations.
    ZlN2ujJ.jpg

Robin walked into the room and couldn't help but to feel her heart drop. She told herself she was being silly - of course she should be happy that Cale and Posey were hitting it off so well, but a part of her had hoped that perhaps she could have had a chance with Posey. She quickly composed herself though. She had no right to feel upset.
    B2fgzfz.jpg

They parted ways, when Carrie, Rose's wife, offered to help her improve her magical skills as well.
    16AptCg.png

Rose and Darrel were already dueling, so they watched them for a moment.
    eXc6GgQ.jpg

But soon they began their duel as well.
    6vmdiV7.jpg

I thought Robin might have a chance this time...
    8XooW67.jpg

But Carrie pulled through in the end.
    Qwu5JkY.jpg

Meanwhile, I noticed that both these two had tagged along to the Realm as well, so I decided to work a bit of magic for them ;)
    wNB5NsK.jpg
    6tfNTWn.jpg

"Oof, sorry guys," said Simon, who was known to be quite clumsy and accident prone. "I'm not very good at landings yet. I'll just leave you to it..."
    bcEjTVK.jpg
    ReNABah.jpg
    IonWuGt.jpg

I don't think these two even registered his presence :)
    YCWFgYz.jpg

Also since this is my first time properly playing this pack, I can't help but to take a million screenshots, so enjoy these scenic views :)
    TeWW96j.jpg
    D6262dU.jpg
    X98UMr0.jpg

Back at home, Cale was practically glowing after his night with Posey. He couldn't help but to gush, and Robin put on a brave face and offered her best friend her support.
    PA0zfWB.jpg

"I actually got you a little something in Casters Alley this evening," she told him, gifting him the wand she found at one of the shops.
    bv8zpVM.png

"I got you something too," Cale told her with a grin. "I know you already have a familiar, but L. mentioned you can have more than one, and I know how much you love little critters, so I picked this little guy up for you."
    PIahZBx.png

Meet Blaze. Thanks to @afai1261 I now know a bit more of what familiars actually do :)
    Um1xl8z.jpg
    I was fully intending to comment on everything after I put up my update, but actually writing it took longer than anticipated and it is now 2am again (actually closer to 2:30 now) so here are comments for one of everyone's posts that I missed lol. I'll get to the others if I have a free moment later today but I have lectures to watch and other things to deal with so we'll see. I hope I can do them all though :)

@Karababy52
    Mar 4: And now Cale meets the father of one of the girls he's been with! ;) Plus he's friends with Morgyn's son which is cool!
    Hahaha imagine if Cale did Inferniate Morgyn though :joy:
    Love the fake Latin for the spell too :D
    Cale looks wonderful at the cauldron :love:
    Oooh I didn't know that about ingredient quality affecting potion quality and thus how long the potion lasts! Thank you!
    Yes Cale does look very happy practicing magic! He's found his calling ;)
    Aaron hasn't even visited Caster's Alley yet haha. Congrats to Cale for not falling off his broom :D
    Aww is he asking L for advice about Alessandra? Ah yep no surprises there haha
    Everything about this conversation is SO good! Kudos to you!

I'll comment on your March 5 when I'm not about to pass out as I am right now lol

@permanentrose
    Mar 5: Robin and Cale look so good dueling!
    I always forget that wands are actually a thing, I don't know if Aaron will ever get a wand in my game HAHA
    Brutal Cale! It always looks like it hurts so much when they go smack on the ground!
    Look at Pepper, so protective! She's a good girl!
    Love seeing Robin train with Rose!

And like I said with Kara above I'll comment on your March 6 later, I do have to say that Blaze is very cute (the only orb familiar that my spellcasters have ever had is the raven, all my other spellcasters have dogs) Oh and poor Robin with her feelings for Posey... but Cale was faster...

@RememberJoy
    Mar 5: Ah, Guidry... the man never shuts up LOL
    Congrats Adam, you didn't fall off your broom!
    Very nice makeover of L. Now I guess I have to give her a makeover in my game :joy:
    Attack of the clones! Now there are two of them in one yoga class!

@Shadami
    Feb 19: Aww DJ giving her a kiss... There is a possibility he's the dad, right? Did she woohoo with him in her juiced rampage?
    Oh also yes I think Selena definitely does have a crush on Velma lol
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @afai1261
    if I remember correctly it was during hangover after when he came to talk to her after getting jealous at the club.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 6th: Moving up the ranks

Today's Accomplishments:
    Win three duels
    Reach level three, Adapt
    Know 10 different spells

jxeETEB.png
    I started the day with another duel, this time with a spellcaster named Grace.
    oZxIvlj.png
    Still feeling fairly charged, I beat her easily enough and she gave me a spell to make others angry, sigh.
    2tXY3zE.png
    Well, feeling too charged from our battle to attempt anything more magical, I took a quick nap and called together a yoga class. I was able to draw in six students, and even managed to earn a tip!
    lqpQ22n.png
    I found Simeon and asked if he'd be willing to give me some training in Practical Magic, which he (happily?) did.
    HESDkgt.png
    L wandered over and started to give me tips as well, and soon I was in another lesson focused on Mischief Magic.
    2qiMVpO.png
    I returned to the yoga room to find some solitude so that I may continue to practice what I'd just learned.
    WcgcLiI.png
    I played around with some of L's techniques, and discovered a spell to electrocute sims. I know just the ones to practice that one on! Feeling pretty good, I went in search of another spellcaster to sharpen my dueling skills with and found Darrel, Emilia's fiance. I asked if he'd be willing to duel and he accepted my offer.
    aNAvAV5.png
    I knew I was in trouble the moment we began, and I quickly found myself flipping head-over-heals and smacking face first on the floor. Ouch.
    CE5jqzz.png
    Once again I felt an inner rage over losing, and I quickly excused myself to go outside for some fresh air.
    PNurxQH.png
    I took a few deep breathes, and decided to call it a night and go home to sleep. These fits of rage where beginning to concern me, perhaps magic didn't agree with me after all. For now I just needed to be alone, so I picked up my stirring paddle and began to experiment at the cauldron.
    sdTxmLZ.png
    It was very relaxing, and I could feel the anger slowly melting away, but it was short lived. The lights began to flicker and I was reminded I was never really alone in this house, even when Guidry didn't show up. I took a break from the cauldron, and focused on my Practical Magic until I'd unlocked a spell for repairing things.
    PBntImO.png
    Now this one I liked. At this point I was absolutely exhausted, so I dragged myself upstairs and fell into bed.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    March - Day 6: "You get a hug and you get a hug, everyone gets a hug!"

N9gCtgl.png

Notes
    rQDzrJU.png
    "Oh this is going to be so good. You're going down Cale!"
    (Gawd, don't say stuff like that!)
    She doesn't know any better Cale.
    (I need to concentrate and then she says that? All I can think about is...)
    FOCUS Cale!

Dfe9oLZ.png
    Too late...
    "Come on Cale, you can do better than that. I know you can. Come and get me, I DARE you!"

POEgBhl.png
    "Okay Baby, you asked for it. I'm gonna give it to you good!"
    (Baby? I hope she didn't catch that.)
    "Ooo, yeah, that's the way Cale! Come on, give me your best shot, you can do it!"
    (Is this practice or foreplay? Gawd!)

3v8PGyV.png
    "Here it comes! Take that!"
    "Ahhhh! Yes! That's what I want!"

kRqrdSJ.png
    "Feel my power, and..."

MaNfiuB.png
    "KNOW THAT YOU ARE..."

gu26oFt.png
    "MINE!"

MJV1IRJ.png
    "WOW Cale! You're getting so good at this. That was incredible!"
    "I didn't hurt you did I? I think I got a little carried away."

if6KFrx.png
    "Nah, I'm good, you did exactly what you were supposed to do in a duel, show your strength and power."
    "Okay, cool."

L5uOCFI.png
    "Kudos to you Cale, I think you're a natural. I'm loving this! It was fun! We should do it together more often."
    (Oh Gawd...)

pR8ctbU.png
    "So am I, loving this. I'd love to do it, this with you again. I thought you had me there at first."

2iWN93Y.png
    "I almost did have you, but then you took control and overpowered me. That's a good thing. Keep practicing and you'll be a Master at this before you know it."

LxRKu0l.png
    "Would you like to do it again? Practice some more?"
    "You...want to do it again? So soon?"

fLyWavh.png
    "Ohhh yeahhh, I'm always up for more. I mean, if you can take it. It's cool if you want to wait. I did hit you pretty hard."
    "hehe You are so eager for this, I love it! Normally I would, but we probably should wait awhile. We could get overcharged and maybe cursed. I have to go meet my Mom anyway, remember? L. gave me tomorrow off too though, we could practice some more then if you like, sound good?"
    "Sounds great, it's a date!"
    (Date? Dangit, why'd I say that?)
    "Maybe we could do some other stuff too. I mean, you should relax on your day off, right? Maybe we could go fishing or HEY! I know, would you like to go rock climbing or something? We never did get a chance to do that together."
    "Sure we could do something like that too. We can decide tomorrow, I really have to go now though. Bye Cale, this was fun!"
    "Cool, okay, I'll call you then. I had fun too! Bye Alessandra."
    "Cale?"
    "Yeah?"
    "You can call me Sandy if you want to. Much easier than my full name. That's what my friends call me. See ya!"
    "Bye Ales-- I mean, Bye Sandy!"
    (Sandy. Why does that sound so sexy to me?)

U2h3aC7.png
    Cale went back to HQ to see if he could find more tomes to study, practice some spells or maybe experiment on a cauldron. But he was too full of adrenaline to concentrate on anything after spending time with Alessandra. Maybe it wasn't the wisest decision, but all he wanted to do was duel again. Maybe that would expend some of this abundant energy he had. L. had some time between classes and agreed to a friendly duel with him.

G2OrBN2.png
    He should've known L. would easily beat him. Too bad, L. always gives the best, rarest wands when you can manage to beat her. Hopefully one day he'll beat Morgyn too, he always gives rocket brooms! All he got was a mop from Simeon when he defeated him.

OH! By the way, he dueled Alessandra for knowledge and learned the Curse Cleansing spell at least. That was a BIG plus! He'd ended up buying a potion from the Rewards store to get rid of the Unwarranted Hostility curse. I forgot Sims could get that for 500 points. I'm glad he could or he'd probably end up getting knocked around in the Realm today. Although since he's got the Mean and Hot Headed traits, he might've actually enjoyed fighting with everyone. hehe

Sfp6f4J.png
    Cale was going to hang up his wand for the day, in duels at least, but Simeon challenged him and he just couldn't say no to a Sage. I think Simeon wanted another chance to show that Cale beating him the first time had to be a fluke. He was the powerful Sage of Practical Magic afterall. It had to be embarrassing being defeated by such a noob as Cale was at the time.

2ONoXXa.png
    Cale should've politely declined and now he would pay the price.

vQ4uiHr.png
    He got another curse. This time the curse of Awkward Embraces. Who's ready to have the stuffin's hugged out of them? Doesn't matter if they're ready or not, they're getting a hug from Cale. Awww, how sweet eh? I actually kind of like this 'curse.' hehe
    (Ugh! What? Come on Watcher. I like hugs, but not from everybody.)

CJNPv57.png
    Are you sure about that Cale. hehe
    "Come here big guy, gimme a hug!"
    Big guy?
    (Gah! I can't control it, I need it, I want it! Hugs, hugs, hugs for everyone!)
    (...help me...)
    Go sit down and read that tome you found! Maybe it's all the distraction you need.
    (Good idea!)

sI4S3t2.png
    He couldn't concentrate though. All Cale could think about was hugging everyone. Especially Alessandra.
    (Sandy...I am so going to give her lots of hugs tomorrow.)
    Okay, this isn't working, let's go home Cale. Nobody to hug there except yourself.

jQYihs0.png
    Cale went home and did some experimenting on the cauldron. I'm glad he was able to concentrate on that at least. While doing that, he discovered how to make the potion of Curse Cleansing. Afterward he practiced spells and learned the CopyPasto spell as well. YES!

iFqIbnH.png
    It's a good thing he did since he was down to his last bottle of excellent Potion of Plentiful Needs. Cale used the Repairo spell on the normal sample bottle of Curse Cleansing potion to make it excellent first, then made a copy of it. I sold the normal sample. He then made several copies of the Plentiful Needs potions and drank one of them.

Cale only needs to reach Virtuoso now and he'll be finished with this aspiration. He's actually won three duels. You didn't see the first one since I didn't show it. It happened the first time he went to Caster's Alley. A NPC spellcaster challenged him and I couldn't cancel it. It made me so angry I didn't bother to take screenshots. I didn't think he was ready. All the Dude wanted to do was go shopping and he kept getting NPC after NPC challenging him. Why? He didn't have that particular curse. Oh well, at least he won! *shrugs*

He will slow down a bit now, there's no hurry. I didn't expect he'd win three duels so quickly. Usually winning three duels is the hardest task for this milestone. It took a long time for Essa to do it if I remember correctly.

Comments/replies coming up next, I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited March 2022
    So I actually did catch up on reading your posts. Gonna make these comments quick though, I'm pretty exhausted and I want a bit of time to play my own game before I call it a night since it's been a full week now since I've actually played and I've been itching for some sims time. I will start doing comments normally again tomorrow! Also, sorry I'm pretty terrible at hitting the "awesome" button on your guys' posts, but I think they are awesome even if I forget haha.

@afai1261
    Love the way you got Aaron the magic realm, the poses were well executed! I like the lore your having going with your spellcasters, vampires, and aliens too. Your spellcasters are super cool too. Loving Aaron's new look too. I have to update him in my game still. And I probably won't make him a spellcaster in my game because of my lore, but he will have an updated look :) I like the lilsimsie reno of the magic realm HQ! I might need to replace it with that in my game too. Excited to see Cale and Aster's baby too <3 Love your daily pic from March 6 too! Your dialogue with Regan and Aster was very well done and very sweet too :)

@Karababy52
    It definitely makes sense for Cale to go to Glimmerbrook, especially since he has such good ties with spellcasters already. The photos you have of him entering the portal are so cool! Love the spellcasters in your game too <3 I love that L. was the one to give the Rite of Ascension in both our games. I love L. and I'm so glad I have her in my game now. You've got some good duels going in your game too! Always makes for good screenshots. I love Alessandra's tattoo by the way, very sexy ;) I really need to experiment with potion making. I want that plentiful needs one haha

Also does Cale have different facial hair now? Sorry if you linked that and I missed it somewhere.

@LegacySims2017 Glad to see you back with DJ and I love that he's writing books about each adventure he has!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    @afai1261
    Wow! Fabulous daily post pic! Aaron looks so fierce! Great duel between Aaron and Grace! I love how hesitant and a little anxious he was at first over the idea. But when they actually began, he looked magnificent! However, as she said Grace has more experience. He should be proud of himself for the great hit he did get on her though. Go Aaron! :)

Great idea getting more training Aaron. Hmm, it is interesting the Sages never questioned him about anything. Perhaps they don't know anything, or maybe they do, but since Aaron's not a vampire, they've decided to look the other way? I don't know, obviously. hehe I'm sure you'll fill us all in at some point. :)

hehe Sorry Aaron, I had to laugh at his face and his comment about Grace getting defeated by the NPC. Don't blame him for being annoyed! Hey Melissa, very sweet of you to bring all their stuff over. :) Nerd? Nah, she's just a good student, good for her! hehe Ah yes, of course, Robin calls and she runs! ;) So does Yoshi sparkle all the time? I had no idea pets would sparkle anywhere else other than the Realm, that's cool!

Oh man, here we go again, got choked up reading Aster's revelation to her Mom too. I'm not surprised she wasn't more upset. The two of them, she and Blue, seem like very cool, calm and collected Moms. So, so sweet how she sent her to bed to rest and agreed to tell her Mother for her. She's right, Aster has had enough tears and anxiety for one day. Gah! Glad she spoke up and told her not to hurt Cale, and then she says she thinks she loves him? I lost it, feel like losing it again. It's just so touching. I'm very proud of Regan. She must be a wreck inside, but is being strong for her daughter. That's what good Moms do, love and support their children no matter what. <3

Oh yeah, that's right! o.O That fact totally slipped my mind. Oh boy, this will be interesting later in the year considering what will happen. HAHA! Yeah, I don't think Morgyn would've been too pleased to be inferniated. But I agree, it would be funny. ;) Thanks about the fake Latin! It's fun trying to think of an incantation they might say for different spells. You're welcome, found that out about the quality thing last year. :) hehe I kind of wish he DID fall off his broom though. But I got some cool shots of him in the sky and the moon/sparkles when he disappeared.

Thanks about Cale's convo with L. about Alessandra. Honestly, I thought hard about having this convo go in a completely different direction from the looks Cale was giving L. Now, if I had? THAT would've definitely surprised you. hehe I just couldn't do that to Simeon though. Nope! L. is too old and wise to fall for a young buck like him anyway. Best she stays a Mom figure for him and that's it! ;)

@permanentrose
    hehe Yep, like Mother, like Daughter. I don't blame Robin for liking Cornelius though, very cute cat! And Cale distracted by Posey, yep, very true to character. hehe She's such a cutie! Uh oh, they both like Posey and the green-eyed monster has been awoken. o.O I hope that doesn't cause problems down the road. hehe Nope, Simon? Who's Simon? Someone was here? Who cares? We just had our first kiss. ;) They were too into each other to notice him. <3

Fabulous scenic shots! I love the Realm so much, it's just gorgeous! Aww, I'm so glad Robin offered Cale her support in the end. Besties forever! I love these two together. Oh man, how sweet is that? They got each other gifts! Cool Dragon! Never used that familiar before, he looks mischievous, fun and he's purple! :)

No worries about the awesomes. I always give them out, even if I don't comment on stories of those who don't comment on mine, I hope everyone knows that. But anyway, thanks for your comments about Cale's story so far. Love that portal, it's just so beautiful, old and mysterious looking. The Devs did a fantastic job on this entire pack in my opinion. Spellcasters have become my favorite occult in this game and their worlds, especially the Magic Realm's beauty just blows me away! It's in my Top 3 favorite for beauty, definitely. :)

It just made sense L. would be the one to give Cale the Rites. She's always looked out for him, right from the beginning, despite how he treated her at first. She's a good 'Mom' to him, he loves her for that. :) Love Alessandra's tattoos too! She's so pretty in my opinion. Love her light eyes and dark hair. Always found that combo attractive for men or women. :)

Hey, I think Robin can buy apples from her cell if she wishes. That's all she needs to make it. It'll come out normal quality, but if she knows the Repairio spell she can use that to make it perfect quality. Then use Copypasto to make more and voila! Gawd, I just love Spellcasters! <3

Oh yes, he has the same beard as Aaron now. Here's a link to it:

LumialoverSims Hipscruff beard

Hopefully that link works, if it doesn't let me know! :) Oh and by the way, I think you meant to @ LegacySims2017 in your last spoiler, right?
    @Karababy52
    Mar 5: Another amazing daily pic of Cale <3
    I had a spellcaster win her first ever duel against Simeon haha (I guess he's just really easy to beat?). I wonder how Aaron will fare against my sages... Congrats to Cale!
    I'm pretty sure I had a mod to get rid of those situational outfits but I think the creator left the community ages ago :( I just use MCCC to dress them in their proper outfits if I catch them but yeah, it's very annoying. Bad design decision there!
    "Mr Pompous Pink" :joy: I hate townies so much especially when they interrupt things like this :joy:
    Oh Morgyn is freaking brutal haha. RIP Cale's spine.
    "Catch up" :smirk: yup we all know what that means for Cale ;)

Mar 6: I really love the display pillar showing off all those potions behind Cale in the daily pic!
    Yay, Alessandra! "You're going down" Cale's reaction to that... I just... :joy: HAHAHA Cale you dog!
    "Practice or foreplay" Cale!!!
    By the way: is that Morrigan and Odin in the background of his duel with Alessandra? Obviously dressed in their dumb game generated situational outfits? And then Evan comes to talk to Odin? In his dumb game generated situational outfit? lol
    Oh, so he pulls out the "Feel my power and know that you are mine" line too? :smirk: I remember Morgyn using that one on Essa (or a variation of it - I reread lots of last year's challenge recently to procrastinate HAHA)
    Oh it's definitely a date ;)
    Now he's on shortened name basis, eh?
    Morgyn gives rocket brooms when you beat him? Omg love it :D

~~~

Yeah whenever Yoshi is actually summoned as Aaron's active familiar, he sparkles :) And that's anywhere, not just in the Realm itself.
    ...got choked up reading Aster's revelation to her Mom too...
    Hehe I did it again, huh?

@permanentrose
    Mar 6: Aww Cornelius is super cute!
    And Robin, you'll find a hot lady spellcaster too, I'm sure of it! Still feel bad for her though :(
    That pic of Carrie winning the duel, with Robin upside down and Rose apparently laughing is so good :joy:
    Simon has stolen my heart I mean he's with Baz and I respect that but he just looks so cute in that pic I can't stand it sorry what I mean Yes Cale and Posey!
    Aww I like that Robin got a wand for Cale! And that he got a new familiar for her!
    I love Blaze, he is adorable!

~~~

Oh of course no worries at all that Aaron won't be a spellcaster in your game, I figured that would be the case :)
    I'm glad you liked the dialogue between Regan and Aster. I'm super excited to see Cale and Aster's baby too :smiley:

@RememberJoy
    Mar 6: Love that both our boys dueled Grace :D
    Poor Adam getting his butt handed to him in that duel with Darrel though! L looks so shocked :joy:
    Ooh, don't let losing get to your head Adam! I'm glad he has ways to wind down.
    But then these bouts of rage combined with living in a haunted house might be a lot for him to handle...
    March 7

ZFuJh8N.jpg
    Cale's a good friend. Even though he doesn't go to school, he helps Robin keep her grades up :)
    eiY7Xua.jpg

Also I gave Cale a familiar too. Meet Obsidian.
    3KmoSTA.jpg

Robin met L. in the Realm for some training, but they stood very awkwardly far apart and refused to face each other :D
    LsZqGmL.jpg

Moryn was looking pensive over by the cauldron. (I never know what pronouns to use for Morgyn, since my instinct is they/them, but since the game doesn't actually support custom pronouns yet, a part of me defaults to he/him just since that's what the game uses. Anyway, might just do he/him to make things easier, but I definitely view Morgyn as being gender fluid.)
    tjgbJMF.jpg

Morgyn taught Robin a new spell, zipzap, and insisted that Robin try it out on him.
    ThhZQwF.jpg

Poor Morgyn :(:D
    ztIQPhf.jpg
    4TfUAIF.jpg

"Sorry, I hope I didn't hurt you," Robin said, leaning in for a hug.
    rFqR8Th.jpg

"Oh, I'm more than fine," Morgyn assured her. "I like to make sure my students get to practice their spells. Learning is always best with practice. It gives me a good assessment of your powers too, and I can assure you that yours are growing stronger."
    XoT4ovf.jpg

Oh look who tagged along to the Realm :)
    LAyeDtv.jpg

There was an insufferable heat wave the next day, so when Robin got home from school, she and Cale had some fun cooling off in the sprinkler.
    bzGslys.png

After that, Cale had to go somewhere, but he was vague about the details, only saying he'd be back later. While he was gone, Posey came over. Posey had been looking for Cale, but she was happy to hang out with Robin too.
    dvJDGgU.jpg

Robin, who had come home in a flirty mood, was clearly happy to have Posey all to herself.
    5Y7ZsCy.jpg

They practiced magic for a bit.
    Ut9C6xI.jpg

One day Robin will hopefully win a duel :D (Now that I know familiars can help, I'm gonna try summoning one of Robin's before her next duel)
    m7saGSF.jpg

Robin's like, "Dang, that was hot. That girl can toss me around any day."
    lkvXVuv.jpg

It was a gorgeous evening, so they lay in the grass after that, gazing up at the stars.
    xsjR94K.jpg

"What happened to your cheek?" Robin suddenly found herself asking. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to though..." she quickly added.
    J3fVE2Q.jpg

"I'm fine talking about it," Posey assured her. "It happened a while ago now...on the night my parents died. Our home was attacked by rogue vampires. They have their own kind of magic too - different than ours, but still strong and dangerous, and one of the curses one of them put on my mother ricocheted and hit my cheek. In the years that have followed, my Gran has tried everything to remove the scar, but no spell or potion seems to work. It's just a mark though. My mother took the brunt of the curse..." she trailed off.

"I'm sorry," Robin spoke softly. "I can't even imagine."

Posey smiled softly at her. "Sometimes life is rough...but I have my Gran and my sister, and even though I miss my parents everyday, I know I'm lucky to have any family left. The vampire raids were terrible when I was a child. Lots of spellcasters were left with no family at all..." she explained. "But anyway, I did have some good years with my parents. My father taught me all the constellations." She reached her finger up to point, and even though Robin's own father had taught her many of the constellations, she let Posey name every one.
    ZFuJh8N.jpg

---
    Where was Cale though? Well, apparently this happened. Cale and Piper had a few woohoos I didn't bother to screenshot haha, and my pregnancies are actually set to the default time for once so Piper had this little one behind the scenes lol. (Don't mind the glitches in this screenshot lol)
    egkOqs8.png

Maybe the skin color wasn't glitching haha...but baby skin tones are terrible, so it's not a good indication of what they'll actually look like. Anyway, meet Cale's daughter, who appears to be a vampire! The game named her Katlin, but once she ages up, I'm going to change it to Kate :) (Also ignore this ugly apartment. One day, I'll download them a nicer one from the gallery lol)
    WkvzT6E.png

I didn't save aging her up, just since I want a little more passage of time before she's a toddler, but I was so curious to see what her skin tone would be so I took a sneak peak...and wow, where is that skin tone even from lol? Both her parents are nicely tanned. Sims genetics confuse me.
    dJd8un7.jpg

This screenshot amused me, with Essa just trying to glance back at them...
    g3D83SB.jpg

ANYWAY, this child is very confusing. You'd think she'd have that light brown hair since both Cale and Piper have it, but it looks like she got Grandpa Damon's black hair, as long as when I actually age her up, she ages up similarly. Also, where is that eye color from? My only thought about that is that spellcaster and vampire kids get random eye colors and then they glitch all the time, so honestly, who knows :D
    shXamtY.jpg

As I said though, Kate's gonna stay a baby for a bit. And my backstory now is that Cale was visiting her tonight during this update, as Piper has just informed him that he is a father....
    edited March 2022
    March 7
    KCloVQd.png
    You'd think that after losing two duels in a row and being very close to losing a third (and then, of course, actually losing that one too) and the strange sensation of a crackling going up and down his arms that left his fingers tingling and feeling electric, that Aaron would learn to slow down. He did not.

He'd taken his chances against Morgyn, the sage of untamed magic, with whom he felt a special connection.
    2sq0TWk.png

That connection did not save him from being unceremoniously flung around and finally smacking onto the hard stone, gasping for breath yet again. Had he been anything other than a spellcaster, he was sure it would have left him paralysed.
    Hx7jP6N.png

As he slowly stood with a grimace, he thanked the sage, who informed him that he was now an Acolyte. Well, that was something, at least.
    61pTFUt.png
    WJhseyW.png

He didn't know what possessed him to challenge yet another sage - this time, Simeon of practical magic.
    FLbJKY3.png

For some of the bout, he was certain he was going to win, being able to block quite a few of the spells Simeon slung his way.
    xLvjET1.png

He was even able to bring Simeon to his knees.
    tiUD14P.png

Hubris must have overtaken him at that point and he let his guard down once again.
    KFBay6t.png

"No!"
    9zXhY8p.png
    zj1SIHL.png

"Nice one, Simeon!"
    ECQFlEN.png
    Well yeah of course a sage is going to defeat someone who literally became a spellcaster a few days ago.

Aaron had a new stupid plan to win a duel. He'd heard that familiars were helpful, and so he summoned Yoshi to the Realm.
    hk58rKX.png

"Alright, boy, you're going to help me win a duel!"
    1xUaaau.png

Maybe he would have been better at helping Aaron win that duel if Keisha hadn't yelled at him first.
    6MmzJO3.png
    (Aaron should have dueled her just for that. Yoshi did nothing!)

Aaron discovered a spell to repair things before someone he wanted to duel came through the portal.
    XKwkiz0.png

"Have you been practicing?" she asked, and he was hesitant to tell her that just that morning two of the three sages had soundly whooped his overconfident a$$.
    "I'm an acolyte now," he said, as if that meant anything to her, and she grinned.
    "Let's do this then," and suddenly Aaron realised that he was doomed.
    37CWtHs.png

"Yes!" he yelled as she stumbled, but she quickly caught herself.
    VvvAgX7.png

"You forgot the golden rule!"
    OkZPZ3x.png
    xynyuxf.png
    Freaking ouch.

"You should maybe take a break," Grace said. "I know the world of magic is exciting but doing too much can be dangerous." She lowered her voice. "It's what killed Malachi."
    "Surely just take me to Audax if I die, right?" he wheezed, and she shot him a look that said 'shut up, or else.'
    "We don't talk about him here," she said. "It pains me, but still." She sighed then. "He's only brought someone back to life once. You were on the brink of death when you came to us, but that is obviously not the same as being fully dead. You feel that sensation in your arms and fingers? You need to slow down, take a nap, relax."

He didn't slow down, take a nap, or relax. After planting a few apples in the garden at home, he decided it was necessary to try making a potion or two. He'd learned the recipe for one called plentiful needs. Handily enough, all it needed was a single apple, and Aaron had hundreds of those. He'd never felt more thankful that he'd decided on an apple orchard back in Mount Komorebi.
    waB7CqH.png
    (gosh this picture is dark, sorry haha)

Stepping up to the cauldron, he dropped in an apple and worked some magic.
    kSl9scB.png

Yoshi watched him curiously.
    9UJ87XF.png
    (aww I only just noticed Hunter inside through the window!)

When he was finished with the potion, he brought out a bottle and decided to try out the Repairio spell.
    rVPOqmB.png
    He inspected the quality and found that it was excellent! Perfect!

His happiness was shot-lived however as the sensation that Grace had described became overpowering, starting in his left hand. Light and energy flowed out of his fingers and while it was beautiful it was also very weird...
    9UJbMKb.png

And excruciating.
    lCvUsoB.png
    EwHKt7z.png
    rTxyz6x.png
    He fell to the ground, feeling somewhat charred and light headed, his fingers twitchy. What. The. Hell. Was. THAT?!!

Extras:
    I have finally given my save's L a makeover because she seriously needed help LOL
    RBqwo4w.png

@afai1261
    L is looking very fab in your game. I love seeing L makeovers. I’ve grown quite fond of her. I burned through my pre-played updates as of today too. I did play last night and I think I got enough for 2 or 3 updates though, I just actually have to write them. Funnily enough, Robin gets overcharged in my update for tomorrow too lol
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    (Taking it slow, still having stuff going on at home, but not as bad as it was. Will eventually catch up in posting daily images, but for now...)

March 3rd Comments:

@afai1261
    I think Yoshi is more protecting his lil pile of poo. :joy: The house looks nice.

@permanentrose
    I was cracking up at Cale's expressions throughout. It looks like he doesn't approve of all this magic stuff, but am sure he'll get used to it.

@RememberJoy
    Adam's not going to enjoy the other portions of the haunted house if that comes about.

@Karababy52
    Was fun to see Cale earn the Rite of Ascension. Looking forward to see how he learns and uses his newfound abilities as a spellcaster.
    The bully is going to play a bigger role in March. Well, towards the middle to end. Once I get to March (slowly, but surely), I think you'll enjoy the setup. Have my three new sages in place since I mentioned I deleted all premade Sims except for a select few.

March 4th Comments

@afai1261
    Aaron was doing so well controlling his anger issues. Getting bit by that last vampire at the end of February probably got his anger mood started all over again. But it's fun sometimes to watch angry Aaron stomping all around. :lol:
    You are correct. The bully will play a part into the transition into Glimmerbrook. I originally didn't plan it that way. I didn't really know what to do, but as I saw this Sim always appearing around D.J. (even in spots I didn't show), it was time to make them a spot in a story arc.

@permanentrose
    Aww, Pepper and Mayor Whiskers are going to be friends. We know Robin likes fire. Good thing she didn't burn down her new place so earlier. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    I love the facial expressions you capture of Adam for each day. They are hilarious. And what he does to the "clone". :joy: You'd think he would avoid Adam at all costs now and stay away from him.

@Shadami
    That firefighter moment. :joy: I don't think that was a firefighter, but rather a person who enjoys seeing fires. Especially up close and personal.

@Karababy52
    "Stinkoticus Begonius" :joy:
    Oh, is the Alessandra thing a start to something as you get closer to the end of the month after the 100 baby challenge or are you switching things up now?

March 5th Comments:

@afai1261
    Aww...cowplant makes Aaron happy again! :lol:

@permanentrose
    That was fun looking at the "friendly" battle between Robin and Cale. Too bad Robin wasn't the victor. Pepper's expression towards Cale was great.

@RememberJoy
    The broom flying incident! :joy: Also, that clone looks like he's gearing up for revenge against Adam.

@Shadami
    Aww, such a nice D.J. in your multiverse gameplay.

@Karababy52
    Poor Cale. Can't win them all, my friend. But that curse also doesn't help any.

March 6th Comments:

@afai1261
    Aaron is still new to spellcasting. He can't win them all. He needs to know maybe that other teen has more practice and skill than him to defeat Grace. An evening with Hunter solves that problem. :grin:

@permanentrose
    Poor Robin. But it looks like she's going to be happy for Cale and Posey if things happen between them. And that baby dragon looks so cute. This will be my first time also exploring Realm of Magic pack. I've had it since its release but never played its World. I'm looking forward to it.

@RememberJoy
    Yoga and/or meditation along with spellcasting can be a great combo together Adam is realizing. :wink:

@Karababy52
    Oh, I like that nickname for Alessandra....Sandy. And does Cale really think he could beat a Sage so early in training? :lol: Simeon was letting him know he got lucky the first time around. Won't happen again.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb22.jpg
    February 22: Fire Dance!

Side Note:
    No storyline here again. D.J. hasn't visited a major place in Windenburg yet, so here is at The Bluffs during night time showing off.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb23.jpg
    February 23: Toe Pick!

dj-02-201.jpg
    dj-02-202.jpg
    dj-02-203.jpg
    dj-02-204.jpg
    dj-02-205.jpg
    dj-02-206.jpg
    dj-02-207.jpg

Side Notes:
    • Continuing with no story pieces right now.
    • Each monthly day is still considered an in-game day.
    • This one is D.J. learning to skate since I found a skating rink in Windenburg. Took him all afternoon after he got out of school to be able to finally do some tricks.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    March 7th: Sage advice

Today's Accomplishments:
    Switched over to Purveyor of Potions and instantly leveled up to tier three

1UAaw8K.png
    Today I wanted to focus on my potion making, as I've only learned three and have yet to even make one myself. I started out on the cauldron, but didn't get very far as the stray cats I share my house with where being very distracting.
    sw7hV6Y.png
    The sun was shining beautifully outside, so I made my way out to my little garden. I tended to my bees first, harvesting the honey and wax.
    klGvMML.png
    Next I turned my attention to my plants.
    0qFtIZl.png
    After harvesting, I tried out one of my new spells called floralorial which allowed me to instantly fulfill all of my plant's needs.
    1gTl6ys.png
    Not bad. Feeling fairly confident in the sunshine, I approached the forbidden wishing well, and even dared look it in the eye. "Seems harmless enough", I thought to myself, "I wonder if it holds a secret?". I took out a coin and tossed it in, at the same time wishing to increase my magical abilities.
    tSavVkw.png
    Light flashed from inside the well and the face above me lit up.
    Le79CsI.png
    Instantly I knew everything there was to know about video gaming... video gaming? I guess I wasn't specific enough, or the well's a troll, hard to say. At the very least I know it's secret now, but the snarling look the face now showed didn't bode well for future wishes. I went back inside and finished up my gardening in the greenhouse.
    zQWbTmz.png
    Now I really needed to focus on my potion making. I spent several hours experimenting, and while I did learn about what doesn't work, I also never unlocked any new spells.
    qzMOWtt.png
    As evening began, I heard my name being called from outside and went to see who it was.
    ULpt9hV.png
    Morgyn waved from over the wall, asking how the energy of the house was holding. I explained everything had been fairly quiet since we'd done The Ritual, even Guidry had failed to show up the night before. Morgyn said he was headed to the pub for a drink and asked if I'd like to accompany him. It was a beautiful evening and I'd had enough potion making for the day so I agreed. At the pub, we sat down at the bar and I asked him if he knew there was a magical wishing well in my backyard.
    xm6sWFN.png
    "Ah, you found the wishing well", Morgyn said with a smile, "did you make a wish?" I nodded, "Yes, I wished for better magical skills, but now I know everything about Video Gaming instead, a skill by the way I've never shown any interest in whatsoever". At this Morgyn laughed, "Just be lucky it gave you something instead of taking something!" Morgyn grew serious, "I'd advise against another attempt Adam, that well has cost some their lives, and it is easily angered". I swallowed nervously, "So what exactly is the story behind it, how did it come to be?" Morgyn grew thoughtful, "I don't know the whole story, it happened a long time ago, but it's similar to why the house is haunted". "Are you saying the well is haunted?" I asked. "Yes and no", Morgyn shook his head, "I'd say it's more of the magic in the area has saturated it and has caused it to become enchanted". At this point I noticed the bartender was waiting for us to order a drink, so I asked Morgyn if he had any recommendations.
    6LVdzlz.png
    "The wine here is delicious", he said, "but I have my own favorite, juice on rocks, but it is more potent". "I'm under age for either of those", I pointed out. Morgyn shrugged, "Around here, if you're old enough to wield magic, we figure you're old enough to drink". "In that case", I said waving over the bartender, "let me buy you a drink in thanks for helping me out the other day".
    ntovcBw.png
    "That's very kind of you Adam", Morgyn said, "are you sure?" "Of course", I laughed, "it's the least I can do". I ordered a white wine for myself and a juice on rocks for Morgyn, "Cheers", I said taking my first sip of wine.
    lN0n2n4.png
    We went upstairs to find a more comfortable place to sit, and I asked Morgyn if he knew anything about vampires.
    1UAaw8K.png
    "Hmm", Morgyn said taking a sip of his drink, "that's an interesting subject, why the curiosity?" I swirled my drink around my cup before answering. "I met, well more like observed, a vampire once a long time ago when I was a child," I began looking down at the swirling wine, "It wasn't a pleasant experience, but ever since I've held a certain curiosity about them". Morgyn nodded, "Yes, I've only met a couple myself", Morgyn rose to his feet to pace, "and neither encounter would be what I'd call pleasant either. They too are a secretive race, but they do seem to enjoy Spellcaster plasma specifically, and every once in a while we'll have one bold enough to try to hunt us on our territory. It usually doesn't end well... for them".
    lwA1DLR.png
    Morgyn took another sip fro his drink, "They're weaknesses are many, fortunately for us, and of course the biggest one is sunlight. But even the strongest and oldest can tolerate that on occasion". Morgyn sat back down next to me, leaning in a bit, "If I'm being honest, I'd love to have the chance to sit down with one of their elders and learn their many secrets, but that's unlikely to ever happen", Morgyn looked over at me with a wry smile, "I'm much too tasty". I laughed, but was beginning to feel a little light headed from the drink, so I asked if we could go out to get some fresh air.
    yEK9d02.png
    Outside, looking up at the bright stars, I felt inspired and asked Morgyn if he'd be willing to duel with me. "I think the drink has emboldened you beyond your current skills", Morgyn laughed, "but I will humor you".
    ucMnutU.png
    We took up our stances, and in about ten seconds I found myself flat on my face.
    DqJB3LT.png
    3OHIbgk.png
    "I applaud your attempt", Morgyn said with a smile, "but you still have much to learn". At this point he was kind enough to take the time to walk me through our short battle and explain what I'd done wrong, and the few things I'd done right. "You're on your way to great things Adam", he ended, "keep practicing and experimenting". I gave him a hug and thanked him for sharing so much of his time and knowledge with me before we parted ways for the night.
    9PTvPJ0.png
    I walked home, feeling confident as well as a little tipsy. and who knows, maybe tomorrow I'd finally unlock a new potion.
    edited March 2022
    edited March 2022
    March - Day 7: "The 'Date'!" Part One

wvgFp8i.png
    (Opps! Didn't realize cropping this would make it so big! o.O Sorry...)

Notes
    GzqvT0a.png
    Alessandra arrived at Cale's house mid-morning the next day. He invited her inside and started chattering about watching a movie and how he'd made some popcorn as he walked with her toward the kitchen. He turned around to smile at her and suddenly found himself in her embrace.

She was shaking at first, but seemed to calm a bit as she clung to him. Cale kept silent sensing she just needed to be held for some reason and softly rubbed her back in comfort. Clearly she was upset about something.

ARt6TVZ.png
    After a few moments of just holding each other, Alessandra pulled away.
    "What's wrong Sandy? You don't have to say if you don't want to. I'll understand."
    "I'm sorry Cale, I just...needed a hug. I don't want to bother you with my problems."
    "Oh, hey, you're not bothering me, ever. Okay? I'd love to help if I can, or just listen. Whatever you need."

3QbRStR.png
    "I feel so silly for crying on your shoulder about it, I just can't stop thinking about a fight I had with my Mom yesterday...she's been sick and, I just, I just feel so guilty for yelling at her...What if, what if she dies and the last thing I said to her was, was..."

y1RQbAy.png
    "Shhh, hey, hey, it's okay. It'll be alright. Just call her or go see her again and apologize or something. She'll be okay. Whatever it was about, I'm sure you can work it out."
    "I feel like such a bad daughter. I didn't mean to yell at her, but sometimes she just makes me so frustrated and angry, I lose it and yell at her and then I regret it later."

NTeF3Sv.png
    "You know, that happens to me a lot. But not as much as it did. I'm getting better at controlling it. I'll tell you something someone told me once that helps me when I feel like yelling and screaming, saying stuff I shouldn't."

lHLYKqp.png
    "Every time something makes you angry, close your eyes and count to ten. If you're still angry, take three deep breaths."

I2gf9A1.png
    "If you're still angry? Call me or text me, we'll talk it out together. Okay?"
    "Okay, I'll try that."

ezlccCG.png
    "Thanks Cale. I'm so embarrassed. I should know how to handle these things on my own by now."
    "No apologies necessary, everyone needs someone sometimes. I sure needed you, you saved my life. That's what friends are for, to help each other, to listen annnnd, have fun together!"

9zTczxM.png
    "Speaking of fun, would you like to watch that movie now? Just kick back, throw some popcorn around and try to catch it or something? I'm pretty good at that if I do say so myself. It might help get your mind off things, at least for a little while."
    "I'd like that, yes."

mIFfdEz.png
    9DvDJ5v.png
    Cale and Alessandra ended up talking and telling jokes to each other, laughing and having a good time.

8Hk19jN.png
    They forgot all about the popcorn and the movie was mostly ignored as well.

KRjnR60.png
    Cale was having so much fun and feeling so close to Alessandra, without thinking about what he was doing, he blew her a kiss...

1syltLL.png
    "Did you just blow me a kiss? How sweet!"
    "Wel, I, I, I mean, uh..."
    (Oh gawd, why did I do that? Why? Oh No! Quick, think of something, anything!)

z5MR27e.png
    "I wasn't blowing a kiss at you, it was, it was at that little girl in the movie. She's such a cutie with her dog. I couldn't help myself."
    "Really? Hmm..."

RC19RBx.png
    "She is a little cutie pie."
    (Whew! Close one.)
    (Coward.)
    (Shhhh!)

EYrFtF3.png
    "But you can't fool me Cale."
    (Oh Gawd. She knows.)

EAwjloL.png
    "I know you meant it for me."
    "Is that okay, I mean, I just got caught up in the moment."
    "It's cool Cale, you're so cute. I love how sweet you are."
    (Sweet...she thinks I'm sweet. Why not sexy?)
    (Because you're just a---)
    (NO! Don't think like that!)
    (I can change her mind.)
    (Then do it!)
    (I will...just not right now.)
    (When?)
    (I don't know, yet. It's just not the right time. L. said I'd know and I do know it's not now.)

w64fRmz.png
    "Hey, would you like to go outside and make a snowpal? It's so sunny and nice. We should go enjoy it."
    "Sure. Sounds like fun. I haven't made one of those since I was a kid."
    "Cool."

9R292A7.png
    They were supposed to make a snowpal together, but apparently 'together' to the game means making individual snowpals side-by-side.

That's okay, and here's why. Out of the blue, literally, Morrigan dropped out of the sky off her broom and landed right inside the snowpal Alessandra was building. hehe
    "Oof."

VrIUq9w.png
    Alessandra didn't see her and just kept piling on more and more snow.
    "HEY!"
    "Did you hear something Cale?"
    "No, what did it sound like?"
    "I don't know, something...maybe a voice?"

nL5CqIW.png
    "Oh, uh, Hi. What are you doing down there? Oh! Did you just say something a second ago? I bet that's what I heard!"

k38sGjN.png
    "Morrigan! What are you doing here?"
    "Hey Cale. Hi Sandy., yeah, I did. Not important though. Sorry, I just fell off my broom is all, no biggie. I think I need a new one."
    "Oh okay..."

rEcONo2.png
    "I'll, uh just go now. Gawd! My back!"

Alessandra and Cale finished their identical snowpals, took a selfie together with them and then had a chat about what they should do next. And then...

MCerdGU.png
    "Dangit! Yep, definitely need a new broom. Sorry again. See ya!" *WHOOSH*

I think someone is jealous, don't you? ;)

To be continued...

I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a wonderful day! <3
    @afai1261
    Yep, for some reason Simeon is very easy to beat it seems. Most of the time. Same thing with Essa last year, I think. If I remember correctly, she beat her Dad first thing too. Well dang, too bad that Modder isn't around anymore. I should break down and just get MCCC already. Ugh! Agreed! Why, why, why does the game generate SO many of them? Most don't even have a role, they're just so annoying and unneeded! Thank God I have a mod that makes it so they don't bug my Sims anymore though! Keeps my sanity while playing. ;) Yes! Morgyn is a VERY fierce duelist. I love that! Feels like a true victory when he's defeated to me. :)

Thanks! Wasn't really room anywhere else. I should build Cale a basement magic room or something. I agree the potions do look cool on that pillar next to the cauldron though. HAHAHA! I couldn't resist! Yep, he IS a dog! Dude's just like his big 'brother' Josh. You are correct! My poor babies all dressed in dumb outfits. Grrrr! GAH! You're right again! Opps! I thought it felt familiar when I wrote it. Now I know why. Need to be careful of that. o.O Aww, you have no idea how much that makes me smile knowing you've been reading our last year's posts. :) Even if it is just to procrastinate. hehe He gave them last year at least, I hope he does this year too. Thus far, Simeon is the only Sage Cale has defeated. One of my goals is for him to beat all three! Essa collected all the magic artifacts last year and I hope Cale does too. She collected all the tomes too, but I don't think I'll have Cale do that.

Good to know about pet familiars, even if Cale won't have one. Cale is collecting familiars, but won't use one of those either. Unless he finds the Phoenix, I LOVE that one! All my Spellcasters that had familiars had some kind of bird; Phoenix, Raven, or the Sixam Owl. The others are cool too, but I like those the best. :) One of my witches had a white cat with a star on it's forehead as her familiar though.

YES! You certainly did! Thank you and Congrats! ;)

Whoa! Fantastic shots of Aaron in his duels with Morgyn, Grace and Simeon! Aaron should've listened to Grace though. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Dude's SO lucky to be alive! What an epic shot of him suffering the effects of an overcharge though. Looks SO painful! Never had any of my Sims do that and I hope I never do. Anyway, even though Yoshi didn't/couldn't help, still looks adorable sticking his tongue out in the pic with Aaron. hehe Keisha! How dare you? Yoshi is a good boy! Sheesh!

The default L. is so weird looking eh? Your L. is much better!

@permanentrose
    Aww, so, so sweet how Cale's helping her with the project. He is a good friend, and so is she! YES! OMG! How did you know? That's exactly the familiar I would give Cale too. It's my favorite! :) Thank you, you're a sweetheart! I have a mod so Sims face each other (sort of) for training. It's annoying when they don't, it does look awkward. Oh man, Morgyn is such a sweetie eh? Allowing Robin to ZipZap him. hehe Oh man, I always forget about the Sprinkler! Good idea. So heartwarming seeing these two have fun together.

Uh oh, hmm, could you be setting up a love triangle, of sorts, or something? Or perhaps Cale will be with Piper now that she's had his baby! Such a cutie too! Interesting about the hair color and eyes. Could CC be the cause? Just a guess. Love the name Kate, of course. That's my Granddaughter's name. :) hehe Essa! That is hilarious how she's trying to look backwards without moving her head. Very sad what happened to Posey and more so her parents. Glad she felt comfortable enough with Robin to share her story. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Can't wait to see how it goes for DJ as a Spellcaster, and very curious about the bully. Should be interesting. :)

Cale just really, REALLY likes Alessandra. She might be, probably is 'the one' for him, the Sim he'll end up having a serious relationship with at some point. We'll see... What do you mean by switching things up?

Gah! He's gotten cursed three times now. hehe Dude just doesn't know when to quit dueling. It seems a pattern with him. He can win one, but then if he loses two in a row, he gets a curse.

Thanks, Sandy seemed to make the most sense for a nickname for her. I think it fits. :) Yup! Simeon had to make his dominance known. However, I do hope Cale beats him at least one more time. Just because I want him to beat all three of the Sages. :)

DJ Looks great doing that fire dance and working on his skating skill. Go DJ!
    March 8

RgzycyP.png
    Cale hadn't wanted to talk when he returned home later that night, and he was in a distant mood the next day, so Robin gave him some space and headed to the Realm, where she bumped into one of my spellcaster sims, Bianca. (I created and played Bianca VERY briefly right when I got the ROM and Eco packs a few months ago. My plan was to do a dumpster dive challenge and also explore the ROM pack a bit but I didn't actually have any time to play so I just ended up putting her in Robin's save)
    EB3alOa.png

Robin had summoned Pepper as her familiar prior to beginning their duel, and she looks quite confident.
    1XSrO2R.png

And Bianca actually looks a little nervous.
    xqnk6RE.png

And Pepper is just off somewhere on her own, despite being summoned lol.
    SlZ1h9l.png

CwSUNN6.png
    fK7LJbD.png
    jxk9w61.png

Finally a victory for Robin :)
    RhWcoAq.png
    1A8xIWD.png

MiMVe6x.png

Yeah, well Pepper, why aren't you there protecting her or whatever? :D Instead she was hanging out with Morgyn lol.
    X6MJaDq.png

Robin was feeling super confident after winning, almost as though an electric current were pulsing through her, so she tried her luck at another duel with Morgyn (still figuring out how overcharging works. Testing stuff out, hopefully Robin doesn't die LOL)
    ece8z6S.png

This girl is on fire today :)
    J2A0efx.png
    F2nkqai.png
    DVyrFA0.png
    zN8FXCW.png

Back at home, Cale was still in a mood. Robin asked him once again if he wanted to talk, but he brushed it off and asked her if she'd practice dueling with him.
    nEoovV7.png

Nice of you to actually show up this time Pepper :D
    ZMHcjNG.png

I thought she might get lucky three in a row, but Cale kicked her butt this time.
    pKnt4ng.png
    bEQlqmw.png

He really wasn't feeling like himself though.
    5tMLbmj.png

"Come on, dude, tell me what's wrong..."
    "I told you, I don't want to talk about it..."
    fcYCEmS.png

"Okay, maybe I do..."
    Ueizhnx.png

"Piper had a baby...and it's kind of sort of...mine."
    jkB7pcP.png

"Wait what?"
    KT2zOtN.png

"Yeah, look, that's her...." Cale said, showing Robin a picture on his phone. "Her name is Kate."
    VA7sxxM.png

She pulled Cale into a hug. "This is really big news...you doing okay?"
    "As okay as I can be," Cale said with a dry chuckle. "I mean, I'm terrified, but also...that kid...she's mine...and she's kind of amazing."
    aDvxYTD.png

In the back of her mind, Robin thought of Posey and her budding romance with Cale, but right now, she didn't dare say a thing...

Comments coming later today :)
    edited March 2022
    March 8
    BIbApnJ.png
    So! I decided it was high time that some other challenge sims showed up in my game this month, so I popped into a household with Cale, Robin, Adam and of course Pepper. (I mean Cale has already been showing up this month but still haha)

But before they went through the portal, Robin had to invite someone over real quick ;)
    0O7NsdV.png

Cale and Robin were the first to get to the other side of Glimmerbrook with Adam lagging behind
    11GRsbW.png
    DqjFOwQ.png
    CbjCUTV.png

I decided to find L to give the rites to Cale (and she later did Robin too :) )
    uoeQwP6.png
    qkj5Ezl.png

Robin found the chess table while Cale collected his motes and she looks very pleased with herself :D
    pte2JmI.png

Cale turned in his motes and became a spellcaster
    WvO83Pk.png
    QQpDnm9.png

Wow Robin, the cake was really that tempting, huh? :joy:
    UkUGB4X.png
    1pfN3ol.png

I had Adam go find Simeon to give him the rites, since in RememberJoy's game he seems to like practical magic the most :)
    SrutA9N.png
    No reason for this screenshot other than I thought Adam looked cute in it haha
    cRSmBPz.png
    w7ujpXq.png
    mdRuDof.png

While Robin got mote sight from L, Cale was doing his homework HAHA
    AEiwkPK.png
    QiObXX4.png
    xsNsLyA.png
    dang L got the 🐸🐸🐸🐸

I then wondered if Aaron was at HQ, and yep, he was... wearing this...
    NwbK8ko.png
    Which simply will not do.

I changed him into his normal clothes and had Robin greet him.
    eqe0GXP.png
    hbUGloX.png

And, of course...
    TZnSHe5.png
    qtXCCPY.png
    6pWOj5D.png
    H2TbScO.png
    LVVyW8a.png
    Unfortunately this win didn't count for his aspiration because when I switched back to his household, he still had 0/3 duels won :neutral:
    Ah well I was happy that he finally won a duel anyway even if it was against poor Robin :D

edited March 2022
    @permanentrose
    Mar 7: Wow I love Cale's familiar! And Obsidian is a perfect name!
    Yeah I used they/them for Morgyn when I first referred to them in my updates but I might just end up defaulting to he/him too, hmm... But in their most recent appearance I didn't use pronouns at all haha
    Well at least now he knows that he taught the spell to her correctly ;)
    Hello Posey!
    "That girl can toss me around any day" Robin get your thirst under control :joy:
    Sad backstory for Posey but it's good that she felt that she could open up to Robin about it. Also oof I wonder if Elle knows anything about those rogue vampires...
    Lol because you told me about this kid in PM I just knew that she was the reason Cale was gone in the story :D
    I'm kind of obsessed with sim genetics (genetics is a hobby of mine and probably the main reason I'm studying biology) but even I can't explain this one lol.
    I have noticed that the skintones do have really weird genetics issues even when both parents have a skintone of a certain type (like both warm) and then the kid ends up with a totally different type... And the eyes are weird too but it's true that vampire eyes do have issues too. And CC might just make it worse.
    But the hair? Oh, actually I have noticed in CAS two sims with the same hair colour having children with totally different hair colours so that could be the reason. Unless Cale and Piper's hairstyles aren't genetically coded properly, but they should be, right?
    Kate is very cute though!

~~~
    Of course L is looking fab, her last name is Faba ;)
    Anyways I didn't really try too hard but she really needed a whole overhaul of her entire face lol. I usually don't give makeovers that are this drastic but this is the one time I'll allow myself to do it haha
    ~~~

Mar 8: Love that daily pic! Robin's looking fierce!
    Go Robin! Well done on that victory! Lol I'm glad Pepper potentially helped her win, Yoshi has not for Aaron so far :joy:
    And beating Morgyn too! Wow!
    Aww I'm glad Cale finally told her what was up. Must have been a huge shock for him to find out about Kate's existence (as opposed to in mine where he's known about Aster's pregnancy the whole time haha)

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 22: DJ looks wonderful fire dancing! It's nice to see him having some fun before the inevitably dramatic transition to Glimmerbrook :D

Feb 23: Love all the pics of him ice skating too!

@RememberJoy
    Mar 7: Aww that first pic of him looking at the cat, he looks kinda worried lol
    Ah, now he uses the wishing well! Too bad it gave him something totally lame :joy: The well is definitely a troll HAHA
    Morgyn! Be a responsible adult lol
    Ah, so Adam's met a vampire... I like the development of your lore! :)
    Oof poor Adam. You'll beat Morgyn eventually, but probably when you're not this juiced!

@Karababy52
    Mar 7: Cale and Alessandra (I mean, Sandy) both look so wonderful and hot in the daily pic! :love:
    Aww him comforting her is so sweet :bawling:
    He's just so good and genuine!
    Okay now you're making ME tear up... I feel so bad for Sandy but I'm so glad that Cale can be there for her.
    Ahhh and he's giving her The Advice too!
    This is just so cute <3 Sandy is Cale's forever person, yeah? ;) After he gets his 100 babies first HAHA
    I love all his internal conflicts. Just wait until April dude ;)
    LOL at Morrigan under the snow :joy: Haven't laughed this hard in ages :D Her legs and arm flailing about :D:D
    This update was perfect <3
    edited March 2022
    March 7th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Aww, Cale's a dad now. Yeah, genetics can be very weird. I laughed at the glitch with the dog in the air. That's just hilarious. Looks like the pup is jumping for joy.

@afai1261
    "Aaron, it's called being cocky. Don't be so cocky. You'll win a duel if you slow down, take your time, and concentrate." :lol:

@RememberJoy
    Wishing wells can be very devious. I'm sure Adam will find use of the knowledge of video gaming down the road. :wink:

@Karababy52
    Aww, Cale tries to hide blowing her a kiss. He should know fibbing isn't going to work on the ladies. :lol: And I really laughed when Sandy continued to build the snowpal on Morrigan.
    "What do you mean by switching things up?" I thought maybe you were reconsidering the 100 baby challenge and might move him into a full on relationship right away instead. But seeing a bunch of Cale children running around is going to be fun to watch if you continue that route.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    March 8th: Sneaking away for Love Day

XirSOFx.png
    I jumped out of bed this morning ready to make my first potion. As an Adapt spellcaster, I am now able to stir the pot via telekinesis, which I got to say really saves the arms.
    FiElrom.png
    I stirred for quite awhile and was able to finally craft an Emotional Stability potion! I took a sip to see if it was effective and my mood instantly neutralized!
    wyvxzeh.png
    I'd learned that my Repairio spell was also able to make craftables, such as potions, the highest quality possible, so I lay out my four bottles and gave them each an upgrade.
    3HiDQs6.png
    Gathering them back up, I wondered how much I could sell these for on my sales table, so I grabbed my broom and flew over to the portal and on to the Magic Realm.
    diHdAr4.png
    I found Morgyn inside and asked if spellcasters were allowed to set up sales tables and he said there was no rule against it. I set up and... waited. Nobody was coming by, which was strange, usually a sales table drew in people, I guess everybody was just busy elsewhere.
    KPs2maU.png
    I packed everything up and left to go try out the pub, surely there would be more traffic there! Except there wasn't. I was able to sell one of my potions to Grace, but that was it.
    x6f65ny.png
    What a disappointing morning. I sadly returned home and got out a notebook to write Kaori a letter as there was no cell service in this area, and suddenly realized it was Love Day!
    ap5RvaL.png
    I wasn't certain how far I could travel via teleportation, but I had to at least try. I went out back and concentrated on Kaori and her house. Holding the vision in my mind, I willed myself to go there and I could feel the surge of energy transporting me!
    JLlK59I.png
    I opened my eyes and saw I'd made it, so I excitedly ran up to their door and knocked. Kaori face when she answered the door was worth it all. I quickly wrapped her in a warm embrace and told her how much I'd missed her.
    AAjQrvK.png
    She drew back and called up the stairs, "Caroline! Come down stairs, daddy's here!" Now it was my turn to be surprised, down walked not a toddler, but a little girl!
    ld8SzKv.png
    "Carol!" I bent down to give her a hug, "You've gotten so big!". I reached in my bag and pulled out one of the roses I'd grown in my greenhouse, "Happy Love Day sweetie!" I said handing it to her.
    qGGZRbD.png
    She smiled and shyly thanked me as I turned around to Kaori, "I didn't forget you", I said drawing out another rose, "Happy Love Day to the most beautiful woman I know!".
    EwfTJtr.png
    I really wanted to kiss her right there, but I didn't want to upset her grandparents, so I resisted. Instead I asked if she wanted to go to the Festival of Light with me, and we left hand in hand after I hugged Carol one last time. I drew her to the bridge we'd kissed at during the last Festival of Light.
    A6jr1IX.png
    I pulled her close and and gave her a kiss, and asked how everything was going with her family, especially her grandfather. "Some days are better, some are worse", she said with a sigh. "I don't know how much longer he has". She looked up into my eyes, "Have you learned anything that might help him Adam?" I shook my head sadly, "No, none of the spells or potions I've learned are for health", I snorted, "In fact most of them aren't overly useful unless you like to torment others, but I'm only half way through my training, so there's still hope". She rose up on her toes and we kissed again.
    Co2fULc.png
    "I'm so glad you came", she said, "I was beginning to wonder if this separation was a mistake, It's been so hard without you nearby". "Do you want me to come back?" I asked, but she quickly shook her head. "No, finish your training, I can wait a little while longer". I leaned in for one more kiss, "I love you Kaori", I whispered in her ear, "I wish I could take you and Carol back with me, but I know you don't want to leave your grandparents at this time, and a haunted house is no place for a sick man". Kaori gave me a startled look, "Did you say a haunted house? You're living in a haunted house!". "With a temperamental wishing well out back too", I said nodding, "But it's fine, I've been in no danger so far. The worst part is the flirty and ever so talkative Guidry, but he can actually be helpful from time to time". Kaori gave me an incredulous look, but let it go. We walked over to the bon fire and snuggled together for awhile, before finding a comfortable little nook up in the bar to chat some more. "So how do you do magic?" Kaori asked, "Do you have to use a wand?".
    VePMzZl.png
    "Some choose to", I said, "I still haven't found one I like yet, so I just use my hands. The energy comes from a magical void located in what I'd assume is a pocket dimension right next to ours. They have a whole little world in there, held together by three sages who are each experts in one type of magic; Practical, Mischief, and Untamed".
    VDF4lIf.png
    Kaori nodded, but I could tell she was a little lost. "The magic was sealed into me by Morgyn, the Sage of Untamed Magic, after I collected motes of it scattered through their realm. Now with focus and intention I'm able to channel that magical energy to do certain things". I stood up and asked Kaori to stand too. "Let me demonstrate with a simple spell", I said calling up the magic to cast a Scruberoo spell.
    ThOe4T8.png
    With a look of surprise, Kaori noticed her hygiene was absolutely perfect now.
    YHX4BcJ.png
    "Wow, Adam!" she said, "That's pretty cool! What else can you do?" I explained a few more of my spells, but was beginning to feel sleepy, so we went downstairs to do a little dancing before the night was over.
    tkLYdFI.png
    Around 1pm, Kaori's grandfather came over to join us (must be one of his better days) and let us know Kaori was expected home an hour ago.
    qgsaYPo.png
    We apologized to him, and hugged each other goodnight before she left to bring him home.
    o10eGqP.png
    I went out back and focused on home, and when I opened my eyes, I was once again alone outside my front gate.
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb24.jpg
    February 24: Return to the Festival of Light!

[text]

dj-02-208.jpg
    dj-02-209.jpg
    dj-02-210.jpg
    dj-02-211.jpg
    dj-02-212.jpg
    dj-02-213.jpg
    dj-02-214.jpg

Side Note:
    As today was the Festival of Light in-game, I decided just to post some images of D.J.'s second return to Mt. Komorebi. It looked like springtime, but it was still winter. It was raining and the snow had melted. I bet D.J. was happy to get out of the snow for the evening.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top