Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How close to Simself? And if they're not YOU what do you name them??

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @mcrudd Your pets look perfect! I love how Socks has a little white patch on his forehead. :love:
    @LMLS2143 Aww that's so sweet. I love it when cats grab on to you and won't let go :heart:
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd Your pets look perfect! I love how Socks has a little white patch on his forehead. :love:
    @LMLS2143 Aww that's so sweet. I love it when cats grab on to you and won't let go :heart:

She is one of those mad cats <3 Always on her back sleeping, but cutest ever, she even says hello, she mimics her meow to sound like heeelooo. It freaks people out visiting our house LOL
    TiSzt6r.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @Elliandre It is sweet and I miss that little guy terribly, but, back when he was here it didn't feel so sweet when his claws were 2 inches deep in my arm.๐Ÿคฃ That said I wouldn't mind it today because there are few things better than the unconditional love of a pet. Excuse me, they aren't pets, they are family members, just family members who walk around on all fours, are really hairy, and have a speech impediment.
  • Options
    @mcrudd Dale hardly ever spoke, but what he would do is follow me around like a puppy. If I got up and moved to another room he'd be right behind me. If I switched chairs, he switched too. And when I first got him along with his litter mate, the entirely appropriately named Taz, Dale was standoffish, for like the first year, then out of the clear blue one morning I woke up his was snuggled in next to me and never left my side. I'm going to start bawling in a minute....
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Iโ€™m glad the Sims has been therapeutic for you @LMLS2143. Sounds like tough times.

Your pets are absolutely gorgeous (both Sim and real) @mcrudd. I took Bella into the room with me when I made the cat for Lizzy, but I didnโ€™t do the full paint mode thing. I may share a pic of her later but Iโ€™m on my tablet right nowโ€ฆ
  • Options
    @mcrudd Dale hardly ever spoke, but what he would do is follow me around like a puppy. If I got up and moved to another room he'd be right behind me. If I switched chairs, he switched too. And when I first got him along with his litter mate, the entirely appropriately named Taz, Dale was standoffish, for like the first year, then out of the clear blue one morning I woke up his was snuggled in next to me and never left my side. I'm going to start bawling in a minute....

awww my heart <3:( I am going to bawl with you. I can feel the emotion in your posts. Hugs <3
    NRowe wrote: ยป
    Iโ€™m glad the Sims has been therapeutic for you @LMLS2143. Sounds like tough times.

Your pets are absolutely gorgeous (both Sim and real) @mcrudd. I took Bella into the room with me when I made the cat for Lizzy, but I didnโ€™t do the full paint mode thing. I may share a pic of her later but Iโ€™m on my tablet right nowโ€ฆ

Thank you, Roxy was the hardest to make, she has such different patterning being a tortoiseshell breed. Socks was easy just added a few little spots here and there, Lady was ok, just her spotting on her chest took a wee bit of trial and error. I have all three of them in my gallery. I play with Socks the most because she is my real life pet, Roxy belongs to my daughter and Lady to my son :) I also gave them traits to match their real life personalities <3
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    This is my simself that my friend @lisabee2 made, its the closest its ever been, when I do play with her then she is Melanie as in my name hahahaha. But its kinda freaky playing with your simself.

YPbToX4.jpg

I wish I had her smooth skin LOL, I have 44 year old skin :D
  • Options
    Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    I always figure out their personalities and then hit random until I see a name that fits my sim
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    mcrudd wrote: ยป
    It's kinda freaky playing with your simself.

I agree on that!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    If it was fine in 3 and 2, could it be the vapid grins in sims4 making them look like deranged dolls? ๐Ÿค”

Bold of you to assume people don't grin like deranged dolls irl :lol:
    well, I for sure do :sweat_smile: so it has been real blessing to have mask on last couple of years
    so no one notices me making weird out of context faces at them constantly :lol:

have noticed tho when I'm playing strangerville sims I keep copying their facial expression too
    so that makes playing very hard cause you can't be playing games like 8D for hours :lol:
    thats just not good on your eyes
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    My Simself has my real name, and so does my dog (who, well due to pets being a nightmare in TS4 is rarely played).

My Simself was based on George Rivers and slightly looks like me. Probably taller, however.

However, with Sims based on real people; I use no more than the first name. Quite often, it's just the initials that are the same.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I have a pseudo-simself. I never used to make simselves, but when I first got the sims 4, I made a character that resembled me a bit but not completely. I don't view her as myself, but I think I enjoy playing her so much because she does share a lot of my interests and traits. Her name is Rose, which is the name I always use when interacting with people online.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I played my sim self only once but as it was impossible to create my image accurately, I found picking traits much more interesting than the looks. I also created a couple friends, and watching our behavior was kind of fun for a short while. It lasted only a couple gaming sessions, lol, I probably was not interesting enough for my own enjoyment :) This was not TS4, I can't even remember if it was TS2 or TS3.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ZestyLemonLionZestyLemonLion Posts: 21 Member
    my simself looks just like me and she's surprisingly really pretty <3
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2022
    I have had my simself for a while now, he is the one in my avatar.

I play with him sometimes, but not a lot, it's more fun to just have him show up in the background when I am playing other households.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I'm a transperson and my first Sim was created purely because of this. It might seem like creating and playing a Simself as a transperson is probably not a great idea if you're pre-transition, because the reality is so much different and that could've given me a lot of mental distress, however, I also play the MMORPG RuneScape and my character on there is male and has been for years, so I'm kinda used to a game character looking like me. Now though, I'm not interested in making a Sim look like me.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    @hely0t I wish I could hit awesome repeatedly...I tried, it didn't work.

There are times when a game can be so much more than just a game.๐Ÿค—
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    NRowe wrote: ยป
    To clarify on my subject line.
    I am making yet another new Sim. What is unique in years of play across all the iterations of the game is that I have rarely, basically never, played a Simself. So this one is going to be me, but not me; make sense?
    Indeed the Sim started off as just another new CAS and then morphed into a Sim with similar features, coloring, personality, likes/dislikes and fashion choice as me.

So, what do I name this not-quite-Simself? How close to myself do they have to be to qualify as a Simself?
    This might be getting weird already

Maybe you could use a nickname? A middle name, or perhaps an anagram using the letters of your names.
    You could throw a dart at a telephone directory if you still have one of the old paper ones.
    If it were me, I would choose a nickname for first name, with a surname that's close, but not the same - to my surname. Swap a few vowels around, something like that.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I occasionally try to play my simself with a slight alteration to the spelling of my first & last name. However, I find my simself so boring. :'(:D
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    @mcrudd Wow, you did capture them perfectly. And they are cuties!๐Ÿฅฐ

Socks reminds me so much of my little guy Dale that passed away in 2016. The only difference is Dale's white patch on his chest didn't extend down on to his tummy. That pose in particular reminds me of him so much. He was the only cat I ever shared my life with that demanded belly rubs. Once I started rubbing his belly he'd lock all four paws around my arm and wouldn't let go until he was ๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿฅž good and ready.

And if anybody is wondering about my phrase, 'Shared my life with', cat parents know, you don't own a cat, they own you. If someone tells me they own a cat I automatically assume it was a simple slip up or this is their first cat and they haven't been together long.๐Ÿคฃ

I have shared my life with my cat Sarah now almost 14 years, so I know what you mean :) She's a small cat, black short-hair, but she has a few white hairs here and there, including her whiskers. I know she's getting old, and I'm dreading the day. Its been only her and me all these years.

Anyway, to stay on topic. I've made a few simselves, from TS1 onward. Latest one in TS4 a couple years back, was planning to do a legacy. I haven't gotten very far, don't know if its the simself part or the legacy part :D She did find herself a boyfriend, big surprise for the Watcher, since he turned out to be an alien! Should be interesting times ahead for her. For names, I'll use any of mine (first or middle), maybe change them up a bit. I don't use my last name for sims, not since my early TS2 days.
  • Options
    @Kathykins I know that feeling. Dale was with me for 18 years. Never had to take him to the vet except for his shots and yearly checkups. That last checkup he passed with flying colors and three months later he was gone. All those years without any health issues I let myself take it for granted we had many more left. Indoor cats routinely live past 20, that's why it was so devastating to have to make that decision to say goodbye and not really have a chance to process what was happening. Cherish every moment of unconditional love.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2022
    I try, but I cannot do it right when I replicate a photo of a face.

Edit; I look like Betty Newbie to me, so I use her when I play Sims2, but my hair is a different texture without bangs. Lately my hair is longer, imagine Betty in a braid.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

This is going a little bit off of "The Sims". However the closest I've seen when creating a character as my 'sim-self' was probably in Star Trek Online. (Minus the being Romulan part, heh heh!) : :p
    jfwGptW.jpg

In Sims 4, this was the closest I got to a "Sim me". Though more of a teenager version of real me, lol!
    Too bad I lost that character when I lost all saves. :(
    cQks6f7.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Tried a couple of times in TS2, got quite close, but seldom played the sim. Too dull and boring.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I don't play my Sim-Self, ever. To me, I am very busy living my life in reality. No need to put a Sim through what I have been through, you know? The only thing like me, perhaps, is my Sims are imbued with my Core Values.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/