Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to deal with Vlad?

Monday night in a new game. (Lizzy Thomas for those who happened to see that post).
Vlad has turned up for his own version of the Welcome Wagon.

Should Lizzy

How to deal with Vlad? 68 votes

Ignore him?
35%
JaiSeaSuperSillySimHejixJueJueoveronStormkeepNinoosimsuzanna13aparkisonkiwi84benson2006Emo-usagi2187EvaliynEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeEdnaCloudDrakosSeashoreLiviaCaprianaBAdmiral8Q 24 votes
Rude introduction but then begrudgingly let him in?
7%
JestTruLady EmeraldEvilyn_1007ZoeyevesterBookBear 5 votes
Funny introduction and try to get to know him?
25%
SikoahGraceMi9shaoscarncisGibbs02barracuda1574MindofyLizzychicagoMilutinMujovictaydevphantasmkissEdieApplebyKathykinsColton147147ThriorIsharellignominiusrexphantlingHeathertibb 17 votes
Other. (Please exxpla8
32%
Cabelle1863cornflake88pendragon1980freindlylolDaraviMaggieMarleyMDianaSimscalipossmikamakimonparadiseplanetNikkihSERVERFRAnetney52DaWaterRatKimmerHoveraelcody6268ElliandreUmbreon12Ersa_Middleton 22 votes

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited March 2022
    Stupid tablet. Fingers slipped and posted a bit early. Sorry for the typo at the end there!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Ignore him?
    To which I add make sure the door is locked before he - or any of the three pack vamps - arrives. None of them have the break in and enter ability. My long-term procedure is always to have the door locked once night comes. For extra insurance, have a garlic farm by the front stairs.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2022
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    Kill him 😈
    he/him
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Ignore him?
    There is no such thing as a beautiful Vlad baby.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It depends on how your sim feels about vampires. Does she enjoy their company, maybe want to become one? Or does she think they are evil and need to disappear? She might consider becoming a vampire hunter, buy and study the vampire lore books to learn how to make the cure for vampirism. Then one night invite Vlad over and splash him with the cure! I have some sims who are vampire hunters, but I do enjoy playing my vampires too, both evil and good! I am planning to add the Winchester boys from Supernatural to my game to make it even more interesting! :)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Ignore him?
    Vlad almost always shows up within the first few nights of any new household I play. I think it is coded in the pack to happen so that you have an "in" with him if you want to pursue the pack features.

Unless I'm looking to embrace vampires or vampirism with the household, I just ignore him. He never returns if you ignore him on the first visit. Though there is a mod that re-enables vampire break-ins if you actually want that in your game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    I delete him and put in my own vampires.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Ignore him?
    I delete him and put in my own vampires.

I was tempted to delete Vlad, but after restarting the game after all my saves were accidentally deleted, all he did was suck plasma energy.

gIZjIHV.png

Then after that he's a vendor selling wiener schnitzel. lol! :D

OvNjOCp.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Ignore him?

@Cabelle1863 Your own vampires? B)
    Like:
    KAkjFvD.png
    6PFq1yq.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    Ignite the "kill by rabbit". Meh, ha, ha, ha :D>:):p
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    I just make sure my sim is either out of the house or awake at 11pm for the next couple of days after the phone call. If they're awake when he shows up, he'll just knock on the door and stand there. He only feeds if they're asleep and only that first time after the call ... or at least such has been the case in most of my saves.

So I guess I avoid him. :)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    Invite him in and at least try to romance him. He doesn't show up often enough on anyone's door in my saves, so whenever he does I try to do it with my Sims if they're single (sometimes I do it even if they're not). It always fails, but Vlad is a catch, such an icon, it's worth to try. ;)
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member

Vlad and L. Faba had kids in one of my saves - the children were....interesting.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    I just use the disallow vampires option on the front door.
    Ignore him?
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Vlad and L. Faba had kids in one of my saves - the children were....interesting.

Honestly? I would love to see that! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    In my games it has never mattered what I do, because he never does anything anyway: ignore him, and he'll stand at the door til 4 in the morning then leave. Invite him in, and he'll watch TV or play video games, chat, hiss a few times, and putter around even if my Sim goes to bed while he's there, and still leave around 4. They may as well not even be vampires.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2022
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    I, most often, cheat and revert him to being a normal, boring human. I do this with all the vampires.

Quite often, afterward, he ends up getting picked for some boring, low-paying job as an NPC. I think that's torture enough without getting into some mods that allow one to do some seriously evil stuff to Sims.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    Apparently you can train dogs to attack Sims. So I've been wondering if I can get a dog to attack Vlad when he shows up.. I haven't tried it yet though.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    I've been doing mostly rags to riches lately, and it appears Vlad may not be aware of the purpose of tents.

Other times, if my sim happens to have a bed AND a door: Disallow Vampires.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    Depends if you enjoy playing vampires if you do engage with him. I don’t like vampires in my game and only bought the pack for bb items so delete all the pre-made vampires.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    Step 1: Build up you Vampire Lore skill
    Step 2: Learn the Ultimate Vampire Cure
    Step 3: Mix said cure at a bar
    Step 4: Throw it in his face
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Other. (Please exxpla8
    I chose other, because it depends on the family I am playing, and my gameplay with them.
    Some families I just ignore him when he comes, and keep my doors locked to him.
    I let him come in a house to turn a couple of my Sims.
    I did have a female vampire flirt with him, before marrying another vampire. He is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about that one.
    Another way I made him go away was have a male vampire Sim flirt with him, I have never seen Vlad leave the area so fast. he never returned to that family, either.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Friendly intro, usually, which he doesn't like. But he won't be grumpy for long, I almost always have music playing and he loves to dance.

Other times I can't be bothered with him, so I lock the door. Once, he stood outside for hours, during monsoon season in Sulani. It was pouring outside, and there he was. Soaking wet. I almost took pity on the guy. He's quite persistent.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Ignore him?
    To which I add make sure the door is locked before he - or any of the three-pack vamps - arrives. None of them have the break-in and enter ability. My long-term procedure is always to have the door locked once night comes. For extra insurance, have a garlic farm by the front stairs.
    Yup! I do this all time I play the new games cause make sure that the door is locked, Cause I'm not going to deal with Mr pain in the neck, Or the rest of but Celeb he can be my sims baby, daddy, I feel like it. XD

[img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr