Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Batuu refresh ideas

I know JTB isn't the most popular pack in the world, but I personally enjoy it. And furthermore, I've come up with some ideas that I'd like to see:

The ability to face Rey and Kylo in proper lightsaber duels. At the moment, you are limited to friendly sparring with Rey in terms of crossing sabers. If you want to enact your fantasies of being a great hero of the Resistance, or being a great villain of the First Order, or (if you dislike the sequels) getting some catharsis by subduing the replacements of Luke and/or Vader, tough luck. While I understand not being able to KILL them, I'd still like to be able to have an actual winnable lightsaber challenge with them.

Double-bladed lightsabers. Darth Maul is cool. And his lightsaber is cool. I want to be cool too.

A number of Mandalorian-themed items. Hey, The Mandalorian was a cool show, and the Book of Boba Fett is running, so why not? To be specific:

Some Mandalorian armor for CAS. We have a Boba Fett costume, but that's it. I'd like something that has multiple color options, at least.

As an alternative to lightsabers, some beskar-forged weapons. For those who don't know, beskar is a lightsaber-resistant metal used by Mandalorians for their weapons and armor. Some swords (using the animations used for single-bladed lightsabers) and spears (using the animations for double-bladed lightsabers) would be cool to see.

Comments

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    What about Force powers skill tree with abilities like Force Lightning and Force Choke, also bring in the Darksaber, for those that don't know the Darksaber was invented by Tarre Vizsla the first Mandalorian to be a Jedi, it's the same weapon in the Mandalorian aka the weapon that Din Djarin earned by defeating Moff Gideon, I'm kind of disappointed that the Black kyber crystal didn't give me a black lightsaber had this whole Mandalorian thing planned out.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    What about Force powers skill tree with abilities like Force Lightning and Force Choke, also bring in the Darksaber, for those that don't know the Darksaber was invented by Tarre Vizsla the first Mandalorian to be a Jedi, it's the same weapon in the Mandalorian aka the weapon that Din Djarin earned by defeating Moff Gideon, I'm kind of disappointed that the Black kyber crystal didn't give me a black lightsaber had this whole Mandalorian thing planned out.

Force powers would be cool too. Though I almost feel like that qualifies as adding a new occult.

I doubt we'll ever be allowed to get the Darksaber ourselves, but perhaps Din Djarin could become an NPC we could interact and duel with? (Acting as a neutral counterpart to Rey and Kylo. His "force powers" could come from a certain little green friend who would no doubt show up with him.)

As for the Black Kyber crystal... yeah, they should make it give a black blade. (Yes, I know the lore reason for it giving us a red blade. I don't care. It's dumb.)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I haven't downloaded this pack yet but I feel like The Sims team has completely abandoned it and don't plan on coming back to it. This was the least voted and they still made it only for it to be the worst received pack they've made. :/
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I love this pack. I have so much fun playing it. I'd really like C-3P0 added as a robot. A new neighborhood added to the world with lots to live on. New CAS & BB objects especially hair and furniture. More training and dueling options with other Sims who have lightsabers. Secret hidden lots would be fun. Unique harvestable. I would really love the planes to be placeable on lots so my Sims can work on upgrading them and flying them on missions, similar to the rockets in the games. More missions, aspirations would be great. I really hope they add more to this pack one day.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would love a refresh! There’s potential but we need more options, there’s not much to do at Batuu. The missions can get repetitive. How about shop stalls in the rabbit holes so you meet an actual Sim and can learn history or Star Wars lore. More seating.
    The forest where the rebels are is very pretty and open but empty of anything to actually do! Plus nowhere to sit!
    I’d love the droids to keep their memory at home and not become some remote control toy.

I know we can’t touch the Disney lots but what about a free build zone somewhere with even five lots would be good.

Yesterday I played Batuu and did what Lil Simsie done to the First Order and turned it into a blue suburban with pink kitchen! 😂😂😂.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I would suspect due to the extra hurdle that brand licensing presents, this would probably be the last pack I'd expect to see a refresh.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so would love for my Alien sims to have either the Jedi or Seth powers or better yet both. Also, I would love for Batuu to have about 5 or 9 residential lots. The original S4 Alien powers to work in Batuu. And the Batuu uniforms can be any outfits you want. Furthermore, I want Chew, R2-D2 & C3P0 to be playable sims. Finally, I want Yoda to actually be in the game. ;)
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I don't have JTB and I don't plan on getting it, but if we do I really think we need a Get To Work refresh first. Sims Aliens should work right before Disney aliens get extra sparkle.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I only have some CAS wishes for an update. I would want the necklace to be separated from the top, and the basic shirts to be separated from the vests, with a version of rolled up sleeves. That planet has three suns, so sims deserve the chance to run around like they’re melting in the heat. Plus I specifically want to recreate the IRL costumes, which don’t get worn with that many accessories.
  • Options
    Warning I'm going to go off topic, but why couldn't Batuu be based on EA's best Star Wars game SW:TOR, It still amazes me how a 14 year old game puts both Battlefront and Squadrons to shame, sorry for rant.

Back to topic I think Journey to Batuu could have covered more races like the Chiss (Thawn's species), Wookies, Trandoshans (Think of Bossk the Lizard Bounty Hunter from Empire Strikes Back) also wish Zabrak Sims weren't bald, Iridonian (Human Looking Good Guys) Zabraks are usually seen with hair while the Dathomirian Zabraks like Darth Maul and Savage Opress are usually bald.
  • Options
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I haven't downloaded this pack yet but I feel like The Sims team has completely abandoned it and don't plan on coming back to it. This was the least voted and they still made it only for it to be the worst received pack they've made. :/

I suspect EA wanted to add something Star Wars related to the Sims 4 before their exclusivity deal with Disney expired.
    I would love a refresh! There’s potential but we need more options, there’s not much to do at Batuu. The missions can get repetitive. How about shop stalls in the rabbit holes so you meet an actual Sim and can learn history or Star Wars lore. More seating.
    The forest where the rebels are is very pretty and open but empty of anything to actually do! Plus nowhere to sit!
    I’d love the droids to keep their memory at home and not become some remote control toy.

I know we can’t touch the Disney lots but what about a free build zone somewhere with even five lots would be good.

Yesterday I played Batuu and did what Lil Simsie done to the First Order and turned it into a blue suburban with pink kitchen! 😂😂😂.

Maybe they could put a "Beskar Forge" in the forest?
    greydonn wrote: »
    I don't have JTB and I don't plan on getting it, but if we do I really think we need a Get To Work refresh first. Sims Aliens should work right before Disney aliens get extra sparkle.

Feels a little weird to say this, since I'm the one who started this discussion, but JTB isn't my most wanted refresh either. I just had some ideas one day and wanted to let them out before I forget. Also, the idea of Beskar weapons is something that could scratch my medieval itch. (Though admittedly, I'd still rather have an actual medieval-themed pack.)
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    I like the name of Beskar Forge! 😎

I kind the idea of some of clothes separated as well.

Also the idea of Bossk is interesting. Perhaps becoming a lizard man could be the new occult? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

Thinking about it, what about a currency exchange so your Simoleons become Credits. I never understood why there’s two separate funds.

Nancy Landgraab is filthy rich and taking her to Batuu and her starting with 200 credits, barely able to afford anything good at the start is just weird! 😂.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I still think that JtB was meant to be released at Star Wars Celebration that year, but the Pandemic scuttled that (That weekend was also the 1 year anniversary for Galaxy's edge at Disney Land, so the cross promotion makes sense.) It was always a $20 advert for Galaxy's Edge.

Still, I agree that adding Force Powers and, with the popularity of the Mandalorian, definitely at least some new swatches for the Boba Fett Mandalorian armor would be nice.

And always more mix and match options for clothing. Always a good thing, imo.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I like journey to batuu but don't see a refresh happening due to the brand licensing with Disney and this packs' huge impopularity.

What could be improved:
    - allow us to create batuu aliens when planning batuu outfits. Give us access to all cas assets, even if it is through a cheat
    - make the alien skin overlays cover the entire body, and move the alien hats to a separate category where skin details and tattoos are so they stick permanently to the sim
    - add in a jedi/force skill
    - allow droids to act like droids back home
    - remove restrictions on pets and occult lifestates on batuu
    - add in npc of characters from the original trilogy

Other needed improvements like an actual alien lifestate, humanoid droids like C3PO or more lots would be very useful feel like they are beyond the scope of a refresh
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I still think that JtB was meant to be released at Star Wars Celebration that year, but the Pandemic scuttled that (That weekend was also the 1 year anniversary for Galaxy's edge at Disney Land, so the cross promotion makes sense.) It was always a $20 advert for Galaxy's Edge.

Still, I agree that adding Force Powers and, with the popularity of the Mandalorian, definitely at least some new swatches for the Boba Fett Mandalorian armor would be nice.

I suppose it can be seen as an advert. But this advert allowed me to experience it digitally while there is no way I ever get there in person in real life. So it is a nice cheaper alternative.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Definitely mandalorian related stuff I’m surprised none was added with how popular it is at the moment. Also I like the idea of a force skill or skill tree to become either Jedi or sith. I’m surprised they didn’t add more npc ie luke, han, leia etc
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I suppose it can be seen as an advert. But this advert allowed me to experience it digitally while there is no way I ever get there in person in real life. So it is a nice cheaper alternative.

Oh, I agree. $20 for the game pack vs $2000+ for a trip to Disney is much better for the budget
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    netney52 wrote: »
    Definitely mandalorian related stuff I’m surprised none was added with how popular it is at the moment. Also I like the idea of a force skill or skill tree to become either Jedi or sith. I’m surprised they didn’t add more npc ie luke, han, leia etc

Unfortunately, Batuu is based on a park that canonically takes place between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. So Leia is the only one of those who could plausibly show up.

Though this reminds me of a mod I wish someone would make. (A Galactic Civil War era version of Batuu.)
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »

Unfortunately, Batuu is based on a park that canonically takes place between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. So Leia is the only one of those who could plausibly show up.

Though this reminds me of a mod I wish someone would make. (A Galactic Civil War era version of Batuu.)

Oh I didn’t know that. I’m fairly new to the Star Wars franchise and so far know the prequel films, clone wars (which I’m currently watching), solo film, rouge one, Mandalorian and have once seen the originals and sequels. However I do admit I can’t remember much from the sequels as I found them meh. I feel like I’ve fallen down a Star Wars rabbit hole as it’s so interconnected like the marvel films. However I digress I would have preferred Batuu to have the original characters rather then ray and kylo ren as npc’s as this is more iconic Star Wars. If I was to be really picky I would love anakin, Padme, qui gon, obi-wan and Ashoka but that will never happen plus many more from the prequel/clone wars era which that and mandalorian are my favourite eras of the franchise.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Oh I didn’t know that. I’m fairly new to the Star Wars franchise and so far know the prequel films, clone wars (which I’m currently watching), solo film, rouge one, Mandalorian and have once seen the originals and sequels. However I do admit I can’t remember much from the sequels as I found them meh. I feel like I’ve fallen down a Star Wars rabbit hole as it’s so interconnected like the marvel films. However I digress I would have preferred Batuu to have the original characters rather then ray and kylo ren as npc’s as this is more iconic Star Wars. If I was to be really picky I would love anakin, Padme, qui gon, obi-wan and Ashoka but that will never happen plus many more from the prequel/clone wars era which that and mandalorian are my favourite eras of the franchise.

I remember when Starkiller was Canon, He was one of the few Siths lords that wasn't a mindless Berserker or a complete Psychopath, just a guy that did Vader's bidding and fell in love with his pilot, unfortunately Disney got rid of his canon status, but to me he's more canonical than Rey.

Also if you want more Star Wars content you should check out EA's 14 year old MMORPG Star Wars the Old Republic, The Old Republic era is set 300 years after KOTOR I & II since Revan's granddaughter Satele Shan is the Grandmaster of the Jedi order and it's also set 3,600 years before the Original Trilogy.
  • Options

I remember when Starkiller was Canon, He was one of the few Siths lords that wasn't a mindless Berserker or a complete Psychopath, just a guy that did Vader's bidding and fell in love with his pilot, unfortunately Disney got rid of his canon status, but to me he's more canonical than Rey.

Also if you want more Star Wars content you should check out EA's 14 year old MMORPG Star Wars the Old Republic, The Old Republic era is set 300 years after KOTOR I & II since Revan's granddaughter Satele Shan is the Grandmaster of the Jedi order and it's also set 3,600 years before the Original Trilogy.

Only a granddaughter? After 300 years? I think she's further descended than that.

On another note, I just realized: I'd also like for there to be functional stun blasters. (Probably too much to ask for lethal blasters.) That or a pack that adds laser tag.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Other than everything already mentioned my biggest need for a JTB refresh is a seperate lightsaber skill that unlocks via a "Realize you're force sensitive" side quest. Sims without that skill should still be able to fight using their fitness skill, but should be at a four point disadvantage.

A somewhat silly wish is more swatches for the droids so that I can create my green droid OC in the sims.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love this pack! If I would dream freely it would be a livable world.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    since it's based on the parks, maybe they'll add the halcyon as a residential/rental? (the new "galactic starcruiser" hotel/roleplay/escape room)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    since it's based on the parks, maybe they'll add the halcyon as a residential/rental? (the new "galactic starcruiser" hotel/roleplay/escape room)

If even half of what I hear about Galactic Starcruiser is true, they might have to make a new pack to do it justice. At minimum, the Halcyon would have to be a new neighborhood, not just a lot.

Edit: To clarify, a Galactic Starcruiser themed refresh could work, but they’d have to do more than just add a lot, unless they made the Halcyon a special lot like Sixam or the Get to Work locations.
    Post edited by Cybersbe on
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Every time I read this thread I just want to watch all the star wars movies again ...