Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• vickiesimsvickiesims Posts: 20 Member
    This morning my poor sim had her two children taken away from her, I would feel bad but it was honestly kind of funny. I had them living in the new world Tartosa, and for some reason, the toddlers (twins) would not stay on the home lot. They kept wandering around the neighborhood and I didn't realize it...by the time I found them their needs were red and they were stinky. I tried to have my sim try to wrangle them back home but the social worker was already there to take them. It was kind of hilarious, every time she'd bring them home... I would have her go make food for her kids, but then they would immediately wander back off the lot into the void of Tartosa while she was cooking xD
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I'm sorry your Twins got taken away. But you show remarkable resilience. Me? I would either roll back a save or take my Sim into cas.fulleditmode and create another set of twins. A trick on keeping their needs up. Serve the meal (break., lunch or dinner) and call them to the meal. They are perfectly able to grab a serving from the kitchen counter or the table. Did you get the nasty note? My Sims were told if they ever thought about becoming parents again, to get a goldfish, instead. :open_mouth: That stung.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • vickiesimsvickiesims Posts: 20 Member
    Yes, that note had me dying! I thought about rolling back to a previous save, but I decided to go with it to keep the drama interesting. That's a great tip though, I will definitely keep that in mind if she has any other kids. Thank you! o:)<3
    edited March 2022
    When Things Went Viral an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

Erik sat at the diningroom table, his breakfast untouched as he scrolled through his phone. His attention, riveted. “Erik,” Louise said, She put a deft hand to his forehead and then his cheek. “Honey, what’s wrong? Why aren’t you eating?”
    “You know that live stream I took of my performance the other night? At the contest? It went viral. My Simstagram is blowing up. I’m being congratulated by Sims I don’t even know. What’s it mean when somebody says you’re hot?”

“Well, that’s actually quite a compliment. You’re a very good-looking Sim, and being hot is equivalent to handsome times ten. As in very desirable.”
    “Huh, I don’t see it, personally,” Aaron said, placing his breakfast on the table, sitting in front of it.
    “Well, Mr. Grumpy-pants, good morning to you, too.” Erik continued to scroll the text downward as he spoke. “Keep your eyes on your waffles, lest the pepper jumps out of the mill and takes a swim in that deep pool of syrup. Never mind, I think your waffles have already drowned.”
    “Uh, oh, hey Mom, have you ever heard of Orion Entertainment, Limited?”
    “The name sounds familiar, hang on.” Louise took her own phone out of her pants pocket, and began to scroll until she found the name. “Ah, here they are. They’re listed as a high-ranking Music booking agency. I knew I’d heard the name somewhere. Why?”
    “I have been invited to hold a concert.” Erik held out his phone for his mother to see. “They’ve got me booked for tonight at the Music in the Park stage downtown. They want me to hold a concert. Do you believe that? Me, they want me! I win one little contest …Can I go?”

“We’ll have to talk it over with your father, of course, and you’ll have to have your homework done.”
    “I’m scheduled to perform tonight — Dad will contact his lawyers and it could be weeks before we hear back from them. Can’t I just do this one performance and then see? Please, I’ve waited my whole life for this.”
    “Don’t be so dramatic, Erik, “ Louise said.
    "But, Mom, you're a famous Artiste. Don't you remember how it felt when they offered you your very first Showing?"
    "Yes, actually, I do. I’ll tell you what, your Dad hasn’t left for work, yet. I’ll just go ask him. Don’t have a fit of apoplexy, he may well agree with you.”
    “Thanks, Mom, you’re the best.”

Aaron looked up from his mostly devoured breakfast. “Toady.”
    “What did you just call me?”
    “Sycophant. Flatterer.”
    “I know what the word means. Sheesh. You know what? Why don’t you grow up.” Call me a toady. Erik got out of his chair and took his untouched breakfast to the kitchen. He thought about dumping it out, but that would be wasteful. He covered it with plastic wrap, plate and all, instead, and placed it in the refrigerator. Should he come home from school hungry he would eat it then.

For now, he was a jumbled mixture of excitement and nerves. The Karaoke contest was his first time performing before anyone other than family. He remembered the sheer panic that set in the moment they called his name to perform. He had hours to go before tonight’s concert — should his parents grant him permission, that is. He just hoped he could learn to breathe between now and then.
    Erik got his homework completed, and even finished the Extra Credit, just moments before his father walked through the front door. “Hi, Dad,” he said.
    “Homework done?”
    Erik nodded, “even the Extra Credit, which I normally don’t bother with.”
    “Is that what you’re wearing?”
    “Come again?”
    “This is your big night, so I was wondering if that’s what you plan to wear?”
    “You mean I can give the concert?”
    “I checked out the company myself. They’re legit and come highly recommended. I see no reason to hold you back.” Erik gave his father a bear hug.
    “I can’t believe this. Thank you so much.” He stopped short of telling Joseph he was the best dad ever, for fear of ridicule. Already Aaron’s words rang in his head. Echo Chamber, hm, might make for a good song

The stage down at the public park renamed Music in the Park, was fairly new. Erik and his family arrived early enough to go through a Sound-Check. He was surprised to see the live audio engineers running around, with purpose. Once Erik arrived they had him sing into the microphone, while one engineer gave Erik a pair of earbuds. “Let me know if the mix sounds right to you,” he instructed.
    “Oh, okay. Is it alright if I find this weird?”
    “It’s a living.”
    Erik smiled and offered his hand. “I’m Erik.”
    “I’m Chad, pleased to meet you. I’ve just got to say the fact the Orion has taken you on is a big, big, deal. You sure must be hot stuff. At any rate break a leg.”
    “Thanks.”

Erik was fascinated with the entire process. "Okay, you’re on, Mr. Cantrell,” the Stage Manager said. Rarely did Orion Entertainment, Limited use Opening Acts, or Warm-Up acts. Basically, it was their philosophy to put the would be star out there, first, to either falter or win over the audience. Erik took another sip of water. Breathed in and out, slowly, to help calm his nerves. He left the wings of the stage, and found himself captured by a spotlight, it also bounced off of the lenses in his glasses. He blinked his eyes several times before his sight truly returned. Stepping up to the microphone, he smiled, “Good Evening, everyone. My name is Erik. Erik Cantrell. I thank all of you for coming out to see me tonight. The first song I would like to perform for you is called “Funky Sims.”

With that, Erik kicked off his Show. Picking up the microphone, he launched into that first song. The audience was very kind, and again, he was energized by their enthusiasm.
    PLFRqFd.jpg

The night was successful. Erik was on fire. His Simstagram blew up again. The next day he was invited by SimsBeat Magazine, to take part in a photoshoot. “This is nuts. They want me on the cover of a magazine!” Erik said.
    “Get used to it, son,” Louise said. “You are on your way.”

Since Erik wasn’t able to go down to the magazine’s studio, they sent a crew to take the pictures. They met him outside of his house on the sidewalk. Immediately, he was surrounded by women with brushes.
    Erik tried not to cough with the cloud of powder that surrounded him. "Oh, sorry, I don't need so much powder. I was just trying to knock the shine off of your face."
    47W7q4H.jpg

"Can you give us a plank?" The photographer said.
    "Sure, like this?" Erik stretched out on the sidewalk.
    "That's great, now can you give us a thumbs up?"
    "Okay, but can you snap the shot soon?"
    "That's terrific. Hold. Got it!

In0K95d.jpg

After the crew left, satisfied with the captured images, Erik remained outside, transfixed, really. A large yellow star hovered over his head as if to anoint him. In another moment, his phone pinged several times in succession. Glancing at his Simstagram Account, he was informed that he was now a Notable Newcomer.
    FlvQpsE.jpg

Erik was glad he had a firm routine of immediately upon returning home from school every day, he did his homework. This helped ready him for the multiple concerts and photoshoots that came his way. He also managed to find time to sneak off to Taygeta Studios upon their invitation. He cut his very first album, using one of the images captured at his concert as the CD cover.
    Just Erik, his first album
    V4YLBUX.jpg

After the another concert, again Erik was caught in a swirl of sparkling lights. As before, a star hovered over his head. He was now a Rising Star.
    7qHIISC.jpg

Okay, this is cool I could get used to this
    0kcTz65.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    Redid my kitchen today :smiley:

03-04-22-10-29-19-PM.png
    e63f747dfeddc64098a140b4b4ed2902.jpg
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Remodeling Zalia Shores and Nautilus Look

Zalia Shores

This is the home of my primary sims. The Elementals that act as Pillars of the Worlds reside here.

Calum and Arihi's Lore
    Calum is a natural born Merman and descendant of the Sapphire Queen even though he doesn't have a Blue Tail. Because he doesn't have a blue tail, he's not a true heir to the Sapphire Tail Royal Family. He carries the gene for the Blue Tail though.

Arihi is the Elemental Matriarch that became a half-mermaid so she could join Calum in the sea. She's the highest authority among the Elementals in the Mortal Worlds. Because Calum is a descendent of the Sapphire Queen, Arihi and Calum's Twin Sons inherited their Blue Tails. Dylan and Zephyr have Blue Tails because of the combination of an Elemental Mother and Merman Father.

Dylan and Zephyr's Lore
    Dylan is the Water Elemental and Spirit of the Sea. Dylan is the spirit that reigns over the seas that connect the worlds. He can sense everything within the water and the seas, and every world is touched by water. Because the seas, rivers, and lakes connect the worlds, Dylan is the Pillar that Binds the Worlds Together. He can sense when a world reconnects with the others. He can also sense disturbances that threaten to separate a world from the others.

Dylan's name means Son of the Wave. He's a merman and an elemental, but his merman identity is his stronger identity.

Zephyr is the Air Elemental and Spirit of the Sky. Zephyr is the spirit that reigns over the skies above the worlds. He can see everything that resides below the sky. Only storms from a world severed from the others can block his sight. Zephyr watches over the worlds. Because Zephyr watches over the worlds, he's the Pillar that Protects the Worlds. His sight makes him a source of knowledge. He can see through deception, including Alien Disguises.

Zephyr's name means Western Wind. He's a merman and an elemental, but his merman identity is his stronger identity.

Dylan and Zephyr are identical twin mermen with an extremely strong twin bond. Dylan is the Creative one, and Zephyr is the Genius one.

Ember's Lore
    Ember is the Fire Elemental and Spirit of the Volcano. Ember is the spirit that reigns over the hearth, the home, and heart of the worlds. She is connected to paranormal activity that can plague a home. Ember is the Pillar of Spirits, a bridge between the Netherworld and Mortal World.

Ember's name means Dying Coals, and she was born during one of the coldest winters. She's a spellcaster and an elemental, but her spellcaster identity is her stronger identity. Ember is often involved in home related activities like cooking and paranormal investigation. Her aspiration is to open a successful restaurant.

Jade and Juniper's Lore
    Jade is an Earth Elemental and the Spirit of the Land. Jade is strongly connected to the Moon and draws power from it. She reigns over the night and death. Jade is the Pillar of the World's End.

Jade's name comes from the Jade Stone. Jade represents one half of the Journey Humans call Life. She's a vampire and an elemental, but her vampiric identity is her stronger identity.

Juniper is an Earth Elemental and the Spirit of Plants. Juniper is strongly connected to the Sun and draws power from it. He reigns over the day and the Vitality of Life. Juniper is the Pillar of the World's Beginning.

Juniper's name comes from the Juniper Tree. Juniper represents one half of the Journey Humans call Life. He's a merman and an elemental, but his merman identity is his stronger identity.

Jade and Juniper are fraternal twins. Juniper often bails Jade out of Life-Threatening situations. Jade is a thrill seeker that takes risks in the sun and other dangerous activities.

Each Room in Zalia Shores represents the Elementals and their Elements.

Calum and Arihi's Rooms
    51918663006_a0ccfabfeb_b.jpg

51918762228_d18fad8f36_h.jpg

51917696657_ff264a6d0c_b.jpg

51917696647_72dda3bc01_b.jpg

Dylan and Zephyr's Rooms
    51918992484_aca4a2fd7c_b.jpg

51918663056_5ee1b405ec_b.jpg

51917696682_4a3ec2d369_b.jpg

Ember's Rooms
    51917696672_267566185e_b.jpg

51917696362_fc4f33e882_h.jpg

Jade and Juniper's Rooms
    51918663071_e069e4fe47_b.jpg

51919282735_fa214054b1_h.jpg

The Kitchen and Dining Room
    51918762223_9e5c203886_b.jpg

51918992729_670c59df67_b.jpg

The Shrine to the Elementals
    51918762203_85c8572920_b.jpg

The Outside
    51918762188_601122f4ec_b.jpg

51917696587_5dedce7aa6_b.jpg

51918761893_fe83f9abed_b.jpg

The Nautilus Look

Cecelia and Sefina's Lore
    Cecelia and Sefina are the wives of Dylan and Zephyr. Cecelia was cursed to a mortal life and chose to leave Sulani so that Dylan wouldn't live to see her die. Before she left, Dylan and Cecelia had a night of passion that resulted in Cecelia becoming pregnant with twins. Upon Zephyr's request, Sefina left Sulani with Cecelia to look after the former mermaid. Cecelia wanted to protect her sons from the Darkfins that hunted her husband and his brother. Dylan wanted Cecelia to stay, but Cecelia was determined to leave. Dylan and Zephyr often visit their wives and never miss a chance to spend time with them. Dylan didn't like Cecelia's Living conditions so he referred Gui to Cecelia so that she could improve her living conditions.

The house is small because it's the start of a new Legacy. Most of the rooms are in one room.
    51918992904_d7c29e5220_h.jpg

51918992899_2c13bebb51_h.jpg

51918762458_8772be1eac_b.jpg

51919282975_44dacbc9ef_b.jpg
    edited March 2022
    vickiesims wrote: »
    This morning my poor sim had her two children taken away from her, I would feel bad but it was honestly kind of funny. I had them living in the new world Tartosa, and for some reason, the toddlers (twins) would not stay on the home lot. They kept wandering around the neighborhood and I didn't realize it...by the time I found them their needs were red and they were stinky. I tried to have my sim try to wrangle them back home but the social worker was already there to take them. It was kind of hilarious, every time she'd bring them home... I would have her go make food for her kids, but then they would immediately wander back off the lot into the void of Tartosa while she was cooking xD

@vickiesims I encountered something similar in Newcrest. Barnabus and Wade were wandering around the yard. I find that a Stereo or dollhouse is good for keeping toddlers close. They autonomously interact with those items.
    I'm sorry your Twins got taken away. But you show remarkable resilience. Me? I would either roll back a save or take my Sim into cas.fulleditmode and create another set of twins. A trick on keeping their needs up. Serve the meal (break., lunch or dinner) and call them to the meal. They are perfectly able to grab a serving from the kitchen counter or the table. Did you get the nasty note? My Sims were told if they ever thought about becoming parents again, to get a goldfish, instead. :open_mouth: That stung.

@GalacticGal Maybe it's because I play on console, but the game struggles with this in my game. However, they do come to get food when they are called to a meal.
    @haneul Did one of your wild toddlers ever run around a neighborhood. I swear I've seen a post about that a while back.
    edited March 2022
    Star Maker, an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

Orion Entertainment, Limited, was certainly living up it its reputation. Erik couldn’t get over the whirlwind he seemed to be caught up in. Concert, after concert, after concert. He was certainly in demand. On the other side of things Taygeta Studios kept calling wanting to know when he could lay down additional tracks. Basically, his initial album sold incredibly well and they were looking for a second Erik Cantrell album on this list. Erik, his homework completed hours ago, just sat on the edge of the pool, dangling his big feet in the coolness of the water.

“Hey, something bugging you?” Joey said, as he sat next to his older brother, on the coping of the swimming pool. “You seem kinda down, or something.”
    “Just a little nervous over what’s next, is all.”
    “What part? Erik, you’re living your dream. You’ve got a growing number of followers on your Simstagram, concerts nearly every night, magazines constantly begging you to be on the cover of their next month’s edition. And not all of them are Teen mags, you know.”
    “Don’t forget about the albums I’m being pressured to record.”
    “I don’t get you,” Joey shook his head. “All of your young life you’ve talked about being a somebody in the world of music. You seem well on your way. I’ve stood among those in your audience, they hold you in awe. And, that audience appears to be getting bigger with each event.”
    “In some cases, I’ve had additional concert dates added to the original line-up.”
    “There, see? So, tell me, what’s really bugging you.”
    “Doesn’t it strike you just how fast this is happening?” Erik said. “I mean, have you not heard the statements from some quarters that I’m merely a splash in the pan? That I’ll just end up fizzling out?”
    “Well, sure, there’s always going to be some naysayers. That doesn’t make it true. Stop brooding over the portends and just enjoy the ride. If you don’t forget who you are and how you got here, you’ll be fine.”
    “Thanks, Joe. I knew I could count on your cool, steady sense of logic. You’re going to be a great physician one day. I have faith in you.” Erik winked. “I better go get ready for the next round. Tonight’s Meet & Greet.”
    “Well, there’s the heart of it,” Joey said, as he got up and headed indoors. “Stage fright, without a stage!”

The small bar down in Brindleton Bay was located on a pier just over the bay. When his parents suggested it was time for a Meet & Greet, Erik felt a tad queasy. Being on a stage gazing at the audience from a safe distance was one thing, to actually mingle with them was another. He never minded signing autographs and was always quick to thank his fans for being his fans, so he was baffled at his sense of unease. “Erik,” his mother said. Louise was a Proper Star on her own. “Just be yourself. Shake a few hands, sign a few autographs, pose for pictures. Really, it’s not so hard. But, this is the time for such. Speak to the Paparazzi, too. Answer their questions and be honest. You’re a very charming young Sim. I’m very proud of you.”
    The place was packed by the time the Cantrell family arrived. Erik began taking deep, slow breaths. Showtime
    X0LZNBO.jpg

After a time, scoffing at his own reservations, he realized just what nice Sims his fans really were and he relaxed. In some ways he found it exciting that they wanted to have contact with him. He did his best to not lose himself in it. To stay as real as he could. Erik even came to sense they liked him for it. At least the posts on his Simstagram later, led him to think so.
    bLRJqIB.jpg

Even the Paparazzi, whom he had heard some not-so-favorable things about, appeared to be nicer than first thought. Never listen to rumors, he reminded himself. He even realized he liked some of them, too. They asked sensible questions, probed for answers but didn't get too invasive, at the same time.
    LqOjBe1.jpg

Like his fans, they were genuinely trying to discover just who Erik was. And he was okay with that, if not flattered.
    fcGLufx.jpg

By the end of the evening, Erik was rewarded §5000.00 and a gold trophy, which he could purchase online for only §1000.00. He also was bumped up another notch in fame. He was now a B-Lister. Erik nearly grew dizzy. He was well-aware a Sim considered an overnight success, generally didn't do it overnight, but rather put in years upon years of hard work and playing in dingy backstreet venues. This is happening so fast.
    uigE27p.jpg

After another equally successful Meet & Greet, in which Erik was enticed by a very attractive fan to kiss her, Joseph grew concerned. Even though Erik chose only to kiss the Sim on the cheek, shyly at that, Joseph pulled him aside when they returned home. The others all filed into the house, leaving Joseph alone with Erik.
    "After tonight's event, I believe it's time for a certain talk. "
    "Talk? About what, Dad?"
    “The Talk.”
    Erik blanched, “You mean about woohoo? Dad, do we have to do this now, that’s so humiliating. All I did was kiss her on the cheek.”
    “Yes, I saw that. I was keeping a close watch. Son, you’re growing in popularity at an alarming rate. Fans are bound to start throwing themselves at you. You have to be prepared. Some may even slip their room keys into your pocket. I just don’t want you to find yourself on the wrong side of a paternity suit. I was once your age …”
    “Oh, here it comes,”
    0xArj3Z.jpg

AEoCJSX.jpg

The fall was a warm one, thus far, Erik's agenda, full. He had another string of concerts, all thanks to Orion Entertainment, Limited.
    The Corporation was certainly living up to their reputation. They were often referred to as the Star-Makers, and Erik was beginning to realize just how fortunate he was they had taken notice of him.
    UR1igEM.jpg
    7ZZg2qK.jpg

PY8ZpSX.jpg
    Loj3LVi.jpg

Finally, as they drew near the Thanksgiving Holiday, the weather cooled down. Another round of concerts came Erik’s way. Again, the demand was so great. Crowds couldn't get enough of him. Venue after venue were sold out, he sometimes had to play two concerts on Saturdays, just to help fill the need, as a result. The weather had turned to a more Fall-like coolness. Despite the stage lights, which were often kept low for ambiance, he dressed more warmly.
    JyyVrnj.jpg
    FdVzlI7.jpg
    c30mePL.jpg

FuFIASJ.jpg

When he got home, again the now familiar sensation ran through him. The swirl of lights, and a star hovering over his head.
    A8nh05F.jpg
    Erik was now a Proper Celebrity. Just like that.

Erik admitted he was exhausted. One late afternoon when Joseph returned from work, he took one look at his second son and said, “Come with me.” Erik did as he was told. He followed his father out to the Midnight blue and silver hovercraft. They headed over to NewCrest to the Spa.
    The two entered a locker room. "Change out of your clothes and put them in here," Joseph said, as he began to peal out of the suit he wore to work.
    "You want me to strip, right here in a public place?"
    "Here," Joseph said, handing his son a large white towel. Wrap yourself in this and then put this on over it." He handed Erik a stark white robe. Once changed the father led his son over to the Sauna Room. He removed the outer robe and hung it on a hook just outside of the steamy room. Erik did the same, folding his arms over his bare chest.
    BRhB93R.jpg

"I can't say I'm entirely comfortable with this," Erik said. No sooner had the words passed his lips, when a couple of Sims rushed into the outer room. Erik heard the distinct clacking of digital cameras. So many pictures were snapped, he was surprised his cheeks hadn't flushed a bright red. They had, but he could pass it off as a result of the heat.
    qokQAru.jpg

After the sauna treatment, Joseph led his son into the Massage Room. "Take a table and let the masseuse work his magic. If you're half as tense as I have been lately, you'll notice a difference by the time he's finished."

It felt weird sticking his head in the circular 'pillow', but the masseuse went to work and Erik could feel the tension melt away.
    BvBCmEL.jpg

The alarm on Erik's phone went off. Groaning, he reached over to turn it off, when it dawned on him it wasn't school he had to attend, but rather a Thanksgiving Day Concert. Despite how relaxing the Spa treatment was, he was still exhausted. After he stood for a long time in the shower, trying to shock himself more fully awake, Erik emerged from his room. The aroma of a turkey roasting in the oven whet his appetite.
    Erik preferred to fast before his concerts. Even the slightest amount of food made his stomach wamble. Even after the many concerts he had held, thus far, he still got the pre-show jitters. When will I ever get over this?

Erik belted out set after set until finally the concert came to a close. He hurried home, in anticipation of a fine Holiday meal. He could almost taste the turkey he was so hungry. Sadly, the long-anticipated holiday wasn't without its own problems. First, Brianna, his only sister argued with their mother.
    DrshWB1.jpg

Then there was the issue with the Gnomes. After hunting around the large house, Erik finally came upon one. In a sincere attempt to appease the thing, he offered it pie. This was a mistake. Instantly, the Gnome was livid. Fire rose from the top of its head. Erik clasped his hands together and immediately pleaded with it to have mercy.
    Xr1UL55.jpg
    To no avail, the thing, chose to zap Erik with a bold of electricity. "Owe! You little devil."
    S6D6lXj.jpg

Not long afterwards, Joseph, who was attending the roasting of the turkey on the barbecue, which is what the two females in the family were squabbling about, Brianna insisting it be roasted in the oven. While Louise, who was mostly open to new ideas, was on Joseph's side of things. Tragically, all the turkey drippings caught on fire! Louise discovered it when she heard Joseph's cries for help. Erik came running, first grabbing the second fire extinguisher from the hallway.
    AedkkIM.jpg

Thankfully, the only thing that died was the turkey dinner. the family chose to eat out, instead.
    Sgm8Xpn.jpg

In between his schooling, concerts and the flurry of photoshoots, Erik busily wrote music. He used his Digitech portable piano, his violin and his guitar, churning out music at a record pace.
    K7FRENT.jpg
    T9J3YVl.png
    m8r9LFG.png

Erik got himself ready for his next concert. A tad nervous, upset over his teacher's reaction to his having been late to class, Erik grabbed up his guitar to work on yet another piece of music. When it was time to go, he set his instrument aside.
    ZB5Tf89.jpg

Upon his return, that now old feeling set in:
    vQNq8nJ.jpg

The very next day at five o'clock, Erik and his family traveled down the the Del Sol Valley Avenue of the Stars. Erik was glad he was allowed to set the time, so that his father would be back from the university where he was now a Professor.
    The moment arrived. Erik took a deep breath, got down on his knees in front of the space he had chosen. Nice to be allowed to choose.
    ELU8NEj.jpg

The tile was tethered to a set of thick leather straps that hung from a crane. Slowly the Sim in the cockpit of the crane, lowered the tile. Erik looked up ever so slightly nervous. Has anyone ever been struck by one of these?
    5UTNuZB.jpg

Breathing a sigh of relief, Erik steadied the tile, lest it swing in the slight breeze off of the ocean.
    i7jow5f.jpg

A jumble of emotions rattled through him as he placed the tile. Shimmering bits of what could only be likened to stardust swirled upward from the tile as it settled in place.
    fjriJcj.jpg
    It was official. Erik James Cantrell was now a Global Superstar.

All for now! Thanks for reading. :)

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @haneul Did one of your wild toddlers ever run around a neighborhood. I swear I've seen a post about that a while back.

@Metior_Ice It wasn't me, but I remember something similar too. My toddlers are generally too busy and managed -- they only get to run around the house or their yard/garden.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I wasn’t able to actually play for long today since I was cc shopping. But I’m doing the not so berry challenge. Almost done with yellow gen. She just got to the forgotten world in oasis springs today. And my little grey gen is now a child. First time I’ve ever done a legacy family/challenge and it’s so fun!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Making Dream Homes a Reality

The Link to the Story Thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18073609/#Comment_18073609

While his Daughter and Nephew learned and grew quickly at home, Gui helped to support his family by completing a few gigs.

Gui's first client was a wealthy family Sulani. Because his Brother-in-law was a merman, he was aware of their existence. The Zalrians, a Family of Elementals, were aware of this. As the Sapphire Princes, Dylan and Zephyr represented their people in their traditional attire, if not a more casual variation. They greeted Gui and went over the things they were hoping for with the remodel. The Zalia Shores helped to focus the balance between the Elementals, so there were important elements that needed to be maintained in each room.

Dylan: "And that's what I'm hoping for when you decorate me and my brother's rooms. It's important that the Elements of Water and Air are in balance."

51919282555_d0fb2c89cd_h.jpg
    Gui: "I can definitely make that work!"

Dylan: "That's great to hear!"

51918993084_ccfcd8dd14_b.jpg

Zephyr: "Here, take a look at this. I have a few ideas. Starting with the rocket ship."

51918993069_f41b8d1514_h.jpg

Gui looked at the plans: "So, you're planning to get rid of the Rocket?"

Zephyr: "It causes too much pollution and clouds up the sky."

Gui: "If I sell it, I should be able to fund more renovations."

Zephyr: "That's exactly what I was thinking. However, the most important thing is renovating the Earth Elemental Rooms."

Juniper: "Personally, I'm hoping for a few more plants."

51918663486_887a816644_b.jpg

Gui asked Dylan: "So what's your favorite decor?"

Dylan paused to think.

51919283145_40bad2b82f_h.jpg

Dylan: "I definitely prefer island decor. It makes me feel more at home."

Juniper rolled his shoulders back and tilted his head: "I think the tropical plants are great additions to any home. I think we need a few more around the house."

51917697067_ffec7bf360_b.jpg

Gui asked Zephyr: "So, what are your favorite hobbies, like rock climbing or other activities?"

Zephyr stopped and thought for a moment.

51918993034_9011b58f2a_h.jpg

Zephyr: "We're planning a trip to the world of Mt. Komorebi. It would be awesome if we had some sports gear for skiing."

51918762038_2bf63de40e_b.jpg

Gui: "Noted."

Zephyr: "It's going to be a birthday trip for Jade and Juniper. The whole family will be there, so we all need a pair of skis."

51918663431_e1074a35b0_b.jpg

After returning home from his gig, Gui got abducted by Sixams. The returned him to Newcrest after he landed rather roughly on the ground.

51919283020_a8e37e664c_b.jpg

51918662846_4c42a81dfe_b.jpg

The next day, Gui got a recommendation from the Zalrians. From what Gui could gather, Dylan's wife, Cecelia, left to Newcrest to raise their twin sons away from the sea. Dylan wanted to help make their living conditions better, so he gave Cecelia a large sum of money to renovate their home.

Cecelia: "I've really fallen in love with gardening, and it would be great if we had a small garden."

Gui: "That sounds easy enough."

51917696922_f8c147d6ef_b.jpg

Gui noticed that their home was very small, so it didn't take long to make a few changes. He had plenty of time to show off their new home.

51918992874_7f6787b8c3_b.jpg

51918761968_601c709793_b.jpg

While Wade wandered around the yard, Cecelia was overjoyed by the garden!

51918992864_c8f54f42c2_b.jpg

Sefina was helping to look after Cecelia for Dylan and Zephyr, and she appreciated the garden more than any of them knew. Their home was off the grid, and it didn't have an unlimited supply of food. Cecelia was a former mermaid, and they wanted to stay off the radar to avoid a conflict with another Darkfin.

51919282950_6240d398ef_b.jpg

While everyone checked out the new house, Barnabus and Wade were chatting up a storm. The twins didn't know how to speak, so their conversation was in a language only they understood.

Wade: "Babba Babba. (Aren't dinosaurs awesome! I love the T. Rex.)"

51919282480_9834108d24_b.jpg

51918992849_17aa2ed435_h.jpg

Sefina: "We actually have a toy box now!"

Cecelia: "Stepping on those toys was like stepping on a barnacle!"

51918992844_9107478bf9_b.jpg

Cecelia: "I think we could get a few more toys now. I hear that Kemps will be reopening the stores again!"

Sefina: "Girl, we need to save as much money as we can. The toy chest is full of all the toys we could need!"

51918663221_83556e3760_b.jpg

Cecelia admired the new fridge while Sefina hugged Gui.

51917696787_5a11759908_b.jpg

The Twins were caught up in the mood too.

51918663211_349ecec2f8_b.jpg

The young women were ecstatic with the new decor and having everything they need to meet their basic needs.

51918992829_5e764e4697_b.jpg
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @rongtudjuuu Cool! Kind of makes me want to rewatch Friends. Have you made or found any Sims of the characters?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Playing with one of Caleb Vatore's daughters, Alora, and her family. She and her husband have two toddlers now so these are a few scenes of vampires out on the town and domestic vampire life.

Flirting with death to spare a victim of risky vampirism (it worked):

9ly28du.png

When your dogs always wanna be piled in bed with you and this is the closest they can get to your coffin:

rib6f4g.png

You know how they say dogs are Vampire Baby's Best Friend? It's true

jkgxpWu.png
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited March 2022
    Hello all! Yesterday I had what will probably be my last wedding in game without the new pack. I'm waiting until it's a little more patched before buying it, and the last household in my rotation needed a wedding and I didn't want to wait.

So this is the Jang family, founded by Billie Jang after her divorce from Erick Andreas and then her breakup with Brytni Cho. Currently she's living with her younger boyfriend Knox, their daughter Priscilla, and her YA son Jacob and his fiancee Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis.

Knox and Priscilla:
    Lh01AQf.png

Billie and Priscilla:
    BRRUVSL.png

Jacob and Olivia:
    C67CSgv.png

I'll put the actual wedding under a spoiler because I take a lot of screenshots. My imgur account now has over 5800 sims screenshots stored.
    c8UJmBN.png

I tried something I saw on the boards about using the group options to make guests sit at the wedding. It does seem to work! Mostly. Some didn't get seated before I took the first picture but did before the ceremony was over. Hopefully with the new pack we'll not need that as much.
    MotPIcV.png
    abYUWUR.png
    The groom's family took up the first row, with his father and twin brother on the left and his mother and his father's twin brother on the right.

2SZ1l9Z.png
    vy0qZKt.png
    PonHxvy.png
    K4YAvNo.png

The venue had an outdoor bar, which could have been a disaster in formal wear in winter but fortunately the worst that happened was Knox turning blue right before he walked off the lot on his way home.
    Following is a series of pictures of guests after the ceremony was over.

Groom's brother Esau and father Erick.
    qwCwk2C.png

They always like to sit forever after the ceremony and chat. This is Derrick, the groom's uncle, Darius, Derrick's son, and Lorelei Goth, the groom's cousin.
    LgCHEaq.png

Lorelei, Billie and Farrah Fyres (another cousin) at the outdoor bar.
    gYCU2uV.png

Farrah gets to know the bride's father, Eric Lewis (Alice in background).
    KGAg4RD.png

Dennis Kim gets to know some of the groom's other relatives. Sitting with Dennis is Jacob's half-sister Noelle Cho, on the other side is Darius and another cousin, Harper Munch.
    18S39YI.png

At some point they did actually use the tables indoors. The two on the left are Adam Andreas and Isabella Goth-Andreas, more of Jacob's cousins. Also Knox made it into this shot, as well as the bride and groom.
    mhDUfrQ.png

For anyone reading who hasn't been following my sims for a while, Jacob's father Erick is the son of my founding sim, who had 9 children by 5 different fathers, so there are a lot of cousins. Most of the teen and YA cousins were present, but not the vampires because it was a daytime wedding, and there are a few Jacob didn't have in his relationship panel.

I don't know what Harper was mad about but I love her expression.
    fJ4Ecdz.png

Maybe she was mad because I completely forgot and left the wedding cake in the fridge at home. The family all had some when they got back after the event was over. Priscilla was happy to be included.
    9S2VbkW.png

The next day the bride and groom spent a lot of time celebrating their romance in some interesting places.
    vlSv6rs.png
    S4cMJRI.png
    They definitely did those in the wrong order.

The rest of this rotation was mostly raising a toddler and making things. Knox is a freelance writer, Olivia is a freelance crafter, Billie is in the painting career and Jacob is in the green technician branch of the Eco Lifestyle career.
    So they spend a lot of time making things.
    fjjAaJI.png
    GBztRIj.png
    VXZtfPh.png
    C5IruYc.png

And toddler:
    WwORJuJ.png
    ucUFb4x.png
    PtIz477.png
    h37iOlt.png
    uMcFImR.png
    ys9l7OI.png
    cqjW4DL.png
    Pc6WaHS.png
    YOh4m1e.png
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @rongtudjuuu Cool! Kind of makes me want to rewatch Friends. Have you made or found any Sims of the characters?

Actually not yet but im planning on it lol, i wasnt sure about these coburts at first, i did it just to see if it could be done, and since that pic i updated it because i had forgot the yellow lonesome coburt over the fridge. lol.

f4.png

I did do Seinfeld last year btw lol, and i downloaded Elaine. It was my very first (and only) house build. I made it look like Seinfeld's flat. 03-06-22-2-49-20-PM.png

03-06-22-2-49-38-PM.png

But the country coburts i was suspecting they would be the 'right' blue and i was waiting for an opportunity to try the 'firends blue' of that legendary kitchen. The rest was too easy, match the bricks and voilà! Now if i can find the characters in the gallery which im sure i will, i mght be very dificult about they're looks, but i will give it a try.

Ciao4now...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I haven't properly checked out this thread in a while. I have some ancient comments for a few of you. :)

@sarabeth2984
    p930 I always love how unique your Sims are. Adelynn and Abelard = another great and unexpected couple. I'm glad the family was able to salvage the holiday despite the gnomes and the fire. Abelard lives with Junior in Forgotten Hollow and the rest of the family lives in Newcrest? Congrats to Brandywine on that first kiss.

Lisette seems more typical teenager than mermaid. Regardless, the proposal!!! :D I have given up on autonomous proposals in my game.

@Metior_Ice
    Edit: After Zalen has a toddler playdate with his Uncles, I'll finally have my next update. I know it isn't impossible in real life, but the idea of Zalen having Toddler Uncles is kinda weird. I guess that's to be expected with immortals. (Just for those who don't know, my mermaids and mermen are played with aging turned off. They are effectively immortal.)
    p930-1 I agree with this. Immortals' family trees begin to feel weird quite quickly, especially when great-great-grandchildren are younger than children. Then I just think of them as relatives and avoid specific titles.

p937 I like the Alania Estate, especially the study. Does the storage room not have a door? The thought of playing on console without mods gives me stress, so I hope your game learns to behave itself and dress Dylan/Zeph properly.
    I don't blame Eos for acting out and smashing the doll house. He just aged up to being a toddler, so he doesn't know better. But, he keeps getting angry because his needs drop while his parents, aunt, and uncles fight over who gets to feed him and put him to bed.
    A lot of people seem to have this issue. I've luckily had a relatively easy time with toddlers. My Sims don't fight over them and thankfully take turns with their care. The worst issue I face is that my toddlers are easily angered and annoyed by their parents when they have low skills and their parents try to be helpful.

@Lyrie
    p931 Beckett's blush is too cute. All of their preparations are making me excited for this upcoming trip too. :) And thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I will be checking out your separate thread as well.

@BlueSeaWaves
    p931 Why Wally?!?! Why? And at a wedding… ugh. Junior shouldn't be better behaved than him. I'm surprised that Wally's at best awkward parenting isn't a huge turnoff to Neyla. p932 But the more their relationship goes on, even considering the new home, I wonder if Neyla is with him because she thinks she doesn't have any other options. What kind of joy does he bring to her life at all?

@Daephene
    p932 It's so cute that toddlers can "bok bok" at chickens. I had no idea. The next time I have a toddler, I will check it out. I'm glad all of your Sims are gaining skills well. Only 1 more level left for both Millie and Brent in their careers, but they've probably reached the top by now…

--
    Fier Legacy - I also added a few posts to my legacy in my absence, but I'll link them one at a time.
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Learn more about the Fiers?
    Past posts are linked and indexed on my blog.

Vampires and an Angelic Unicorn Queen
    cGQzUwp.jpg

Asher didn’t trust his 13th child.

His chess champion daughter who completed college in 3 semesters with a perfect GPA and who had been promoted to the top ranks of her conservationist career while still a student (because she had worked full-time throughout college) and who had also won a Starlight Accolade for a song she’d written and quietly licensed when no one was paying attention and who—this curious, introspective, chronically overachieving daughter of his was a suspiciously mediocre vampire.

Asher thought she was okay, but given that he had thought that about others before and been extremely incorrect and that his daughter generally avoided discussing anything remotely related to being a vampire with him, he wanted to check.

Actually, Asher wanted her to become a grand master, and imagined her sunkissed and happy on the beaches of Sulani, laying waste to all litterers and poachers via exsanguination drip by drip…

The rest is on my blog. I know it's annoying to follow links off-site, so feel free to skip. I'm just trying something different, where I don't license EA <3 everything.
    @haneul You don't have to worry with me, it takes me so long to get around to all 22 households that it's very unlikely that anything will change between when I post and you comment. I've stopped even trying to catch up on comments and just occasionally make a few if something inspires me to. I just don't spend that much time on my sims or the boards anymore.
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2022
    I have posted Avery’s backstory in a different thread but I’m moving it her so I’ll post a link to her story chapters before this.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/18045733#Comment_18045733
    7-A917290-27-B1-4-CC8-92-F5-6-D07642-B710-C.jpg
    It was love day and even though she is Unflirty she asked out Akira on a date and on that date she asked him to be her boyfriend.]A9628-BD2-32-DD-49-AE-95-BA-B3-FBCAB22635.jpg
    Then she invited him home and they had her first woohoo.
    19-FE2-A61-3-E00-4-A76-BA5-A-F4418-E5-E9-E0-B.jpg
    The next morning Penny Pizazz came over and they were having a perfectly normal conversation on her couch when suddenly they moved the conversation to the bathroom.
    C043563-F-0-FD5-435-E-BB1-C-837-E239-EFD7-F.jpg
    31-E306-E2-EC91-442-E-8-B61-D798576-D22-E3.jpg
    She tried the spicy curry challenge at the spice festival and she failed. Then she got drunk and did karaoke with a bartender.

308-A4-DEE-A1-B2-4-DE4-9-E3-E-D6-B46-CBE5-C1-D.jpg
    The next morning she got a PUPPY!
    I’m sorry it’s so long and I don’t know how to make spoilers so if someone could explain how to that would be great.
    Bonus pic of Judith Ward breathing fire.
    Post edited by DuckyQueen on
    @YellowLady Above the box where you type your post, one of the drop down menus is a backwards P (to the left of the emojis) that says format when you hover over it. Click on that and you'll be able to choose Spoiler. It will put (spoiler) and (/spoiler) where your cursor is (but with different brackets instead of parentheses). Whatever you type or paste between those two will be hidden under the spoiler tag.
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    @Daephene
    Thank you!
    AyKooChao wrote: »

Actually not yet but im planning on it lol, i wasnt sure about these coburts at first, i did it just to see if it could be done, and since that pic i updated it because i had forgot the yellow lonesome coburt over the fridge. lol.

f4.png

I did do Seinfeld last year btw lol, and i downloaded Elaine. It was my very first (and only) house build. I made it look like Seinfeld's flat. 03-06-22-2-49-20-PM.png

03-06-22-2-49-38-PM.png

But the country coburts i was suspecting they would be the 'right' blue and i was waiting for an opportunity to try the 'firends blue' of that legendary kitchen. The rest was too easy, match the bricks and voilà! Now if i can find the characters in the gallery which im sure i will, i mght be very dificult about they're looks, but i will give it a try.

Ciao4now...

I watched that show. You did a great job on the apartment/flat. :)
    haneul wrote: »
    I haven't properly checked out this thread in a while. I have some ancient comments for a few of you. :)

@Metior_Ice
    Edit: After Zalen has a toddler playdate with his Uncles, I'll finally have my next update. I know it isn't impossible in real life, but the idea of Zalen having Toddler Uncles is kinda weird. I guess that's to be expected with immortals. (Just for those who don't know, my mermaids and mermen are played with aging turned off. They are effectively immortal.)
    p930-1 I agree with this. Immortals' family trees begin to feel weird quite quickly, especially when great-great-grandchildren are younger than children. Then I just think of them as relatives and avoid specific titles.

p937 I like the Alania Estate, especially the study. Does the storage room not have a door? The thought of playing on console without mods gives me stress, so I hope your game learns to behave itself and dress Dylan/Zeph properly.

I'm going to try and check out your link later, and I'll make a response for it then.

The family titles are definitely getting confusing with immortality, so I'm probably going to take your advice and treat them like relatives without as many titles. I think I'll still use immediate family terms.

Alania Estate's storage room should have a door, but it's possible that I didn't add one. I'll have to check on that.

For Dylan and Zeph, I have very little control over what they wear, and they almost always wear their swimwear all the time in Sulani.

I guess that's why I started using their swimwear as their traditional merfolk attire. If I don't make them wear a certain outfit, they wear whatever they want.

For Dylan and Zeph, they are identical twins, and I swear the game goes out of its way to make them look as different as possible. Their physical appearance is still identical and things like that don't change.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2022
    I am going to get into this thread again. It's lovely to see some familiar "faces" after two years!

@Daephene Hey :) I guess it is not the same huge rotational save that you played two years ago, right? The one where each family had its own pack focus. You had Athena, the elder and you took her and the rest of the elders on one last vacation.
    Anyway, what a nice wedding. Cake or not. At least they didn't have to share with the guests :D Yes, I think that is why Harper was mad.
    Billie looks so much like her mum! At first I thought it was Anaya in that orange dress at the wedding. So I guess Anaya has passed away? But that doesn't make any sense since Mr. Dennis Kim was at the wedding... Hm... *thinking emoji*

@sarabeth2984 Hey :) I could swear I remember the name Morecombe from before two years ago! Is it the family? (that kept getting fire all the time)
    I love the fixer upper house. Did you build it or is it from the gallery?
    I really love the backstory. Poor professor, I don't believe being mean and evil and hating children was in his nature. I think that was Gen-Z that caused it. Oh no, Caleb as a babysitter, that could go wrong very quickly :D Honestly, I think the love guru is a fraud, he only does it to find himself some good wifey material. Maybe he found it in Lan. I can't wait for how it develops, if ever. And the kitchen looks nice, I love how it resembles her but it still keeps its own old charm if you know what I mean.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    edited March 2022
    Castle In the Air, an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

Erik stared at the embossed invitation, his mother handed him upon his return. “If I’m not mistaken, that’s from the Starlight Academy,” she said. “I recognize the fine quality of paper. They love to do this the same way it has been done since antiquity. I don’t know why, but it does have a certain savoir-vivre about it.”
    “Well, it is true that back-in-the-day, society really knew how to do things right, you know?” Erik said with a grin.
    Louise frowned at her son. “Erik, I may be old, but I’m not that old.”
    “I know that Mom. I just enjoy giving you a hard time, is all.” He winked and Louise just shook her head.
    “Are you going to open it? Or do you prefer to just chit-chat. I have waited all day long. Come, on, open it before I have a fit of Apoplexy and my friends call me away.” Erik lifted a blond eyebrow.
    “Your ‘friends’?”
    “Yes, you know the Coat Tree in the hall and the others …”
    “Oh, you mean the ones you chat with so often in times of stress. Gotcha.”

Erik loved his mother dearly, but she could be a bit Erratic from time to time. Stress drove her into her own private world. She couldn’t handle it —at all. That’s part of her charm Erik worked at opening the envelope. The texture was of a fine linen-type, easy on the fingers, but it was also very strong and refused to be torn. Not that he wished to destroy it, lest what was inside be damaged. “Not like that, son,” Louise said, reaching out as if to take the missive from him. “Use your thumb under the wax seal on the back.” Erik flipped the manila colored envelope over. A large oval gold wax seal, with the impression of a swan, held the flap in place. Carefully, he did as his mother instructed and voila, it gave passage to him, the envelope intact. Inside was a card made of thick stock, embossed as well.
    “The last song you licensed, Daybreak, has been nominated for Best Song. Be sure to attend the next Starlight Accolades to see if you’ve won.”
    Erik’s hands began to shake, for a moment tears stabbed at his eyes and he could no longer see. Words jammed in his throat and stuck there. He seemed stricken for a second or more. Louise smiled, and took the card from his hands.
    “You’ve been nominated, haven’t you,” she said. “It’s all right, Erik, breathe. I’m so happy for you.”

Erik watched, as the device blinked the time as it changed, the numbers a luminescent red. A whole second had passed. The class was taking a test. Erik was already finished with the four-page exam. For him, it was more like review. And so, he sat, quietly waiting for the teacher to call Time. Yes, this was a timed set of questions. His mind drifted to his more immediate concerns. He received the invitation on Monday and so far Tuesday seemed stuck on the calendar. If Time would be less of a tyrant, he would be happy. Instead, it appeared pleased to drag ever so slowly. Stop watching the dang clock

Finally the alarm rang out. Erik startled in his chair. “Students, put your writing implements down. Place your paper on top of the one behind you and pass them forward. Mr. Cantrell, since you seemed finished for most of the examination period, would you please come forward and collect the test papers from each row. Thank you.”
    “Certainly, Ms. Pratchett.” Erik stood handed his own test to the student in front of him, and walked to the top of the classroom. From there he waited patiently while the other students passed their pages forward. Taking them from the student who sat at the front of each row, one girl managed to drag her fingertips over his hand. Erik glanced at her briefly and saw how bright red her cheeks grew. “Meet me after class and I’ll sign an autograph for you,” he smiled. Her cheeks flushed ever deeper if that was possible.
    “There will be no talking! Erik, I’m surprised at you.”
    “Sorry, Ma’am.” He glanced at the girl and she mouthed the word, sorry. Erik dipped his head at her. He straightened the stack of papers, tapping them ever so gently, and placed them neatly on the corner of the teacher's massive desk.
    By the time Thursday rolled around the pace began to pick up. Erik had concerts to perform, another round of photoshoots for several magazines. He even was able to sneak down to Taygeta Studios to lay down tracks for his third album. His second, Mystic Memories was at the top of the charts. He signed a contract with this studio and prayed they wouldn’t be task-masters, allowing him room for all he was expected to accomplish. Always, he was writing music and lyrics. Happily, he only had to cover a handful of existing songs on his first two albums. His third album was all Erik, Early Morning Mist.

Sunday morning broke brightly through the window, splashing Erik’s face with the sun’s rays. At last the day is here. He got up, roused his siblings and made himself ready for Church Services. In the afternoon when they arrived back home, Erik stood before his closet trying to decide just what to wear that evening. “Hey, Erik,” Brianna said as she knocked on the door and he waved her in.
    “How did you know I needed help picking out my ensemble?” When she just stared at him, he grinned.
    “You’re asking me that? You’ve got a little bit of second-sight, too.”
    “This is true, but it’s more based on which instrument to use, which lyrics are best and how to mix it all together to get just the right sound. You, on the other hand, have this sense of what’s about to happen.”

Brianna put her fingertips to her temples, closed her eyes for a moment then said, “I see in your future you’re going to be wearing,” she pointed to a particular suit. “That one.”
    “Okay, thanks, little sister. You have impeccable taste.”
    “No, I just sensed you were leaning toward that one.” She giggled and left the room. “Oh, and break a leg tonight. Love you, Erik.”
    "Right back at you." He laughed. If he had to have a sister, then he was glad this one was his. She was a delight to be around.

Erik’s father drove him down to the PBP Studio, pulling the hovercraft into the lot. “Thanks, Dad.”
    “We’ll be watching the Show at home. Give me a call when you’re ready to be picked up. Likely you’ll be besieged by fans wanting autographs and Paparazzi wanting pictures. Have a fun night, you’ve earned this.”

Erik sighed a couple of autographs before he even had a chance to walk to the door. He took the time and posed for a couple of pictures beforehand. I wish I felt as if I belonged here, he groused to himself. He was almost stopped from entering by the Bouncer. A very well-build, athletic-looking woman. For a moment, he fumbled as he reached into his jacket’s inner pocket and pulled out the invitation. She took it, glanced at it quickly, and then handed it back to him. “Welcome to the Starlight Accolades, Mr. Cantrell. Please find a seat inside.”
    “Thank you.”

Most of the seats were already taken by the time he got inside. Looking around, he spied one chair on the end of the second row. He walked over, using his normal gait, rather than the affected one he saw some of the stars who came in after him use, and sat down. All the while, he wondered if he had taken someone’s designated ‘seat’. No one bothered him, if he had. Erik sat there, his hands all sweaty and watched as others were called forth to receive an Accolade for Best Performance, and every other category, but Music. The night was also going to tease him, he realized.

“For bringing such aural beauty to ears around the world, Erik Cantrell won the Starlight Accolade for the Best Song, Daybreak!”
    Stunned half out of his mind, Erik stood up. All six-foot-two inches of him. He calmly strode to the microphone, although his emotions were all over the place on the inside. He stood there and said, "Good Evening. I'm Erik. Erik Cantrell." To which the audience chuckled lightly and then they applauded. Erik smiled back at them.
    aS8rnxe.jpg

Nervously, he cleared his throat. "I-ah, I would like to start out by thanking my parents for all those music lessons they endured as I mastered the latest instrument. Violin was the worst of it. Painful times, those were. For Orion Entertainment, Limited, for seeing something in me and promoting me the way they have. For my record label, Taygeta Studios for believing in me and trusting me as they led the way. I would like to thank my brothers Aaron and Joey, for helping to keep my head level. Aaron, your insults while biting were just what I needed. Joey, your sense of logic got me through some of my worst moments. It's been a long road," his voice caught.
    7U9zgoL.jpg

"Thank you to my wonderful Fans, without whom I wouldn't be here. I would also like to thank Cherry Woods, the President of the Erik Cantrell Fan Club, Del Sol Valley Chapter. Chapter, does that mean more than one? Actually, she's in one of my classes. I guess I'll have to ask her."
    56trxGm.jpg

"Most of all I would like to thank the Starlight Academy for considering my work and for the nomination and now, this win. I am completely blown away! Thank you."
    s05sIvh.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top