Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The KawiiStacie Slice of Life 3.0 beta mod

Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
edited February 2022 in General Mods Discussion
This mod is huge to me. Huge as in there are tons of buffs to affect your sim during the game. For 2 weeks I've explored this mod and I kinda like it. What I mean is that it forces you to brush your teeth or your sim will have "disgusting teeth", it forces you to drink water or your sim will get dizzy from dehydration. What is new in this version is that it has ailments that a sim will have to endure during life or they can be made healthy. And it has a "vaccine" that prevents sims from getting sick for 7 days. Personally, I like the part where I have to go get vaccinated once a week to keep from getting sick. It kinda reminds me of what's going on in RL. Of course it's got the skin care, phone, and memories as in previous versions. But this one (3.0) seems to have put all of the pieces where they belong to make things more realistic. Anyway, if you are using this mod, I'd like to hear from you as to what else I might be missing. Hmmm!!!
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    I used to use it but it got annoying as the creator added more to it and I stopped using it. The final straw was when the annoying animations, face masks and random makeup kept happening to my sims. I really only liked it for the blushing appearances.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I used to use it but it got annoying as the creator added more to it and I stopped using it. The final straw was when the annoying animations, face masks and random makeup kept happening to my sims. I really only liked it for the blushing appearances.

Yeah, there was a lot added to it. I expanded the buffs that appear at the bottom of the screen and of the 13 buffs, 10 were from the Slice of Life mod. So it's a big mod indeed. Combine it with the MCCC mod and you have a simulation lag opportunity if your pc memory is low.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Sharonia Yeah, I miss that part. It made for some really cute screenshots. I wish I could have that part without the face masks.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I have this mod, but it's not installed right now. I liked the phone app features and the skin care routines. They were getting sick a lot though and so much was happening so I uninstalled it. I'm used to a game with no drama ha. I should have tried that vaccine I think. I heard the kids front teeth fall out. Did you you see this?
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I have this mod, but it's not installed right now. I liked the phone app features and the skin care routines. They were getting sick a lot though and so much was happening so I uninstalled it. I'm used to a game with no drama ha. I should have tried that vaccine I think. I heard the kids front teeth fall out. Did you you see this?
    No. I play a single sim with no wife or children. The vaccine prevents sickness, but requires weekly vaccinations.
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Sharonia Yeah, I miss that part. It made for some really cute screenshots. I wish I could have that part without the face masks.

Actually the facemasks are cool to me. They let me know when my skin is being treated. The trick is to have the face mask come on at bedtime around 10pm since they come on at the same time everyday. That way you don't have it on when you're at the park with friends.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I am still using Slice of life, but only the packs for the memories and the blusing, tears,etc. I also find the face masks annoying, but my sims don't do them autonomously, so it is okay and I am also using UI cheats, so i remove all the buffs from the skincare pack like dry skin, etc.
    I really hope that Stacie will one day separate the blushing, tears effects and skincare, that would be perfect for me.
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    I am still using Slice of life, but only the packs for the memories and the blusing, tears,etc. I also find the face masks annoying, but my sims don't do them autonomously, so it is okay and I am also using UI cheats, so i remove all the buffs from the skincare pack like dry skin, etc.
    I really hope that Stacie will one day separate the blushing, tears effects and skincare, that would be perfect for me.

I've never seen my sim cry tears. Maybe that's because I never let sims become friends who will die and cause me to mourn them with tears. Isn't that 3 days of sadness to get through?
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I use 3.0 but I took out the My Health, My Alcohol, and My Cycle. I use WonderWhims instead of My Cycle but I don't let it control the games pregnancy because I use MCCC for custom occult percentages. To replace the My Health I use Health Lumpinou's Mood Pack, Sandy/ATS' Required Functional Medications, and Healthcare Redux which has 4 different versions depending on how much you want it to affect your sims. I also use the Milestones Mod. Using this combination I have the facemasks, social, cycles, an attraction system, realistic medical care with prenatal visits, vaccines, medications, long term illness, short term illness and a lot more. I am also thinking of adding the Preteen mod as well but haven't decided yet.
    Of course there are the big 3 mods that most simmers use. MCCC and Slice of life being 2 of them. But I try to not use more than 4 to keep the processing speed high.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »

I've never seen my sim cry tears. Maybe that's because I never let sims become friends who will die and cause me to mourn them with tears. Isn't that 3 days of sadness to get through?

I have a lot of other mods too, sims get teary eyes when they are sad and it looks so cute. It doesn't have to be just because someone died.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2022
    I used to use it, but I found I was needing to take more and more modules out to suit the way I play. I'm finding mods from ADeepIndigo and Lumpinou cover similar ideas but much more in my play style. I also like FDSims4's Give Me Some Talent and ItsKatato's PreTeen mod. I'm not great at limiting my mods... over 50 of them currently in my game... but these are my top for adding life to my sims. I would say the only feature I truly miss from SoL is the emotion overlays like blushing and crying.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    I used to use it, but I found I was needing to take more and more modules out to suit the way I play. I'm finding mods from ADeepIndigo and Lumpinou cover similar ideas but much more in my play style. I also like FDSims4's Give Me Some Talent and ItsKatato's PreTeen mod. I'm not great at limiting my mods... over 50 of them currently in my game... but these are my top for adding life to my sims. I would say the only feature I truly miss from SoL is the emotion overlays like blushing and crying.

Never seen a sim cry. Must be from morning a death I guess.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Never seen a sim cry. Must be from morning a death I guess.

With Slice of Life, tears would appear whenever my sim was sad... death, breakups, low social, teen mood swings, vegetarian sim eating meat, etc. It's not a crying animation but an overlay where you will see droplets of tears in their eyes.

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited February 2022
    Sharonia wrote: »
    You can just disable the part of the mods that does the face masks (skin care, IIRC), or just delete the masks from the mod folder. Its a very customisable mod. And she last year started a version which you just downloaded what you needed.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited February 2022
    Having installed this mod, i'm honestly very disappointed with one aspect, the personality.

i'll give a few examples:
    One of my sims: Laurel Plato is evil, she loves winding up everyone around her for her own twisted amusement, she especially takes a perverse delight and often a sick thrill on the negative moods of others. So i assign her the mastermind personality because it fits who she is but as far as the personality part of SoL is concerned, she's an introvert. That's just plain wrong, she's not an introvert at all.

Another of my sims: Jill Markowitz, she's one of the more extreme cases of being a loner, she's unflirty and loves stealing things. She's a non-sexual type, she has no interest in others or that aspect of herself. I assigned her as a visionary and SoL decides she's an extrovert. That's so far from who she is that i'm starting to wonder if the mod even understands what it's doing.

I assign Garry Burnside the big bouncy, extrovert who is always smiling and willing to give of himself to make others happy. I assign him as an idealist and SoL decides he's an introvert. His wife Lucia as well, i assign her as a provider and again SoL decides she's an introvert and she isn't an introvert either.

I don't know what KS did with that aspect of their mod but as it stands, it's a rather negative opening experience.

Edit: I have now removed the mod as it's now just plain confusing. It was also causing severe performance issues and now with it being removed the performance has returned to where it should be.
    Post edited by Hoverael on
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    i use the mod, but only memorys, and overlays, and phone calls (but i remove the phone system because i found anoying sims are 24/7 using the phone.